[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Posts: 23612
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

1/28/2018  6:31 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Tank Porn

Man, I hate this convergence!! Start rooting for losing just sucks!
Tanking sucks. Its just no fun!

Yeah lets have yet another losing season and end up with a bench player like Frank wonderful to root for that. At least losing gives us some chance of getting out of this hell hole

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
wargames
Posts: 21214
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/27/2015
Member: #6053

1/28/2018  7:22 PM
Damn I have to be macabre but I wonder can the Knicks take advantage of the recent injuries to the pelicans and Thunder. Neither team has what the Knicks need though (young SF)...... smh
smackeddog
Posts: 33212
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
2/9/2018  4:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2018  4:31 AM
19. Jazz 26-28
20. Hornets 23-31
21. Lakers 23-31
22. Knicks 23-33

23. Bulls 18-35
24. Nets 19-37
25. Griz 18-36
26. Magic 18-36
27. Suns 18-38
28. Kings 17-36
29. Hawks 17-38
30. Mavs 17-38

we've gained 3 spots due to the jazz, Lakers and Hornets surging lately (long may it continue!). Problem is there is a big gap for us no make up with the 8 teams below us (who weirdly all have essentially the same record)- I'll look up how many games those teams all have against each other at some point as that could be the decider. Those 4 wins vs the Nets are really hurting us. However the Nets won't tank (don't own their own pick) and we have to hope Bulls rediscover their winning ways soon (they had a little surge a few weeks ago). magic have also had a few wins lately- hopefully now they've traded away payton, they'll win some more (his advance stats were bad)We can't afford to win any more games!

This site is now our god:

http://www.tankathon.com

knickstorrents
Posts: 21046
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/23/2010
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
2/9/2018  4:57 AM
I love that tankathon site! Great site. And yes, I'm fully on board the tank train. CHOO CHOO.

There's a couple of breakpoints - from
7th worst to 6th worst record your top 3 pick percentage jumps from 15% to 25%
5th to 4th - 25.5% to 37.7%
5th to 3rd - 25.5% to 46.8%
3rd to 2nd - 46.8% to 60%

Right now we have the 9th worst record, so we really need to get at least 6th worst record to have a decent shot at a top 3 pick.

Rose is not the answer.
VCoug
Posts: 24829
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2007
Member: #1406

2/9/2018  7:30 AM
smackeddog wrote:19. Jazz 26-28
20. Hornets 23-31
21. Lakers 23-31
22. Knicks 23-33

23. Bulls 18-35
24. Nets 19-37
25. Griz 18-36
26. Magic 18-36
27. Suns 18-38
28. Kings 17-36
29. Hawks 17-38
30. Mavs 17-38

we've gained 3 spots due to the jazz, Lakers and Hornets surging lately (long may it continue!). Problem is there is a big gap for us no make up with the 8 teams below us (who weirdly all have essentially the same record)- I'll look up how many games those teams all have against each other at some point as that could be the decider. Those 4 wins vs the Nets are really hurting us. However the Nets won't tank (don't own their own pick) and we have to hope Bulls rediscover their winning ways soon (they had a little surge a few weeks ago). magic have also had a few wins lately- hopefully now they've traded away payton, they'll win some more (his advance stats were bad)We can't afford to win any more games!

This site is now our god:

http://www.tankathon.com

Losing 3 games in the standings would be huge for us. Would love to get right in the middle of that big logjam between 5 and 8. Greatly increases our odds of getting a top 3 pick and even if we don't move up that's right around the spot where there's still supposed to be elite talent.

Knicksfans Forzingis!
magicTs
Posts: 20580
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/15/2013
Member: #5564

2/9/2018  10:40 AM
We are currently on a 5 game losing streak and 9 of our next 11 games are against teams with winning records. If we can also lose the games in Sacramento and Orlando during this upcoming stretch I think we will lose 16 straight as we head into the game against the Mavs at MSG on 3/13. That record will get us a hell of a lot closer to the pack behind.
reub
Posts: 21805
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

2/9/2018  11:13 AM
Don't the teams below us realistically have to win 10 or more of their remaining games for us to have a chance of moving up?
NYKBocker
Posts: 35693
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
2/9/2018  11:14 AM
I don't want to tank. I don't believe in it. I believe that building a winning culture is more important.
magicTs
Posts: 20580
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/15/2013
Member: #5564

2/9/2018  11:30 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I don't want to tank. I don't believe in it. I believe that building a winning culture is more important.

Thats been going well.

BRIGGS
Posts: 50392
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
2/9/2018  11:54 AM
Without Kanter and KP--they lose frontcourt stability--one of our main conduits. Hope they take their time with Kanter no rush to bring him back. Better to see what Oquinn and Kornett can do anyway.
NYKBocker
Posts: 35693
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
2/9/2018  12:11 PM
magicTs wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I don't want to tank. I don't believe in it. I believe that building a winning culture is more important.

Thats been going well.


The roster we have now...Do you think they should be part of our team in the future? Are you getting rid of all of them once you get that extra ping pong ball? If you are not then you just showed these players that its ok to lose and not try. To build a team you need accountability. You need players that will show fight and pride. Since most of these players will be here next year then you want to build that team and you do that by trying to win and installing a winning if not a hard working culture. It's all about the team not an extra ping pong ball that has no guarantee will produce a franchise player or even an all-star player.

BRIGGS
Posts: 50392
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
2/9/2018  12:20 PM
Gees Ive see Dayton look real good then Ive seen a couple like last night.

Depending on health of Porter(if good)

#1 Bagley
#2 Trae Young
#3 Porter

Nalod
Posts: 56388
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2018  12:26 PM
Being a knick fan:

Before trade deadline/all star break we get mad when we lose.
Then....
When we are cooked, we get mad when they win!!!

It just feels wrong wrong to not have Melo/Phil to kick around anymore!

You don't show a fool a job half done!
Zebo13
Posts: 20376
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/31/2017
Member: #6434
USA
2/9/2018  12:27 PM
We will be we pick better than our position. Only worse, it’s been made clear every draft. Even lost the “coin toss” last year. Cracker Jack bush league ****. I’ll be happy if we draft around 9-11.
smackeddog
Posts: 33212
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
2/9/2018  12:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2018  12:41 PM
reub wrote:Don't the teams below us realistically have to win 10 or more of their remaining games for us to have a chance of moving up?

here's the breakdown in terms of the bottom 9 teams games vs each other:

1) Dallas: Lakers, Kings, Lakers, Jazz, Bulls, Nets, Jazz, Hornets, Kings, Lakers, Magic, Suns (6 Games)

2) Hawks: Lakers, Suns, Bulls, Hornets, Jazz, Kings, Magic (4 games)

3) Kings: Mavs, Nets, Jazz, Knicks, Magic, Jazz, Atlanta, mavs, Suns, Griz (8 games)

4) Suns: Jazz, Griz, Hawks, Hornets, Jazz, Magic, Kings, Mavs (5 games)

5) Magic: Bulls, Hornets, Knicks, Griz, jazz, Lakers, Kings, Suns, nets, Bulls, Atlanta, Knicks, Mavs, Hornets (11 games)

6) Griz: Suns, magic, Bulls, Jazz, Mavs, Nets, Hornets, Lakers, Jazz, Kings (8 games)

7) Nets: Hornets, Bulls, Kings, Hornets, Mavs, griz, Hornets, Magic, Bulls, Bulls (7 games)

8) Bulls: Magic, Nets, Hornets, Mavs, Griz, Hawks, Griz, Knicks, Magic, Hornets, Nets, Nets (10 games)

9) Knicks: magic, Kings, Mavs, hornets, Bulls, Hornets, Magic

Thankfully we don't have too many games vs teams that are worse for us (I say fortunately because history shows we cannot be trusted to lose these vital games). Looking at that I would say the Hawks have a lock on the worst record. magic have tonnes of games vs bad teams (11 vs teams with a worse record than us!). Bulls have 10 vs teams with a worse record than us. Kings and griz also have a lot- 8 games against teams with a worse record than us. Another beautiful thing is that the Bulls and Nets play each other 3 times, so thats 3 more wins to distribute between themselves. Hmm, things aren't a gloomy as I initially thought.

So I think Magic, Bulls, and Kings are catchable. nets also as they won't be tanking. No chance to catch the Suns (5 games) or Hawks (4 games).

reub
Posts: 21805
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

2/9/2018  12:38 PM
smackeddog wrote:
reub wrote:Don't the teams below us realistically have to win 10 or more of their remaining games for us to have a chance of moving up?

here's the breakdown in terms of the bottom 9 teams games vs each other:

1) Dallas: Lakers, Kings, Lakers, Jazz, Bulls, Nets, Jazz, Hornets, Kings, Lakers, Magic, Suns

2) Hawks: Lakers, Suns, Bulls, Hornets, Jazz, Kings, Magic

3) Kings: Mavs, Nets, Jazz, Knicks, Magic, Jazz, Atlanta, mavs, Suns, Griz

4) Suns: Jazz, Griz, Hawks, Hornets, Jazz, Magic, Kings, Mavs

5) Magic: Bulls, Hornets, Knicks, Griz, jazz, Lakers, Kings, Suns, nets, Bulls, Atlanta, Knicks, Mavs, Hornets

6) Griz: Suns, magic, Bulls, Jazz, Mavs, Nets, Hornets, Lakers, Jazz, Kings

7) Nets: Hornets, Bulls, Kings, Hornets, Mavs, griz, Hornets, Magic, Bulls, Bulls

8) Bulls: Magic, Nets, Hornets, Mavs, Griz, Hawks, Griz, Knicks, Magic, Hornets, Nets, Nets

9) Knicks: magic, Kings, Mavs, hornets, Bulls, Hornets, Magic

Thankfully we don't have too many games vs teams that are worse for us (I say fortunately because history shows we cannot be trusted to lose these vital games). Looking at that I would say the Hawks have a lock on the worst record. magic have tonnes of games vs bad teams. Another beautiful thing is that the Bulls and Nets play each other 3 times, so thats 3 more wins to distribute between themselves. Hmm, things aren't a gloomy as I initially thought.

Thanks and great work. Let's play the kids more!

smackeddog
Posts: 33212
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
2/9/2018  12:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2018  12:42 PM
reub wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
reub wrote:Don't the teams below us realistically have to win 10 or more of their remaining games for us to have a chance of moving up?

here's the breakdown in terms of the bottom 9 teams games vs each other:

1) Dallas: Lakers, Kings, Lakers, Jazz, Bulls, Nets, Jazz, Hornets, Kings, Lakers, Magic, Suns (6 Games)

2) Hawks: Lakers, Suns, Bulls, Hornets, Jazz, Kings, Magic (4 games)

3) Kings: Mavs, Nets, Jazz, Knicks, Magic, Jazz, Atlanta, mavs, Suns, Griz (8 games)

4) Suns: Jazz, Griz, Hawks, Hornets, Jazz, Magic, Kings, Mavs (5 games)

5) Magic: Bulls, Hornets, Knicks, Griz, jazz, Lakers, Kings, Suns, nets, Bulls, Atlanta, Knicks, Mavs, Hornets (11 games)

6) Griz: Suns, magic, Bulls, Jazz, Mavs, Nets, Hornets, Lakers, Jazz, Kings (8 games)

7) Nets: Hornets, Bulls, Kings, Hornets, Mavs, griz, Hornets, Magic, Bulls, Bulls (7 games)

8) Bulls: Magic, Nets, Hornets, Mavs, Griz, Hawks, Griz, Knicks, Magic, Hornets, Nets, Nets (10 games)

9) Knicks: magic, Kings, Mavs, hornets, Bulls, Hornets, Magic

Thankfully we don't have too many games vs teams that are worse for us (I say fortunately because history shows we cannot be trusted to lose these vital games). Looking at that I would say the Hawks have a lock on the worst record. magic have tonnes of games vs bad teams (11 vs teams with a worse record than us!). Bulls have 10 vs teams with a worse record than us. Kings and griz also have a lot- 8 games against teams with a worse record than us. Another beautiful thing is that the Bulls and Nets play each other 3 times, so thats 3 more wins to distribute between themselves. Hmm, things aren't a gloomy as I initially thought.

So I think Magic, Bulls, and Kings are catchable. nets also as they won't be tanking. No chance to catch the Suns (5 games) or Hawks (4 games).

Thanks and great work. Let's play the kids more!

I've slightly upgraded it (see above!)

MaTT4281
Posts: 30857
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #538
USA
2/9/2018  1:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:19. Jazz 26-28
20. Hornets 23-31
21. Lakers 23-31
22. Knicks 23-33

23. Bulls 18-35
24. Nets 19-37
25. Griz 18-36
26. Magic 18-36
27. Suns 18-38
28. Kings 17-36
29. Hawks 17-38
30. Mavs 17-38

we've gained 3 spots due to the jazz, Lakers and Hornets surging lately (long may it continue!). Problem is there is a big gap for us no make up with the 8 teams below us (who weirdly all have essentially the same record)- I'll look up how many games those teams all have against each other at some point as that could be the decider. Those 4 wins vs the Nets are really hurting us. However the Nets won't tank (don't own their own pick) and we have to hope Bulls rediscover their winning ways soon (they had a little surge a few weeks ago). magic have also had a few wins lately- hopefully now they've traded away payton, they'll win some more (his advance stats were bad)We can't afford to win any more games!

This site is now our god:

http://www.tankathon.com

I will never regret a win over the Nets...

It's best to temper your tank expectations. 26 games to go...we may not win many, but we won't go 0-26 either. My only hope for the last third of the season is that we see a surge from Frank and/or Mudiay.

On a side note, I wound up with NYK as the #1 pick on tankathon (only took me 17 attempts!)

"I must break you." - Kristaps Porzingis to Rocky Balboa
VCoug
Posts: 24829
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2007
Member: #1406

2/9/2018  1:38 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
magicTs wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I don't want to tank. I don't believe in it. I believe that building a winning culture is more important.

Thats been going well.


The roster we have now...Do you think they should be part of our team in the future? Are you getting rid of all of them once you get that extra ping pong ball? If you are not then you just showed these players that its ok to lose and not try. To build a team you need accountability. You need players that will show fight and pride. Since most of these players will be here next year then you want to build that team and you do that by trying to win and installing a winning if not a hard working culture. It's all about the team not an extra ping pong ball that has no guarantee will produce a franchise player or even an all-star player.

No, most of them suck. We have one player that should be part of our future, KP, and one player that we hope will become part of our future, Ntilikina (and I guess Mudiay now). Literally everyone else on the roster, with one exception, is at best league-average for their position and easily replaceable. The one exception is Kanter but he's so bad defensively he's virtually unplayable against good teams.

Knicksfans Forzingis!
BRIGGS
Posts: 50392
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
2/9/2018  1:48 PM
Marvin Bagley is the ultimate prize here--hes the franchise changer.

Trae Young is a close second


Aftre that you bhave some really high end prospects but they wont effect the team like those two will. POrter I just havent seen in some HS videos he tends to float a bit but he might be better than Simmons to give some color.

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.