[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

BULLS OR KNICKS
Author Thread
fishmike
Posts: 48918
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
1/12/2018  10:22 AM
Bulls have fools gold. KP and Frank have much higher ceilings then LM and Dunn. KP easily is the highest impact.

Bulls need to add stars in FA. If they do they can be good. OTherwise they have a roster full of middle tier guys with modest impact. They have better young role players than us but so what. If the strike gold in FA then their more flexible roster helps them. Its just as likely that they overpay for RFAs and dont accomplish much.

Knicks have some decisions in the front court. Who do they commit to? KOQ? Kanter? Willy? Does Noah get purged or is he a legit backup? Do guys like McBuckets come back?

Knicks won 31 games last year. They are much better this year and they are +.500 when either THjr or KP plays.

These appear to be the only sure things moving forward and all have upside
KP 22
Frank 19
THjr 25

Rotation guys who have shown upside as well but are long term ?marks (contracts)
McD 25
KAnter 25

prospects not playing behind veteran or better players
Willy 23
Dotson 23

Stop gap
CLee
Lance
KOQ

Not a believer
Ron

Deadweight but could still have a role depending on roster moves:
Noah

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Posts: 50392
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/12/2018  12:04 PM
fishmike wrote:Bulls have fools gold. KP and Frank have much higher ceilings then LM and Dunn. KP easily is the highest impact.

Bulls need to add stars in FA. If they do they can be good. OTherwise they have a roster full of middle tier guys with modest impact. They have better young role players than us but so what. If the strike gold in FA then their more flexible roster helps them. Its just as likely that they overpay for RFAs and dont accomplish much.

Knicks have some decisions in the front court. Who do they commit to? KOQ? Kanter? Willy? Does Noah get purged or is he a legit backup? Do guys like McBuckets come back?

Knicks won 31 games last year. They are much better this year and they are +.500 when either THjr or KP plays.

These appear to be the only sure things moving forward and all have upside
KP 22
Frank 19
THjr 25

Rotation guys who have shown upside as well but are long term ?marks (contracts)
McD 25
KAnter 25

prospects not playing behind veteran or better players
Willy 23
Dotson 23

Stop gap
CLee
Lance
KOQ

Not a believer
Ron

Deadweight but could still have a role depending on roster moves:
Noah


At 21 Zach Lavine was avg almost 20 a game

You are forgetting Lavine Portis and Valentine. Thats a lot to forget. We dont have players like that. Saying KP is better than Lauri M--Im not sure about that claim.

fishmike
Posts: 48918
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
1/12/2018  12:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:Bulls have fools gold. KP and Frank have much higher ceilings then LM and Dunn. KP easily is the highest impact.

Bulls need to add stars in FA. If they do they can be good. OTherwise they have a roster full of middle tier guys with modest impact. They have better young role players than us but so what. If the strike gold in FA then their more flexible roster helps them. Its just as likely that they overpay for RFAs and dont accomplish much.

Knicks have some decisions in the front court. Who do they commit to? KOQ? Kanter? Willy? Does Noah get purged or is he a legit backup? Do guys like McBuckets come back?

Knicks won 31 games last year. They are much better this year and they are +.500 when either THjr or KP plays.

These appear to be the only sure things moving forward and all have upside
KP 22
Frank 19
THjr 25

Rotation guys who have shown upside as well but are long term ?marks (contracts)
McD 25
KAnter 25

prospects not playing behind veteran or better players
Willy 23
Dotson 23

Stop gap
CLee
Lance
KOQ

Not a believer
Ron

Deadweight but could still have a role depending on roster moves:
Noah


At 21 Zach Lavine was avg almost 20 a game

You are forgetting Lavine Portis and Valentine. Thats a lot to forget. We dont have players like that. Saying KP is better than Lauri M--Im not sure about that claim.

A year ago you said you would not trade KP for anyone in the NBA. Your feelings dont carry a ton of weight.. sorry man. Im not forgetting the guys you mentioned. I said their role players are better then ours. Dotson/Willy are nice prospects IMO but unproven at this point.

Valentine is nice. He's ONE YEAR younger than Hardaway JR who is a much better player. Levine is good. No doubt.

The real difference was Melo vs. Butler. Melo yielded Kanter, McD and the Bull's #2. Butler got the Bulls quite a bit more.

Bulls dont have an all star player. KP made some mistakes but his block to send it to OT and his dunk to send it to 2nd OT were unicorn plays and Bulls dont have a player with that ceiling. LM isnt close. No rim protection.

SkyWalker
Posts: 20443
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/1/2004
Member: #814
1/12/2018  1:31 PM
I was actually very impressed with Valentine during the last game. How good can this guy become?
Kenny SkyWalker
BRIGGS
Posts: 50392
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
1/12/2018  1:34 PM
SkyWalker wrote:I was actually very impressed with Valentine during the last game. How good can this guy become?

Hell be real good. If he was athletic be an upper tier player.

Knixkik
Posts: 29745
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
1/12/2018  2:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2018  2:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:Bulls have fools gold. KP and Frank have much higher ceilings then LM and Dunn. KP easily is the highest impact.

Bulls need to add stars in FA. If they do they can be good. OTherwise they have a roster full of middle tier guys with modest impact. They have better young role players than us but so what. If the strike gold in FA then their more flexible roster helps them. Its just as likely that they overpay for RFAs and dont accomplish much.

Knicks have some decisions in the front court. Who do they commit to? KOQ? Kanter? Willy? Does Noah get purged or is he a legit backup? Do guys like McBuckets come back?

Knicks won 31 games last year. They are much better this year and they are +.500 when either THjr or KP plays.

These appear to be the only sure things moving forward and all have upside
KP 22
Frank 19
THjr 25

Rotation guys who have shown upside as well but are long term ?marks (contracts)
McD 25
KAnter 25

prospects not playing behind veteran or better players
Willy 23
Dotson 23

Stop gap
CLee
Lance
KOQ

Not a believer
Ron

Deadweight but could still have a role depending on roster moves:
Noah


At 21 Zach Lavine was avg almost 20 a game

You are forgetting Lavine Portis and Valentine. Thats a lot to forget. We dont have players like that. Saying KP is better than Lauri M--Im not sure about that claim.

Briggs come on. Porzingis is an elite defensive player, Lauri is a great shooter but not a defensive impact player at all. There is literally no comparison between the 2. 2 different worlds of players.

Nalod
Posts: 56417
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
1/12/2018  2:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
SkyWalker wrote:I was actually very impressed with Valentine during the last game. How good can this guy become?

Hell be real good. If he was athletic be an upper tier player.

They said that about me too.

You don't show a fool a job half done!
Knixkik
Posts: 29745
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
1/12/2018  3:00 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
SkyWalker wrote:I was actually very impressed with Valentine during the last game. How good can this guy become?

Hell be real good. If he was athletic be an upper tier player.

You have a serious habit of overrating players on other teams, especially guys coming off a good game.

BULLS OR KNICKS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.