[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: DSJr, meet Frank; Frank, DSJr
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/7/2018  9:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Way to gut it out. KOQ had a great game. Frank didn't shrink in the moment, did some good things. Congrats to Jack on his new deal, nice to see a player put in a performance like that, right after its official. I lime that KP let the game come to him, didnt try ti take over, when other players were having good games. Like that he moved in closer to the rim as well.

Frank has picked up vs the other rookie guards so far this yr.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

1/7/2018  9:48 PM
Loved the way Frank performed.
KP is so important to this team. When he can score like this we are a playoff team. Last time he played this well the team won in New Orleans.

Liked seeing Willy get Beasley's playing time.

I know there are a lot of Beasley fans on this board but I thought we played better and less 1 on 1 centric without him.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/7/2018  9:49 PM
nixluva wrote:
Panos wrote:I can't believe you guys don't want to keep O'Quinn.

I think it’s mostly about the Contract situation and not him as a player.

Definitely the contract. He is going to earn a big raise and I don't think the team is willing to commit to that type of contract for him, so you might as well trade him to get an asset in return.

Trust the Process
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
1/7/2018  9:53 PM
How many freethrows Frank had?
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
newyorknewyork
1/7/2018  9:54 PM
The ability to cover the ground he does chasing off 3 pts shooters. Chases off the kickouts shooters then rotates to the swing pass effectively.

The extra gear he was able to get it to on his layup says he has the nessesary first step. All he needs is better understanding.

KP needs to stop looking to just shoot over these guards. Might be better to drive on them get closer looks.

Doug save for some great cuts has been pretty bad for these last couple games.

WP76
Member: #4508

1/7/2018  10:01 PM
LMAO on the Mavericks broadcast with both Carlisle and their announcers blaming the loss on the refs.
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/7/2018  10:02 PM
WP76 wrote:LMAO on the Mavericks broadcast with both Carlisle and their announcers blaming the loss on the refs.
lol, the refs are how they got back in the game!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/7/2018  10:05 PM
IMO KP and Nitty need to be in the GYM working on that 2 Man over and over till they get it like Stockton and Malone level. This is gonna be fun to watch develop over the years.
nyknickzingis

1/7/2018  10:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2018  10:07 PM
One thing about KP
He needs to get much stronger still
You can tell he still gets tired as the game wears on

Remember KP does lots of work on defense too having to protect the rim like that. I sense he is still not physically ready to carry the team and be the anchor on defense. It's what hurts his offense efficiency.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/7/2018  10:09 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:One thing about KP

Remember KP does lots of work on defense too having to protect the rim like that. I sense he is still not physically ready to carry the team and be the anchor on defense. It's what hurts his offense efficiency.

I can tell KP has already lost some weight. It's gotta be tough for him to maintain his body mass. Good thing is he's only 22.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/7/2018  10:21 PM

All about the offseason, but he is still maturing.

The other issue is leverage, and in this, I think his size hurts him...but I also have to say that the way the refs let opponents bang him in the post reminds me of what a guy like Reed used to do with Alcindor/Jabbar. KP really need that quick sky hook type shot so he doesn't have to be backing down for position all the time.

If the ref aren't going to give him some respect, he has to compensate.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
newyorknewyork
1/7/2018  10:34 PM

What I would prefer from KP anyway. Want him to be a dominant defensive player and attack the boards while getting his buckets easer in the flow. Would preserve him while making him way more deadly given that he can score anywhere.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/8/2018  5:48 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Loved the way Frank performed.
KP is so important to this team. When he can score like this we are a playoff team. Last time he played this well the team won in New Orleans.

I know there are a lot of Beasley fans on this board but I thought we played better and less 1 on 1 centric without him.

He shot 9 of 25

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
nyknickzingis

1/8/2018  8:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2018  8:33 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

He shot 9 of 25

Most of his misses late in the game.
Started off really well.
It's obvious KP is not physically ready to play the role he is this season which is to be the anchor on défense and the number one shot creator who draws all the opposing défense. He is also our most whacked fouled player.

Great learning experience for him. He will take this year and should figure out what was missing physically over the season ... put the work in over the summer to be more ready next year. Dude will be just 23 next year, still a year or two away from those typical 5 prime years of a basketball player (25-29).

Still considering he took over Melo role from last season

Scoring
KP 23.7
Melo 22.4, 21.8 ppg last two years

He's scoring more than Melo and meanwhile being the number 1 (or top 3) rim protectors in the league.

Like I was telling Briggs if KP keeps getting stronger, averaging 28-30 a game for him will not be out of the equation. He has the skill and the mind set to play that role.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/8/2018  9:40 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

He shot 9 of 25

Most of his misses late in the game.
Started off really well.
It's obvious KP is not physically ready to play the role he is this season which is to be the anchor on défense and the number one shot creator who draws all the opposing défense. He is also our most whacked fouled player.

Great learning experience for him. He will take this year and should figure out what was missing physically over the season ... put the work in over the summer to be more ready next year. Dude will be just 23 next year, still a year or two away from those typical 5 prime years of a basketball player (25-29).

Still considering he took over Melo role from last season

Scoring
KP 23.7
Melo 22.4, 21.8 ppg last two years

He's scoring more than Melo and meanwhile being the number 1 (or top 3) rim protectors in the league.

Like I was telling Briggs if KP keeps getting stronger, averaging 28-30 a game for him will not be out of the equation. He has the skill and the mind set to play that role.

well he wants to trade KP for a pick so grain of salt there. I like the jumpers from KP. I would like to see him take more of those trailing 3s. KP's defense is so important. I much prefer him mostly taking jumpers, posting up less and using his motor more on defense. He needs more easy offense. More jumpers. He can be one of the best defenders in the league. He's been very focused on being a primary scorer and thats fine. His best role so far is primary defender.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/8/2018  10:20 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:

The other issue is leverage, and in this, I think his size hurts him...but I also have to say that the way the refs let opponents bang him in the post reminds me of what a guy like Reed used to do with Alcindor/Jabbar. KP really need that quick sky hook type shot so he doesn't have to be backing down for position all the time.

This would be ideal

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/8/2018  11:44 AM
We saw the problem with a guy like DSjr or Trae Young last night. You just cant have Jarrett Jack coming in your gym and getting himself buckets and thats what he did. He set the tone by getting himself a few buckets, got the lead and we controlled the tone almost the whole game.

Do people not remember the years of every opposing PG have a career night vs. the Knicks? Yes, Frank's offense has a ways to come but its getting there game by game. At some point in the future we will see Frank's lockdown D to start AND finish games

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/8/2018  1:07 PM
DSJ was a ghost and Frank was everything. There was a portion of the 3rd where Frank was a part of every play on both halves of the court. He has the ability to be transcendent at the position. He has the potential to be more important than KP for this team. Remember the 2017 rookie odds? He had the highest chance of being an all star or something? I can see it now. The way he can change the game defensively and run the offense, he has a chance at being really special, like no player before him.

In other news, glad to see KP feeling his stroke again finally. Really bad missed calls vs him and others. I don’t know what the **** the refs were huffing but that end of the game officiating was ghastly. It was so ugly and obvious somebody needs to get a call from upstairs that they can’t make it that’s blatant. Was reminiscent of the 4OT debacle vs ATL last year. That game was why I came and found this board actually, had to be sure others were seeing the madness that I witnessed that day.

Welpee
Member: #6239

1/8/2018  5:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2018  11:38 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

A lot of people forget that Kareem (though relatively slim) had very strong legs even at a young age. You really need a strong core to shoot a sky hook off one leg. KP is not there yet.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/8/2018  9:20 PM
Just watched the fourth quarter. Great win despite the adversity created by the horrible officiating.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GameThread: DSJr, meet Frank; Frank, DSJr

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy