[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/18/2018  6:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/18/2018  6:19 PM
Knixkik wrote:
rpknicks wrote:Race is still too tight to call but Mikal B has enough on both sides of the floor to swing my vote ( if we draft at 8-11). I think especially as he continues to fill out, his defense , along with Frank's should really terrorize opponents. He sometimes can be a little passive, and his his handle needs work and if that also sounds like Frank, that's the only reason why I'm still on the fence. If we took Miles Bridges instead, we get a real athlete at the rim but not the same defender, shooter, and he can disappear at times too. There are interesting wings in this draft so if we do pass on the bridges, there 's a chance we still get Lance's replacement in this draft.

If we go PG in Sexton that would have to mean we've seen enough of Mudiay and Burke to use a first rounder here. In sexton now you have someone who has the opposite traits of Frank...an aggressive, relentless penetrator who plays with a lot of emotion. He plays D but his main issue is his shot. You just can't have a lead guard in the nba these days without one so he needs to show a lot more over these next few months.

Bridges lit it up yesterday. It matters when you turn it on against the best teams. He did that. Frank, Bridges, and KP would make for an elite defensive team in the future. Bridges might have the highest floor of nearly every prospect.

I like Miles B as well but have noticed a few trends in his game that concern me.
- often dribbles east/west accomplishing little
- settles for tough 3’s and tougher/longer 2 point attempts
- always seems to run up the right side of the court
- doesn’t rebound as much as you would expect

I do like him....

Think Knox may be best scorer in this class 5 years from now....only 18.6 now...very pour long range stroke/release with high arch and very smooth knocking down runners using the glass. He is a tough close out because he will hurt you off 1 or 2 bounces and using the glass. He is a sluggish rebounder/defender though.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/18/2018  7:47 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
rpknicks wrote:Race is still too tight to call but Mikal B has enough on both sides of the floor to swing my vote ( if we draft at 8-11). I think especially as he continues to fill out, his defense , along with Frank's should really terrorize opponents. He sometimes can be a little passive, and his his handle needs work and if that also sounds like Frank, that's the only reason why I'm still on the fence. If we took Miles Bridges instead, we get a real athlete at the rim but not the same defender, shooter, and he can disappear at times too. There are interesting wings in this draft so if we do pass on the bridges, there 's a chance we still get Lance's replacement in this draft.

If we go PG in Sexton that would have to mean we've seen enough of Mudiay and Burke to use a first rounder here. In sexton now you have someone who has the opposite traits of Frank...an aggressive, relentless penetrator who plays with a lot of emotion. He plays D but his main issue is his shot. You just can't have a lead guard in the nba these days without one so he needs to show a lot more over these next few months.

Bridges lit it up yesterday. It matters when you turn it on against the best teams. He did that. Frank, Bridges, and KP would make for an elite defensive team in the future. Bridges might have the highest floor of nearly every prospect.

I like Miles B as well but have noticed a few trends in his game that concern me.

I do like him....

Think Knox may be best scorer in this class 5 years from now....only 18.6 now...very pour long range stroke/release with high arch and very smooth knocking down runners using the glass. He is a tough close out because he will hurt you off 1 or 2 bounces and using the glass. He is a sluggish rebounder/defender though.

I was talking about mikal, not miles.

rpknicks
Member: #6003

2/18/2018  8:27 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I do like him....

Knox is definitely in the mix too, seems to have a very high ceiling. maybe the highest on offense at least. He's just mad young. It's always hard to gauge these Kentucky guys (and other 1 and done school's) as the teams are so deep and all 5 guys on the court are simultaneously trying to shine and to fit into the scheme. Definitely going to be watching him, the bridges brothers, sexton and the other SF's ( bates-diop, frazier, hutchinson etc). That boston college PG/SG is starting to intrigue as well.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/19/2018  5:00 AM
Knixkik wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I do like him....

I was talking about mikal, not miles.

In no way is this going to get confusing

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/19/2018  9:48 AM
rpknicks wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I do like him....

Knox is definitely in the mix too, seems to have a very high ceiling. maybe the highest on offense at least. He's just mad young. It's always hard to gauge these Kentucky guys (and other 1 and done school's) as the teams are so deep and all 5 guys on the court are simultaneously trying to shine and to fit into the scheme. Definitely going to be watching him, the bridges brothers, sexton and the other SF's ( bates-diop, frazier, hutchinson etc). That boston college PG/SG is starting to intrigue as well.

Robinson the most under rated player in the nation. Has to be a top 15 player. This is his buddy Ky Bowman--also a very intriguing prospect for NBA with his athletic ability and speed. Not shooting as good as freshmen season but hes already proven he can. If we do have that 50 pick from LA if he comes out--might be a nice pick from the PG position that late if a couple of others are gone

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/19/2018  9:06 PM
Trae Young about to go up vs. Kansas.
GustavBahler

2/19/2018  9:13 PM
Oklahoma playing like caca, intimidated.
Knixkik
USA
2/19/2018  11:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Oklahoma playing like caca, intimidated.

Things are really falling apart for trae young. He still gets his numbers but his efficiency is plummeting and his team is suddenly really bad. Not sure what to make of it but in this draft it will drop his stock down a bit.

GustavBahler

2/19/2018  11:29 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Things are really falling apart for trae young. He still gets his numbers but his efficiency is plummeting and his team is suddenly really bad. Not sure what to make of it but in this draft it will drop his stock down a bit.

Only watched part of the first half, noticed that Oklahoma set few if any screens for each other. Lots of ISO. Hard to get things going that way.

There was one failed attempt to get to the rim that tells me the Knicks would be crazy to pass on him. Young lost control of the ball, but he covered so much ground in the blink of an eye, before he coughed it up. Scary.

When Young gets in better shape, a legit vertical, look out. Nevermind the range from beyond the arc.

Knixkik
USA
2/20/2018  9:21 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Only watched part of the first half, noticed that Oklahoma set few if any screens for each other. Lots of ISO. Hard to get things going that way.

There was one failed attempt to get to the rim that tells me the Knicks would be crazy to pass on him. Young lost control of the ball, but he covered so much ground in the blink of an eye, before he coughed it up. Scary.

When Young gets in better shape, a legit vertical, look out. Nevermind the range from beyond the arc.

Oh yeah if he's on the board he would still need to be the pick. At that point i would likely move Mudiay and roll with a guard rotation of Young, Ntilikina, and Hardaway. They can all play alongside each other. We have other issues to address, but he is still too good to pass up in the 7-9 range.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/21/2018  5:29 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
2/22/2018  3:30 AM
martin wrote:

We have an absolute must lose game up next vs the magic - counts as a double loss (win) as magic are ahead of us in the tank standings. If we're serious about tanking we have to lose it. So we will no doubt go for the win

Knixkik
USA
2/22/2018  10:12 AM
Mikal Bridges with more hot shooting last night. It's going to be tough to pass up on the guy who is possibly the best defender and one of the best shooters in the entire draft at a position of need.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/22/2018  9:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
rpknicks wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I do like him....

Robinson the most under rated player in the nation. Has to be a top 15 player. This is his buddy Ky Bowman--also a very intriguing prospect for NBA with his athletic ability and speed. Not shooting as good as freshmen season but hes already proven he can. If we do have that 50 pick from LA if he comes out--might be a nice pick from the PG position that late if a couple of others are gone

I like this kid....playground kind of shame and bake game...athletic too....how tall?

BRIGGS
2/23/2018  12:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2018  12:31 PM
New top 10

#1 Aayton
#2 Bagley
#3 Carter
#4 Porter
#5 Young
#6 Doncic
#7 Sexton
#8 Bamba
#9 Jackson
#10 Knox

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/23/2018  1:49 AM
BRIGGS wrote:New top 10

#1 Aayton
#2 Bagley
#3 Carter
#4 Porter
#5 Sexton
#6 Doncic
#7 Young
#8 Bamba
#9 Jackson
#10 Knox

Wouldn't mind putting Jackson next to KP long term. 2 mobile big men who can spread to 3 and defend interior

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
2/23/2018  4:02 AM
Every tanking team lost last night except us who won and so down to 10th we have plummeted.
Knixkik
USA
2/23/2018  9:41 AM

#1 Aayton
#2 Bagley
#3 Carter
#4 Porter
#5 Sexton
#6 Doncic
#7 Young
#8 Bamba
#9 Jackson
#10 Knox

You hated Sexton before, what changed? Also, how can Mikal Bridges not be in your top 10? He checks off every box you want. Shooting, defense, athleticism, high bb iq, winner. Only thing is playmaking, but he has improved in that area this year. His downside is 3 and D starting SF. His upside is star.

smackeddog
2/23/2018  11:51 AM
Only tank game tonight is Lakers vs Mavs, the rest of the bum teams are against good teams should all lose. If lakers win it solidifies us back into 9th spot
BRIGGS
2/23/2018  11:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2018  12:30 PM
Knixkik wrote:

#1 Aayton
#2 Bagley
#3 Carter
#4 Porter
#5 Young
#6 Doncic
#7 Sexton
#8 Bamba
#9 Jackson
#10 Knox

You hated Sexton before, what changed? Also, how can Mikal Bridges not be in your top 10? He checks off every box you want. Shooting, defense, athleticism, high bb iq, winner. Only thing is playmaking, but he has improved in that area this year. His downside is 3 and D starting SF. His upside is star.

I made the same mistake with Mitchell that I was with Sexton this year. Sexton might have the strongest combination of athletic ability ball control and aggression--he is FAR behind Trae Young in pure skills and IQ--but as were watching with Mutchell the raw athleticism ball and body control paired with aggression is yielding the best player in the draft. They are all close--well get a good player. If we get Bridges--he'll be fine. I think if we can get a player who controls the dribble--Id like them first. But the more I look at it--were going to get a good player and thats what matters most.

Id still take Trae young over Sexton--I think once he gets to the pros--his real 3 point shooting skills will shione through

RIP Crushalot😞
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy