#3 Carter
#4 Porter
#5 Young
#6 Doncic
#7 Sexton
#8 Bamba
#9 Jackson
#10 Knox

You hated Sexton before, what changed? Also, how can Mikal Bridges not be in your top 10? He checks off every box you want. Shooting, defense, athleticism, high bb iq, winner. Only thing is playmaking, but he has improved in that area this year. His downside is 3 and D starting SF. His upside is star.

I made the same mistake with Mitchell that I was with Sexton this year. Sexton might have the strongest combination of athletic ability ball control and aggression--he is FAR behind Trae Young in pure skills and IQ--but as were watching with Mutchell the raw athleticism ball and body control paired with aggression is yielding the best player in the draft. They are all close--well get a good player. If we get Bridges--he'll be fine. I think if we can get a player who controls the dribble--Id like them first. But the more I look at it--were going to get a good player and thats what matters most.

Id still take Trae young over Sexton--I think once he gets to the pros--his real 3 point shooting skills will shione through

The only drawback of Sexton is we have a trio of young guards in Burke, Mudiay and Frank. If we are happy to trade one or two of them to bring in Sexton, fair enough, I have no issue with that pick. The kid is really talented and has good upside. However, I would say at our likely position around the 10 mark, we might have players available to use that fill a need.

I would agree that this year's class is actually pretty close. For me Ayton, Jackson, Bamba, Young, Doncic, Bagley and Porter are the top seven guys (in no particular order). After that the two Bridges, Knox, Sexton and Carter are in the next tier down. I think there is good talent to be had. I am particularly intrigued by Knox and his fit on our roster. He would be my pick at the minute, but any of those four players could have a positive impact on our roster.

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

2/24/2018  8:40 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:New top 10

#1 Aayton
#2 Bagley
#3 Carter
#4 Porter
#5 Young
#6 Doncic
#7 Sexton
#8 Bamba
#9 Jackson
#10 Knox

You hated Sexton before, what changed? Also, how can Mikal Bridges not be in your top 10? He checks off every box you want. Shooting, defense, athleticism, high bb iq, winner. Only thing is playmaking, but he has improved in that area this year. His downside is 3 and D starting SF. His upside is star.

I made the same mistake with Mitchell that I was with Sexton this year. Sexton might have the strongest combination of athletic ability ball control and aggression--he is FAR behind Trae Young in pure skills and IQ--but as were watching with Mutchell the raw athleticism ball and body control paired with aggression is yielding the best player in the draft. They are all close--well get a good player. If we get Bridges--he'll be fine. I think if we can get a player who controls the dribble--Id like them first. But the more I look at it--were going to get a good player and thats what matters most.

Id still take Trae young over Sexton--I think once he gets to the pros--his real 3 point shooting skills will shione through

Thats if we stay in the top 10, don't be shocked if we slip to 11 or 12
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
2/24/2018  10:10 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:New top 10

#1 Aayton
#2 Bagley
#3 Carter
#4 Porter
#5 Young
#6 Doncic
#7 Sexton
#8 Bamba
#9 Jackson
#10 Knox

Thats if we stay in the top 10, don't be shocked if we slip to 11 or 12

No chance. Charlotte may pass us if they tank hard but no other team has a chance.

Gudris
Member: #6213

2/24/2018  2:55 PM
how can we tank if we still have chance to go to playoffs
martin
Alba Posts: 106
Member: #2
USA
2/24/2018  4:21 PM
Gudris wrote:how can we tank if we still have chance to go to playoffs

What are the Knicks' chance of making the playoffs?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/24/2018  9:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2018  9:10 PM
Who are we tanking for? We're not going to purposely lose every game we have left. Were not gonna get a top 5 pick no matter how hard we try. Besides the small fwd left seem to be right at the 7,8 spot in the mock drafts.
You know why I'm here....
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #303
2/25/2018  11:00 AM
When Trae Young plays under control like he did yesterday- he easily goes back to a top 3 pick
wargames
Member: #6053

2/25/2018  11:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2018  11:20 AM
EnySpree wrote:Who are we tanking for? We're not going to purposely lose every game we have left. Were not gonna get a top 5 pick no matter how hard we try. Besides the small fwd left seem to be right at the 7,8 spot in the mock drafts.

For better odds to move up into the top 3, Porter (who has superstar upside) might slide out of the top 5, also Mikal I think is a 6-7 range so it wouldn't hurt to move up just to ensure we can draft the best out of Mikal, Miles, or potentially Knox.

If we can come out of this draft with one of

Doncic
Porter
Mikal
Miles

We've definitely added talent to the roster which is a positive.

Also Knicks might just go BPA which also makes having a better pick important.

BRIGGS
2/25/2018  11:20 AM
Three guys at this point I’m focused on for Knicks

C Wendell carter( he won’t go top 5 so he may drop to 9)
GJerome Robinson ( a shot maker like rip Hamilton)
G-f Chandler Hutchinson( combination shot make)
G sleeper Kellen Grady( shot maker)

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/25/2018  5:03 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Three guys at this point I’m focused on for Knicks

I'm focused on carter and mikal bridges. 2 way players and instant impact next season I believe.

BRIGGS
2/25/2018  8:47 PM
Knixkik wrote:

I'm focused on carter and mikal bridges. 2 way players and instant impact next season I believe.

The top 5 should be Aayton(now a lock 1) Bagley Trae Young Porter Doncic were very likely drafting 9--so then you have Bamba Carter Jackson and teams wont draft all bigs--other guys like Sexton Knox maybe one of the bridges will go 7-8. The nice reality is that the player we draft in soem drafts could go as high as 1 and easily top 3--so its likely were going to get a good player. I guess the real hope is win the lottery. We have a 6/100 to be top 3.

codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
2/25/2018  10:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

The top 5 should be Aayton(now a lock 1) Bagley Trae Young Porter Doncic were very likely drafting 9--so then you have Bamba Carter Jackson and teams wont draft all bigs--other guys like Sexton Knox maybe one of the bridges will go 7-8. The nice reality is that the player we draft in soem drafts could go as high as 1 and easily top 3--so its likely were going to get a good player. I guess the real hope is win the lottery. We have a 6/100 to be top 3.

Why Ayton number 1? Looks like a good player without convincing ability to dominate either offensively or defensively in the NBA. My overall rank would be 1a/b) Young/Porter, Bagley, Jackson, Bamba, Ayton, Doncic.

Bagley still isn't particularly skilled, but reminds of Amare Stoudemire and could do well in a pick and roll setting.

Jackson may have some features of Ben Wallace with a 3pt shot.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/27/2018  4:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2018  4:09 AM
Latest update: Just a handful of wins for the teams below us, most seem to be stubbornly stuck on 18 wins. However Lakers are on a bit of a run, so hopefully the threat of us landing worse than 9th is receding.

1) Phoenix 18-44
2) Atlanta 18-43
3) Orlando 18-42
4) Sacramento 18-42
5) Memphis 18-41
6) Dallas 19-42
7) Brooklyn 20-41
8) Chicago 20-40

9) New York 24-38
10) Lakers 26-34
11) Charlotte 27-33

12) Detroit 28-32

It's not looking great, but I'm still hopeful that at least the Nets will overtake us in wins as they have no incentive to tank. Im also still hopeful that the Bulls might win a few as they have 8 games remaining against tanking teams. Magic also have a fair few (8), including games vs the Hawks, Griz, Kings, Suns, Mavs and us. Thats why I was so p'd off with us winning our game vs the magic- if we'd lost both games vs them, we'd have a pretty good shot of overtaking them in the tank standings.

1) Suns: Griz, Hawks, Hornets, Magic, Kings, Mavs (5 games vs teams with a worse record than us)

2) Hawks: Suns, Bulls, Hornets, Kings, Magic (4 games)

3) Magic: Griz, Lakers, Kings, Suns, nets, Bulls, Atlanta, Knicks, Mavs, Hornets (8 games)

4) Kings: Nets, Knicks, Magic, Atlanta, mavs, Suns, Griz (7 games)

5) Griz: Suns, magic, Bulls, Mavs, Nets, Hornets, Lakers, Kings (6 games)

6) Dallas: Bulls, Nets, Hornets, Kings, Lakers, Magic, Suns (5 Games)

7) Nets: Kings, Hornets, Mavs, griz, Hornets, Magic, Bulls, Bulls (6 games)

8) Bulls: Hornets, Mavs, Griz, Hawks, Griz, Knicks, Magic, Hornets, Nets, Nets (8 games)

9) Knicks: Kings, Mavs, hornets, Bulls, Hornets, Magic (4 games- a good thing we have so few as we can't be trusted to lose these)

So overall, I think we're looking at 9th, but absolute best case is 6th.

Knixkik
USA
2/27/2018  9:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2018  9:47 AM
After watching most of these guys a fair amount, right now i see the rankings as this.

1. Ayton (poor man's Embiid)
2. Doncic (similar to G Hayward)
3. Bagley (young chris webber)
4. Young (mike bibby/poor man's curry)
5. Porter (not sure, maybe paul george?)
6. Jackson (M Turner)
7. Bamba (Gobert)
8. Carter (Horford)
9. Mikal Bridges (O Porter)
10. Miles Bridges (Larry Johnson)

I think this year will be similar to last year where there are less franchise players as originally expected, but we will see a lot of good starters and some future all-stars. The top 12 or so is really talented. For the Knicks, i am looking at Mikal Bridges and Carter right now.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/27/2018  11:18 AM
reub
Member: #6227

2/27/2018  12:52 PM
nixluva wrote:

It looks close to certain that we'll be finishing with the 9th worse record. Let the ping pong balls fly!

BRIGGS
2/27/2018  4:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2018  4:41 PM
Id like to turn our 9 pick(with that assumption) into BOTH Jerome Robinson and Chandler Hutchinson--unless Wendall Carter or Bamba are available. If we can do it--I just see more value in acquiring a shotmaker who can play 1-2 and a play making 3 who is built like Scottie pippen. What I like abut both guys is they pass and handle like a PG. I am for ball movement---I see ballmovement and shot making as the wave of the future. A team that has position-less type players who can handle pass drive and shoot. You put 3-4 guys like that on the court with length at the top--its hard to stop.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
2/27/2018  7:25 PM
After previously being all about Miles for our position I would like to change to Mikal. I think he would be a perfect addition to our team.
Knixkik
USA
2/27/2018  11:28 PM
Zebo13 wrote:After previously being all about Miles for our position I would like to change to Mikal. I think he would be a perfect addition to our team.

Mikal has been great. He brings the defensive potential, shooting, and intangibles. I'm all about him.

reub
Member: #6227

2/28/2018  5:38 PM
Zebo13 wrote:After previously being all about Miles for our position I would like to change to Mikal. I think he would be a perfect addition to our team.

I like the idea of Mikal joining KP and Frank. That would be the start of an awesome defense.

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.