[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/24/2018  10:21 AM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Rumor has it Bulls gave Hutchinson a promise at 22. Which could mean they go big man at 7.

Interesting... then Carter.

None of the guards are good fits for them at that pick. I still wouldn't rule out Mikal, but Carter would make the most sense.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
anrst
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1054
USA
5/24/2018  10:55 AM
smackeddog wrote:Lonnie Walker looking great in this work out vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=79&v=5ipyQZgdYoc

I know, I know, so did Grant when we drafted him, but can anyone give a good breakdown of him?

doesn't look quick at all.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/24/2018  12:23 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Rumor has it Bulls gave Hutchinson a promise at 22. Which could mean they go big man at 7.

None of the guards are good fits for them at that pick. I still wouldn't rule out Mikal, but Carter would make the most sense.

If they go Carter at 7 them Mikal will be there at 9.

Dallas at 5 will be where it gets interesting as they could go Porter or Bamba there. If they go Bamba then Magic could look to draft Porter and then S&T Gordan. This will then push Young and Sexton down.

But would also push Mikal down.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG

5/24/2018  2:04 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

If they go Carter at 7 them Mikal will the Cavs to go be there at 9.

Dallas at 5 will be where it gets interesting as they could go Porter or Bamba there. If they go Bamba then Magic could look to draft Porter and then S&T Gordan. This will then push Young and Sexton down.

Magic could go anywhere with that pick. There's a chance they go for Young which forces the Cavs to go for Sexton. This would be good for us too. Porter availability, which is dependent on his team physical's could also tempt Chicago and push Mikal to us.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/24/2018  3:37 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Magic could go anywhere with that pick. There's a chance they go for Young which forces the Cavs to go for Sexton. This would be good for us too. Porter availability, which is dependent on his team physical's could also tempt Chicago and push Mikal to us.
I just cant fathom taking Sexton/Young with Porter on the board. Are teams that dumb?
To me its:
Ayton, Doncic, Jackson, Bomba, Porter and Bagley are the top 6. Those are the guys we have zero chance of landing at pick 9. So the thing is to come up with the next 3 highest rated. I have those as Carter, Mikal Bridges and SGA.

Things can change. Guys jump out during workouts and things about their games and brains are discovered that were prior unkowns.

Pick 37: Melvin Frazier or Shake Milton (if available)

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/24/2018  3:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I just cant fathom taking Sexton/Young with Porter on the board. Are teams that dumb?
To me its:
Ayton, Doncic, Jackson, Bomba, Porter and Bagley are the top 6. Those are the guys we have zero chance of landing at pick 9. So the thing is to come up with the next 3 highest rated. I have those as Carter, Mikal Bridges and SGA.

Things can change. Guys jump out during workouts and things about their games and brains are discovered that were prior unkowns.

I think the biggest caveat is that Porter didn't do the combine and hasn't let out his medical records to teams (I could be wrong on this last point). That's scary for teams.

I would think Porter, if healthy enough, could pick his own team. Only work out for who he wants and let them do a medical test for a promise.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/24/2018  4:00 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

To me its:

I think the biggest caveat is that Porter didn't do the combine and hasn't let out his medical records to teams (I could be wrong on this last point). That's scary for teams.

I would think Porter, if healthy enough, could pick his own team. Only work out for who he wants and let them do a medical test for a promise.

NO man... Porter both declared himself healthy and said his medical records are an open book to anyone who wants to see. He's just too good to drop to us. If by some reason he did we would be gifted a gem.

Remember when Granger fell... Pacers got an all star player out of the lottery. Granted he did have a short shelf life

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG

5/24/2018  4:17 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

To me its:

NO man... Porter both declared himself healthy and said his medical records are an open book to anyone who wants to see. He's just too good to drop to us. If by some reason he did we would be gifted a gem.

Remember when Granger fell... Pacers got an all star player out of the lottery. Granted he did have a short shelf life

I agree, but you can't tell what teams may find and how much they are willing to risk when they go digging around. You're not big on Young and I'm skeptical as well. But he does have a buzz around him and he doesn't appear to be a medical risk. Factor all these things and you never know what could happen.

reub
Member: #6227

5/24/2018  5:01 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

To me its:

I hope this happens.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/24/2018  5:30 PM
The Clippers reportedly are looking to move up in the draft with their two picks. Not sure that #9 is enough for 12 and 13 but I hope the Knicks explore it.
https://www.clipsnation.com/2018/5/21/17376612/the-clippers-are-looking-to-trade-up-in-the-draft-have-interest-in-michael-porter-jr
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
5/24/2018  5:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I have heard Young to the Magic speculation a lot. I think you are right that Young might go there.
CrushAlot
USA
5/24/2018  5:33 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

To me its:

It might be a similar situation for Porter in terms of his career longevity. But if you got 6 good years from the best wing player in the draft that isn't a bad outcome.
BigDaddyG

5/24/2018  6:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

To me its:

It might be a similar situation for Porter in terms of his career longevity. But if you got 6 good years from the best wing player in the draft that isn't a bad outcome.

True, but we're not talking about a knee. The back is a trickier situation. I remember Jared Sullinger was considered a late lotto pick until his back issues started becoming a talking point. How much of a risk are you willing to take with a top 10 pick? Especially one who missed most of his lone season in college. He wasn't really dominant in the games he did play. Alot of factors to weigh...

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/24/2018  7:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I have heard Young to the Magic speculation a lot. I think you are right that Young might go there.

IMO they set the table for themselves to draft Young starting back during the season when they traded away EP. Looking at the makeup of the team and the need for strong shooting from the PG spot ala the same reasons they traded EP away. Drafting any other position will require a lot more heavy lifting. But if a talent falls to them unexpectedly they may switch up their plan.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/24/2018  11:53 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

To me its:

Most people have SGA outside the top ten. While I agree with you on his value, I think MElo clone PGs go first - Young and Sexton. Hope the Magic and the Cavs both take these two and we never have to worry about them.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

5/25/2018  1:22 AM
CrushAlot wrote:The Clippers reportedly are looking to move up in the draft with their two picks. Not sure that #9 is enough for 12 and 13 but I hope the Knicks explore it.
https://www.clipsnation.com/2018/5/21/17376612/the-clippers-are-looking-to-trade-up-in-the-draft-have-interest-in-michael-porter-jr

12 and 13 are likely within "The Cloud". When the Tiers break down into positional need and focusing on one specific skill set ( i.e. great shooter but nothing else, or great athlete but horrible mechanics, etc, etc)

The big IF would be IF the Knicks moved from 9 to 12, they'd want future assets in future drafts, not the 13th pick as well. Someone will cite Greek Freak as an example of why trading back isn't so horrible. And I'd say that's one case against a gigantic wave of guys who didn't pan out.

Do the Knicks need volume? Sadly, Yes, but like all other teams trying to get better, it has to happen organically over time. If you stand 15 feet from a dart board with one dart, then stand back 50 feet with two darts, that doesn't help you hit the bullseye. Splitting the pick looks like it would be a good shortcut, except talent drop off in the NBA is really steep.

Clippers want to trade up for a reason. The reason they want to trade up is the same why no rational team would want to trade down. That the Clippers want to package those picks at all should be some indicator of Tier drop off and value and "Cloud" problems in the draft.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/25/2018  3:28 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

To me its:

True, but we're not talking about a knee. The back is a trickier situation. I remember Jared Sullinger was considered a late lotto pick until his back issues started becoming a talking point. How much of a risk are you willing to take with a top 10 pick? Especially one who missed most of his lone season in college. He wasn't really dominant in the games he did play. Alot of factors to weigh...

As much as I'd like Porter to fall to us, I haven't actually seen any video where he looked amazing- even before the injury. Why exactly was he so highly regarded?

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/25/2018  3:45 AM

I think it's worth seeing if the Twolves would do a Courtney Lee for Cole Aldrich and the 20th pick trade (I think we'd need to a draft night trade once they've picked due to the Twolves trading their pick the proviso year). Thibs likes his vets, Lee is a good 3pt shooter (which they need) and plays defense (which Thibs likes), and is a marked upgrade over Crawford (who's opted out). After this season, Lee just has 2 years at around $12mil, while Aldrich only has one year at 7$mil. It's a fair deal for both sides.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/25/2018  5:59 AM
Te
smackeddog wrote:

I think it's worth seeing if the Twolves would do a Courtney Lee for Cole Aldrich and the 20th pick trade (I think we'd need to a draft night trade once they've picked due to the Twolves trading their pick the proviso year). Thibs likes his vets, Lee is a good 3pt shooter (which they need) and plays defense (which Thibs likes), and is a marked upgrade over Crawford (who's opted out). After this season, Lee just has 2 years at around $12mil, while Aldrich only has one year at 7$mil. It's a fair deal for both sides.

I don't see it teams are way to smart to make these moves now. This is a trade the knicks would of made 10 years ago

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
USA
5/25/2018  6:26 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Wow. Nice not to be that team this year.
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy