[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kemba Walker on the block? Maybe Kidd-gilcrest and Batum
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/19/2018  2:52 PM
how about a three way - courtney lee, our first rounder & second rounder going out, kemba to the Knicks, lee to the third team and picks/ending deals or trade exception to Charlotte.

I like Kemba- liked him when he came out- wished we could have gotten him then.

THjr
Kemba
KP
Kanter
Lance Thomas

that is a nice starting line up.

We've seen great play from this team with an ancient Jack- imagine a real PG like Walker!

We make the play offs this year if we can do a swap like that.

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/19/2018  3:18 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Ok I want to address short run....

How long do any of you expect to be good whenever or however we get it done? We're not going to be good for 10 years straight just by stacking draft picks. That's not a guarantee. Even then most runs only last 3-5 years.

Even the spurs had to revamp and also get very lucky in the draft to maintain their success.

We get Kemba and a another player... all of a sudden we start our 5 year block of being the top dogs in the yard. We can add and subtract as we go along but we would be right on top for 5 years before we have to stay retooling tge starting line up or coaching situation for he next 5 years...

Wtf... I'm down to make it happen if its real. It's not like were trading for guys in their 30s or guys with extensive injury histories. We're taking about guys in their primes.

Thats all good. But what do you think it will take to get Kemba? They want to dump salary so safe to say they wont be taking on anyone making making over 10M next year. Maybe an expiring like KO, Buckets, Kanter? But think they would want a cheap first or second year guy and a draft pick as well. So do you give up Frank, second and say Kanter for him?

Big issue I have is that they guys on the block have not made their current teams any better. Including Kemba.
You look at Batum, he was a high demand FA and yet he has not done much. Grant it he was hurt but why are they willing to give up on him? Maybe they know something we dont about both. Question for me is that if Walker is so good, then why dump him for just an expiring and first year guy?

Do like that he is only 27 and may be on the cusp of elevating his game. Again, dont think I would care either way if we can get a good deal. Think, like KI, they are going to want a lot.

Just because a good player isn't in a winning situation outs not a direct reflection on then. Charlotte has been plagued by injury. Their front office and ownership are singe ****ing regards. They keep getting duplicate players. Like why did the get Dwight Howard? That's just one example. Jordan isn't trying to win. They have to reset cuz they know they ****ed up. They need to get young guys in there to build around the **** they have

The Knicks? They have their foot right at the door of being a playoff team this year, then a top 1-5 team in the league next year. We get Kemba and then get anther starter we do that.

How do we get Kemba? We're not trading with Danny Ainge.... Charlotte might be inclined to help Kemba go to NYC if that's where he wants to go. What's it to Charlotte? they are trying to be terrible. I would trade Frank and not even blink. We could drop a high second rounder on them and some expirings. That's more than enough.

In the off season man listen... free agents are see gong to be looking at the Knicks... we still got our draft picks too... let's ****ing go. All in! The next 5 years we go for the chip. Golden state will be going down. There's no real team challenging Boston... clevland is gonna be out. It's time man

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
1/19/2018  6:15 PM
Remember Frank is 19. Does Kemba play defense? I like Kemba don’t love him - he’s 8 years older than Frank. Sure it’s a tough call as KP and Kemba would get along fine.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/19/2018  6:17 PM
Lets be patient and see how things go this year. I dont see us needing to pay up asset wise for Kemba--theyre going to want a boatload.
RIP Crushalot😞
wargames
Member: #6053

1/19/2018  6:30 PM
franco12 wrote:how about a three way - courtney lee, our first rounder & second rounder going out, kemba to the Knicks, lee to the third team and picks/ending deals or trade exception to Charlotte.

THjr
Kemba
KP
Kanter
Lance Thomas

We've seen great play from this team with an ancient Jack- imagine a real PG like Walker!

This is disgusting. How are ya'll talking about giving up picks? We still haven't even drafted back to back yet. Kemba is a FA in two years and the Knicks can literally go after him in FA if they waive Noah and don't pay Enes.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
wargames
Member: #6053

1/19/2018  6:30 PM
franco12 wrote:how about a three way - courtney lee, our first rounder & second rounder going out, kemba to the Knicks, lee to the third team and picks/ending deals or trade exception to Charlotte.

THjr
Kemba
KP
Kanter
Lance Thomas

This is disgusting. How are ya'll talking about giving up picks? We still haven't even drafted back to back yet. Kemba is a FA in two years and the Knicks can literally go after him in FA if they waive Noah and don't pay Enes.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
EnySpree

1/19/2018  6:42 PM
Paris907 wrote:Remember Frank is 19. Does Kemba play defense? I like Kemba don’t love him - he’s 8 years older than Frank. Sure it’s a tough call as KP and Kemba would get along fine.

I think the "does he play defense" question is over stated. We have good defenders on the squad already. We can't score. We have no penetration from the point guard. We're not shooting enough threes... we need what Kemba brings. I think it's worth Frank.

Keep in mind THJr is 25... shoo were gonna wait til he's 28 to start trying to win? I believe in Frank but yo, when are we gonna start trying to win? It's not a given that we can even get Kemba but if they want what we can give than we gotta do it.

Beas, KP, THJr, Kemba, Lee to finish games let's ****ing go! Kanter, trey Burke, Jack, Baker, Derm lance... **** it we out here... in the off season let's finish the job and get another stud and go for it. 💣💥

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/19/2018  6:58 PM
Let me get this straight
You guys dont want I Thomas for just cash--and hey maybe hes a BIG cash discount. Same guy who put up 30-7 last year and lead Boston to ECF

But we do?? want to pay UP for Kemba who is NOT nearly as good as Thomas and only 1 year younger? K walker is 5-10 at best on top of it. And while Kemba will always be my guy--it isnt for what hes done in the NBA. Hes a good player but hes not I Thomas.

We want to give picks and young players when we can simply watch and be patient? H<<<<<???????????

RIP Crushalot&#128542;
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/19/2018  7:32 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Kemba is not good enough to trade Frank for. Sorry. Frank is 19. He is a great defender. He can shoot, we see it. We see flashes of his talent.

Kemba is a completed project. He is who he is. Good, but not Great and, IMO not good enough to trade the #1 pick for.

SOrry - At this point, I would only trade Frank in a package for Lillard, Wall or Irving.

This is awesome. Reminds me of posters that said they wouldn't trade Frye for KG.

VCoug
Member: #1406

1/19/2018  7:42 PM
This is all moot anyway. Charlotte's using Walker to dump salary, I'm assuming Dwight's or Batum's who are both making $20M+/year, and we don't have any expiring contracts except for a few guys on minimum contracts. We could do something like Kanter, KOQ, McDermott, and Baker for Walker and Batum which would save Charlotte money after next season when Kanter expires but I don't know that I want to take on the $75M due to Batum just for Walker.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
EnySpree

1/19/2018  8:04 PM
VCoug wrote:This is all moot anyway. Charlotte's using Walker to dump salary, I'm assuming Dwight's or Batum's who are both making $20M+/year, and we don't have any expiring contracts except for a few guys on minimum contracts. We could do something like Kanter, KOQ, McDermott, and Baker for Walker and Batum which would save Charlotte money after next season when Kanter expires but I don't know that I want to take on the $75M due to Batum just for Walker.

You just saw that on bleacher report.... they just posted an article suggesting the same deal.

Kanter, Derm, Baker and Frank for Kemba, Batum and Julyan Stone.

I would immediately start Beas, Batum, KP, Kemba and THJr and tell the eastern conference to come get some of this work!!!!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/19/2018  8:05 PM
Frank, Willy, a second round pick, and anyone except KP and Kanter to balance it out would be the limit of what I would be willing to give up for Walker. Dont want to take on long term crap to get Walker. Jordan would get two promising recent draft picks, who have shown they can contribute. How many contenders are willing to take on bad contracts to get Walker?

You plug in a legit starting PG, and I believe KP/Kanter will work. Walker fits the bill IMO.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/19/2018  8:33 PM
Getting Walker does not make us contenders. Its a starphuch move. And he is not even that big of a star.

This rebuild needs patience. Yes, the losing sucks right now, I am frustrated by it too. I am not givign up on a 19 year old with a ton of promise for Kemba Walker. No Way!

I would explore other ways to get him. I am not saying NO to Kemba just NO to including Frank in any deal unless its a top game changer type of PG.

GustavBahler

1/19/2018  8:37 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Getting Walker does not make us contenders. Its a starphuch move. And he is not even that big of a star.

This rebuild needs patience. Yes, the losing sucks right now, I am frustrated by it too. I am not givign up on a 19 year old with a ton of promise for Kemba Walker. No Way!

I would explore other ways to get him. I am not saying NO to Kemba just NO to including Frank in any deal unless its a top game changer type of PG.

Its a starphuch move if you are stupid enough to believe that it makes us instant contenders. It doesn't, but it moves us a hell of a lot closer. Walker doesnt have to be a superstar to be a good fit. He is more than enough of a threat offensively to make everyone else's job easier.

VCoug

1/19/2018  8:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2018  8:39 PM
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:This is all moot anyway. Charlotte's using Walker to dump salary, I'm assuming Dwight's or Batum's who are both making $20M+/year, and we don't have any expiring contracts except for a few guys on minimum contracts. We could do something like Kanter, KOQ, McDermott, and Baker for Walker and Batum which would save Charlotte money after next season when Kanter expires but I don't know that I want to take on the $75M due to Batum just for Walker.

You just saw that on bleacher report.... they just posted an article suggesting the same deal.

Kanter, Derm, Baker and Frank for Kemba, Batum and Julyan Stone.

I would immediately start Beas, Batum, KP, Kemba and THJr and tell the eastern conference to come get some of this work!!!!

Lol, actually I didn't. Was just on Hoopshype eyeballing contracts and that's the only thing I could come up with that would make sense for Charlotte. I like Kemba who's been very good the last few seasons, is under 30, makes a very reasonable $12M, and would be the best PG we've had since we traded away Mark Jackson and Rod Strickland 30 years ago. It's really tough taking on Batum's crappy contract when we've already got Noah's and THJr's crappy contracts also.

I also just noticed that Kemba has an opt out after this season. There's no way he's opting in when he's seriously underpaid in this market. We'd need him to agree to a new contract before agreeing to a trade and I don't know that's possible with his option year. Taking on Batum's contract to rent Kemba for a season would be ****ing terrible.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm colorblind? I'm on hoopshype again and now I don't see an option for next year.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/19/2018  8:42 PM
wargames wrote:

THjr
Kemba
KP
Kanter
Lance Thomas

It' the trading season - the starfukk brigade lives for this.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/19/2018  9:14 PM
wargames wrote:

THjr
Kemba
KP
Kanter
Lance Thomas

Kemba 28 in May and 30’as a free agent. Lives on his speed. Some guards are prone to lose a step in their early 30s.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/19/2018  9:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Getting Walker does not make us contenders. Its a starphuch move. And he is not even that big of a star.

Its a starphuch move if you are stupid enough to believe that it makes us instant contenders. It doesn't, but it moves us a hell of a lot closer. Walker doesnt have to be a superstar to be a good fit. He is more than enough of a threat offensively to make everyone else's job easier.

Have you read some of the posts here? YEs, some believe that Kemba can take us there.

He helps for sure offensively. That upgrade would be enough to get NY into the playoffs. Work out a deal without Frank, Hardaway or KP and I am on board most likely.

GustavBahler

1/19/2018  10:11 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Have you read some of the posts here? YEs, some believe that Kemba can take us there.

He helps for sure offensively. That upgrade would be enough to get NY into the playoffs. Work out a deal without Frank, Hardaway or KP and I am on board most likely.

I believe Frank has all the skills he needs to be an All-Star. The longer he is unwilling to assert himself on offense, the more I would like to see the Knicks explore all their options. Some players just arent wired to do more than defer.

Its not just Walker's ability to get buckets. Its the space he creates for KP,Kanter. Kanter doesn't have to put up monster numbers every night, if the PG is scoring around 20 a night. KP gets more open looks for 3, and alley oops. I get the reluctance to trade such a promising player. If the offense was on par with the D. If the alternative wasnt in their prime. Someone who can score and dish,I would get the skepticism.

VCoug

1/19/2018  10:13 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I believe Frank has all the skills he needs to be an All-Star. The longer he is unwilling to assert himself on offense, the more I would like to see the Knicks explore all their options. Some players just arent wired to do more than defer.

Its not just Walker's ability to get buckets. Its the space he creates for KP,Kanter. Kanter doesn't have to put up monster numbers every night, if the PG is scoring around 20 a night. KP gets more open looks for 3, and alley oops. I get the reluctance to trade such a promising player. If the offense was on par with the D. If the alternative wasnt in their prime. Someone who can score and dish,I would get the skepticism.

Any trade for Walker is going to have to include Kanter because Charlotte wants to dump salary and he's the only big contract we have that will save them money.

Kemba Walker on the block? Maybe Kidd-gilcrest and Batum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy