[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Two guys you watch this draft
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

1/17/2018  2:28 PM
Can't understand why anyone's giving Briggs a hard time, on this thread and others.. Dude sticks his neck out with all original ideas on draft prospects/trade targets and always offers reasons why they would fit here, plus good perspective on how to get more out of the current roster/rotation. Just because no one's heard of a guy he's talking about doesn't make what he's saying worthless. Quite the contrary. Some of you guys are insane. Lay off the guy, man. Easily one of my fav. posters here. Always has been, always will be. Keep 'em coming big guy!
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/17/2018  2:51 PM
Finestrg wrote:Can't understand why anyone's giving Briggs a hard time, on this thread and others.. Dude sticks his neck out with all original ideas on draft prospects/trade targets and always offers reasons why they would fit here, plus good perspective on how to get more out of the current roster/rotation. Just because no one's heard of a guy he's talking about doesn't make what he's saying worthless. Quite the contrary. Some of you guys are insane. Lay off the guy, man. Easily one of my fav. posters here. Always has been, always will be. Keep 'em coming big guy!

And when you stick your neck out it can get chopped off!
So there are risks. Nobody begrudges him for trying.
its the redundancy, randomness and lack of accountability mixed in with supreme confidence.
That little bit of arrogance can go a long way.
Its not like he is really doing anything than sharing his thoughts. He has lots of them. We all do.
We have ignore buttons and we have Reply buttons. Briggs views himself a wise sage. Its what makes him charming!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/17/2018  2:53 PM
Finestrg wrote:Can't understand why anyone's giving Briggs a hard time, on this thread and others.. Dude sticks his neck out with all original ideas on draft prospects/trade targets and always offers reasons why they would fit here, plus good perspective on how to get more out of the current roster/rotation. Just because no one's heard of a guy he's talking about doesn't make what he's saying worthless. Quite the contrary. Some of you guys are insane. Lay off the guy, man. Easily one of my fav. posters here. Always has been, always will be. Keep 'em coming big guy!

Hey I appreciate that man--you too. Its a basketball forum--for anyone to have a negative twist its really quite strange. You can agree or disagree---certainly if someone makes 30k posts they will be right and wrong as well! But if you dont put out original ideas--stuff will be boring quickly. I see a guy like Jeremy Lin playing against Uconn--I simply say watch this guy--hes pretty good. Thats it? If I say lets watch Isiah Thomas--lets SEE IF he gets healthy--becuase hes a guy who has led his team to the ECF(somewhere where young people have never even seen) some guy saying its a midget player. So F stupid--no one watched him play at Boston --the guy is a beast whatever size he is. Maybe we could get him cheap and fit in with our bigger guards--I mean having great players is a foul idea?

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/17/2018  3:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2018  3:10 PM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Hey I appreciate that man--you too. Its a basketball forum--for anyone to have a negative twist its really quite strange. You can agree or disagree---certainly if someone makes 30k posts they will be right and wrong as well! But if you dont put out original ideas--stuff will be boring quickly. I see a guy like Jeremy Lin playing against Uconn--I simply say watch this guy--hes pretty good. Thats it? If I say lets watch Isiah Thomas--lets SEE IF he gets healthy--becuase hes a guy who has led his team to the ECF(somewhere where young people have never even seen) some guy saying its a midget player. So F stupid--no one watched him play at Boston --the guy is a beast whatever size he is. Maybe we could get him cheap and fit in with our bigger guards--I mean having great players is a foul idea?

Hey Briggs, I stuck up for you on this site but you never made a peep for me on that other site. What goes?

What other site? realgm? its horrible? lol I almost never ever say something personal--maybe if bothered enough--I just talk basketball. I oike this site because you can speak your mind---as long as it isnt about Trump!

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/17/2018  3:19 PM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Hey Briggs, I stuck up for you on this site but you never made a peep for me on that other site. What goes?

What other site? realgm? its horrible? lol I almost never ever say something personal--maybe if bothered enough--I just talk basketball. I oike this site because you can speak your mind---as long as it isnt about Trump!

You're not The Glass Half Full on another site? He says the same exact things as you.

No Im BRIGGS only. realgm BRIGGS if i ever post there

RIP Crushalot😞
Bretrobert1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6028

1/17/2018  10:03 PM
Bates-Diop would be unanimous Big 10 POY if the season ended today. All around solid college player, but might lack the overall athleticism to make it in the League. Was a high 4 star, borderline 5 star recruit coming out of HS.

Really hope the Knicks get Brunson or Shamet in this draft.

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
BRIGGS
1/17/2018  10:38 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:Bates-Diop would be unanimous Big 10 POY if the season ended today. All around solid college player, but might lack the overall athleticism to make it in the League. Was a high 4 star, borderline 5 star recruit coming out of HS.

The way the NBA is having a 6-4 PG like Shamet who can shoot the 3 ball with such ease and proficiency--another guy who might just be the smart 1st rd pick for the kNicks. He got outplayed tonight by Milton tongiht who looked very good himself. We have 3 picks and some decent names there.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/17/2018  10:48 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bretrobert1 wrote:Bates-Diop would be unanimous Big 10 POY if the season ended today. All around solid college player, but might lack the overall athleticism to make it in the League. Was a high 4 star, borderline 5 star recruit coming out of HS.

The way the NBA is having a 6-4 PG like Shamet who can shoot the 3 ball with such ease and proficiency--another guy who might just be the smart 1st rd pick for the kNicks. He got outplayed tonight by Milton tongiht who looked very good himself. We have 3 picks and some decent names there.

Yeah I like both but I would go Milton. He's bigger and has a 7'0 wingspan. He has a ton of upside as a defender to go with his shooting and secondary playmaking. His role is Brogdon at this level. I would gladly take that. Having him next year taking up Bakers minutes really improves this team on it's own.

BRIGGS
1/19/2018  12:44 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Yeah I like both but I would go Milton. He's bigger and has a 7'0 wingspan. He has a ton of upside as a defender to go with his shooting and secondary playmaking. His role is Brogdon at this level. I would gladly take that. Having him next year taking up Bakers minutes really improves this team on it's own.

Anything past 7 or so Id take Chandler Hutchinson--whether that be pick 9 -15-19 etc... Hes the best player Ive seen this year after guys in the top 7.

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/19/2018  1:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2018  1:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Chandler Hutchison Sg 6-7 215 7-1 wingspan
Keta Bates Diop Sf 6-8 235 7-3 wingspan
-------------------------
Jalen Brunson PG rd 2

Yeah no one else throws out any names and then--oh Briggs you missed on a couple there--but the fact is I actually watch and find the guys! If I go back and show how many dead on pegs I have--Id fill the board up.

One PG in round 2 and make our first and 2nd rd picks turn into these two--forget the draft boards and take my word for these three
dropping bonzie Colson--with broken foot undersized player will need to prove it for a draft pick.

How hard is it to find guys that are putting up big stats for teams that aren't big name schools for basketball and then throw their names in a thread on a message board? I can go on the internet and find kids that are putting up good stats for their teams and post their names on a message board.

There are plenty of players who put up great stats who have 0/100 chance of playing in the NBA. Its good to have numbers--but rather in terms of nBA--you are looking at body athleticism skill sets length team play ball handling defense---most of these guys with great college stats have no chance. Its easy to to criticize without actually watching the games and finding the players. In this case you have two 6-8 guys with long arms who happen to have NBA skill sets imho. I dont see any post going back years where you identified anything--although you will say you did right:)

Two yeras ago I found Malcolm Brogdon--I even said he was my number 1 choice if the Knicks could acquire a second rounder. I look for 2nd res most of the time thats why its not a perfect science. Everyone knows who the top 10 guys are--thats easy.

You found M.Brogdon?? Lol. How did you find him exactly? He was a high 2nd round pick so it seems like he was already found by NBA teams. mHe isn't even that good anyway. The kid won rookie of the year in a year that the rookies were brutal. You name like 10-15 players every single year that you like in the draft and if one or two of them get drafted you all the sudden found them. Come on man. You still think Billy will be a better player then KP will be??

Knixkik
USA
1/19/2018  2:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Anything past 7 or so Id take Chandler Hutchinson--whether that be pick 9 -15-19 etc... Hes the best player Ive seen this year after guys in the top 7.

He's really good. I would take Bridges from Villanova ahead of him (as i assume he's not in your top 7) but after that i am considering Hutchison or Milton. Both are playmaking wings we are really lacking. Hutchison looks a little like Will Barton the way he plays. A guy who can become a do-it-all 6th man. Milton reminds me so much of Brogdon. Average athlete but great shooting/passing/defense package. Put one of these guys in our rotation over Thomas or Baker and we improve.

BRIGGS
1/19/2018  2:47 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

He's really good. I would take Bridges from Villanova ahead of him (as i assume he's not in your top 7) but after that i am considering Hutchison or Milton. Both are playmaking wings we are really lacking. Hutchison looks a little like Will Barton the way he plays. A guy who can become a do-it-all 6th man. Milton reminds me so much of Brogdon. Average athlete but great shooting/passing/defense package. Put one of these guys in our rotation over Thomas or Baker and we improve.

I think the difference between Hutchinson and Bridges is Hutchinson is a tad taller and get handle the ball like a PG. Shamet is also up there-hes also ha characteristics than Hutchinson but from the pG. Theres some nice choices for pG and role players--guys who can help right away.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
1/19/2018  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2018  3:24 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I think the difference between Hutchinson and Bridges is Hutchinson is a tad taller and get handle the ball like a PG. Shamet is also up there-hes also ha characteristics than Hutchinson but from the pG. Theres some nice choices for pG and role players--guys who can help right away.

I think Hutchison and Bridges are both 6'7 with long arms? Either way, different types of players. Hutchison is a playmaking wing. Bridges is a 3-and-D wing. We could use either type of player. Hutchison would be awesome, I have watched him some and love his skillset. We need playmakers in the worst way. The way T Evans killed us in Memphis the other day, Hutchison of course isn't nearly as good but can bring some of those attributes to the 2nd unit. Shamet is good too, but why mention him over Milton? They went head to head and Milton seems to be on another level.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/24/2018  1:44 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755370-2018-nba-draft-boise-states-chandler-hutchison-could-be-this-years-kyle-kuzma?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba

NBA draft steals like Kyle Kuzma (picked 27th in 2017) create motivation to identify the next one. And more scouts could be looking in the Mountain West, where Boise State's Chandler Hutchison continues to draw attention.

Multiple scouts have been hesitant to even comment on the senior wing because of his sleeper status. Many are also still processing this run that he's on, which has seen Hutchison average 24.4 points per game since Dec. 1, record a triple-double against Portland, go for 32 points in a win over UNLV and explode for 44 points in a victory against San Diego State.

Hutchison also has a 34-point game on his resume against Kuzma from last year's upset NIT tournament win over Utah, which helped further fuel breakout-senior predictions.

The 44-point effort last week is still what could wind up being the needle-mover. He drained seven threes, a potential indicator that he's turning the corner as a shooter after entering the 2017-18 season viewed as a fringe prospect, mostly because of concerns over his jumper.

"All of the evaluations were very encouraging," Hutchison said last May when he tested the NBA draft waters before eventually withdrawing, per B.J. Rains of the Idaho Press-Tribune. "I'll continue to work on extending my shooting range and adding strength while keeping my mobility."

Otto Kitsinger/Associated Press
Through 19 games, Hutchison is registering career-high shooting numbers: 1.4 three-point makes per game, 38.2 percent from deep and 71.1 percent from the line. And though the stats aren't overwhelmingly convincing, particularly for a 21-year-old, he wouldn't be the first to bloom late as a shooter.

At Utah, Kuzma never averaged more than 0.9 three-pointers per game or shot better than 66.9 percent from the line—likely reasons why teams passed 26 times on one of 2017's biggest steals in the draft. He's already made 90 triples with the Los Angeles Lakers, 39 more than he hit during his three-year college career.

Given Hutchison's age, his limited experience against quality opponents and his questionable shooting credibility, his draft ceiling only goes so high. Even after this breakout year, the mid-first round sounds like a best-case outcome.

Could Hutchison be 2018's Kuzma for a non-lottery team?

Key Synergy Sports Numbers

Along with his improved shooting, he continues to establish himself as one of the nation's better slashers. And at 6'7" with impressive agility and the athleticism to soar above the rim, his attacking ability has stood out under the scouting lens.

Difficult to stop when driving downhill, Hutchison also demonstrates advanced footwork off the dribble with stutter and Eurosteps to avoid and freeze defenders. He has terrific body control on the move when getting into his layups and finishes, which he can convert using either hand (60.9 percent FG around the basket).

Isolation drives to the basket left (non-jumpers): 1.118 PPP, 88th percentile (excellent)

Pick-and-roll drives to the basket: 1.321 PPP, 87th percentile (excellent)

Transition ball-handler: 1.088 PPP, 74th percentile (very good)

Spot-up drives to basket: 1.179 PPP, 65th percentile (very good)

Hutchison has also been notably more efficient working out of isolation this season. On tape, it appears some of his improvement can be traced (again) to his footwork. He's using it to create separation, both off his first step and his last step before rising into his shot.

2016-17 Isolation: .778 PPP, 40.6 percent FG (average)

2017-18 Isolation: 1.00 PPP, 57.9 percent FG (very good)

On the weakness side of his scouting report, Hutchison struggles to convert when defenses force him to pull up early.

He's just 6-of-25 on runners and 8-of-36 on total jump shots off the dribble.

And despite his success scoring off ball screens, his pick-and-roll passing numbers have been below-average (.828 PPP).

Steal Candidate

Hutchison will be valued for his scoring, but he's checking other boxes this year as well. One scout mentioned he originally thought Hutchison may be best used as a point wing or guard. He has finished with at least five assists in five games in 2017-18.

He's the only player in the country averaging 19 points, eight rebounds and three assists per game this season, per Sports Reference. And since 1992-93, just 14 others have matched those numbers. In that group, 11 have spent time in the NBA: Ben Simmons, Tim Duncan, Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway, Jamal Mashburn, David West, Evan Turner, Jared Dudley, Reggie Williams, Adrian Griffin, Ryan Gomes and Mike Smith.

It's getting easier to buy Hutchinson as an NBA player, and the idea of gambling on his floater and jump-shot development is becoming more tempting.

But he may never receive serious consideration from lottery teams looking at the one-and-done freshmen with higher perceived upside. Early predictions still point to the No. 20-50 range for Hutchison, who'll be on steal watch that late.

BRIGGS
1/24/2018  2:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2018  2:08 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755370-2018-nba-draft-boise-states-chandler-hutchison-could-be-this-years-kyle-kuzma?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba

NBA draft steals like Kyle Kuzma (picked 27th in 2017) create motivation to identify the next one. And more scouts could be looking in the Mountain West, where Boise State's Chandler Hutchison continues to draw attention.

Multiple scouts have been hesitant to even comment on the senior wing because of his sleeper status. Many are also still processing this run that he's on, which has seen Hutchison average 24.4 points per game since Dec. 1, record a triple-double against Portland, go for 32 points in a win over UNLV and explode for 44 points in a victory against San Diego State.

Hutchison also has a 34-point game on his resume against Kuzma from last year's upset NIT tournament win over Utah, which helped further fuel breakout-senior predictions.

The 44-point effort last week is still what could wind up being the needle-mover. He drained seven threes, a potential indicator that he's turning the corner as a shooter after entering the 2017-18 season viewed as a fringe prospect, mostly because of concerns over his jumper.

"All of the evaluations were very encouraging," Hutchison said last May when he tested the NBA draft waters before eventually withdrawing, per B.J. Rains of the Idaho Press-Tribune. "I'll continue to work on extending my shooting range and adding strength while keeping my mobility."

Through 19 games, Hutchison is registering career-high shooting numbers: 1.4 three-point makes per game, 38.2 percent from deep and 71.1 percent from the line. And though the stats aren't overwhelmingly convincing, particularly for a 21-year-old, he wouldn't be the first to bloom late as a shooter.

At Utah, Kuzma never averaged more than 0.9 three-pointers per game or shot better than 66.9 percent from the line—likely reasons why teams passed 26 times on one of 2017's biggest steals in the draft. He's already made 90 triples with the Los Angeles Lakers, 39 more than he hit during his three-year college career.

Given Hutchison's age, his limited experience against quality opponents and his questionable shooting credibility, his draft ceiling only goes so high. Even after this breakout year, the mid-first round sounds like a best-case outcome.

Along with his improved shooting, he continues to establish himself as one of the nation's better slashers. And at 6'7" with impressive agility and the athleticism to soar above the rim, his attacking ability has stood out under the scouting lens.

Difficult to stop when driving downhill, Hutchison also demonstrates advanced footwork off the dribble with stutter and Eurosteps to avoid and freeze defenders. He has terrific body control on the move when getting into his layups and finishes, which he can convert using either hand (60.9 percent FG around the basket).

Isolation drives to the basket left (non-jumpers): 1.118 PPP, 88th percentile (excellent)

Hutchison has also been notably more efficient working out of isolation this season. On tape, it appears some of his improvement can be traced (again) to his footwork. He's using it to create separation, both off his first step and his last step before rising into his shot.

On the weakness side of his scouting report, Hutchison struggles to convert when defenses force him to pull up early.

And despite his success scoring off ball screens, his pick-and-roll passing numbers have been below-average (.828 PPP).

Steal Candidate

Hutchison will be valued for his scoring, but he's checking other boxes this year as well. One scout mentioned he originally thought Hutchison may be best used as a point wing or guard. He has finished with at least five assists in five games in 2017-18.

He's the only player in the country averaging 19 points, eight rebounds and three assists per game this season, per Sports Reference. And since 1992-93, just 14 others have matched those numbers. In that group, 11 have spent time in the NBA: Ben Simmons, Tim Duncan, Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway, Jamal Mashburn, David West, Evan Turner, Jared Dudley, Reggie Williams, Adrian Griffin, Ryan Gomes and Mike Smith.

It's getting easier to buy Hutchinson as an NBA player, and the idea of gambling on his floater and jump-shot development is becoming more tempting.

But he may never receive serious consideration from lottery teams looking at the one-and-done freshmen with higher perceived upside. Early predictions still point to the No. 20-50 range for Hutchison, who'll be on steal watch that late.

I was watching UNLV and I noticed him. Its hARD to find a guard who is nearly 6-8 but handles like a PG. he has all the skills and plus athletiscm/long arms

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
1/24/2018  3:15 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755370-2018-nba-draft-boise-states-chandler-hutchison-could-be-this-years-kyle-kuzma?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba

Steal Candidate

I was watching UNLV and I noticed him. Its hARD to find a guard who is nearly 6-8 but handles like a PG. he has all the skills and plus athletiscm/long arms

Sign me up! I have been very interested in him. He fills a major need here of improving our athleticism and playmaking from the wing and i believe can be an immediate contributor off the bench. Having good size for both wing positions is very useful for us.

BRIGGS
1/24/2018  5:54 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Steal Candidate

Sign me up! I have been very interested in him. He fills a major need here of improving our athleticism and playmaking from the wing and i believe can be an immediate contributor off the bench. Having good size for both wing positions is very useful for us.

He can play 1-2-3-4 that position less skill set

RIP Crushalot😞
Two guys you watch this draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy