[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

6/12/2018  3:47 PM
MPJr could very well be there for us. There are about 10 top prospects this year and Porter is the only one with questionable health issues so why would 1-8 take a chance on him? We might have a chance at the best talent in this draft or lose bigtime. We need to do our due diligence on his health!
AUTOADVERT
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/12/2018  5:09 PM
where are the instances of a guy with a big injury red flag in the draft panning out and meeting or exceeding expectations.

embid?

anyone else?

Mike1989
Member: #8627

6/12/2018  5:54 PM
A mock draft on CBSsports today...

#1 Ayton, Suns
#2 Bagley, Kings
#3 Doncic, Hawks
#4 Porter, Grizzlies
#5 JJJ, Mavericks
#6 Young, Magic
#7 Sexton, Bulls
#8 Miles Bridges, Cavaliers
#9 Mohamed Bamba, Knicks

"The Knicks aren't giving up on Frank Ntilikina or Emmanuel Mudiay just yet, which means they have the luxury of grabbing Mo Bamba -- who surprisingly falls to them at No.9 and is the clear-cut best available prospect on the board at that spot. Bamba's rim-protecting big man with an endless wingspan who, alongside Kristaps Porzingis, will help make up the most terrifyingly long frontcurt in the league."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2018-nba-mock-draft-bamba-falls-to-knicks-sexton-and-young-battle-for-top-pg-in-latest-projection/

If the actual draft mirrors this I would be a very happy guy indeed because Bamba and KP would be an excellent combination to build our front court around.

reub

6/12/2018  6:26 PM
Mike1989 wrote:A mock draft on CBSsports today...

#1 Ayton, Suns
#2 Bagley, Kings
#3 Doncic, Hawks
#4 Porter, Grizzlies
#5 JJJ, Mavericks
#6 Young, Magic
#7 Sexton, Bulls
#9 Mohamed Bamba, Knicks

"The Knicks aren't giving up on Frank Ntilikina or Emmanuel Mudiay just yet, which means they have the luxury of grabbing Mo Bamba -- who surprisingly falls to them at No.9 and is the clear-cut best available prospect on the board at that spot. Bamba's rim-protecting big man with an endless wingspan who, alongside Kristaps Porzingis, will help make up the most terrifyingly long frontcurt in the league."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2018-nba-mock-draft-bamba-falls-to-knicks-sexton-and-young-battle-for-top-pg-in-latest-projection/

If the actual draft mirrors this I would be a very happy guy indeed because Bamba and KP would be an excellent combination to build our front court around.

Bamba will go to the Mavs.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/12/2018  6:48 PM
reub wrote:

#1 Ayton, Suns
#2 Bagley, Kings
#3 Doncic, Hawks
#4 Porter, Grizzlies
#5 JJJ, Mavericks
#6 Young, Magic
#7 Sexton, Bulls
#9 Mohamed Bamba, Knicks

...Bamba is impressive...I might take Carter, anyway.

Really like his game in the post...looks good now and will get much better, and with the range on his J, he can be a versatile offensive player who can work with KP.

Just like I said at 8 last year, we have a lot of choices at 9, no matter what happens ahead of our pick.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/12/2018  8:01 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Pick #36?

Turned 22 in April

Interesting story from during the college season.

His 3pt shooting really dropped from 2016/7 to 2017/2018...from 38% to 28%, though his FT shooting went up about 80%.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/01/30/alize-johnson-missouri-state-basketball-rebounding-nba-draft

[size=2]By JEREMY FUCHS January 30, 2018
It’s 2011 and Alize Johnson is a 5’9” guard. He’s at St. John Neumann High in Williamsport, Pa., and he’s trying to improve his game. “I remember working on my handle and trying to become a really great passer, because I knew how small I was,” he says.

He loves basketball, and realizes his height might limit him. So what do you? If you’re anything like Alize Johnson, you get lucky. Johnson grew nearly a foot by the time he was a senior in high school. “My mom says one time she came into the house, she saw me lying on the couch and she thought it was a burglar because she didn’t know who I was,” he says. “I kind of don’t believe it.”

Now 6’9”, Johnson is a power forward at Missouri State averaging 11.6 rebounds per game, fifth-best in the nation. Averaging a double-double, the senior is gaining buzz as a potential first round pick, and leading a Missouri State team that has a solid shot at winning its conference tournament. Not bad for a self-proclaimed underdog.

https://dailyknicks.com/2018/06/12/knicks-rumors-alize-johnson-work-nyk/

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/12/2018  8:10 PM
Two of my favorite draft guys. Haven't listened yet but I always enjoy their stuff.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/13/2018  2:38 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Pick #36?

Turned 22 in April

Interesting story from during the college season.

His 3pt shooting really dropped from 2016/7 to 2017/2018...from 38% to 28%, though his FT shooting went up about 80%.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/01/30/alize-johnson-missouri-state-basketball-rebounding-nba-draft

[size=2]By JEREMY FUCHS January 30, 2018
It’s 2011 and Alize Johnson is a 5’9” guard. He’s at St. John Neumann High in Williamsport, Pa., and he’s trying to improve his game. “I remember working on my handle and trying to become a really great passer, because I knew how small I was,” he says.

He loves basketball, and realizes his height might limit him. So what do you? If you’re anything like Alize Johnson, you get lucky. Johnson grew nearly a foot by the time he was a senior in high school. “My mom says one time she came into the house, she saw me lying on the couch and she thought it was a burglar because she didn’t know who I was,” he says. “I kind of don’t believe it.”

Now 6’9”, Johnson is a power forward at Missouri State averaging 11.6 rebounds per game, fifth-best in the nation. Averaging a double-double, the senior is gaining buzz as a potential first round pick, and leading a Missouri State team that has a solid shot at winning its conference tournament. Not bad for a self-proclaimed underdog.

https://dailyknicks.com/2018/06/12/knicks-rumors-alize-johnson-work-nyk/

Draftnet has him going in the 50's at this point, maybe he goes undrafted. Would like to have seen him compete with Knox and Miles Bridges when they were working out for us.

Wonder if he's someone Clarence Gaines might have scouted...he's been good at finding decent under the radar players, who, at the very least, can compete for a roster spot.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/13/2018  4:26 AM
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/13/2018  5:52 PM
reub wrote:

#1 Ayton, Suns
#2 Bagley, Kings
#3 Doncic, Hawks
#4 Porter, Grizzlies
#5 JJJ, Mavericks
#6 Young, Magic
#7 Sexton, Bulls
#9 Mohamed Bamba, Knicks

Take it to the bank! Also, No way Griz pick porter ahead of JJJ after the workouts he has had

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/13/2018  5:57 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
reub wrote:

#1 Ayton, Suns
#2 Bagley, Kings
#3 Doncic, Hawks
#4 Porter, Grizzlies
#5 JJJ, Mavericks
#6 Young, Magic
#7 Sexton, Bulls
#9 Mohamed Bamba, Knicks

Take it to the bank! Also, No way Griz pick porter ahead of JJJ after the workouts he has had. We of course have the 9th pick in a 8 player draft. Tier 1 is 1-5, then tier 2 is 6, 7, 8( young, porter, carter). The next tier is probably 10-15 players. Thats why is no one drops from the other tiers then wise to trade down if can get the right deal.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
reub

6/13/2018  7:11 PM
I'm leaning towards Knox or Porter. I don't want any guards and I don't want wings without the wingspan. They both are sized properly and can shoot the lights out.
reub

6/13/2018  8:38 PM
Kevin O'Connor is saying the Knicks like Knox. I do too.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/13/2018  11:22 PM
Knox is as raw as fresh meat
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/14/2018  12:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/14/2018  12:16 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:Knox is as raw as fresh meat

Mentally soft

I'm hopeful for one of Young or Carter. After that I'd like to trade down for Huerter-- maybe I can pick up both Hutchinson and Huerter?

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/14/2018  3:30 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:Knox is as raw as fresh meat

But the whole point of Fizdale and his assistant coach hires is to prioritise player development, which is why I don't think we'd be put off by taking a project. Still, as Knox worked out with that group of Miles Bridges, etc I think we'd mainly consider Knox as a second first round pick, if we could land one.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/14/2018  8:17 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/06/14/nba-mock-draft-2018-deandre-ayton-to-go-no-1-but-then-what/?utm_term=.7169030f4984

Phoenix Suns: Deandre Ayton, C, Arizona

The Suns have worked out several players, and Coach Igor Kokoskov has ties to the other top candidate, Slovenian sensation Luka Doncic, who is still playing in Europe and thus hasn’t worked out in Phoenix. But Ayton feels like he’ll be the pick. He’s a physical specimen, and it can’t be overstated that Suns owner Robert Sarver is a prominent Arizona booster and alum.

2. Sacramento Kings: Luka Doncic, SF, Real Madrid

There has been a lot of talk lately about Doncic slipping out of the top three — and, equally, about a lot of teams attempting to trade up to get their hands on him. That said, I can’t see a scenario in which the Kings, a team run in part by a pair of Serbians in Vlade Divac and Peja Stojakovic, pass on a potential superstar from the Balkans.

3. Atlanta Hawks: Jaren Jackson, Jr., PF/C, Michigan State

Expected to be the youngest player drafted, Jackson, 18, projects to be an intriguing prospect as a 40 percent shooter from three (80 percent at the free throw line) who can also block shots and switch screens. That is exactly what every team is looking for in today’s NBA — something Hawks General Manager Travis Schlenk, who spent a long time in Golden State, knows better than just about anyone.

[At the NBA draft combine, mystery is more valuable than getting on the court]

4. Memphis Grizzlies: Marvin Bagley III, PF/C, Duke

With owner Robert Pera saying this week he thinks his team can win 50-plus games next season, it would make sense for Memphis to find a player who complements veterans Mike Conley and Marc Gasol. Bagley would be able to step in next to Gasol at power forward on Day 1.

5. Dallas Mavericks: Mohamed Bamba, C, Texas

A massive human being, Bamba has intrigued plenty of teams at the top of the draft. He also is the type of prospect with massive boom-or-bust potential. Still, given how long Dallas has been searching for an anchor in the middle, bringing Bamba north from Austin feels like the pick here.

6. Orlando Magic: Trae Young, PG, Oklahoma

This is where things could start getting weird. Bamba could be an Orlando pick if he’s on the board. Duke center Wendell Carter would also make sense. But for a team desperate for scoring, star power and a point guard, we’ll put Young here.

7. Chicago Bulls: Michael Porter Jr., SF/PF, Missouri

Assuming Porter’s medicals check out, it feels like this will be his floor in the draft. Chicago really needs a dynamic wing player, and Porter was projected to go in the top three before he suffered a back injury.

8. Cleveland Cavaliers (from Brooklyn Nets): Wendell Carter Jr., C, Duke

The Cavaliers would love to have either Young or Porter sitting on the board here — and if Carter goes to Orlando, they almost certainly will. In this case, though, Carter will go to Cleveland — giving the Cavaliers a skilled, long big who could wind up better than Bagley long-term.

9. New York Knicks: Mikal Bridges, SF, Villanova

Like Cleveland, New York would probably love to get its hands on Porter or Young — or potentially even move up and snag Doncic. With those options not likely to present themselves, though, giving David Fizdale a mature wing such as Bridges, who can step in and immediately knock down threes and play defense, will help the new coach establish a culture.

10. Philadelphia 76ers (from Los Angeles Lakers): Zhaire Smith, SF, Texas Tech

Smith has skyrocketed up draft boards in recent weeks and now appears to have a shot at making it into the lottery. This may be ambitious, but for a team that needs more athleticism and shooting on the wings, Smith would be an intriguing long-term swing to pair with Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid and, if he can get his shot right, Markelle Fultz.

11. Charlotte Hornets: Collin Sexton, PG, Alabama

Originally expected to be a top 10 pick, Sexton has dropped a bit in recent weeks. Still, his personality and game will give Charlotte a fallback option if General Manager Mitch Kupchak considers trading Kemba Walker this summer — as, given how the team’s long-term prospects look, he’d be wise to do.

12. Los Angeles Clippers (from Detroit Pistons): Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, PG, Kentucky

Alexander went from an off-the-radar secondary prospect to arguably Kentucky’s best NBA talent this season, capped by an impressive showing in the NCAA tournament. He could become the long-term successor to Chris Paul in Los Angeles.

13. Los Angeles Clippers: Lonnie Walker, SG, Miami

With a second straight pick, the Clippers can get another long-armed, long-term prospect in their backcourt. Gilgeous-Alexander and Walker could become a fearsome defensive tandem in time and give the Clippers something to build on moving forward amid a lot of roster uncertainty.

14. Denver Nuggets: Kevin Knox, SF/PF, Kentucky

Every team is searching for combo forwards, but Denver, in particular, is in need after cycling through many options this season. Knox is young, as is much of Denver’s core. Despite consistency issues, he has a lot of talent.

15. Washington Wizards: Keita Bates-Diop, SF, Ohio State

This spot could go in a few directions. Smith will be a consideration if he’s on the board, as could Knox and Troy Brown. But Bates-Diop should be able to immediately step in and provide shooting and defense on the wings, plus true size to defend big forwards — something the Wizards need in a bad way.

[Billy Preston, somewhat of a basketball mystery, works out for the Wizards]

16. Phoenix Suns (from Miami Heat): Jerome Robinson, PG, Boston College

With Phoenix going with Ayton over Doncic at the top of the draft, Robinson would be an intriguing pick here as a long-term piece next to Devin Booker in Phoenix’s backcourt. His skills would complement Booker nicely, and it would help adding an older player (Robinson is 21) to a team that already has so much youth.

17. Milwaukee Bucks: Miles Bridges, SF/PF, Michigan State

Bridges slips out of the lottery, where he’s always been expected to go. If he does, it would be Milwaukee’s benefit, as he’s the kind of versatile, jack-of-all trades player the Bucks need to fit around Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton — and, more importantly, one who can play right away.

18. San Antonio Spurs: Troy Brown, SG, Oregon

Brown could go anywhere in the teens, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see him land a few spots higher. The Spurs desperately need athleticism on the wings, no matter what happens with Kawhi Leonard, and Brown has a lot of long-term potential — particularly if his shot improves. There would be no one better for him to be paired with than Spurs shooting coach Chip Engelland.

19. Atlanta Hawks: Dzanan Musa, SF, Cedevita (Croatia)

A 6-foot-9 forward with a 7-foot wingspan, Musa would be another long-term pick to pair with Jackson atop the draft for Atlanta, which has three first-round selections.

20. Minnesota Timberwolves (from Oklahoma City Thunder: Chandler Hutchison, SG/SF, Boise State

Hutchison canceled workouts and skipped the combine among rumors of getting a promise from a team. And while Minnesota hasn’t been linked with those rumors, the Timberwolves taking him here would make a ton of sense. The Wolves need scoring on the wing, and depth there in general. Plus, as a 22-year-old senior, he should be ready to play for Coach Tom Thibodeau.

21. Utah Jazz: Kevin Huerter, SG, Maryland

Heading into the combine, it wasn’t clear if Huerter was going to stay in the draft. But a terrific week in Chicago convinced him to move on from being a Terrapin. Now it’s just a question of where he lands in the first round – with Utah, a fan of his, a logical destination.

[Kevin Huerter to remain in NBA draft, leaving Maryland after two seasons]

22. Chicago Bulls (from New Orleans Pelicans): Robert Williams, PF/C, Texas A&M

Williams could have come out last year but didn’t. Then he had a bit of an up-and-down season at Texas A&M before deciding to come out this year — only to then skip the combine and then change agents. While it would be surprising for him to fall this far, it wouldn’t be shocking, given the needs of the teams ahead of him and the odd nature of his past year.

23. Indiana Pacers: Aaron Holiday, PG, UCLA

The Pacers could use a long-term option at point guard, and Holiday — the younger brother of NBA guards Jrue and Justin — would be a nice fit. He should be a good complement to Victor Oladipo.

24. Portland Trail Blazers: Jacob Evans, SF, Cincinnati

Assuming Portland keeps Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum, they need more help on the wing — and, in particular, shooting and defense. Enter Evans, who feels like a potential long-term version of Trevor Ariza, who has basically become the model for “three-and-D” players in today’s NBA.

25. Los Angeles Lakers (from Cleveland Cavaliers): De’Anthony Melton, PG/SG, USC

The Lakers should know as much about Melton as anyone after the player was shut down early last season because of the FBI’s probe into college basketball. But his defensive versatility makes sense in Los Angeles whether the Lakers strike it rich in free agency or not.

26. Philadelphia 76ers: Donte DiVincenzo, PG/SG, Villanova

This would be a fun story, with DiVincenzo staying in Philadelphia after winning a national title for Villanova. It also makes sense. The Sixers need more depth on the perimeter, and having first Smith and now DiVincenzo to play on the wings would go a long way toward getting it.

27. Boston Celtics: Grayson Allen, SG, Duke

Allen was one of the big winners at the combine, impressing with his athleticism. More importantly for Boston, though, he can give a team that lacked scoring in the playoffs an added boost — and should be ready to step in right away on a contending team.

[The case for the Celtics to consider a Kyrie Irving trade this summer]

28. Golden State Warriors: Melvin Frazier, SF, Tulane

The Warriors would likely be happy with any of the four players taken prior, as the goal here has to be additional wing help. Frazier played for longtime NBA coach Mike Dunleavy Sr. at Tulane, and as a 6-foot-6 wing with a 7-foot-2 wingspan, he’s exactly the kind of player Golden State needs.

29. Brooklyn Nets (from Toronto Raptors): Josh Okogie, SG, Georgia Tech

The Nets will be looking for upside here, and Okogie could provide it. A long, positionally versatile player, he could slot into one of a few spots in Brooklyn’s backcourt under Coach Kenny Atkinson, as the Nets finally escape from being under the weight of the Celtics trade.

30. Atlanta Hawks (from Houston Rockets): Elie Okobo, PG, Pau-Orthez (France)

Sense a theme here? The Hawks, who already went with young, long-term plays in Jackson and Musa in this draft, take another one in this French point guard who appears set on coming to the NBA next season. He shot over 40 percent from three last season in France and could be a long-term replacement for out-of-favor point guard Dennis Schroder.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/14/2018  1:09 PM
interesting chart on small forwards for this draft
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/14/2018  1:29 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/14/2018  1:43 PM
The Bulls are the only team that has his(Porter)medical records and he is pulling out of workouts. Safe to say Bulls have him locked in at #7 unless a team in the top 6 takes the gamble. Him going to 7 would solidify Carter being there at 9 imo

Question is if Doncic somehow is there at 4. Would we be able to do that Thjr and #9 for Parsons & #4. Memphis talking about making the playoffs next year. They could come away with Thjr & Bridges. Which would be 2 immediate contributors.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy