[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

5/7/2018  9:07 AM
...i am not sold on Mikal yet. I do want an SF, but his shooting under pressure was not great during march madness. When the pressure was off he shot great.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2018  10:27 AM
Cartman718 wrote:...i am not sold on Mikal yet. I do want an SF, but his shooting under pressure was not great during march madness. When the pressure was off he shot great.

You can find holes in all these guy's games. Mikal was MVP of Big East Tournament. His teams won.
Tournament time under pressure? March madness Villanova went undefeated and won. 2 chips in three years and he was part of them both.
Now what we don't know is in a game that's 8 min shorter, and a team that was an ensemble cast with a lot of talent can this guy shine at the next level.
There is a long list of NBA players that were better pro's than at the NCAA level.
That statement can say that about players we might not be weighing in on. Briggs no doubt has the tapes on all the good ones!
Whats fun is watching guys rise and fall thru the process of workouts and Combines. Im not a guru at this but I love when the euro's come in and disrupt the process.
KP came from out of the blue and blew away folks at his workouts! That was a fun draft for us, even with the kid crying at the draft!!!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/7/2018  4:19 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:...i am not sold on Mikal yet. I do want an SF, but his shooting under pressure was not great during march madness. When the pressure was off he shot great.

You can find holes in all these guy's games. Mikal was MVP of Big East Tournament. His teams won.
Tournament time under pressure? March madness Villanova went undefeated and won. 2 chips in three years and he was part of them both.
Now what we don't know is in a game that's 8 min shorter, and a team that was an ensemble cast with a lot of talent can this guy shine at the next level.
There is a long list of NBA players that were better pro's than at the NCAA level.
That statement can say that about players we might not be weighing in on. Briggs no doubt has the tapes on all the good ones!
Whats fun is watching guys rise and fall thru the process of workouts and Combines. Im not a guru at this but I love when the euro's come in and disrupt the process.
KP came from out of the blue and blew away folks at his workouts! That was a fun draft for us, even with the kid crying at the draft!!!

that is the thing... workouts show aspects of players (good and bad) that we just wont know about otherwise. Jalen Brown with the 3rd pick comes to mind. Boston was really questioned for that pick. No questions being asked now. (Btw I think we see the same w/ Frank next year).

You just know if a guy like Knox or Walker comes in an wows. Mitchell did but it wasnt enough for us to take him

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/7/2018  7:09 PM
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

that is the thing... workouts show aspects of players (good and bad) that we just wont know about otherwise. Jalen Brown with the 3rd pick comes to mind. Boston was really questioned for that pick. No questions being asked now. (Btw I think we see the same w/ Frank next year).

You just know if a guy like Knox or Walker comes in an wows. Mitchell did but it wasnt enough for us to take him

Mike D'Antoni talking about Shumpert. Never forget
"He had one of the best workouts that I've seen in a lot of years. He's a little bit of everything. He can play point, he can play the 2, he can guard some 3s. He's an exciting young man. His personality and his ability to work hard are big factors, and we're excited about having him."
http://www.espn.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6701384
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
5/8/2018  10:54 PM
Tank/Draft

Sounds like a keg party.

https:// It's not so hard.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/8/2018  11:01 PM
BasketballJones wrote:Tank/Draft

Sounds like a keg party.

I'll get the chainsaw, if you get the beer

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/9/2018  9:22 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

"He had one of the best workouts that I've seen in a lot of years. He's a little bit of everything. He can play point, he can play the 2, he can guard some 3s. He's an exciting young man. His personality and his ability to work hard are big factors, and we're excited about having him."
I think that was a fair take on Shump... Shump was a great prospect with a good skill set. I feel like the talent was there... he got hurt, lost a step and had major attitude issues.

Just shows how hard scouting is... its not enough to get a good player, you gotta check his head as well.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/9/2018  1:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/9/2018  1:09 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I think that was a fair take on Shump... Shump was a great prospect with a good skill set. I feel like the talent was there... he got hurt, lost a step and had major attitude issues.

Just shows how hard scouting is... its not enough to get a good player, you gotta check his head as well.

Didn't call The Rooster the greatest shooter he's ever seen after one workout. He's been known to overexaggerate from time to time lol

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/9/2018  1:29 PM
Knicks working out Ewing gtown center Jessie govan second round pick to undrafted ppl are saying
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/9/2018  2:36 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Didn't call The Rooster the greatest shooter he's ever seen after one workout. He's been known to overexaggerate from time to time lol

if he did i can see why. i was at the garden for one of his first games his rookie season after coming back from back surgery. during pre-game he was shooting 3's and dropped over 20 in a row. it was sick.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/9/2018  8:45 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Yeah but he was never going to be a primary ball-handler

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/10/2018  10:06 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I could easily imagine that being the case. His rookie year was tantalizing. No doubts about all forms of athleticism and it looked like he could play the point and get his shot off at will -- unfortunately they never went in but still

Hoping Frank is like Jaylen. I was a big critic of the Jaylen pick and thought he looked very lost as a rookie, with no role, no offense etc. Boy was I wrong

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
USA
5/10/2018  9:21 PM
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

5/11/2018  11:38 AM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I would says it shows what is wrong with how scouting focuses mainly on talent. And why things like attitude, sportsmanship etc. should be given equal value. No one ever wins anything on talent alone. If you are playing in the NBA, talent should table stakes. It's the minimum price to be entered into the pool of people that are considered for a spot on a pro team. KP is also showing some attitude issues, these things are just headaches and all that talent ended up getting wasted.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/11/2018  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/11/2018  12:05 PM
Info on tjr players Knicks worked out so far
https://knicksfilmschool.com/2018/05/10/knicks-draft-workouts/
Ed Davis Jr, nick ward, Kerwin roach, ec Matthews and Jessie govan
CrushAlot
USA
5/11/2018  10:46 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Shump was considered a second round/border line end of first round pick before individual workouts. He was picked higher because of his workout. I know some draft guys look down at fans that make their opinions based on what they see in the ncaa tournament because an entire season was ignored. It seems like the Knicks weighed a workout more than Shump's college career in this case.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/12/2018  2:53 AM
Looking at the standings, I'm still mad that we could have been at the 6th spot instead of way back at the 9th if we hadn't gone for those 2 stupid wins. Now we have no shot of moving up to the top 3.
CrushAlot
USA
5/12/2018  1:13 PM
I wonder if Perry likes Sexton.
“I would caution just a little bit is that it all depends on who’s available when we get ready to select and how we have them tiered,’’ Perry said on ESPN Radio. “If there’s someone down there at a position you think you’re more strong at, but the player is clearly a better talent than the position of need, then you have that question: Do you go ahead and take the greater talent and then you utilize trades and free agency to bolster the position you need help, being small forward?”
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
5/12/2018  1:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I wonder if Perry likes Sexton.
“I would caution just a little bit is that it all depends on who’s available when we get ready to select and how we have them tiered,’’ Perry said on ESPN Radio. “If there’s someone down there at a position you think you’re more strong at, but the player is clearly a better talent than the position of need, then you have that question: Do you go ahead and take the greater talent and then you utilize trades and free agency to bolster the position you need help, being small forward?”

I sure hope not.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/12/2018  1:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I wonder if Perry likes Sexton.

Sexton could be the best talent available at the slot we pick, however I think that the cavs will probably take him if he's available- when Lebron leaves, they'll likely want to draft an exciting player rather than an effective role player (like Mikal Bridges).

Personally, I think this years sleeper will be Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy