Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

1/14/2018  6:15 PM
Sell! Sell! Sell!
WP76
Member: #4508

1/14/2018  6:16 PM
I realize we're only a handful of games out of the 8th spot but this team has "Tin Man Disease"--no heart whatsoever.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/14/2018  6:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:do you notice how breen has so much praise for davis....this kid is unbelievable etc etc.
breen bitch doesn't have those words when any of our guys score 35-40 points

he has 45, and hit the tying shot..what is he suppose to say?

the question is...have you ever seen him say that about KP or THJr when they make the winning shot and score 35-40 points. i am not mad that he says that about some other player but the fact that he says that ONLY about other team's players.
for him, the grass is always greener on the other side

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

1/14/2018  6:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Crap, Hardaway limping.

i sure hope he's ok...seemed to be not bad considering he was walking off on his own.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
ScoreBot
1/14/2018  6:18 PM
FINAL
NYK 118 NOP 123
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/14/2018  6:18 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

i sure hope he's ok...seemed to be not bad considering he was walking off on his own.

Hope so, we need him for a playoff push.

Cartman718

1/14/2018  6:19 PM
WP76 wrote:I realize we're only a handful of games out of the 8th spot but this team has "Tin Man Disease"--no heart whatsoever.

we need speed throughout the game and that's the responsibility of the PG...neither one of our PGs has that, but at least one can make shots and one can defend, now if only there was a way to merge them.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/14/2018  6:20 PM
It's not about SELLING right now. They're gonna make deals based on simple logic. They have to make a trade. The issue with the losing is FIXABLE. They're just not getting good Coaching IMO. There's a LOT of poor decisions being made in the way Jeff has them playing right now.

Calling for plays where they're staring way out away from the basket in slow motion. Stop with those meaningless Weaves behind the 3pt line. No real deception in the offense and no intelligence to the offense IMO.

GustavBahler

1/14/2018  6:21 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
WP76 wrote:I realize we're only a handful of games out of the 8th spot but this team has "Tin Man Disease"--no heart whatsoever.

we need speed throughout the game and that's the responsibility of the PG...neither one of our PGs has that, but at least one can make shots and one can defend, now if only there was a way to merge them.

Jacques...

Cartman718

1/14/2018  6:21 PM
nixluva wrote:It's not about SELLING right now. They're gonna make deals based on simple logic. They have to make a trade. The issue with the losing is FIXABLE. They're just not getting good Coaching IMO. There's a LOT of poor decisions being made in the way Jeff has them playing right now.

Calling for plays where they're staring way out away from the basket in slow motion. Stop with those meaningless Weaves behind the 3pt line. No real deception in the offense and no intelligence to the offense IMO.

the tank is ON!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/14/2018  6:24 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler

1/14/2018  6:26 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Knew that was coming, lol. Still half a season to go. Never know what will happen, trades, rotation starts to click, not over yet.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
1/14/2018  6:28 PM
nixluva
USA
1/14/2018  6:29 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:It's not about SELLING right now. They're gonna make deals based on simple logic. They have to make a trade. The issue with the losing is FIXABLE. They're just not getting good Coaching IMO. There's a LOT of poor decisions being made in the way Jeff has them playing right now.

the tank is ON!

You can stop trying to bait me with stupid posts.

The truth is that the Knicks are not being outclassed they're no longer playing consistently good ball. That 4th qtr and OT was bad basketball. Since they obviously have periods of good ball then I have to blame the coach cuz this team can't sustain quality. He's not putting them in the best positions to score.

The offense is AGAIN too predictable and this time no one can blame it on the Triangle. This is just Jeff coaching completely different than he did before he got here.

Part of it is the players he has but a LOT of it is the play calling. They have completely abandoned any 4 Out looks this year. No Early Spread PnR like he used to do. There's very little quick offense. They're too slow to get into anything.

nixluva
USA
1/14/2018  6:31 PM
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

the tank is ON!

You can stop trying to bait me with stupid posts.

The truth is that the Knicks are not being outclassed they're no longer playing consistently good ball. That 4th qtr and OT was bad basketball. Since they obviously have periods of good ball then I have to blame the coach cuz this team can't sustain quality. He's not putting them in the best positions to score.

The offense is AGAIN too predictable and this time no one can blame it on the Triangle. This is just Jeff coaching completely different than he did before he got here.

Part of it is the players he has but a LOT of it is the play calling. They have completely abandoned any 4 Out looks this year. No Early Spread PnR like he used to do. There's very little quick offense. They're too slow to get into anything.

I forgot to mention all the extra ISO offense. His rotations need to be improved as well. IMO Jeff has enough talent to be winning games if he had them playing a better style of offense.

SRacide
Member: #7604

1/14/2018  6:38 PM
we have managed to lose it was not easy but we arrived there
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/14/2018  6:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2018  6:45 PM
We must may have to accept Phil Jackson and the Triangle were far from the causes of the problems.
The offense a year later has the same problems and this without a Melo like ball stopper.
KP didn't hold the ball too long in this one at all.
Kanter and KP have zero chemistry
Look at how DeMarcus and AD play. They can play off one another.

When you have one big a shooter and pure scorer like KP you can't have the other big also the same.
Noah is a better compliment to KP than Kanter in skill.
So is OQuinn.
Even Beasley.

KP/Kanter is our fourth best lineup IMO

But all good all for the tank.
Just don't re-sign Kanter at max money.

Next year we need a better point guard.
To not have KP play with a big Center, rather a stretch big like OQuinn or a quick 4 like Beasley.
Get more talent off the bench.

We will be a playoff team.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
1/14/2018  6:56 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:We must may have to accept Phil Jackson and the Triangle were far from the causes of the problems.
The offense a year later has the same problems and this without a Melo like ball stopper.

When you have one big a shooter and pure scorer like KP you can't have the other big also the same.
So is OQuinn.
Even Beasley.

To not have KP play with a big Center, rather a stretch big like OQuinn or a quick 4 like Beasley.

I agree with some of this, but Cousins and AD do not play off each other at all.
nixluva
USA
1/14/2018  7:00 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:We must may have to accept Phil Jackson and the Triangle were far from the causes of the problems.

So is OQuinn.
Even Beasley.

What bothers me is the way they are utilizing KP and the other scorers. There is never any Early Offense. He's abandoned any aggressive Attack Early in the shot clock to loosen up the D and get them chasing. His plays are too predictable and he's not showing awareness of players strengths or weaknesses.

How can you explain running the exact same out of bound play or all the times they run something with KP having to dribble his way to the basket from 25 feet away? All those damned WEAVES that teams are disrupting. There is no change up in how they attack it's the same stuff and teams take that away. How about running some Early 4 Out Spread PnR just to give teams a different look?

Remember those KP and THJ PnR's that gave teams trouble? Where is that stuff?

Gamethread: New York Knicks vs. New Orleans Pelicans

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy