[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kemba Walker on the block? Maybe Kidd-gilcrest and Batum
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2018  10:14 AM
John wall was raw but his size and speed made him a big upside project.
Kemba has been a great scorer and has game. In my opinion Kemba reached his potential sooner were wall needed tie and some good teammates around him. As John ages his body is filling out, he is not quite the road runner he was a few years ago but is still quick but stronger. At his size it matters. Kemba is smaller, much smaller.
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/14/2018  10:56 AM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:Tick, tick, tick and starphuck. What championship are guys going to win with Kemba.

THIS.

Walker is leading the Hornets to a WORSE record than the Knicks this year.

Triple Shenanigans! All because of one player? Sounds familiar....

Well, help me out. How do you compare Knicks players v Charlotte players minus Kemba.

And it's already a detriment that Kemba is not making Hornets players better.

Howard, Batum (injured and returned), MKG, Marvin Williams, Frank the Tank, Zeller.

Its the players, the coaches, mgmt, team effort, or lack thereof.

My question to you is Walker overpaid? Too old? Too hurt? Over the hill?

My answer is no. While the soundness of such a move is of course debatable, strongly disagree that this would be a starphuch.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/19/2018  10:26 AM
Looking at the rockets team and wondering why you guys are afraid to add players like kemba instead of worrying about unproven draft picks..You look at willy, frank, Dotson, and KP..those kids are at least 5 yrs away from competing for a championship..

The rockets have assemble a championship team primarily through trades and FA. Maybe some of you forgot the glory days, but we were contemplating for many yrs through trades and FA.

ES
GustavBahler

1/19/2018  10:38 AM
If things dont improve, wont be a surprise if some moves are made. From Berman...

The entire brass is on this six-game trip against the Western Conference — president Steve Mills, general manager Scott Perry, director of player development Craig Robinson, director of player personnel Harold Ellis and longtime Knicks executive Jamie Matthews.

Jack cant last a full season, Frank is a rookie with no offense. If not Walker, than somebody.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/19/2018  10:39 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Looking at the rockets team and wondering why you guys are afraid to add players like kemba instead of worrying about unproven draft picks..You look at willy, frank, Dotson, and KP..those kids are at least 5 yrs away from competing for a championship..

The rockets have assemble a championship team primarily through trades and FA. Maybe some of you forgot the glory days, but we were contemplating for many yrs through trades and FA.

I think the issue is, no matter what move we make now, won't put us in the Golden State, Houston, Cleveland territory. Not even close. The player we are building around is 22 years old. I'm all for improving now, but not at the expense of our young guys. We aren't going to compete for a title for many years anyways. We might as well build around the Porzingis timeline so we can grow into a contending team during his age 26-30 years when Golden State, Houston, and wherever Lebron is, are on the downturn. I want to make the playoffs with our young core first, then make that big move that will get us into that next territory.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/19/2018  10:43 AM
I would be open to Kemba and one bad contract for Kanter, OQuinn and maybe Jack for salary purposes to make the deal work.

But they would want more and we would have to give up the 2018 pick. If it's top 5 protected I'd give it up.

KP, Kemba, THJ, Beasley, CLee. That team will score and be a playoff team next year for sure.

GustavBahler

1/19/2018  10:54 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Looking at the rockets team and wondering why you guys are afraid to add players like kemba instead of worrying about unproven draft picks..You look at willy, frank, Dotson, and KP..those kids are at least 5 yrs away from competing for a championship..

I think the issue is, no matter what move we make now, won't put us in the Golden State, Houston, Cleveland territory. Not even close. The player we are building around is 22 years old. I'm all for improving now, but not at the expense of our young guys. We aren't going to compete for a title for many years anyways. We might as well build around the Porzingis timeline so we can grow into a contending team during his age 26-30 years when Golden State, Houston, and wherever Lebron is, are on the downturn. I want to make the playoffs with our young core first, then make that big move that will get us into that next territory.

The Magic showed that going with a youth movement can have its drawbacks. They knew that the course they were on would get them first round exits, for the next few years, with the veteran team they had at the time. They wisely decided to blow the team up, start from scratch. Made some good picks. But the Magic went heavy on draft picks, young players, but didn't add enough good veterans to fill out the squad. Perry was there as an Asst, I believe.

Maybe thats why he is more interested in building on the fly, than gutting the roster for draft picks and starting again. Knows that you need a mix of good veterans and youth.

Knicks have an All-Star caliber talent in KP. Best outcome, is a good mix of experience and youth. Not a teardown, because you never know how long it will last, and you dont know how patient Dolan will be. Gradual buildup, without going for the quick fix.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/19/2018  11:24 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

The Magic showed that going with a youth movement can have its drawbacks. They knew that the course they were on would get them first round exits, for the next few years, with the veteran team they had at the time. They wisely decided to blow the team up, start from scratch. Made some good picks. But the Magic went heavy on draft picks, young players, but didn't add enough good veterans to fill out the squad. Perry was there as an Asst, I believe.

Maybe thats why he is more interested in building on the fly, than gutting the roster for draft picks and starting again. Knows that you need a mix of good veterans and youth.

Knicks have an All-Star caliber talent in KP. Best outcome, is a good mix of experience and youth. Not a teardown, because you never know how long it will last, and you dont know how patient Dolan will be. Gradual buildup, without going for the quick fix.

I agree, a mixture is best. I would be interested in acquiring Walker, but only if we don't have to deal our young talent to get him, which i know is unlikely. But if they were to ever want to just use him to attach a bad contract, i would consider that. Nothing wrong with taking gambles, as long as the cupboard isn't empty of assets, which is our mistakes of the past.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/19/2018  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2018  12:15 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Id trade Frank for Kemba as part of a deal. Frank's offense is still a question mark. No questions about what Walker brings to the table.

See Kemba more of a spark off the bench. Kinda like a Lou Williams. Just dont see him as a good all around PG.
Maybe the reason they have not done much. So dont think you give up Frank for that.

Would rather jsut trade some of our dead weight (Noah, KO, LT) for draft picks and resign the guys we know have been producing (Kanter, Doug, Beas). Then we try to pick up another athletic wing off waivers. Kidd Gilcrest is more intriguing but at what price.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
GustavBahler

1/19/2018  12:18 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Id trade Frank for Kemba as part of a deal. Frank's offense is still a question mark. No questions about what Walker brings to the table.

See Kemba more of a spark off the bench. Kinda like a Lou Williams. Just dont see him as a good all around PG.
Maybe the reason they have not done much. So dont think you give up Frank for that.

Would rather jsut trade some of our dead weight (Noah, KO, LT) for draft picks and resign the guys we know have been producing (Kanter, Doug, Beas). Then we try to pick up another athletic wing off waivers. Kidd Gilcrest is more intriguing but at what price.

Disagree about Walker. 22/6 is good enough to start in my book. Frank is a long way from that kind of production, if ever. He brings his own talents to the table on defense, but he is a long way from being relied on to carry a team. Walker can step in right now, and give the Knicks what rhey have been missing from our starting PGS.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/19/2018  12:45 PM
Kemba is not good enough to trade Frank for. Sorry. Frank is 19. He is a great defender. He can shoot, we see it. We see flashes of his talent.

Kemba is a completed project. He is who he is. Good, but not Great and, IMO not good enough to trade the #1 pick for.

SOrry - At this point, I would only trade Frank in a package for Lillard, Wall or Irving.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/19/2018  12:51 PM
Yo Kemba Walker is good man... if he's available a d they want to trade him to us **** it man.

We want to wait for draft picks only for KP to be 23-25 and burnt out like a heroine addict on 123rd and lex.

We get walker, then we have to follow that up with another player and then let's go too war for the next 5 years. That's what we want right? Why wait?

The plan is to get 25 year olds together? Kemba is still in his 20s. We got KP thirsty for help. Kanter, THJr, Beasley, Lee .... **** man add another real small fwd type and let's take the east right ****ing now! LeBron might go west next year. The time is now to get that upper hand.

2 moves a d next year we're the #1-2 seed in the East. Word to big Bird.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall

1/19/2018  12:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Disagree about Walker. 22/6 is good enough to start in my book. Frank is a long way from that kind of production, if ever. He brings his own talents to the table on defense, but he is a long way from being relied on to carry a team. Walker can step in right now, and give the Knicks what rhey have been missing from our starting PGS.

Not saying Kemba is a scrub. Neither is Lou. Just "Dont See him as a good ALL around PG" Better off the bench as he is best when he takes over the offense, which is good, but would take other guys out of theirs, not good with talent we have. Would not be upset if we got him but with some of our dead wight. And btw, dont think A. They give him up for just Frank B. Dont think the Knicks give up of Frank. Frank may be a better piece to get better future draft picks in return.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/19/2018  1:00 PM
I'm not sure Kemba is enough to justify taking whatever contract they want to add. It depends on the package they're sending, but I'm probably going to say no. We're caplocked for the next year and we need to keep that in mind. We have a lot of holes to fill and a Kemba deal could make impossible over the next few years.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/19/2018  1:02 PM
Charlotte is playing better ball of late.

As for knicks, no doubt the moves to established players would be an improvement in the short run.
Many fans are "fed up" and proof is some of the posts on the UK of late. We are all fed up!
Since PHil came we have tried to blend in vets but not on long term deals and rebuild with youth. Some wins, some not so.
KP, Frank, Baker, and Willy are an unknown future and when not convinced of it fans will be frustrated.
Timmy Hardaway has been a legit success "for the money". Not a move the dial signing but a good player. He is our no. 2 option. He is learning this role as is KP at the no. 1.
Physical and mentally this is a big adjustment. Knicks not the only team with injuries or wearing down. Jokic on Denver has worn down. We micro follow the knicks and it magnifies all our problems and we think they don't exist elsewhere.

As for Kemba, I don't know the price Charlotte would want. That would tell me a lot. Batum is on autopilot and Dwight smiles win or lose. Charlotte fans love the idea of trading for the concept of picks and a better tomorrow. Sometimes that "Better tomorrow" is Cody Zeller and Kaminsky. Lottery picks.
Phuch the Magic and their DeVos Amway sucking owners .

I don't know our game plan verbatim any more then the rest of you. Seems to me since Phil came we are on course to rebuild but also try to field a team that can make the playoffs.
Phil is gone but not much has changed. Good coach (can blast him all you want but not known is would another be better), the Triangle is gone but we are still going with a younger concept going forward.

So unless a deal we can't refuse is presented, I'd just as soon take my lumps with this team and not mortgage the future.
I trust any process that is true and committed to. Don't mean we have to like everything but reality is change is not always improvement.

knicks1248
1/19/2018  1:33 PM
I know some of you are content with losing and hoping this young players amount to something. Right now this team is suffering mainly because of the pg position. Thats been our problem as long as I could remember, with exception of being success with Kidd, Lin, and felt on.

It is really about time we fix it, because we seem to cover all the bases except for the pg.

Lowry
Wall
Irving
I T
Bledsoe
Russell
Olapido
Dragic
Dunn

Thats just the eastern conference.

We have 2 points guards that are not even remotely close to the level of any of these guards.We have got to level up now.

ES
knicks1248
1/19/2018  1:40 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:Tick, tick, tick and starphuck. What championship are guys going to win with Kemba.

THIS.

Walker is leading the Hornets to a WORSE record than the Knicks this year.

Triple Shenanigans! All because of one player? Sounds familiar....

Well, help me out. How do you compare Knicks players v Charlotte players minus Kemba.

And it's already a detriment that Kemba is not making Hornets players better.

Howard, Batum (injured and returned), MKG, Marvin Williams, Frank the Tank, Zeller.

The coach, the system,and the bench, all plays a part.

How did woodson take MDAs roster and have a lot more success. Differerent ways of using the same players

ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/19/2018  1:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2018  1:43 PM
Ok I want to address short run....

How long do any of you expect to be good whenever or however we get it done? We're not going to be good for 10 years straight just by stacking draft picks. That's not a guarantee. Even then most runs only last 3-5 years.

Even the spurs had to revamp and also get very lucky in the draft to maintain their success.

We get Kemba and a another player... all of a sudden we start our 5 year block of being the top dogs in the yard. We can add and subtract as we go along but we would be right on top for 5 years before we have to stay retooling tge starting line up or coaching situation for he next 5 years...

Wtf... I'm down to make it happen if its real. It's not like were trading for guys in their 30s or guys with extensive injury histories. We're taking about guys in their primes.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall

1/19/2018  2:37 PM
EnySpree wrote:Ok I want to address short run....

How long do any of you expect to be good whenever or however we get it done? We're not going to be good for 10 years straight just by stacking draft picks. That's not a guarantee. Even then most runs only last 3-5 years.

Even the spurs had to revamp and also get very lucky in the draft to maintain their success.

We get Kemba and a another player... all of a sudden we start our 5 year block of being the top dogs in the yard. We can add and subtract as we go along but we would be right on top for 5 years before we have to stay retooling tge starting line up or coaching situation for he next 5 years...

Wtf... I'm down to make it happen if its real. It's not like were trading for guys in their 30s or guys with extensive injury histories. We're taking about guys in their primes.

Thats all good. But what do you think it will take to get Kemba? They want to dump salary so safe to say they wont be taking on anyone making making over 10M next year. Maybe an expiring like KO, Buckets, Kanter? But think they would want a cheap first or second year guy and a draft pick as well. So do you give up Frank, second and say Kanter for him?

Big issue I have is that they guys on the block have not made their current teams any better. Including Kemba.
You look at Batum, he was a high demand FA and yet he has not done much. Grant it he was hurt but why are they willing to give up on him? Maybe they know something we dont about both. Question for me is that if Walker is so good, then why dump him for just an expiring and first year guy?

Do like that he is only 27 and may be on the cusp of elevating his game. Again, dont think I would care either way if we can get a good deal. Think, like KI, they are going to want a lot.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/19/2018  2:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I'm not sure Kemba is enough to justify taking whatever contract they want to add. It depends on the package they're sending, but I'm probably going to say no. We're caplocked for the next year and we need to keep that in mind. We have a lot of holes to fill and a Kemba deal could make impossible over the next few years.

They clearly want to dump Batums contract as MKG and Williams aren't really bad contracts worth dumping Kemba for. Howard only has a 2 yr deal.

Batum may have the worst contract in the NBA.

The Knicks need to go after a Kemba type player after this yrs draft not before it. Adding a lotto talent AND Kemba type player should be the goal of the off season. Move KOQ for a late first. Package Lee with that late first, 2019 pick, and possibly Willy for a stud all depending on who the stud is. This way we add a lotto talent and a stud.

Tobias Harris will probably be available at the draft if he isn't traded at the deadline. He is a 2019 FA who probably will leave Detroit. Could probably get him by eating Reggie Jackson's 2 yr contract for Lee & Thomas and the pick we get from KOQ.

Something like that is the route to take. Adding Reggie Jackson, Tobias Harris, & our 2018 lotto pick.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Kemba Walker on the block? Maybe Kidd-gilcrest and Batum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy