[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

4/26/2018  11:24 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Bulls won the coin toss so will pick 6th, as we have their second rounder, that's good

If things stand pat the way they are now in terms of draft position. I see Bamba and Carter being available at 9.

Suns - Ayton
Memphis - Luca/Begley/Porter
Dallas - Luca/Begley/Porter
Hawks -Luca/Begley/Porter
Magic - Young
Kings - Miles Bridges/Jackson
Bulls - Mikal Bridges/Miles
Cavs - Sexton/Jackson
Knicks - Bamba

Bamba was born in Harlem as well.

NBA Comparison: Rudy Gobert

Strengths: A truly elite physical specimen in terms of length, Mohamed Bamba jumps off the page with his 7'9'' wingspan and 9'6'' standing reach ... This kind of size allowed him to immediately burst on to the NCAA scene as an elite rim protector with the measurables to translate this skill to the NBA ... Blocking 3.7 shots per game during his regular season stint at Texas doesn't even take into account the countless shots he altered or drive attempts he thwarted ... Timing is a part of this, as he only averaged 2.4 fouls per contest at the college level ... His lateral quickness is also very good for a player who measures in at 7 feet tall. This makes him a capable pick and roll defender and someone who roam the entire paint area with little effort ... From a rebounding standpoint, his 10.4 boards per game as a freshman is well above average, and despite his narrow frame he held his own pretty well in the paint against stronger opponents ... While Bamba will always be a lean player, he does have wide shoulders and looks to be able to add muscle ... His 3.2 offensive rebounds per contest is also a very good indicator of timing around the rim ... Mo Bamba's offensive game is probably a little further along than you might initially think ... He is a 67.8% free throw shooter, and has a nice high release and good backspin on his shot ... In an era when long, defensive bigs are often poor free throw shooters, Mo appears to have the foundation to be pretty good at the charity stripe ... His jump shot is also showing signs of life as Bamba shot 28% from the college 3 point line, and showed to be capable from the elbow, while showing decent shot selection ... While his jumper and 3 point shot are not exactly calling cards at this point in his development, I'd still call his foundation as a shooter an strength overall ... He's also a decent ball handler for a big man, and has shown some impressive glimpses of his length and athleticism when putting the ball on the deck and driving past and then dunking on defenders ... He plays with fire, and at the college level when he gets good position and is close to the rim he's extremely tough to stop ... Bamba definitely projects as a defender first at the next level, but he has the pieces in place , with continued development, to be a force on offense as well ... An extremely bright individual, if not for basketball, he had Ivy league grades and credentials entering college ...

Weaknesses: As obvious is as length is, it's also not hard to notice he'll need to continue to add strength to play the paint in the next level ... At the 2017 Hoop Summit, he only weighed in at 216 pounds ... Ideally, you'd like to see Bamba at least around 240 in a year or two, or possibly 250 ... I think those weights are achievable for him judging by his length, and how he's added muscle since high school ... His awareness with his back to the basket and in the paint on offense is a work in progress too ... He'll need to continue to work on his awareness of spacing and cutting players, as well as adjusting to double teams and pressure from guards ... When he's feeling it offensively, he could take over a game at the college level, but he could also be too passive when he'd get bothered ... Restraint is good from a team game perspective, but with his physical tools he should have been more aggressive at times while playing for the Longhorns ... A solid athlete, but much of his wow factor is due to length and not explosiveness or leaping ability ...

Overall: Bamba is truly an elite physical talent with a wingspan and standing reach that don't come along often ... He figures to be a capable rebounder and rim protector at the NBA level from day one. This alone gives him one of the highest floors in this draft, with an extremely high ceiling as well ... His defensive potential paired with growth as a player, added girth, and experience could render him one of the best defensive bigs in the game for years to come ... The fact he has a nice looking jumper and is already starting to get good results from the free throw line and in game situations at such a young age can make him an asset in terms of spacing as well ... If he's able to piece together all the areas of his offensive game, he actually has the potential to be a legit offensive NBA player while still being a defense first guy ...

Bamba/KP - Frank would be defensive pillars with 2 way games.

Ok. I'm sold

I think the Knicks should simply pick the best defender. We need it, and good defenders can also create more easy baskets. I also think it's a lot easier for an athletic defender to develop some offensive game than vice versa.

Also glad to see this guy is so active. You want your bigs to not only block short but alter them (or scare them away from the paint in the first place). There's no real stat for that other than how it translates to the opponent's shooting percentage

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/26/2018  11:57 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/26/2018  12:34 PM
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/26/2018  1:22 PM
martin wrote:

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/26/2018  1:57 PM
We'll either have a top 3 pick or the 9th or below--looking at Bamba is just torturing yourselves!
martin
USA
4/26/2018  3:20 PM
Man, body type reminds me of a 6'6" version of Durant

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/26/2018  3:46 PM
martin wrote:Man, body type reminds me of a 6'6" version of Durant

He can Frank on the perimeter together are a good start to ruining your offense. Add KP's rim protection and you are on your way to building a long team that can defend anyone.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/26/2018  4:44 PM
fishmike wrote:

He can Frank on the perimeter together are a good start to ruining your offense. Add KP's rim protection and you are on your way to building a long team that can defend anyone.

Sounds like a Jodeci tune, lol.

If Frank starts getting his hands dirty, so to speak. Starts taking it to the rim with authority. Im calling him....

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/26/2018  8:34 PM

Those arms are why he reminds me off Kerry Kittles. He's got a decent post game. His drives are more straightline than shifty, but I think he can get better.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/27/2018  7:06 AM
fishmike wrote:

Yeah I think Mikal makes the most sense. A lot of this is dependent on Burke. Burke is a huge "?" mark. If he can actually be a Kemba Walker type player than Having the length of Bridges and Frank flanking him would be a huge plus. Plus a small ball lineup of Burke Frank Hardaway Bridges KP could give team fits.

I do think its possible with the devaluing of the center position Bamba could be available. Do you guys think a frontline of Bamba and KP could work together? I'm not sure we could defend the perimeter properly.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/28/2018  1:22 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Yeah I think Mikal makes the most sense. A lot of this is dependent on Burke. Burke is a huge "?" mark. If he can actually be a Kemba Walker type player than Having the length of Bridges and Frank flanking him would be a huge plus. Plus a small ball lineup of Burke Frank Hardaway Bridges KP could give team fits.

I do think its possible with the devaluing of the center position Bamba could be available. Do you guys think a frontline of Bamba and KP could work together? I'm not sure we could defend the perimeter properly.

If we really want to coveted for a chip. We need a 2-way pg capable of pushing Burke to the bench.

Bench mob of Burke, Dotson, Williams, Kornet in 2 yrs with development and chemistry sounds good. I tend to leave out Hicks as I would prefer more of a defensive athletic hustle and energy dude next to Kornet. Having Doston-Williams-and hustle forward get after it with energy athleticism and length while Burke and Kornet provide the finesse and skill.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
5/3/2018  1:46 PM
Feel the same way:

BigDaddyG

5/3/2018  1:57 PM
martin wrote:Feel the same way:

ESPN's draft site is underwhelming, especially now. I feel like I have to dig through dozens of general NBA news links and tweets just to find one relevant draft link. The section, at the very least, was organized when Ford was still working for them.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
5/3/2018  3:30 PM

Completely agree, it's really ruined the draft build up for me- must be frustrating for the people involved

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/4/2018  4:19 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Completely agree, it's really ruined the draft build up for me- must be frustrating for the people involved

This is a great site for draft stuff. Also, they have a great podcast once a week.
https://www.thestepien.com/
And nbadraftnet is still a really good resource.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
5/4/2018  4:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

This is a great site for draft stuff. Also, they have a great podcast once a week.

Thanks!

CrushAlot
USA
5/4/2018  5:22 PM
Draft combine list is out.
https://sports.yahoo.com/complete-2018-nba-draft-combine-list-211843026.html
BigDaddyG

5/4/2018  5:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I've checked out the Stephen. They're not as good as good DX, but they do bring up interesting points. The problem is studying film isn't the same as flying to Croatia and seeing a prospect first hand. That's what gives Givony an edge over most of these other guys. Draft.net isn't as prolific as it once was.
CrushAlot
USA
5/4/2018  5:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I've checked out the Stephen. They're not as good as good DX, but they do bring up interesting points. The problem is studying film isn't the same as flying to Croatia and seeing a prospect first hand. That's what gives Givony an edge over most of these other guys. Draft.net isn't as prolific as it once was.
I agree but espn destroys sports sites that it takes over. You just have to move on and find other sources. The Stepien podcast is awesome in my opinion. I think it comes out on Saturdays.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/7/2018  8:55 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I agree but espn destroys sports sites that it takes over. You just have to move on and find other sources. The Stepien podcast is awesome in my opinion. I think it comes out on Saturdays.

it sucks. Draftexpress was the best. Now ESPN wants me to pay for it? God their site sucks... I would rather read tabloids.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy