[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: New York Knicks vs. New Orleans Pelicans
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

1/14/2018  7:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2018  7:09 PM
Nix,The way I see it when KP went down with some injuries and the team began going Beasley centric the entire dynamic changed.

We started off the season where the only ISO player was KP but now we have like three ISO guys in KP, Kanter, Beasley. CLee even starts to look much more for his own shot.

There's clearly a lack of point guard and a leader.

KP at 22 is not a leader. He doesn't talk to the team get them to run things the right way. Usually your best player does that but KP isnt a leader right now.

There are positives in how things are unfolding ... but I think we can be much better on offense if we used KP at 5 than 4. The floor spacing sucks with Kanter and KP. I like KP starting at 4 but the 5 needs to be a passer and outside shooter like OQuinn. Been saying this from the RoLo era. We will always suck on offense until we get better spacing from our bigs 48 minutes through a game.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/14/2018  7:24 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Nix,The way I see it when KP went down with some injuries and the team began going Beasley centric the entire dynamic changed.

We started off the season where the only ISO player was KP but now we have like three ISO guys in KP, Kanter, Beasley. CLee even starts to look much more for his own shot.

There's clearly a lack of point guard and a leader.

KP at 22 is not a leader. He doesn't talk to the team get them to run things the right way. Usually your best player does that but KP isnt a leader right now.

There are positives in how things are unfolding ... but I think we can be much better on offense if we used KP at 5 than 4. The floor spacing sucks with Kanter and KP. I like KP starting at 4 but the 5 needs to be a passer and outside shooter like OQuinn. Been saying this from the RoLo era. We will always suck on offense until we get better spacing from our bigs 48 minutes through a game.

Good Points. I often wonder why Jeff can't try going Small and playing 4 Out as a change of pace. He just keeps running the same stuff even after teams adjust and take it away. There's no awareness of the defensive adjustments teams make.

Jeff has enough talent to win so I can't make excuses at this point. this team is blowing games they should win with SIMPLE EXECUTION. Jeff's stuff is not aggressive enough. It's TOO SLOW AND TOO PREDICTABLE. Also too often the play starts too far out away from the basket.

He could make the game easier for Frank with some open lanes rather than having Post Players in the way all the time. People don't realize that Frank does those dump offs cuz our bigs are not away from the basket enough to have an open lane to the hoop. Jack has to pull up for Midranges for the same reason.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/14/2018  11:10 PM
When Frank and the Beas took turns turning over the ball for points and JH did nothing to stop it it became clear we are tanking.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/14/2018  11:12 PM
Refs got the memo too, 10-15 fouls in the 4th? Didn’t check pretty corny stuff.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/14/2018  11:26 PM
nixluva wrote:It's not about SELLING right now. They're gonna make deals based on simple logic. They have to make a trade. The issue with the losing is FIXABLE. They're just not getting good Coaching IMO. There's a LOT of poor decisions being made in the way Jeff has them playing right now.

Calling for plays where they're staring way out away from the basket in slow motion. Stop with those meaningless Weaves behind the 3pt line. No real deception in the offense and no intelligence to the offense IMO.

If Frank doesn't pass the ball as he crosses the half court line, that is where every play starts when he is the ball handler. Is that on Jeff? When he was successful as a coach he had guards that pushed the pace and put pressure on the defense. Jack at this point is having to play too many minutes because there isn't a competent back up. Jack would be best served playing 25 minutes a night. Not sure what Jeff should do. He has to try and develop Frank while trying to win.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/14/2018  11:30 PM
nixluva wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:We must may have to accept Phil Jackson and the Triangle were far from the causes of the problems.
The offense a year later has the same problems and this without a Melo like ball stopper.
KP didn't hold the ball too long in this one at all.
Kanter and KP have zero chemistry
Look at how DeMarcus and AD play. They can play off one another.

When you have one big a shooter and pure scorer like KP you can't have the other big also the same.
Noah is a better compliment to KP than Kanter in skill.
So is OQuinn.
Even Beasley.

KP/Kanter is our fourth best lineup IMO

But all good all for the tank.
Just don't re-sign Kanter at max money.

Next year we need a better point guard.
To not have KP play with a big Center, rather a stretch big like OQuinn or a quick 4 like Beasley.
Get more talent off the bench.

We will be a playoff team.

What bothers me is the way they are utilizing KP and the other scorers. There is never any Early Offense. He's abandoned any aggressive Attack Early in the shot clock to loosen up the D and get them chasing. His plays are too predictable and he's not showing awareness of players strengths or weaknesses.

How can you explain running the exact same out of bound play or all the times they run something with KP having to dribble his way to the basket from 25 feet away? All those damned WEAVES that teams are disrupting. There is no change up in how they attack it's the same stuff and teams take that away. How about running some Early 4 Out Spread PnR just to give teams a different look?

Remember those KP and THJ PnR's that gave teams trouble? Where is that stuff?

Not much positive point guard play. Can't imagine where the Knicks would be without Jack. Missed opportunities for the present. Hopefully Frank finds his way.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
MS
Member: #724
1/15/2018  10:26 AM
Execution with this team is so sloppy. Lazy passes, overplaying defensively, rushed shots.

Coaching needs to be better. Noah needed so
E minutes. Kanter was giving cousins to much space all night. All that guy does is run into players and use his forearm to draw fouls. Noah would have frustrated him.

He needs to be better with his matchups.

Gamethread: New York Knicks vs. New Orleans Pelicans

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy