[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

6/9/2018  6:41 PM
Who/what would they trade to move up?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/9/2018  7:14 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Who/what would they trade to move up?

They have the goods

To get 1

RIP Crushalot😞
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/9/2018  10:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

They have the goods

To get 1

I read their #16, Marquis Chriss, and #31

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/9/2018  11:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

They have the goods

To get 1

they haven't made a good move since trading for nash

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/10/2018  12:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

They have the goods

To get 1

So what are you saying? They are due?
Unlucky? Stupid?

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/10/2018  2:22 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

They have the goods

To get 1

Marquis Chris has looked pretty bad and seemed to get worse in his second year. I just don't see any top 6 or 7 team being willing to trade their pick for that package

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/10/2018  8:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/10/2018  8:31 AM
smackeddog wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

They have the goods

To get 1

Marquis Chris has looked pretty bad and seemed to get worse in his second year. I just don't see any top 6 or 7 team being willing to trade their pick for that package

I'll do pick 9 for Jackson and 31 if trae young is gone

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/10/2018  2:14 PM
Good article on Miles. I think he might be the guy for the Knicks if he is there at 9. Young or Carter would make the decision very tough though.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/7/17435766/miles-bridges-nba-draft-2018-lottery
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/10/2018  3:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

They have the goods

To get 1

Unlucky? Stupid?

They signed Steve Nash. Trading Joe Johnson for Bell & Diaw also proved to be a good move.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
6/10/2018  3:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Good article on Miles. I think he might be the guy for the Knicks if he is there at 9. Young or Carter would make the decision very tough though.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/7/17435766/miles-bridges-nba-draft-2018-lottery

Yea good article. I wouldn't be mad at selecting Miles. Multiple positional defense, IQ, and 3 point shot, with an NBA body, only 20 yrs old.

He would mainly need to work on his ball handling ability. But the fact that he can isolate his focus to mainly that since he has so much else going for him means he can accelerate that development.

Mike1989
Member: #8627

6/10/2018  3:31 PM
In regards to a possible trade involving the Suns and ourselves, we could go for a package like the following...

They receive
- #9 pick
- Courtney Lee

Why?

If Trae Young is there at #9 they will get the point guard they want. This would give them a starting unit of Trae Young, Devin Booker, Josh Jackson, Chriss/Bender, DeAndre Ayton.

The inclusion of Courtney Lee is to balance salaries and gives them a veteran 3-and-D player for their bench unit. Their second unit would include: Brandon Knight, Troy Daniels, Courtney Lee, Jared Dudley, Tyson Chandler.

My assumption is that the Suns will try to get better next season and make a jump similar to Timberwolves did going from 16 wins to 29 wins. Ideally they would net more wins than but this deal gets them two top ten picks and a valuable veteran. It also clears the path to a starting place for Josh Jackson at SF.

We receive
- #16 pick + #31
- TJ Warren
- Marquese Chriss or Dragan Bender

Why?

If we don't believe Trae Young is a potential superstar, and we don't believe that the players available at #9 are going to be all stars, then we might as well trade back in order to acquire young talent and more assets.

On the player front TJ Warren gives us a player that averaged nearly 20 points per game last season and is on a reasonable contract. As for the other player, Chriss offers better rebounding and rim protection and could pair well with KP, while Bender offers better shooting and again could pair well with KP, either player would be a decent addition and we would be betting on a former top ten pick from 2016 coming good on their potential.

As for the draft picks we should be able to get a nice haul with #16, #31 and #36. We could even package them to move up back into the lottery or include them in trades in order to get upgrades that way. Lot's of options.

If we headed into next season with the following we would be in pretty good shape:

- PG: Ntilikina / Burke / Mudiay
- SG: Hardaway / Smith or Walker (#16) / Dotson / Baker
- SF: Warren / Vanderbilt (#36)
- PF: Chriss or Bender / Thomas / Wagner (#36)
- C: Kanter / Robinson (#31) / Noah

*Note: I've not included KP because I wouldn't play him next season unless he is 100% ready and we are in a play off fight

Zhaire Smith and Lonnie Walker both present excellent value at #16 and have a decent amount of upside. Okay so we have lot's of guards, but Baker and Mudiay will not be here this time next year unless they do something surprising. So potentially in the 19-20 season we would have Ntilikina and Burke rotating the point guard spot, with Hardaway and Smith/Walker rotating the shooting guard spot. Dotson is nice depth and does have enough size to log minutes at small forward in certain line ups. In an ideal world Kevin Knox, Miles Bridges or Robert Williams fall to #16 then we could snap one of them up.

As for the second round picks they really are tough to project. I looked at CBSsports' 60 pick mock draft and two names stood out to me. The first prospect is Mitchell Robinson. Now I have a feeling he'll go late in the first round but he might just be there at #31 because he's a risky selection because of the fact he didn't go to college. However, he ticks a lot of boxes for what teams look for and would be an ideal fit next to a healthy KP long term. The other name that stood out to me was Moritz Wagner. Now he's not the quickest player by any means, however he is a big guy that can shoot and has decent has decent handles for a big man. He's like a lot of European players with parts of his game but he would be an ideal fit for a second unit adding floor spacing and scoring potential. He could even develop into a potential starter next to Porzingis. Other options could be Mevlin Frazier (SF, Tulane), Justin Jackson (PF, Maryland), Jarred Vanderbilt (SF/PF, Kentucky)

Essentially in our position we should be in talent and asset acquisition mode. In this trade we get Courtney Lee's contract off the books, hopefully we can then get Noah's off the books soon after, and we can evaluate what we do with Kanter, Thomas and Hardaway at a later date. But if we don't think Trae is a superstar, then this trade sees us get a near 20 a night guy in Warren, a former top ten pick (Chriss or Bender), and two young prospects to add to our second round pick to add to the team. It could be a nice way to continue the rebuild if Fizdale and our front office put their mark on this team built around prospects they rate.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/10/2018  4:22 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

They have the goods

To get 1

Unlucky? Stupid?

They signed Steve Nash. Trading Joe Johnson for Bell & Diaw also proved to be a good move.

They also let Quentin Richardson go (to us, unfortunately), brought in Isaiah Thomas and got Goran Dragic for nothing.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/10/2018  4:27 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Good article on Miles. I think he might be the guy for the Knicks if he is there at 9. Young or Carter would make the decision very tough though.

Yea good article. I wouldn't be mad at selecting Miles. Multiple positional defense, IQ, and 3 point shot, with an NBA body, only 20 yrs old.

He would mainly need to work on his ball handling ability. But the fact that he can isolate his focus to mainly that since he has so much else going for him means he can accelerate that development.

To be honest, Miles has better creation skill than Mikal right now. There's been this misconception that he can't guard the perimeter. He's not Mikal in that regard, but he does a decent job. I agree, he would be a solid pick. Dude reportedly lost a significant amount of weight since college ended and his work ethic has never been questioned. I think our first priority should be a solid big tho.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Member: #6227

6/10/2018  4:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

To be honest, Miles has better creation skill than Mikal right now. There's been this misconception that he can't guard the perimeter. He's not Mikal in that regard, but he does a decent job. I agree, he would be a solid pick. Dude reportedly lost a significant amount of weight since college ended and his work ethic has never been questioned. I think our first priority should be a solid big tho.

True but his defense and play away from the ball is lacking and he's not long. I want guys who you could see playing for the Warriors. Mikal.
Mike1989
Member: #8627

6/10/2018  5:50 PM
reub wrote:True but his defense and play away from the ball is lacking and he's not long. I want guys who you could see playing for the Warriors. Mikal.

Obviously the Warriors are a great team, but you have to be careful when trying to replicate what other successful teams do because it is not always possible to do what they do on your team. It's like when people say let's draft Trae Young because he's like Stephen Curry, or let's pick Miles Bridges because if Draymond Green can play PF in today's NBA then Miles can. But the danger with that is we are trying to replicate a once in a generation team. How many current teams build around players that spent multiple years in college (Curry and Thompson played three years and Green played four years)?

I can't think of many teams that built around a trio of multiple year collegiate players. I don't think anyone tipped Draymond Green to be the player he is, or for Curry and Thompson to be as special as they have been. At the end of the day what the Warriors have built often happens once in a generation and is extremely hard to replicate. Now that's not to say you can't take pointers from them in what they look for but the danger in trying to pick players that they would pick and ignoring players they wouldn't pick is that you might end up missing or overlooking someone. Just because they do something doesn't mean we should. Yes take on board what they do well, but use it as part of the process because there are many ways to rebuild a team and we have to cherry pick the best bits and ultimately use them to form what we look for.

reub

6/10/2018  7:58 PM
Mike1989 wrote:
reub wrote:True but his defense and play away from the ball is lacking and he's not long. I want guys who you could see playing for the Warriors. Mikal.

Obviously the Warriors are a great team, but you have to be careful when trying to replicate what other successful teams do because it is not always possible to do what they do on your team. It's like when people say let's draft Trae Young because he's like Stephen Curry, or let's pick Miles Bridges because if Draymond Green can play PF in today's NBA then Miles can. But the danger with that is we are trying to replicate a once in a generation team. How many current teams build around players that spent multiple years in college (Curry and Thompson played three years and Green played four years)?

I can't think of many teams that built around a trio of multiple year collegiate players. I don't think anyone tipped Draymond Green to be the player he is, or for Curry and Thompson to be as special as they have been. At the end of the day what the Warriors have built often happens once in a generation and is extremely hard to replicate. Now that's not to say you can't take pointers from them in what they look for but the danger in trying to pick players that they would pick and ignoring players they wouldn't pick is that you might end up missing or overlooking someone. Just because they do something doesn't mean we should. Yes take on board what they do well, but use it as part of the process because there are many ways to rebuild a team and we have to cherry pick the best bits and ultimately use them to form what we look for.

I want unselfish players who are long, can possibly play defense and can shoot. That's why I like Mikal, Carter, and Knox. Knox really impressed me in that workout video...especially with his shooting.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/10/2018  8:37 PM
From Berman. Interested in finding out who they're sharing it with. East teams? West?

In an peculiar scenario, the Bulls’ medical staff reportedly is in possession of Porter’s medical records and is sharing them with certain clubs. Chicago selects seventh.
reub

6/10/2018  8:46 PM
GustavBahler wrote:From Berman. Interested in finding out who they're sharing it with. East teams? West?

In an peculiar scenario, the Bulls’ medical staff reportedly is in possession of Porter’s medical records and is sharing them with certain clubs. Chicago selects seventh.

I'm sure its with teams who might want to trade up for Porter. Possibly the Clippers who could trade them 12 and 13?
newyorknewyork
6/11/2018  10:15 AM

Pick #36?

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/11/2018  10:37 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Pick #36?

I like this kid.

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy