Member: #508
USA
1/11/2018  2:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I'm betting jH will be force to play trey major minutes because of he's going to come in with this chip on his shoulder, then I see frank in a similar situation to willy.

I bet Burke gets no burn because Horny loves Baker so much. Trey will probably get the Willy treatment

The G-league will humble the sht out of a NBA player, and from all account, I think he's ready, he is avg a steal per game.

As far as RoN hornacek, you maybe right, but JH has shown he's not afraid to bench anyone not name melo/porzingas

What he does against players in the G-League where 95% of them will never be playing in the NBA and what he does against actual NBA talent are two very different things. Sure would be nice if he becomes even close to the player that people thought he was gonna be coming out of college but that's most likely a long shot.

Exactly. You know who also tore up the G-League? Chasson Randle. The list could go on and on. Burkes biggest problems we're due to physical limitations. Unless he had a major boost in quickness and verticality, those issues are still there. No harm, no foul in bringing him up, but the expectations for him are insane.

What's insane is frank having 1 successful lay up attempt in the last 6 wks, and has just 2 attempts in the last 12 or so games...Most of us didn't believe jack would make the team, let alone be our permanent starter.

Trey has NBA experience which is more then we can say about 85% of the G league

Frank is to Knicks1248 as Hillary is to Trump..........

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/11/2018  2:48 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I'm betting jH will be force to play trey major minutes because of he's going to come in with this chip on his shoulder, then I see frank in a similar situation to willy.

I bet Burke gets no burn because Horny loves Baker so much. Trey will probably get the Willy treatment

The G-league will humble the sht out of a NBA player, and from all account, I think he's ready, he is avg a steal per game.

As far as RoN hornacek, you maybe right, but JH has shown he's not afraid to bench anyone not name melo/porzingas

What he does against players in the G-League where 95% of them will never be playing in the NBA and what he does against actual NBA talent are two very different things. Sure would be nice if he becomes even close to the player that people thought he was gonna be coming out of college but that's most likely a long shot.

Exactly. You know who also tore up the G-League? Chasson Randle. The list could go on and on. Burkes biggest problems we're due to physical limitations. Unless he had a major boost in quickness and verticality, those issues are still there. No harm, no foul in bringing him up, but the expectations for him are insane.

What's insane is frank having 1 successful lay up attempt in the last 6 wks, and has just 2 attempts in the last 12 or so games...Most of us didn't believe jack would make the team, let alone be our permanent starter.

frank penetrating is like Anthony Roberson shooting 50%.

both are defensive minded players that shouldn't be count on to score

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
USA
1/11/2018  4:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

frank penetrating is like Anthony Roberson shooting 50%.

both are defensive minded players that shouldn't be count on to score

If Frank was 26 years old, I suppose you'd be right to typecast as a mostly finished developing player.
But he is not.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
blkexec wrote:

Unless Burkes defense is atrocious.....then JH would be forced to play Frank. But I agree that Frank is in danger of losing minutes this year if Burke shows why he was highly regarded as a can't miss prospect out of college

Also, Perry's guys, Jack, Kanter etc. are playing over Mills/Phil guys. Trey would be a Perry guy and a player once highly regarded. Frank has been given developmental minutes but games like last night were tough to watch and it would have been nice to have an alternative to Frank. I believe the Knicks had 5 fast breaks last night(not positive) in a double ot game. The point guards did not shoot a free throw. Have to think Trey has a tremendous opportunity to fill a need for the Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
blkexec wrote:

Unless Burkes defense is atrocious.....then JH would be forced to play Frank. But I agree that Frank is in danger of losing minutes this year if Burke shows why he was highly regarded as a can't miss prospect out of college

Also, Perry's guys, Jack, Kanter etc. are playing over Mills/Phil guys. Trey would be a Perry guy and a player once highly regarded. Frank has been given developmental minutes but games like last night were tough to watch and it would have been nice to have an alternative to Frank. I believe the Knicks had 5 fast breaks last night(not positive) in a double ot game. The point guards did not shoot a free throw. Have to think Trey has a tremendous opportunity to fill a need for the Knicks.
Nalod
USA
1/11/2018  4:50 PM
I don't think there are Perry Vs. Mills guys. Perry is the GM and Mills is the Pres.
Guys that play best play. Trey gets a chance because he is playing well. No doubt there was a deal made: "come, rehab, get it together for half a season and then we'll give you a chance". "If you do that, you will get the call to show what you got".

If not, buh bye. No drama, no "My guy vs his guy".

CrushAlot
USA
1/11/2018  7:29 PM
Nalod wrote:I don't think there are Perry Vs. Mills guys. Perry is the GM and Mills is the Pres.
Guys that play best play. Trey gets a chance because he is playing well. No doubt there was a deal made: "come, rehab, get it together for half a season and then we'll give you a chance". "If you do that, you will get the call to show what you got".

If not, buh bye. No drama, no "My guy vs his guy".

Is Burke coming back from an injury? I just thought he had a couple of very bad years. If the Knicks were able to get him because he hadn't regained his health I think that he is a better signing. I thought he was available because he had not been good on his first two teams and he needed to rehabilitate his career.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/12/2018  3:21 AM
Burke has very limited upside. Did anyone watch Bakers sidekick Van Fleet score 22 vs the Cavs last night. He’s 5-11”. We’re on the road next 5 and maybe TH back and hopefully not too rusty ...we need a lift.
blkexec
Member: #748
1/15/2018  11:47 PM
blkexec wrote:

called it.....

And I missed the game.. need to find a link to a replay......reddit????

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/16/2018  9:39 AM
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:

called it.....

nbafullhd

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
blkexec
1/17/2018  12:51 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:

called it.....

nbafullhd

Thanks

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
1/26/2018  11:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2018  11:08 PM
Timmy and Trey Show
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/26/2018  11:49 PM
Nalod wrote:

Of course you do. You see lots of things.

and they do play out

ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/26/2018  11:59 PM
Am I Enystraudamas?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
blkexec
1/27/2018  8:33 AM
EnySpree wrote:Am I Enystraudamas?

That's why I'm posting in this thread. You had the foresight early on.....And I was one of the few that agreed with you.

blkexec
1/27/2018  8:34 AM
blkexec wrote:The only thing I don't agree with is THJ averaging 4 and 4. But that would be knit-picking. I actually think this chemistry will help fill a major void on this team. Their impact could be major. And believe Horny is the right coach because he's not afraid to mix and match lineups. And he knows how to coach transition players.
blkexec
1/28/2018  9:20 AM
EnySpree wrote:

Going back and reading some of these prediction post. And at first you was right again.....Baker was getting more burn. But I think that might stop moving forward. Baker is a career backup with potential for a spot starter on the right team. Frank or Baker should go to the G league.....my guess is Baker since Frank is part of the rotation.

blkexec
2/25/2018  9:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2018  9:27 AM
If only JH played Burke earlier......instead of Jack......Timmy and Trey would've saved the season.
Nalod
USA
2/25/2018  10:03 AM
blkexec wrote:If only JH played Burke earlier......instead of Jack......Timmy and Trey would've saved the season.

Maybe Burke was not ready? Also, the schematic included KP.
So many variables that its not simply plug and play and lament it was not earlier.

blkexec
3/25/2018  6:18 PM
Timmy and Burke show

They might not save the season....but they will give fans optimism heading into the draft

Timmy and Trey save the season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy