[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
90sKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6452

5/19/2018  8:53 AM
At 9, Doncic, Bagley, and Ayton will definitely be off the table.

Cavs will select Sexton or Young, whichever the Magic don't take.

The key is Jackson and Carter going in the top 8. If so, that means Porter or Bamba will be available at 9.

If not, I'd try to trade with he Clippers and give up some players (Lee or Kanter) and our 9th and 37th pick to get 12 and 13. The take two of the following: Miles Bridges, Knox, Diop, mikal Bridges, or SGA.

AUTOADVERT
reub
Member: #6227

5/19/2018  10:13 AM
Divincenzo with the highest vertical at the combine. Where does he end up going? He looked great in March Madness.
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/19/2018  10:26 AM
reub wrote:Divincenzo with the highest vertical at the combine. Where does he end up going? He looked great in March Madness.

They say he may have had a promise. But I can see Boston taking him in the late first.

reub

5/19/2018  10:29 AM
dacash wrote:
reub wrote:Divincenzo with the highest vertical at the combine. Where does he end up going? He looked great in March Madness.

They say he may have had a promise. But I can see Boston taking him in the late first.

That's what I'm worried about.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/19/2018  10:47 AM
reub wrote:
dacash wrote:

That's what I'm worried about.

This is why trying to stockpile first round draft picks is so important. I would have lived to have this kid. But if we trade with the Clips for 12 and 13 and Mikal Bridges falls that low and we can grab SGA, I'll be happy with that too.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/19/2018  1:09 PM
Another really good article from, The Stepien, on Ball Handling, Passing and Defensive Versatility for 2018 Wings. Not a very favorable review of Mikal Bridges. Lots of charts and videos that won't post.
https://www.thestepien.com/2018/05/19/ball-handling-passing-defensive-versatility-wings-2018-draft/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
5/19/2018  1:10 PM
From the Stepien article:
Evaluating players within this heuristic, we can see why a player like Kevin Huerter may be undervalued. His shooting ability is always going to dominate discussions about him as a prospect, but when looking closer it becomes clear that he is one of the best off-dribble creators and passers among wings in this class with some legitimate ability to defend multiple positions. Add in his projectability as a dynamic shooter (aside from a relatively mediocre free throw percentage), and Huerter looks like the total package as an impactful NBA wing. There is a definite case to be made that Huerter is a better prospect than Mikal Bridges, and I think that my next big board will reflect that.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/21/2018  12:46 PM
I think we'll end up with Miles Bridges
Mike1989
Member: #8627

5/21/2018  3:02 PM
90sKnicks wrote:At 9, Doncic, Bagley, and Ayton will definitely be off the table.

The key is Jackson and Carter going in the top 8. If so, that means Porter or Bamba will be available at 9.

If not, I'd try to trade with he Clippers and give up some players (Lee or Kanter) and our 9th and 37th pick to get 12 and 13. The take two of the following: Miles Bridges, Knox, Diop, mikal Bridges, or SGA.

I have Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Jackson, Porter and Bamba as my top six prospects in this year's draft. If the board falls that way that means Orlando have passed on Trae Young, which I think they should do because he doesn't fit their front office's profile. At that point Chicago should go wing (Mikal Bridges) or big (Wendell Carter), and I'd argue that Cleveland would pick the other player not taken here because Mikal Bridges would slot in perfectly as a 3-and-D wing for them and Carter would slot nicely into their center position. I suppose Sexton or Young are possibilities for Cleveland and Chicago depending on how they rate their current point guard situation, but I suspect that those two prospects are going to be available at #9 leaving us with a choice of Sexton and Young or another prospect.

If there is a possible trade to be had with the Clippers, I would honestly be on board with trading the ninth pick for 12 and 13 because those two picks should get us two good young prospects. NBAdraft.net currently have Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Miles Bridges going to the Clippers. I would be very happy to see us add those two prospects if we traded back. Also on the board at that point would be Robert Williams who could slot in at center next to KP, or alternatively there are a few other upside prospects we could take a risk on like Zhaire Smith, Khyri Thomas, and Lonnie Walker. Who knows, we could trade back with the Clippers and Collin Sexton might be there at which point we can walk away from the draft with Sexton and another prospect.

meloshouldgo wrote:This is why trying to stockpile first round draft picks is so important. I would have lived to have this kid. But if we trade with the Clips for 12 and 13 and Mikal Bridges falls that low and we can grab SGA, I'll be happy with that too.

If we trade back and get SGA and Mikal, I would be a very happy Knicks fan because those two can slot into our starting line up and we building blocks for a bright future. I mean we'd have SGA, Frank, Mikal, and KP as our young quartet. Add a solid center or power forward into that line up and we would be sorted. I don't think Mikal falls that far, I have him going to Chicago or Cleveland, so we might have to look at the other Bridges or possibly Knox if we are looking at a forward.

smackeddog wrote:I think we'll end up with Miles Bridges

I don't mind us drafting Miles Bridges if we trade back with the Clippers, but I'm not sure we should take him ninth. I have Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Jackson, Porter, and Bamba going top six. Then I have Mikal and Carter going at 7 and 8 in whatever order. That would then leave us Sexton and Young to choose from at #9, which I think would be a better choice than Miles Bridges. If Sexton or Young go 7 or 8, or 7 and 8, that leaves us potentially a choice including Mikal and Carter, again both players I'd rate ahead of Miles. So unless we trade back I don't think Miles should be our selection, but if he is, good luck to him because one of the concerns i have over him is he's an undersized tweener and that could be problematic for us if he doesn't find his best position and excel at it.

reub

5/21/2018  6:39 PM
Mike1989 wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:At 9, Doncic, Bagley, and Ayton will definitely be off the table.

I have Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Jackson, Porter and Bamba as my top six prospects in this year's draft. If the board falls that way that means Orlando have passed on Trae Young, which I think they should do because he doesn't fit their front office's profile. At that point Chicago should go wing (Mikal Bridges) or big (Wendell Carter), and I'd argue that Cleveland would pick the other player not taken here because Mikal Bridges would slot in perfectly as a 3-and-D wing for them and Carter would slot nicely into their center position. I suppose Sexton or Young are possibilities for Cleveland and Chicago depending on how they rate their current point guard situation, but I suspect that those two prospects are going to be available at #9 leaving us with a choice of Sexton and Young or another prospect.

If there is a possible trade to be had with the Clippers, I would honestly be on board with trading the ninth pick for 12 and 13 because those two picks should get us two good young prospects. NBAdraft.net currently have Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Miles Bridges going to the Clippers. I would be very happy to see us add those two prospects if we traded back. Also on the board at that point would be Robert Williams who could slot in at center next to KP, or alternatively there are a few other upside prospects we could take a risk on like Zhaire Smith, Khyri Thomas, and Lonnie Walker. Who knows, we could trade back with the Clippers and Collin Sexton might be there at which point we can walk away from the draft with Sexton and another prospect.

meloshouldgo wrote:This is why trying to stockpile first round draft picks is so important. I would have lived to have this kid. But if we trade with the Clips for 12 and 13 and Mikal Bridges falls that low and we can grab SGA, I'll be happy with that too.

If we trade back and get SGA and Mikal, I would be a very happy Knicks fan because those two can slot into our starting line up and we building blocks for a bright future. I mean we'd have SGA, Frank, Mikal, and KP as our young quartet. Add a solid center or power forward into that line up and we would be sorted. I don't think Mikal falls that far, I have him going to Chicago or Cleveland, so we might have to look at the other Bridges or possibly Knox if we are looking at a forward.

I don't mind us drafting Miles Bridges if we trade back with the Clippers, but I'm not sure we should take him ninth. I have Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Jackson, Porter, and Bamba going top six. Then I have Mikal and Carter going at 7 and 8 in whatever order. That would then leave us Sexton and Young to choose from at #9, which I think would be a better choice than Miles Bridges. If Sexton or Young go 7 or 8, or 7 and 8, that leaves us potentially a choice including Mikal and Carter, again both players I'd rate ahead of Miles. So unless we trade back I don't think Miles should be our selection, but if he is, good luck to him because one of the concerns i have over him is he's an undersized tweener and that could be problematic for us if he doesn't find his best position and excel at it.

Who will play PG for Orlando? Shelvin Mack?
Mike1989

5/21/2018  6:54 PM
reub wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:

Who will play PG for Orlando? Shelvin Mack?

Orlando have needs at PG, SG (Fournier is being tipped for a trade) and C (Vucevic is a stat sheet filler for a bad team, Biyombo is an energetic but limited player). They might even have a need at a forward spot if they sign and trade Gordon. So they really are in a situation where they must take the best player and if that's Young or Sexton, fine, but I suspect at six they'll be left with Bamba or Porter and if one of them is perceived to have greater upside they'll go for them. Besides both of those players fit the profile that their front office look for whereas Young doesn't.

They've currently got Augustin and Mack to play PG. Neither are appealing, so perhaps they'll work out a deal to get another pick in the middle of the round to get a PG like SGA? Or acquire someone with a trade that's starter potential but is currently a backup elsewhere? They've options if they don't go guard.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/21/2018  7:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/21/2018  7:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Another really good article from, The Stepien, on Ball Handling, Passing and Defensive Versatility for 2018 Wings. Not a very favorable review of Mikal Bridges. Lots of charts and videos that won't post.
https://www.thestepien.com/2018/05/19/ball-handling-passing-defensive-versatility-wings-2018-draft/

God I hope we get Porter jr, we need a break

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/21/2018  8:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:From the Stepien article:
Evaluating players within this heuristic, we can see why a player like Kevin Huerter may be undervalued. His shooting ability is always going to dominate discussions about him as a prospect, but when looking closer it becomes clear that he is one of the best off-dribble creators and passers among wings in this class with some legitimate ability to defend multiple positions. Add in his projectability as a dynamic shooter (aside from a relatively mediocre free throw percentage), and Huerter looks like the total package as an impactful NBA wing. There is a definite case to be made that Huerter is a better prospect than Mikal Bridges, and I think that my next big board will reflect that.

I take them this article with a grain of salt. Just last year they killed Frank for his inability to defend points at the next level. I'm surprised we share similar views on Miles.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
USA
5/21/2018  10:29 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I take them this article with a grain of salt. Just last year they killed Frank for his inability to defend points at the next level. I'm surprised we share similar views on Miles.
They had the guy from Cleaning The Glass on their podcast today. They asked him if he had identified any new trends in the nba. He mentioned that he had noticed that point guards that rely on their athleticism are not having the success that that type of player had in the past. His two main examples were Elfrid Payton and Emmanuel Mudiay. I thought that was interesting because Perry was part of the front office that traded for Payton on draft night and later traded for Mudiay.
BigDaddyG

5/21/2018  11:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

They had the guy from Cleaning The Glass on their podcast today. They asked him if he had identified any new trends in the nba. He mentioned that he had noticed that point guards that rely on their athleticism are not having the success that that type of player had in the past. His two main examples were Elfrid Payton and Emmanuel Mudiay. I thought that was interesting because Perry was part of the front office that traded for Payton on draft night and later traded for Mudiay.

I've got to check it out. I think it goes back to teams relying more on the three ball. As great as Wall and Westbrook are, we saw how easy it is to game plan for them in the playoffs.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
5/22/2018  5:22 AM
Mike1989 wrote:

I'm not particularly excited at the prospect of drafting miles at 9, but it is the way I see us going- he ticks the boxes Perry spoke of (multi positional, good work ethic, athletic, 2 way player etc)- we could play him at the 3 with KP at the 4, or slide Kp over to 5 and play him at 4 for a small ball lineup.

How does Miles Bridges compare to Shawn Marion? Are there any similarities?

smackeddog
5/22/2018  11:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/22/2018  11:07 AM
This has a nice run down of the draft:

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/?view=deep

Also read this:

Don't see it happening at all (Clips should stay put, they'll end up with 2 nice players), but what do people think of Lonnie Walker?

(I didn't realise draft Express sometimes still do vids on youtube!)

Mike1989

5/22/2018  11:53 AM
smackeddog wrote:This has a nice run down of the draft:

Also read this:

Don't see it happening at all (Clips should stay put, they'll end up with 2 nice players), but what do people think of Lonnie Walker?

The Clippers desire to trade up would depend on them falling in love with a prospect that won't make it to 12 and would make them want to give up two selections in order to take just one guy. Currently they have Lou Williams, Danilo Gallinari and Sindarius Thornwell contracted beyond next season, so perhaps adding two guys would be better than adding one guy, but it really depends on the player available at #9. They could think adding Mikal Bridges to their starting line up would make them better because they can slot him in at SG with Harris at SF and Gallo at PF, or they could replace Jordan with Carter, or if Sexton/Young are on the board they might want that flashy point guard prospect. It wouldn't surprise me if they really wanted one rather than two but I'm not convinced the jump would be in their best interest.

As for Lonnie Walker, he is not my favorite shooting guard prospect. I would not want him at #9 but if we did trade back with the Clippers then I would be fine with seeing him picked at 12/13, but I do prefer Zhaire Smith and Khyri Thomas.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/22/2018  12:03 PM
Mike1989 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:This has a nice run down of the draft:

Also read this:

The Clippers desire to trade up would depend on them falling in love with a prospect that won't make it to 12 and would make them want to give up two selections in order to take just one guy. Currently they have Lou Williams, Danilo Gallinari and Sindarius Thornwell contracted beyond next season, so perhaps adding two guys would be better than adding one guy, but it really depends on the player available at #9. They could think adding Mikal Bridges to their starting line up would make them better because they can slot him in at SG with Harris at SF and Gallo at PF, or they could replace Jordan with Carter, or if Sexton/Young are on the board they might want that flashy point guard prospect. It wouldn't surprise me if they really wanted one rather than two but I'm not convinced the jump would be in their best interest.

As for Lonnie Walker, he is not my favorite shooting guard prospect. I would not want him at #9 but if we did trade back with the Clippers then I would be fine with seeing him picked at 12/13, but I do prefer Zhaire Smith and Khyri Thomas.

the other day I think it was Bleacher report stating that Knicks are in love with Trae. I'm hoping that's some sort of smokescreen

Perhaps Clips are looking for their next pg of the future and if Trae or Sexton is there we can have a trade

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG

5/22/2018  12:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:

I'm not particularly excited at the prospect of drafting miles at 9, but it is the way I see us going- he ticks the boxes Perry spoke of (multi positional, good work ethic, athletic, 2 way player etc)- we could play him at the 3 with KP at the 4, or slide Kp over to 5 and play him at 4 for a small ball lineup.

How does Miles Bridges compare to Shawn Marion? Are there any similarities?

They're both athletic combo forwards with range. Miles might have a better handle than Marion had at this stage. Marion might was quicker, longer and a better passer.
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy