[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
4/11/2018  2:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2018  2:21 PM
martin wrote:IMHO can't be ANY complaints about how Knicks played out this season. When KP was hot and rolling like an all world Unicorn, Knicks played to win. After wheels started to come off, they tanked hard. Maybe not on purpose, but record plays out.

I don't think anybody was confident that KP would continue that stretch of good play. It was his first time as the lone franchise player, so he came out to prove a point....then trailed off back to earth. I think without KP, our record reflects how bad this roster was. And using the words tanking is just a cover up. We didn't start taking until they sat Jack, and that was weeks after KP went down. So JH tried and players tried to win! JH security wasn't stable so he has something prove and G league players are always trying to make it in the NBA, so they were not tanking. We just sucked and KP covered some of our flaws earlier in the season.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
reub
Member: #6227

4/11/2018  3:36 PM
If Brooklyn wins tonight and passes us I promise to root for them as my second team next season.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/11/2018  4:38 PM
Hopefully this is the last game Hornacek will be coaching - hope he doesn't screw us over by winning!
blkexec
4/11/2018  5:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:Hopefully this is the last game Hornacek will be coaching - hope he doesn't screw us over by winning!

I'm assuming this is sarcasm. JH been trying to win games since he came here. That's not going to stop now. You can thank Phil and Mill for giving JH a roster he couldn't win with if he tried (as we can see).

You know why I don't give coaches too much credit? Give JH the warriors roster when healthy, and he will win it all. Give Steve Kerr the knicks roster and he will be ran out of town like JH.

The problem is not coaching....But at the same time, I'm not sure the answer is JH. lol

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/11/2018  5:40 PM
We all rooting for Chicago tonight, right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/11/2018  6:12 PM
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/11/2018  7:56 PM
martin wrote:We all rooting for Chicago tonight, right?

Yeah...well wait till we hear that the Bulls have brought up 5 G-league players because their entire starting 5 has a stomach virus...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
blkexec
4/11/2018  11:53 PM
blkexec wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Hopefully this is the last game Hornacek will be coaching - hope he doesn't screw us over by winning!

I'm assuming this is sarcasm. JH been trying to win games since he came here. That's not going to stop now. You can thank Phil and Mill for giving JH a roster he couldn't win with if he tried (as we can see).

You know why I don't give coaches too much credit? Give JH the warriors roster when healthy, and he will win it all. Give Steve Kerr the knicks roster and he will be ran out of town like JH.

The problem is not coaching....But at the same time, I'm not sure the answer is JH. lol

Well....Don't say I didn't tell you this would happen, before it happened....lmao

JH is trying to feed his kids. He's advertising for the next job.

G leaguers are hungry.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/12/2018  2:09 AM
To add insult to injury the kings won today - if we hadn't gone for those last 2 meaningless wins we could have been looking at the 6th pick. Instead we've opted for 9th
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/12/2018  2:41 AM
smackeddog wrote:To add insult to injury the kings won today - if we hadn't gone for those last 2 meaningless wins we could have been looking at the 6th pick. Instead we've opted for 9th

Cavs didn't want this game, but we beat two playoff teams fighting for position...Miami and Washington, in games you figured we couldn't/wouldn't win.

Frustrating.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/12/2018  8:20 AM
Cavs let Cedi Ossman run wild for 39 minutes to ensure its loss.
Knicks never had a chance.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/12/2018  8:29 PM
Nalod wrote:Cavs let Cedi Ossman run wild for 39 minutes to ensure its loss.

Oh we had a chance - we needed to let some g-league scrub/s run just as wild. But no our ****head coach was too smart for that.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/12/2018  11:06 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Oh we had a chance - we needed to let some g-league scrub/s run just as wild. But no our ****head coach was too smart for that.

other than Frank, the six guys that played over 21 minutes last night for the Knicks all spent significant time in the g league this year. Getting the win sucked but the guys that played for the Knicks just played hard. Who was left on the bench that wasn't injured would you have played?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/13/2018  8:24 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:

You apparently didn't see Kornet and Hicks playing from mid 3rd on without coming out of the game.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/13/2018  4:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

other than Frank, the six guys that played over 21 minutes last night for the Knicks all spent significant time in the g league this year. Getting the win sucked but the guys that played for the Knicks just played hard. Who was left on the bench that wasn't injured would you have played?

G-league wasn't the point and I think you know it. He could have found ways to lose and he didn't. Burke should have before replaced by Mudiay. Play Lance Thomas, Baker whoever can't score. Don't keep people out there having career games. I am not up to date on injuries though.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
USA
4/13/2018  4:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

G-league wasn't the point and I think you know it. He could have found ways to lose and he didn't. Burke should have before replaced by Mudiay. Play Lance Thomas, Baker whoever can't score. Don't keep people out there having career games. I am not up to date on injuries though.

Then stop responding, it's making you look very embarrassing. Really man, you have failed hard in this reply.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/13/2018  6:19 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Mudiay had a concussion. Baker has been out for the season since the end of January. Thomas did play some but subbing out Thomas for Hicks has to help the tank most nights.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/14/2018  1:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2018  2:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Mudiay had a concussion. Baker has been out for the season since the end of January. Thomas did play some but subbing out Thomas for Hicks has to help the tank most nights.

we played our worst players who wanted to win while other teams knew this would help the organization to slose. Team of selfish individuals vs the team. Nothing new here with the Knicks. This season was a complete waste of time. We are easily the worst team in the NBA without Porzingis and we still will end up picking in the late lottery.If we are lucky we are at least 2 years away from being competitive. If everything goes right in the next 2 years we can be the Bucks.We need to bide our time and go for the right FA's. No throwing long-term money at players just because they will take it

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
USA
4/14/2018  2:00 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

we played our worst players who wanted to win while other teams knew this would help the organization to slose. Team of selfish individuals vs the team. Nothing new here with the Knicks. This season was a complete waste of time. We are easily the worst team in the NBA without Porzingis and we still will end up picking in the late lottery.If we are lucky we are at least 2 years away from being competitive. If everything goes right in the next 2 years we can be the Bucks

I guess I understand a certain level of disappointment and frustration with the Knicks but you are moving into the pathetic complaining with no apparent point area

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/14/2018  2:17 PM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

we played our worst players who wanted to win while other teams knew this would help the organization to slose. Team of selfish individuals vs the team. Nothing new here with the Knicks. This season was a complete waste of time. We are easily the worst team in the NBA without Porzingis and we still will end up picking in the late lottery.If we are lucky we are at least 2 years away from being competitive. If everything goes right in the next 2 years we can be the Bucks

I guess I understand a certain level of disappointment and frustration with the Knicks but you are moving into the pathetic complaining with no apparent point area

Aren't you tired of losing every single year with no end in sight. I'm tired of watching our front office make pointless signings like Hardaway assuring late lottery finishes. I'm sure we will do it again this year making a pointless move for to many years and 5 million to much a season that will add 3-5 wins and doom us another season in the late lottery. Can we just tank a couple seasons already so maybe just maybe we get another franchise talent. I'd rather do that than hope Emmanuel Mudiay and Michael Beasley become All Stars

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy