[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Time To Fire Hornacek Is Coming
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

1/14/2018  8:49 PM
I'd fire Hornacek right after this long road trip unless the team pulls a miracle. His offensive schemes are horrible and his defenses don't work either. The lack of playing time for Willy and Dotson is criminal. Playing Lance Thomas so much is really pathetic. Frank's game is regressing on the offensive end and this is on the coach too. I hate how Horny runs midrange isos all the time for KP instead of telling him to either shoot threes or get in closer to the basket ala Kareem. Frank, KP, Dotson, Baker, McDermott and Willy have all regressed under Hornacek's coaching style and the team just looks terrible even though we have a decent amount of talent. It's time for him to go.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/14/2018  9:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2018  9:05 PM
reub wrote:I'd fire Hornacek right after this long road trip unless the team pulls a miracle. His offensive schemes are horrible and his defenses don't work either. The lack of playing time for Willy and Dotson is criminal. Playing Lance Thomas so much is really pathetic. Frank's game is regressing on the offensive end and this is on the coach too. I hate how Horny runs midrange isos all the time for KP instead of telling him to either shoot threes or get in closer to the basket ala Kareem. Frank, KP, Dotson, Baker, McDermott and Willy have all regressed under Hornacek's coaching style and the team just looks terrible even though we have a decent amount of talent. It's time for him to go.

+1 hes done. Not getting Willy involved in a scheme has been criminal

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/14/2018  9:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:I'd fire Hornacek right after this long road trip unless the team pulls a miracle. His offensive schemes are horrible and his defenses don't work either. The lack of playing time for Willy and Dotson is criminal. Playing Lance Thomas so much is really pathetic. Frank's game is regressing on the offensive end and this is on the coach too. I hate how Horny runs midrange isos all the time for KP instead of telling him to either shoot threes or get in closer to the basket ala Kareem. Frank, KP, Dotson, Baker, McDermott and Willy have all regressed under Hornacek's coaching style and the team just looks terrible even though we have a decent amount of talent. It's time for him to go.

Get off that Willy stuff.... Willy expected the minutes to be there regardless how terrible he played. We don't need a guy like that. He's still crying in the media about playing over guys that are clearly playing well. It's like **** you dude. We're not going bench guys that are bringing it just so you can get a free ride. Want to change the culture? Trade dudes like this away from the team. Play guys that are bringing it and keep guys that stay readty waiting for their opportunity.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

1/14/2018  9:37 PM
I would fire Horny over playing Baker and Thomas so much... Beasley can give you 30 points in no time. He misses 2 shots and you yank him. 9 minuted in an overtime game where we are outscored 41-22 in the 4th and overtime period. We can't score and our best offensive player is on the bench. Thomas helped hold Anthony Davis to 47 points. Such great defense. Beas needs to be out there. He earned his minutes.

Fuck im So mad... do the pelicans think they should bench demarcus so they can have scoring off the bench when Davis is out? So **** n stupid.!!! Beas was 0-4 in 9 minutes but you know damn well the guy can get in a flow and score buckets at will at any time. He's been doing it all year. Getting THJr back doesn't mean anything. Beas should always get 30 minutes a game no ****ing brainer

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
reub
Member: #6227

1/14/2018  9:48 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Get off that Willy stuff.... Willy expected the minutes to be there regardless how terrible he played. We don't need a guy like that. He's still crying in the media about playing over guys that are clearly playing well. It's like **** you dude. We're not going bench guys that are bringing it just so you can get a free ride. Want to change the culture? Trade dudes like this away from the team. Play guys that are bringing it and keep guys that stay readty waiting for their opportunity.

Willy played well last year and hasn't gotten hardly any meaningful time this year. He's on a team friendly contract and needs to be developed for our future. Enes might leave or will cost us $20 million a year. O'Quinn might leave or could cost us $10 million per year. Willy won't make that for the remainder of his entire contract. He needs to get some playing time even if it's every other game and only 5-10 minutes. Same for Dotson.

Besides Willy, they're using KP as a Melo replacement and that's not what we need at all. Been there/done that. Baker has gone backwards. McDermott has gone backwards. There's no flow to our offense and no cohesion to our defense. When Horny calls a time out we usually commit a turnover as soon as we inbound the ball. This is all on Hornacek. He'd rather die with Jack and Lance playing plus iso-KP and I think that he needs to go.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/14/2018  10:14 PM
Jeff's biggest issue is that he never seems to ADJUST after the other team makes adjustments to what we're doing. It's so obvious when this team has leads and then the other team just starts shutting down our predictable and slow offense. He needs to switch things up and go quicker and more direct rather than more WEAVES and long developing plays!!!

What happened to UPTEMPO? The Early Offense? Early Spread PnR or Drag Screens before the D is set? What happened to the KP n THJ PnR that gave teams problems. Why so much ISO? WHy not go Small with KP at the 5 with shooters/drivers around him? These are the things that I see Jeff not doing.

EnySpree

1/14/2018  10:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2018  10:19 PM
reub wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Willy played well last year and hasn't gotten hardly any meaningful time this year. He's on a team friendly contract and needs to be developed for our future. Enes might leave or will cost us $20 million a year. O'Quinn might leave or could cost us $10 million per year. Willy won't make that for the remainder of his entire contract. He needs to get some playing time even if it's every other game and only 5-10 minutes. Same for Dotson.

Besides Willy, they're using KP as a Melo replacement and that's not what we need at all. Been there/done that. Baker has gone backwards. McDermott has gone backwards. There's no flow to our offense and no cohesion to our defense. When Horny calls a time out we usually commit a turnover as soon as we inbound the ball. This is all on Hornacek. He'd rather die with Jack and Lance playing plus iso-KP and I think that he needs to go.

They are playing KP like Melo because all of our best players are on the bench. There's nobody to pass to so KP has to take all the shots. Then you want bums that played well last year to play over guys that are playing well this year... and you want second round picks to take minutes away from our best players... so what exactly do you want? To lose?

nixluva
USA
1/14/2018  10:37 PM
Last 3 games we see a similar FADE in the 4th quarter of games.

vs Pelicans Final/OT
1 2 3 4 OT T
NO 13 35 34 27 14 123
NY 29 28 39 13 9 118

vs Timberwolves Final
1 2 3 4 T
NY 27 30 29 22 108
MIN 24 31 32 31 118

vs Bulls Final/2OT
1 2 3 4 OT T
CHI 26 22 30 27 17 122
NY 25 27 30 23 14 119

This just exposes what i've been saying about Jeff not having an answer after the other Coach makes adjustments. Jeff hasn't been able to answer back with adjustments that put the other team on it's heels rather than the Knicks on their heels and eventually getting knocked out.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/14/2018  10:55 PM
Believe Hornacek has exceeded (slightly) Mgmts expectations to this point, in the win column. Lots of close games lost late in the game. We had until very recently the lowest scoring starting PG in the league. The lowest if you include the bench as well. Of course its going to make a difference. Give Jack credit for turning back the clock, but the 4th quarter is often when you need your starting PG to deliver, Jack just doesnt have the energy to attack. He had to rely on Jack more than he wanted to because Frank isnt bringing enough scoring.

I definitely agree that there is room for improvement on Hornacek's part. We need a starting PG who can be a factor for 4 quarters. We marvel at Jack putting up those numbers, but thats what you need every night from your starting PG, and we dont have that right now. No offense to Jack who is giving it his all.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/14/2018  11:05 PM
Need better players
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/14/2018  11:39 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

This. Also, Dotson is getting minutes in Westchester. He shouldn't be playing ahead of Lee and Hardaway. Teams have to try and win and play the guts that earn it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
wargames
Member: #6053

1/14/2018  11:48 PM
Time to make trades. I really like Kanter and Lee and KOQ but we got to be honest. This team is a stud in KP and a few young pieces with potential. The worse thing we can do is struggle to the 8th seed up to the deadline and then coming to reality sink to pick 7-9. The latest they should wait is this road trip and if the knicks don't win at least 3-4 trade as many assets that aren't pick and youth as possible.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
kNYks342
Member: #466
1/15/2018  12:58 AM
Mark Jackson.... please!!!!!!!
nixluva
USA
1/15/2018  1:43 AM
kNYks342 wrote:Mark Jackson.... please!!!!!!!

I actually don't think he's the answer. This team needs some legit Better Ideas on how to Maximize the talent they have. I don't think they're getting everything they can out of these players. It's a team that still needs talent and development, but in the right way.

Too many times this team is playing well but IMO Jeff isn't pushing the right buttons nor is he using the best strategy. There are times when I think he's simply not making the right adjustments.

How about the fact that so many times KP is TOO FAR away from the basket? Is there no way to get him the ball already close to the basket or headed towards it? How about some clean looks rather than having to create off the dribble? Try switching things up so that teams aren't able to sit on our predictable passes.
There are so many things that I see Jeff doing wrong that need needs to correct.

He's going to get a chance to either fix it or end up getting fired. So one way or the other we'll see what he's got.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/15/2018  5:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2018  12:20 PM
His goose was cooked last year- no way you can come back from being Phil's lacky and think you can regain credibility. I'm just not a fan of his at all- I don't like his demeanour, his logic, the way the team responds to him. thought if we wanted to be serious about establishing a defensive culture then we should have got rid of him before the season started (as it would be a wasted season as I don't think he can establish that culture). Now its too late- have him stay for the rest of the season, help our lottery odds then fire him.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/15/2018  7:32 AM
It doesn't make sense to think about this until after the season. Who would be our interim anyway? Most decent outside guys would never take over in the middle of the season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/15/2018  8:52 AM

It's tough to fire him when this team has exceeded expectations so far.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/15/2018  9:11 AM
Silliness, this team was put together in transition. All management wanted to see was competitiveness.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/15/2018  9:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2018  10:03 AM
Winning championships was put aside once Phil was let go. These two guys Mills and Perry are jokes. Jeff Hornaceck isn’t the answer his system sucks. This team struggles because they have no system. They don’t have any go to set or system that the players can execute on a regular basis. Phil tried to instill that when the going got tough they could rely on the old reliable system Ball. To carry them through.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/15/2018  10:07 AM
Vmart wrote:Winning championships was put aside once Phil was let go. These two guys Mills and Perry are jokes. Jeff Hornaceck isn’t the answer his system sucks. This team struggles because they have no system. They don’t have any go to set or system that the players can execute on a regular basis. Phil tried to instill that when the going got tough they could rely on the old reliable system Ball. To carry them through.

No Trade Clause

Time To Fire Hornacek Is Coming

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy