Member: #452
USA
4/14/2018  2:33 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:Cavs let Cedi Ossman run wild for 39 minutes to ensure its loss.
Knicks never had a chance.

Oh we had a chance - we needed to let some g-league scrub/s run just as wild. But no our ****head coach was too smart for that.

other than Frank, the six guys that played over 21 minutes last night for the Knicks all spent significant time in the g league this year. Getting the win sucked but the guys that played for the Knicks just played hard. Who was left on the bench that wasn't injured would you have played?

G-league wasn't the point and I think you know it. He could have found ways to lose and he didn't. Burke should have before replaced by Mudiay. Play Lance Thomas, Baker whoever can't score. Don't keep people out there having career games. I am not up to date on injuries though.

Mudiay had a concussion. Baker has been out for the season since the end of January. Thomas did play some but subbing out Thomas for Hicks has to help the tank most nights.

we played our worst players who wanted to win while other teams knew this would help the organization to slose. Team of selfish individuals vs the team. Nothing new here with the Knicks. This season was a complete waste of time. We are easily the worst team in the NBA without Porzingis and we still will end up picking in the late lottery.If we are lucky we are at least 2 years away from being competitive. If everything goes right in the next 2 years we can be the Bucks.We need to bide our time and go for the right FA's. No throwing long-term money at players just because they will take it

The guys the Knicks played are trying to have an nba career. You don't not try in that situation. Once the Knicks decided to play their young players after Porzingis's injury they lost a ton of games. It was a frustrating win against the cavs but the majority of minutes went to guys that had spent a lot of time in the g league this year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/14/2018  3:21 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Oh we had a chance - we needed to let some g-league scrub/s run just as wild. But no our ****head coach was too smart for that.

other than Frank, the six guys that played over 21 minutes last night for the Knicks all spent significant time in the g league this year. Getting the win sucked but the guys that played for the Knicks just played hard. Who was left on the bench that wasn't injured would you have played?

G-league wasn't the point and I think you know it. He could have found ways to lose and he didn't. Burke should have before replaced by Mudiay. Play Lance Thomas, Baker whoever can't score. Don't keep people out there having career games. I am not up to date on injuries though.

Mudiay had a concussion. Baker has been out for the season since the end of January. Thomas did play some but subbing out Thomas for Hicks has to help the tank most nights.

we played our worst players who wanted to win while other teams knew this would help the organization to slose. Team of selfish individuals vs the team. Nothing new here with the Knicks. This season was a complete waste of time. We are easily the worst team in the NBA without Porzingis and we still will end up picking in the late lottery.If we are lucky we are at least 2 years away from being competitive. If everything goes right in the next 2 years we can be the Bucks

I guess I understand a certain level of disappointment and frustration with the Knicks but you are moving into the pathetic complaining with no apparent point area

Aren't you tired of losing every single year with no end in sight. I'm tired of watching our front office make pointless signings like Hardaway assuring late lottery finishes. I'm sure we will do it again this year making a pointless move for to many years and 5 million to much a season that will add 3-5 wins and doom us another season in the late lottery. Can we just tank a couple seasons already so maybe just maybe we get another franchise talent. I'd rather do that than hope Emmanuel Mudiay and Michael Beasley become All Stars

Not just one way to build a contender but you do have to be smart and lucky

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/14/2018  4:17 PM
nicks were 17-14.
Yes it was a home heavy schedule. Yes there was hope the team could work to improve its road woes.
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

4/14/2018  5:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2018  5:56 PM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

we played our worst players who wanted to win while other teams knew this would help the organization to slose. Team of selfish individuals vs the team. Nothing new here with the Knicks. This season was a complete waste of time. We are easily the worst team in the NBA without Porzingis and we still will end up picking in the late lottery.If we are lucky we are at least 2 years away from being competitive. If everything goes right in the next 2 years we can be the Bucks

I guess I understand a certain level of disappointment and frustration with the Knicks but you are moving into the pathetic complaining with no apparent point area

Aren't you tired of losing every single year with no end in sight. I'm tired of watching our front office make pointless signings like Hardaway assuring late lottery finishes. I'm sure we will do it again this year making a pointless move for to many years and 5 million to much a season that will add 3-5 wins and doom us another season in the late lottery. Can we just tank a couple seasons already so maybe just maybe we get another franchise talent. I'd rather do that than hope Emmanuel Mudiay and Michael Beasley become All Stars

Yeah Chris Paul and Harden weren't picked by the Rockets but they were the 3rd and 4th pick in the draft, Boston has Irving a number 1 pick and Horford a number 3 pick, so yeah there is a very high correlation between the best players in the NBA and where they were picked in the draft. We aren't signing top tier max Free agents giving out deals to Noah, Kanter, and Hardaway jr.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
USA
4/14/2018  6:38 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Yeah Chris Paul and Harden weren't picked by the Rockets but they were the 3rd and 4th pick in the draft, Boston has Irving a number 1 pick and Horford a number 3 pick, so yeah there is a very high correlation between the best players in the NBA and where they were picked in the draft. We aren't signing top tier max Free agents giving out deals to Noah, Kanter, and Hardaway jr.

Good thing those guys will be off the cap in a few. Meanwhile, Knicks have their own #4 pick, #8 last year, #9 this year, former #9, and another high pick next year. The Knicks will be bad next year, probably top 5 bad, so you must be happy about that AND the fact that they will have max free agent space next summer to get our own CP3 or Horford or Irving.

See how that works?

Jmpasq

4/14/2018  7:59 PM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Good thing those guys will be off the cap in a few. Meanwhile, Knicks have their own #4 pick, #8 last year, #9 this year, former #9, and another high pick next year. The Knicks will be bad next year, probably top 5 bad, so you must be happy about that AND the fact that they will have max free agent space next summer to get our own CP3 or Horford or Irving.

See how that works?

If everything goes perfectly the losing could be over in 15 months

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
wargames
Member: #6053

4/14/2018  9:29 PM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

See how that works?

I don't know if we're top 5 bad, I think the Knicks are going to pull a Lakers (or a better thought out 2010 Knicks plan) and play their youth to win enough to show they have value, to try and attract a 2019 UFA. Like being bad in the Knicks division isn't something you want to get to use too as the Boston and Philly teams improve and start making long runs.

The smarter move would be to develop the youth in 2019, get a good piece this year, have KP come back, and then show the best UFA likely to be on the market in Kawhi that he should come to NYC.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
USA
4/14/2018  9:52 PM
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

See how that works?

I don't know if we're top 5 bad, I think the Knicks are going to pull a Lakers (or a better thought out 2010 Knicks plan) and play their youth to win enough to show they have value, to try and attract a 2019 UFA. Like being bad in the Knicks division isn't something you want to get to use too as the Boston and Philly teams improve and start making long runs.

The smarter move would be to develop the youth in 2019, get a good piece this year, have KP come back, and then show the best UFA likely to be on the market in Kawhi that he should come to NYC.

Remind me how they are going to be better than the second worse record over the past 50 games of this past season? KP ain’t coming back til 2019.

Jmpasq

4/15/2018  11:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2018  11:24 AM
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

See how that works?

Remind me how they are going to be better than the second worse record over the past 50 games of this past season? KP ain’t coming back til 2019.

Yep, best case next year is we lose a ton at the start, like 5-45. KP comes back and finish 17-15 with KP averaging 25 and 10. We get the first pick plus enough for a max, boom we are good again.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/15/2018  12:06 PM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

See how that works?

But it doesn't work - we pick 9th, when we are easily a bottom 5 team in the league. We shoot ourselves in the ass doing this every year.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
4/15/2018  12:49 PM
Identify factors that advantage our probabilities.

Overall, downsize the operation until KP's return, and reassess with more spending power and less uncertainty about current assets.

1. Search the "futures" market for existing "assets", THJr and Courtney Lee.
2. Keep an eye on Burke's value - it may be at peak now given his salary for the next year. Have no problem keeping him, but there may be a value trade available.
3. If targeting draftees with "potential", prefer potential based on atypical skill rather than largely physical attribute.
4. Find ways to group decisions, in the draft and free agency. This is why Philly's 10 pick is a valuable target; it allows you to select back to back at 9 and 10 and select players for synergy.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/15/2018  1:10 PM
codeunknown wrote:Identify factors that advantage our probabilities.

Overall, downsize the operation until KP's return, and reassess with more spending power and less uncertainty about current assets.

2. Keep an eye on Burke's value - it may be at peak now given his salary for the next year. Have no problem keeping him, but there may be a value trade available.
3. If targeting draftees with "potential", prefer potential based on atypical skill rather than largely physical attribute.
4. Find ways to group decisions, in the draft and free agency. This is why Philly's 10 pick is a valuable target; it allows you to select back to back at 9 and 10 and select players for synergy.

KPs recent comments sound like he's not too enthused about sticking around for a long rebuild, nor is he full of enthusiasm with the franchise. Understandable, but maybe we need to start considering whether to trade him (rather than wait for him to kick up a fuss in the last year of his contract) or wait and see if the new coach can get him back on board.

codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
4/15/2018  1:33 PM
smackeddog wrote:

KPs recent comments sound like he's not too enthused about sticking around for a long rebuild, nor is he full of enthusiasm with the franchise. Understandable, but maybe we need to start considering whether to trade him (rather than wait for him to kick up a fuss in the last year of his contract) or wait and see if the new coach can get him back on board.

KP's modus operandi thus far is not well thought out; he's a kid who is overestimating his leverage, especially with his injury. KP has never constructed, recruited for, appraised or coached a team, led a business or been part of strategic planning, managed large resources, led a data analytics department, or made decisions regarding the NBA salary cap or tax management.

Management should completely disregard KP's "impatience" (as he was quoted) while making him feel that his "voice" is being heard. Continue to do their part in the common goal of maximizing his recovery. In the process, construct a balanced team that can't be held hostage by anyone.

KP won't turn down significantly extra money, unless he suffered a brain injury in addition to his knee injury. The odds are heavily in our favor to retain him, if we choose to do so. And build a culture, where organization roles are defined without boundaries being violated at the expense of the team.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Jmpasq

4/15/2018  1:43 PM

I still don't get why the Knicks had to go a 4th year for Hardaway that decision was ridiculously bad. They could of had a clean cap except for lottery picks and Porzingis 2 years now. We could of had space for 2 max FA's to pair with Frank, 2018 lottery pick, 2019 Lottery Pick, 2nd round picks, maybe Burke, Maybe O'Quinn. I don't understand how Mills could be so short-sighted. I feel like any FO person with an 1/8 of a brain could of realized that

meloshouldgo

4/15/2018  1:48 PM
Does anyone else think Cleveland will pick Mikal Bridges ahead of us? They'll need a rotation worthy forward inthe post LeBron era that starts in a month or so.
If that happens- does Wendell Carter fall to us?
Jmpasq

4/15/2018  1:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Thats why I wanted to trade him. His attitude towards our rebuild and injury concerns. It was never about his pure talent. Now because of his injuries he is worth maybe half of what he was last year. We could probably get 1 lottery pick now. Last year we get 2 and some. Porzingis is talented but the Knicks have done a **** job of acquiring talent. I believe there is a good chance he walks and we get pennies on the dollar for him.
meloshouldgo

4/15/2018  2:03 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Thats why I wanted to trade him. His attitude towards our rebuild and injury concerns. It was never about his pure talent. Now because of his injuries he is worth maybe half of what he was last year. We could probably get 1 lottery pick now. Last year we get 2 and some. Porzingis is talented but the Knicks have done a **** job of acquiring talent. I believe there is a good chance he walks and we get pennies on the dollar for him.

It's a risk you have to take. KP isn't LeBron he has accomplished diddly-squat (yeah he had a great 15 games) - if he wants shortcuts to success then he is already electing to be a marginal star

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/15/2018  3:56 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

It's a risk you have to take. KP isn't LeBron he has accomplished diddly-squat (yeah he had a great 15 games) - if he wants shortcuts to success then he is already electing to be a marginal star

He definitely p’d me off last off-season. I’d move him for a top 3 pick in this years draft

martin
USA
4/16/2018  11:22 AM
Feel like Carter declaring for draft will have big impact on what type of player Knicks will get if they end up at the likely pick of #9

reub
Member: #6227

4/16/2018  11:43 AM
martin wrote:Feel like Carter declaring for draft will have big impact on what type of player Knicks will get if they end up at the likely pick of #9

Yes I agree. There seem to be 9 top players, including Carter. We need him to declare for the draft.
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy