[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/18/2018  12:12 PM
anrst wrote:Miles Bridges ... not sure what is to like... he's extremely pedestrian.

Very low floor, very low ceiling.

I like his passion and drive, but I just think he's too short. I was high on Winslow a few years ago for much the same reasons, but I've learnt from my mistake!

AUTOADVERT
KnixinSix
Member: #5626

6/18/2018  3:39 PM
Based on a the latest clippings/reports here's my best stab at

Knicks Big Board:

1. Ayrton Chance at #9 -0%
2. Doncic Chance at #9 -0% (chance in top 4 -50%)
3. Begley Chance at #9 -0%
4. JJJ Chance at #9 -0%
5. Porter Chance at #9 – 20% (could be off the board entirely with injury drama stuff)
6. Young Chance at #9 -25% (interest Hawks #3, Magic #6, Bulls #7,Cleveland #8)
7. Carter Chance at #9- 40%
8. Bamba Chance at #9- 30% (down this low due to limited offensive upside)
9. Knox Chance at 9- 70% (interest Bulls #7)
10. Walker Chance at #9-85%

*Guys in bold are the guys who have a pretty decent shot to be there at #9 (above 40%) that I think the Knicks are high on.

On KEVIN KNOX I attribute the supposed 'lack of motor' and bouts of inconsistency to his youth and 1st year playing in a bigtime program . I still think he is finding himself as a player. He is the second youngest entry in this entire draft. Nothing is guaranteed, but This is the type of 'find' that goes top 3 next year because you actually start to see the immense upside with 1 extra year in College.

smackeddog
6/18/2018  5:38 PM
It’s weird how Shai Gilgeous-Alexander doesn’t seem to have done any workouts
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/18/2018  5:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:It’s weird how Shai Gilgeous-Alexander doesn’t seem to have done any workouts
I am surprised there aren't more concerns about his weight. He is built like MCW, and weighs only 3 lbs more than Trae Young.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
6/18/2018  6:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:It’s weird how Shai Gilgeous-Alexander doesn’t seem to have done any workouts
I am surprised there aren't more concerns about his weight. He is built like MCW, and weighs only 3 lbs more than Trae Young.

As far as I can gather, he did measurements at the combine but no testing.he didn’t disclose which teams he was interviewed by there, and hasn’t revealed any workouts whatsoever since. He must have a promise, but I don’t get why he wouldn’t have even tried to move up or improve his stock.

Mike1989
Member: #8627

6/18/2018  6:50 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

As far as I can gather, he did measurements at the combine but no testing.he didn’t disclose which teams he was interviewed by there, and hasn’t revealed any workouts whatsoever since. He must have a promise, but I don’t get why he wouldn’t have even tried to move up or improve his stock.

Depends if he wants to go to the team that's given him the promise. Let's say the Clippers promise to take him 12/13 and that's where he wants to go, why bother working out to improve your stock if that's the place you want to be?

Obviously there's risk if the team goes back on their promise because someone else falls (e.g. the Clippers might prefer Sexton but think he'll be gone), but that's the chance you take.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/18/2018  7:28 PM
At the end of the day SGA is going to be the best PG in this draft
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
6/18/2018  7:48 PM
Givony said if Trae is there he is hearing the Knicks might not take him. He said he is hearing Sexton or Knox. He said Trae isn't a Fiz type player. Givony also said that when he said Knox workout he said he knew he would go a lot higher then they had him at the time (14?). He said Knox had an amazing workout. He also talked a bit about how messed up the system was at Kentucky this year. Givony was on Lowe's podcast today.
KnixinSix
Member: #5626

6/18/2018  8:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Givony said if Trae is there he is hearing the Knicks might not take him. He said he is hearing Sexton or Knox. He said Trae isn't a Fiz type player. Givony also said that when he said Knox workout he said he knew he would go a lot higher then they had him at the time (14?). He said Knox had an amazing workout. He also talked a bit about how messed up the system was at Kentucky this year. Givony was on Lowe's podcast today.

Sexton is a name that has been popping up today. Wonder if he is above or below Knox in the pecking order.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/19/2018  9:46 AM
smackeddog wrote:
anrst wrote:Miles Bridges ... not sure what is to like... he's extremely pedestrian.

Very low floor, very low ceiling.

I like his passion and drive, but I just think he's too short. I was high on Winslow a few years ago for much the same reasons, but I've learnt from my mistake!

this is actually an interesting comparison. As fans we can get hypnotized by the fact that a player came from a well coached and successful team. When teams have 4,5 or more NBA caliber talent players on their squad they all end up looking good. I think that's a problem with Duke in general. More misses than hits (especially when calibrated for expectations)

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/19/2018  9:53 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

FranklyI don't get this he "must have a promise" stuff. It makes sense to me when discussing a player remaining in the draft, but if the player knows he's going to be drafted why wouldn't he be doing everything possible to get drafted higher?

Honest question. I don't see the strategic benefit (maybe player is more into winning and trying to discourage the perennial losing franchises??)

(5)(5)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/19/2018  11:24 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Givony said if Trae is there he is hearing the Knicks might not take him. He said he is hearing Sexton or Knox. He said Trae isn't a Fiz type player. Givony also said that when he said Knox workout he said he knew he would go a lot higher then they had him at the time (14?). He said Knox had an amazing workout. He also talked a bit about how messed up the system was at Kentucky this year. Givony was on Lowe's podcast today.
Just one of like 10 logical reasons the Knicks wont take him at 9. No way we dont take a player with a high defensive upside at 9. There is just no way.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/19/2018  1:02 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

6/19/2018  1:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/19/2018  1:04 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

6/19/2018  1:04 PM
Cartman718

6/19/2018  1:05 PM
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/19/2018  2:54 PM
Mike1989 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Depends if he wants to go to the team that's given him the promise. Let's say the Clippers promise to take him 12/13 and that's where he wants to go, why bother working out to improve your stock if that's the place you want to be?

Obviously there's risk if the team goes back on their promise because someone else falls (e.g. the Clippers might prefer Sexton but think he'll be gone), but that's the chance you take.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article213337739.html

Back in May at the NBA’s draft combine, Kentucky point guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander mentioned he was training in Los Angeles, and he’d enjoy it if he ended up playing there.

In that same interview, Gilgeous-Alexander repeatedly declined to say which NBA teams he met with at the combine.

Looking back, that seems telling. There have been no reports of Gilgeous-Alexander working out for any team leading up to Thursday’s draft, including the Charlotte Hornets at No. 11. That would suggest, based on similar instances in the past, that a team has promised to select Gilgeous-Alexander and asked him or his agent not to audition for other teams.

Could that team be the Los Angeles Clippers, who pick 12th and 13th, right after the Hornets?

Gilgeous-Alexander, a 6-6 guard with a nearly 7-foot wingspan, has the length and defensive versatility to help the Hornets. NBA teams aren’t typically deterred from drafting a player because that player didn’t come in for a workout. But the minor mystery concerning Gilgeous-Alexander’s low profile figures to be a topic of conversation when he and other projected first-round picks arrive in New York this week for the draft.

Gilgeous-Alexander wasn’t even a starter initially in his one college season at Kentucky. A Canadian from the Toronto area, he finished high school in Chattanooga, Tenn., before going to Lexington. By the end of last season, he was Kentucky’s top player. His defense is his top attribute, but his fluidity off the dribble creates good penetration into the lane, where he can feed open teammates or score on his own

“I think I translate really well to the (NBA) level with there being so much more space on the floor” surrounded by better 3-point shooting, Gilgeous-Alexander said in Chicago during the combine. “I feel it will only benefit me in my abilities to get in the lane and make plays.”

Gilgeous-Alexander comes across as cerebral and inquisitive about basketball. He was known to pepper Kentucky coach John Calipari with questions about the game.

Calipari, who has coached in the NBA, has a strong track record of developing pro point guards, particularly in dribble-drive tactics.

“You could say John Wall and Brandon Knight, and he had Tyreke Evans and Derrick Rose” at Memphis, Gilgeous-Alexander said of Calipari’s point guard successes. “He does a really good job with point guards, getting them ready for that next level in a short amount of time.”

At 180 pounds, Gilgeous-Alexander needs to gain weight and strength. His 3-point percentage was good at Kentucky (40 percent), but he took only 1 ½ 3s per game there. Still, what he does offer in a league stressing switching defenses is valuable.

“My ability to create off the dribble and defend multiple positions,” Gilgeous-Alexander said of his assets. “There are a lot of teams switching pick-and-roll, so my ability to guard my position and switch really helps an organization.”

Rick Bonnell: , 704-358-5129; @rick_bonnell

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
6/19/2018  5:15 PM
WaltLongmire

6/19/2018  5:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

SGA being picked before our slot would be significant in terms of pushing somebody back to our position who we weren't expecting...
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

6/19/2018  5:50 PM
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy