[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: @TWolves
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/13/2018  11:48 AM
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:Frank are you braindead? Jesus Christ you suck.

It's almost like he's a rookie and rookies make mistakes!

Oh spare me the “he is a rookie” outcry. If you play like a G leaguer you will get called out for it, especially in the heat of a game. Anything else is intellectual and emotional dishonesty

The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/13/2018  12:37 PM
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Oh spare me the “he is a rookie” outcry. If you play like a G leaguer you will get called out for it, especially in the heat of a game. Anything else is intellectual and emotional dishonesty

Not really- why would you pretend that you don't understand basic things like context? Would you like to play for a fan like you?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/13/2018  12:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Jack and LT playing starter minutes.

Frank playing less minutes; Willy playing 0 minutes.

I'm okay with losing, just not with vets.

These kids need to play in order to learn and grow. That's what a rebuild is supposed to be.

I disagree. Frank has been making it hard for the team to be competitive when he has been on the court recently. Willy has not earned minutes. Do you want the coach to emphasize defense and effort and earning minutes? Dotson is playing for the W's tonight.

The disconcerting thing are the moments when Frank has a look, has the best shot available with the shot clock running out. And we get those "one Mississippi, two Mississippi" moments, where Frank does not want to take the shot.

I know some posters dont want to hear this, but the longer this goes on, the more likely it will not change enough to make Frank more than a bench player.

the hope is that he makes the jump in his 2nd season instead of sophomore slump

Understand that. Would like to see Frank finish the second half of the season noticeably more aggressive than the first half. Frank has been encouraged by his teammates and coaches to look for his shot more. Dont care if he misses most of them, as long as he stops hesitating.

Apparently Frank said that going against DSJ gave him new found confidence. Then we get two games where he is nowhere to be found.

Games that stand out where he played well all had match ups against his peers in the draft or the Lebron game. Lonzo, DSJ, LBJ, games were all games where he played some of his best basketball of the season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/13/2018  1:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2018  1:07 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Our pg situation is being EXPOSED, KP has been EXPOSED, and teams are eating it up

SHUT UP

oops, im sorry, can't handle the truth, or are you part of MSG Brass that suggest you shouldn't say anything negative about the team, or maybe your your just elated with our pg situation.

The Non athletic, mid range shooting, never getting to the line, cant shoot 3's, can't defend the 3, can't create off the dribble, can't run..Shht is embarrassing at times.

Just noticed Melo Should Go and MSG. Don't sweat him, he was part of the rabid anti melo contingent and the pro Phil club. KP AND Frank will eventually be fine but it hurts when Phil's guys struggle so much.

Wow finally someone noticed the obvious acronym and it's one of the smartest people on the board!! How you been HeiHei? Ask yourself and your Phil hating Melissa fan club how you handled Phil speaking the truth about Melo????? I just told the idiot to shut the fukk up, but I am not going to troll him here on the forum for the next forty years.

Lol, u mad bro? Who is Melissa? What's a hei hei, is that Chinese?
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/13/2018  1:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

These kids need to play in order to learn and grow. That's what a rebuild is supposed to be.

I disagree. Frank has been making it hard for the team to be competitive when he has been on the court recently. Willy has not earned minutes. Do you want the coach to emphasize defense and effort and earning minutes? Dotson is playing for the W's tonight.

The disconcerting thing are the moments when Frank has a look, has the best shot available with the shot clock running out. And we get those "one Mississippi, two Mississippi" moments, where Frank does not want to take the shot.

I know some posters dont want to hear this, but the longer this goes on, the more likely it will not change enough to make Frank more than a bench player.

the hope is that he makes the jump in his 2nd season instead of sophomore slump

Understand that. Would like to see Frank finish the second half of the season noticeably more aggressive than the first half. Frank has been encouraged by his teammates and coaches to look for his shot more. Dont care if he misses most of them, as long as he stops hesitating.

Apparently Frank said that going against DSJ gave him new found confidence. Then we get two games where he is nowhere to be found.

Games that stand out where he played well all had match ups against his peers in the draft or the Lebron game. Lonzo, DSJ, LBJ, games were all games where he played some of his best basketball of the season.

I noticed that also. I would add he has seemed to do well whenever there is a marquee point guard on the opposing team. I’d like for him to turn it up every game but him playing his best against better competition is a good sigh I think.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/13/2018  1:35 PM
Hardaway was +11 too by the way. Very good signs. I think we have a real shot at turning this thing around. Gotta get back to beating the sub .500 teams this coming week.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/13/2018  7:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Not really- why would you pretend that you don't understand basic things like context? Would you like to play for a fan like you?

I get that he is a rookie, but that doesn't mean that you deny the truth of his current performance. When Frank or any player for that matter messes up during a game its only natural for a fan to react in disgust especially since the fan is in an emotional state. It doesn't mean that I think that Frank isn't going to improve or he is going to remain in his sucky state.

The Future is Bright!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/15/2018  12:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

So what is fair length of time to give a player, given age and background?

Per 36 minutes, at age 19, Frank taking about 10 shots per game. Second year player Gary Payton at age 23 only took 10 shots per game.

Is Frank sealed into a bench role 4 months into his career or do we start to worry a year from now? Or maybe even 2?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GameThread: @TWolves

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy