GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/19/2018  10:20 PM
VCoug wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Getting Walker does not make us contenders. Its a starphuch move. And he is not even that big of a star.

This rebuild needs patience. Yes, the losing sucks right now, I am frustrated by it too. I am not givign up on a 19 year old with a ton of promise for Kemba Walker. No Way!

I would explore other ways to get him. I am not saying NO to Kemba just NO to including Frank in any deal unless its a top game changer type of PG.

Its a starphuch move if you are stupid enough to believe that it makes us instant contenders. It doesn't, but it moves us a hell of a lot closer. Walker doesnt have to be a superstar to be a good fit. He is more than enough of a threat offensively to make everyone else's job easier.

Have you read some of the posts here? YEs, some believe that Kemba can take us there.

He helps for sure offensively. That upgrade would be enough to get NY into the playoffs. Work out a deal without Frank, Hardaway or KP and I am on board most likely.

I believe Frank has all the skills he needs to be an All-Star. The longer he is unwilling to assert himself on offense, the more I would like to see the Knicks explore all their options. Some players just arent wired to do more than defer.

Its not just Walker's ability to get buckets. Its the space he creates for KP,Kanter. Kanter doesn't have to put up monster numbers every night, if the PG is scoring around 20 a night. KP gets more open looks for 3, and alley oops. I get the reluctance to trade such a promising player. If the offense was on par with the D. If the alternative wasnt in their prime. Someone who can score and dish,I would get the skepticism.

Any trade for Walker is going to have to include Kanter because Charlotte wants to dump salary and he's the only big contract we have that will save them money.

They want to dump salary, and acquire first round talent. The offers they receive might make them have to choose between one or the other.

AUTOADVERT
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
1/19/2018  10:22 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Getting Walker does not make us contenders. Its a starphuch move. And he is not even that big of a star.

This rebuild needs patience. Yes, the losing sucks right now, I am frustrated by it too. I am not givign up on a 19 year old with a ton of promise for Kemba Walker. No Way!

I would explore other ways to get him. I am not saying NO to Kemba just NO to including Frank in any deal unless its a top game changer type of PG.

Its a starphuch move if you are stupid enough to believe that it makes us instant contenders. It doesn't, but it moves us a hell of a lot closer. Walker doesnt have to be a superstar to be a good fit. He is more than enough of a threat offensively to make everyone else's job easier.

Have you read some of the posts here? YEs, some believe that Kemba can take us there.

He helps for sure offensively. That upgrade would be enough to get NY into the playoffs. Work out a deal without Frank, Hardaway or KP and I am on board most likely.

I believe Frank has all the skills he needs to be an All-Star. The longer he is unwilling to assert himself on offense, the more I would like to see the Knicks explore all their options. Some players just arent wired to do more than defer.

Its not just Walker's ability to get buckets. Its the space he creates for KP,Kanter. Kanter doesn't have to put up monster numbers every night, if the PG is scoring around 20 a night. KP gets more open looks for 3, and alley oops. I get the reluctance to trade such a promising player. If the offense was on par with the D. If the alternative wasnt in their prime. Someone who can score and dish,I would get the skepticism.

And I get your points. Fair enough.

Frank is 19. HE is a game changer on D already. His O will come. Yes he defers but He is 19. I am hopeful he will get it. As you say the skill is there. I am for Kemba for the reasons you stated but Frank is too much for a 28 year old, smallish, speed type of PG whose contract expires. Just my opinion.

Good chat.

Gudris
Member: #6213

1/20/2018  7:29 AM
we are not going to be a contender for at least 3 years, so why all this rush?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/20/2018  8:01 AM
Gudris wrote:we are not going to be a contender for at least 3 years, so why all this rush?

While I hope your right there is zero guarantee of that. If a deal is out there that makes sense where we get better we should do it. All I know is if any deal is made for picks there better be at least top 8 protection

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
1/20/2018  10:53 AM
Frank was awful last night. The moment he entered the game both times, the lead disappeared. That being said, he needs this off-season to work with the coaches and his body. I am sure they are pointing out to him on film where he needs to be more assertive. He just doesn't have the chutzpah, speed or power to do it yet.

He will but I can see your frustrations.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/20/2018  11:49 AM
Porzingis and Noah for Walker, Zeller, and the Charlotte #1 pick works for me
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/20/2018  12:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2018  12:03 PM
fwk00 wrote:Porzingis and Noah for Walker, Zeller, and the Charlotte #1 pick works for me

Charlotte is motivated by money and draft picks...

The Knicks are motivated to help KP win. I would hate to lose Kanter. He had my respect but I'm a Knicks fan. I also want the young kid to succeed, but I want my team to succeed more that just one rookie.

We lose Kanter, we still have 3 starting centers. Noah showed he's healthy. Everyone wats Willy to play and KOQ is playing his best ball. We are more than good at center.

We trade Kanter and Frank plus fillers. No picks from us. We take Batums horrible contract and Kemba plus a filler. That's the deal we make.

We got Kemba and Burke at point with Baker if we keep him.

Batum is the 6'8 defender that can shoot enough to be honest. He can handle the ball and facilitate.

THJr is a legit scorer. We got KP asnd Kemba as a big 3.... with Beasley and Lee on the side

What the ****? We should all be praying for this!

That roster can beat Boston. We could possibly beat Cleveland too. It gives us a shot to bang toe to toe with them

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
VCoug
Member: #1406

1/20/2018  12:42 PM
EnySpree wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Porzingis and Noah for Walker, Zeller, and the Charlotte #1 pick works for me

The Knicks are motivated to help KP win. I would hate to lose Kanter. He had my respect but I'm a Knicks fan. I also want the young kid to succeed, but I want my team to succeed more that just one rookie.

We lose Kanter, we still have 3 starting centers. Noah showed he's healthy. Everyone wats Willy to play and KOQ is playing his best ball. We are more than good at center.

We trade Kanter and Frank plus fillers. No picks from us. We take Batums horrible contract and Kemba plus a filler. That's the deal we make.

Batum is the 6'8 defender that can shoot enough to be honest. He can handle the ball and facilitate.

THJr is a legit scorer. We got KP asnd Kemba as a big 3.... with Beasley and Lee on the side

That roster can beat Boston. We could possibly beat Cleveland too. It gives us a shot to bang toe to toe with them

You might want to reread fwk00's trade proposal.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
EnySpree

1/20/2018  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2018  12:51 PM
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Why? You might want to re read the first line of the reply. Then read what I said. And contribute

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
1/20/2018  1:37 PM

You spelled Kanter wrong...

VCoug
Member: #1406

1/20/2018  3:13 PM
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Why? You might want to re read the first line of the reply. Then read what I said. And contribute

He's talking about trading Porzingis, not Kanter.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
EnySpree

1/20/2018  7:45 PM
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

He's talking about trading Porzingis, not Kanter.

Hrs talking about a stupid trade actually... I ignored it politely and started dropping that beautiful literature for that ass

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/21/2018  7:59 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:

You spelled Kanter wrong...

Horrible trade man. How can people even suggest dumb **** like that?
dwiley20
Member: #5755

1/21/2018  8:50 AM
Lee, Oquinn, and bulls 2nd rounder for Walker
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/21/2018  9:55 AM
Lotsa ifs here and IF you’ve Batum ($24Mm)with KP soon to earn his (Walker a bargain at $12 for now) and Tim ($17-18mm) not to nention Noah, the numbers simply may not work.
That aside

Kemba
Hardaway Jr
KP
Batum Sf

Is probably the best offensive lineup we’ve had in years. You mention Batum defense. When and if healthy he’s a 29 year old solid scorer and solid 3. Yet, the weakness is apparent. With Kanter gone and probably KOQ, it’s up to Wily and Noah. Both in my opinion can board but Wily like Kanter plays poorly on defense. Noah probably can’t play 35 m per game. Thus the key to the Knicks future will be to secure a five. (I’ve said it for six months). Say a prime time Noah with a little more athleticism offensively. If we can somehow manage a top 10 pick perhaps there’s one in the draft BUT since we abandoned the rebuild with Kemba and Batum, we need a Bona fide 5 who can run, board and play defense. An athlete. Otherwise Horford ans Embiid and a dozen other centers will eat ya alive and we will be the ones giving up 110 ppg

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/21/2018  12:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2018  12:12 PM
Are we seriously deliberating about punting on a future to acquire a 28 year old barely 6"0' PG and the mountain of bad money that will accompany him in either Batum, Howard or MKG?

The Hornets are barely a playoff team with him healthy, what makes you think he'll positively change our fortunes so drastically?

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/21/2018  3:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2018  3:44 PM
All this talk of people wanting to trade Frank and Billy and other young players along with 1st and 2nd round picks for Kemba or paying I.Thomas a bunch of money and years, but if you guys want a PG that can score by shooting and taking it to the basket but isn't one for playing much defense then it would seem to me like we might already have that guy on our roster right now in T.Burke.

If and please note that i said "IF" T.Burke is the guy we just saw in the G-League then can someone please tell me what Kemba or IT does that Burke can't do?? I 100% understand that that was the G-League and 95% of the players down there will never be in the NBA but if this kid has gotten his off the court life on track, which is what's being said about him and if the light has turned on for him and he is the player we saw in the G-League, which is the player everyone thought he was gonna be when he got drafted at #9, then tell me what Kemba can do that Burke can't do? In the very minimal time we've seen him so far he's looked like he just might be able to play the way he played in the G-League.

Why not just let things play out and if Burke keeps playing well he should take that starting spot from JJ and if the kid plays like he was in the G-League and his head is right and is a good locker room guy then we could sign him cheaper then we can sign IT for and we don't have to trade good young players and valuable assets for Kemba.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/21/2018  5:49 PM
If we can unload both Noah and Porzingis, we have a chance at a rebuild.

I can't stand how badly nuMelo plays. All-Star my ass.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/21/2018  6:16 PM
This team sucks on the road time to be honest Scott Perry no adding sell and take what you can
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/21/2018  7:04 PM
How about we just trade expirings for MKG? He's a great defensive player and can replace Thomas in the rotation.
Kemba Walker on the block? Maybe Kidd-gilcrest and Batum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy