[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/14/2018  1:45 PM
They also would be able to resign Tyreke.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

6/14/2018  1:48 PM
This draft class has to have the worst haircuts of all time.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/14/2018  3:52 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/14/2018  4:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/14/2018  5:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Only if Doncic drops to 4. Then get it done. I believe THjr & #9 will be better then most teams have to offer behind us in terms of only having to drop 5 spots and still getting a quality player back.

Clippers can overpay and trade Tobias & #13 though.

Edit Luka or Jackson

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/14/2018  5:58 PM
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/14/2018  8:04 PM

I agree about Miles. Haven't seen the other two to know if this is accurate.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/14/2018  10:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I wish I could get excited about Miles...I just can't.

Just over 6'5" w/o shoes, average wingspan, average ball handler, and a jumper that might give him issues against taller players. Good athlete, tough kid, but MSU was lying about his height.

He lost weight...is he hoping to be able to play at SG?

Wouldn't go crazy if we took him, but wouldn't be jumping for joy, either.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Cartman718

6/15/2018  8:59 AM
I dont know if anyone said this on here already but there's no way we draft Michael Porter Jr. If we had to go that route, wouldn't we have gone Dennis Smith Jr? I feel that management is looking for players that can remain Knicks for a long time, not get traded to get rid of them after a few years.

My guess is Dallas takes him to pair with DSJr

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/15/2018  11:32 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I wish I could get excited about Miles...I just can't.

Just over 6'5" w/o shoes, average wingspan, average ball handler, and a jumper that might give him issues against taller players. Good athlete, tough kid, but MSU was lying about his height.

He lost weight...is he hoping to be able to play at SG?

Wouldn't go crazy if we took him, but wouldn't be jumping for joy, either.

How did MSU lie about his height. Most measurements are given with shoes and Miles measured 6'7" in shoes. Look at Lance Thomas is you want to get a sense of how Miles will look on an NBA court. His release looks fairly quick and compact, so I don't think he'll have much trouble getting it off. Plus, he's a lefty.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/15/2018  12:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2018  12:29 PM
New video from his pro day:

Interesting stuff. If Carter and Young are gone, then I maybe have Knox as my 3rd choice, just above Mikal.

The main question mark is around his motor- I think maybe his blank face or lack of expressions may make him look lower intensity than he is, but at the same time what he thinks is him working hard might not be what the nba considers working hard.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/15/2018  1:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:New video from his pro day:

Interesting stuff. If Carter and Young are gone, then I maybe have Knox as my 3rd choice, just above Mikal.

The main question mark is around his motor- I think maybe his blank face or lack of expressions may make him look lower intensity than he is, but at the same time what he thinks is him working hard might not be what the nba considers working hard.

does anyone remember Sam Perkins? Wouldn't mind that. On the flip side, never-nervous Pervis Ellison also had questions about motor and he was very disappointing.

personally I want someone who can dribble and pass -- make the offense a little more dynamic and flexible

(5)(5)
smackeddog
6/15/2018  1:11 PM
Chandler wrote:

does anyone remember Sam Perkins? Wouldn't mind that. On the flip side, never-nervous Pervis Ellison also had questions about motor and he was very disappointing.

personally I want someone who can dribble and pass -- make the offense a little more dynamic and flexible

He could be great or he could very easily turn out to be one of those disappointing SF/PF hybrids like Rudy Gay or Marvin Williams except less athletic! I really can't make up my mind on him!

Cartman718

6/15/2018  1:33 PM
Do we trade #9 for this?
Cartman718

6/15/2018  1:48 PM
People close to Kawhi Leonard want him traded to the Knicks, think that is best for his career
(Via ESPN).
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/15/2018  2:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2018  2:23 PM
Heard that Porter jr. missed his second workout because of hip issues, couldnt even get out of bed. Dont want the Knicks picking this kid. It could be a fake out. Sure dont want the Knicks to take that chance. Feels more like Gallo again, with each passing day.
Cartman718

6/15/2018  2:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Heard that Porter jr. missed his second workout because of hip issues, couldnt even get out of bed. Dont want the Knicks picking this kid. It could be a fake out. Sure dont want the Knicks to take that chance. Feels more like Gallo again, with each passing day.

dallas will take him since they took DSJr

smackeddog
6/15/2018  2:31 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Heard that Porter jr. missed his second workout because of hip issues, couldnt even get out of bed. Dont want the Knicks picking this kid. It could be a fake out. Sure dont want the Knicks to take that chance. Feels more like Gallo again, with each passing day.

dallas will take him since they took DSJr

And signed wes Mathew's post acl tear, and want to sign Cousin's this offseason

smackeddog
6/15/2018  2:33 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Do we trade #9 for this?

Nope! Either he waits until he's a FA or no deal, I'm not falling for that again. Besides which Sham says he wants NY, Woj says LA, I suspect his people leaked both to maximise media attention and pressure on the spurs.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/15/2018  2:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:

He could be great or he could very easily turn out to be one of those disappointing SF/PF hybrids like Rudy Gay or Marvin Williams except less athletic! I really can't make up my mind on him!

Not for nothing but if Rudy Gay/Marvin Williams is the floor thats pretty good. I mean those guys didnt have the high impact you hope (Gay I think mostly because of injuries) but they were still solid NBA players.

My only expectation is we draft someone with a very high defensive ceiling. If Fizdale is bringing that Riley mentality our front office better draft a kid who can handle it.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/15/2018  3:11 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Not for nothing but if Rudy Gay/Marvin Williams is the floor thats pretty good. I mean those guys didnt have the high impact you hope (Gay I think mostly because of injuries) but they were still solid NBA players.

My only expectation is we draft someone with a very high defensive ceiling. If Fizdale is bringing that Riley mentality our front office better draft a kid who can handle it.

I'd say Charlie Villanueva is his floor. I don't think he'll be that useless, but it's a possibility. He should more in college, but can't blame him for leaving.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy