[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kemba Walker on the block? Maybe Kidd-gilcrest and Batum
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

1/21/2018  8:25 PM
fwk00 wrote:If we can unload both Noah and Porzingis, we have a chance at a rebuild.

I can't stand how badly nuMelo plays. All-Star my ass.

Early nomination for the dumbest post of 2018.
AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Member: #1406

1/21/2018  9:01 PM
Knixkik wrote:How about we just trade expirings for MKG? He's a great defensive player and can replace Thomas in the rotation.

What expirings?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/21/2018  9:40 PM
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:How about we just trade expirings for MKG? He's a great defensive player and can replace Thomas in the rotation.

What expirings?

KOQ who will opt out, McDermott who's a RFA, and Jack?

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/22/2018  8:00 PM
I wonder how much Michael Jordan values retooling around Kemba Walker. As a small-market team, I'd imagine very much so since he is the only draw for that team. And given the respective payrolls of both teams, we could exchange enough contracts to save them a prorated eight figure amount this season and give them enough cap flexibility to either retool around Walker via trade or get below the cap while remaining as competitive in the interim.

If we'd be willing to offer them that, would they give up their pick in exchange? And if they were, should we be willing to completely screw our books for a high-end lottery pick?

VCoug
Member: #1406

1/22/2018  8:05 PM
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:

What expirings?

KOQ who will opt out, McDermott who's a RFA, and Jack?

Huh, I didn't think those guys contracts would be able to match up with MKG but looks like I was wrong.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/22/2018  8:09 PM
NardDogNation wrote:I wonder how much Michael Jordan values retooling around Kemba Walker. As a small-market team, I'd imagine very much so since he is the only draw for that team. And given the respective payrolls of both teams, we could exchange enough contracts to save them a prorated eight figure amount this season and give them enough cap flexibility to either retool around Walker via trade or get below the cap while remaining as competitive in the interim.

If we'd be willing to offer them that, would they give up their pick in exchange? And if they were, should we be willing to completely screw our books for a high-end lottery pick?

If he's on the market obviously Jordan is not trying to retool around him. Not getting your point.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/22/2018  8:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2018  9:18 PM
Welpee wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I wonder how much Michael Jordan values retooling around Kemba Walker. As a small-market team, I'd imagine very much so since he is the only draw for that team. And given the respective payrolls of both teams, we could exchange enough contracts to save them a prorated eight figure amount this season and give them enough cap flexibility to either retool around Walker via trade or get below the cap while remaining as competitive in the interim.

If he's on the market obviously Jordan is not trying to retool around him. Not getting your point.

Walker is on the market because the Hornets are a lottery team that has no real tools to improve. But if you can help them drastically reduce their payroll and replace bad contracts with not-so-bad contracts/productive players (e.g. Dwight Howard for Kyle O'Quinn at a quarter of the price), you'd have a pathway to retool around Walker via trades and free agent signings. You would just have to do it on a grand enough-scale to accomodate the disparity between our incoming salary. I'd have to imagine that changes the calculus about their decision to keep Walker on the block, if they are able to save an 8-figure amount immediately and get short-termed deals in return.

Kemba Walker on the block? Maybe Kidd-gilcrest and Batum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy