[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/3/2018  6:15 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I want DeVincenzo in the second round - watched him in 4 games now.

Either Spellman or DeVincinzo would be good picks at 37.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

4/3/2018  10:52 PM
whoot whoot Bulls win, so do the Mavs. Sacramento is playing the Suns, could we pull within a game of 7?
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/3/2018  10:59 PM
Jmpasq wrote:whoot whoot Bulls win, so do the Mavs. Sacramento is playing the Suns, could we pull within a game of 7?
Awesome. Really glad we don't have a dinosaur running things that wants to draft a player to play an antiquated system. Really tired of getting highlights sent to my phone of guys that weren't triangle worthy in the last draft.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/4/2018  11:35 AM
Jmpasq wrote:whoot whoot Bulls win, so do the Mavs. Sacramento is playing the Suns, could we pull within a game of 7?

Kings frikin lost to the suns in close game killer

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/4/2018  1:57 PM
Knicks Draft Big Board from BR:

Plan A: Mikal Bridges (Villanova, SF, Junior)

Bridges would be a dream prospect for the New York Knicks at No. 9, where they won't be able to draft a potential franchise talent like Ayton or Doncic. They could use a defensive-minded shooter at the wing between Tim Hardaway Jr. and a healthy Kristaps Porzingis.

Plan B: Michael Porter Jr. (Missouri, SF/PF, Freshman)

Ideally, the Knicks add Porter to play the 4 with Porzingis at the 5. Porter could give New York a higher-upside scorer than Hardaway, who's currently the second option. The 6'10" combo forward offers mismatch potential with his big-man size and face-up perimeter skills out to the arc.

Plan C: Trae Young (Oklahoma, PG, Freshman)

Trey Burke is generating positive buzz with his breakout play in New York, but the sample size won't be enough to convince management he's the point guard of the future. If Bridges is gone, the Knicks should look to Young, who'd give the lineup another scoring and playmaking weapon alongside Frank Ntilikina. Competition for minutes between Young and Burke wouldn't be a bad thing for either player.

Plan D: Miles Bridges (Michigan State, SF/PF, Sophomore)

One of the most athletic forwards in the draft, Bridges can work as an interchangeable forward with his mix of power and shooting. He'd fit best at the 4 next to Porzingis, where he can use his explosiveness and quickness most to his advantage. Bridges still needs work on his ball-handling and shot-creating, but he made strides his sophomore year as a pull-up scorer and ball-screen threat.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/4/2018  2:43 PM

Too late for mavs to matter, only 2 that count now are bulls and nets, who play each other twice too. So best case (not very likely) we can move up 2 spots, quite possible we can move up at least 1 spot.

reub
Member: #6227

4/4/2018  4:07 PM
Knixkik wrote:Knicks Draft Big Board from BR:

Bridges would be a dream prospect for the New York Knicks at No. 9, where they won't be able to draft a potential franchise talent like Ayton or Doncic. They could use a defensive-minded shooter at the wing between Tim Hardaway Jr. and a healthy Kristaps Porzingis.

Ideally, the Knicks add Porter to play the 4 with Porzingis at the 5. Porter could give New York a higher-upside scorer than Hardaway, who's currently the second option. The 6'10" combo forward offers mismatch potential with his big-man size and face-up perimeter skills out to the arc.

Trey Burke is generating positive buzz with his breakout play in New York, but the sample size won't be enough to convince management he's the point guard of the future. If Bridges is gone, the Knicks should look to Young, who'd give the lineup another scoring and playmaking weapon alongside Frank Ntilikina. Competition for minutes between Young and Burke wouldn't be a bad thing for either player.

One of the most athletic forwards in the draft, Bridges can work as an interchangeable forward with his mix of power and shooting. He'd fit best at the 4 next to Porzingis, where he can use his explosiveness and quickness most to his advantage. Bridges still needs work on his ball-handling and shot-creating, but he made strides his sophomore year as a pull-up scorer and ball-screen threat.

I like the idea of drafting Michael Porter Jr. and letting him sit the entire season so his back heals completely. We would get the top pick next year that way too so the 2019-2020 season would see Porter Jr, KP, Frank and the 2019 top pick (RJ Barrett?) all hitting the floor together.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/4/2018  7:45 PM
Was looking at Wendall Carter vs Karl Anthony Towns when he was coming out of Kentucky. And their #s are pretty damn similar across the board. From per 40 to all advanced stats. Towns measured beater defensively while Carter measured better offensively.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/4/2018  7:52 PM
reub wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Knicks Draft Big Board from BR:

I like the idea of drafting Michael Porter Jr. and letting him sit the entire season so his back heals completely. We would get the top pick next year that way too so the 2019-2020 season would see Porter Jr, KP, Frank and the 2019 top pick (RJ Barrett?) all hitting the floor together.

I doubt Porter jr is there but he would be a no brainer

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/4/2018  9:45 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Was looking at Wendall Carter vs Karl Anthony Towns when he was coming out of Kentucky. And their #s are pretty damn similar across the board. From per 40 to all advanced stats. Towns measured beater defensively while Carter measured better offensively.
I have only seen Carter play a couple of times but one of draftnet's comparisons is Juwan Howard. I got the chance to see Howard play live early on in his career and he was one of the most impressive players I have ever seen live.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
reub
Member: #6227

4/4/2018  10:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Was looking at Wendall Carter vs Karl Anthony Towns when he was coming out of Kentucky. And their #s are pretty damn similar across the board. From per 40 to all advanced stats. Towns measured beater defensively while Carter measured better offensively.
I have only seen Carter play a couple of times but one of draftnet's comparisons is Juwan Howard. I got the chance to see Howard play live early on in his career and he was one of the most impressive players I have ever seen live.

Carter will be better defensively.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/4/2018  10:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I read the Al Horford comparisons, maybe better offensively but not as good defensively?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
4/4/2018  10:42 PM
If the Nets win both Chi games and we all lose the rest it will be a three way tie!
smackeddog
4/5/2018  3:36 AM
Zebo13 wrote:If the Nets win both Chi games and we all lose the rest it will be a three way tie!

Problem is it then goes to a coin toss, so knowing our luck we'd lose both!

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
4/5/2018  10:34 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:If the Nets win both Chi games and we all lose the rest it will be a three way tie!
Problem is it then goes to a coin toss, so knowing our luck we'd lose both!
For real
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/5/2018  4:42 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I read the Al Horford comparisons, maybe better offensively but not as good defensively?

Yeah the Horford comparisons are all over the place. I think Carter has good potential defensively. He is one of the more balanced big man prospects we have seen in a long time. He is one of those guys who should put up numbers in the league that he did in college pretty quickly.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/5/2018  10:19 PM
Nets beat Bucks!!!!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

4/5/2018  10:46 PM
martin wrote:Nets beat Bucks!!!!

THE GODDAMNED NYETS JUST BEAT THE MILAWAUKEE BUCKS.(I think we should say this 15 times, just to make sure it sinks in)

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
magicTs
Member: #5564

4/5/2018  11:30 PM
So now if the Bulls and Nets split their games the Bulls finish ahead of us and the Nets and us would have a coin toss for 7th / 8th spot.

* this is assuming we don't do anything stupid ourselves!

smackeddog
4/6/2018  3:32 AM
magicTs wrote:So now if the Bulls and Nets split their games the Bulls finish ahead of us and the Nets and us would have a coin toss for 7th / 8th spot.

* this is assuming we don't do anything stupid ourselves!

We will do something stupid, but this win helps give us a bit of a safety buffer

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy