[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/24/2018  12:57 AM
Just watching both players tonight- I’d take cater over bridges. He can do much more for a team.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

3/24/2018  6:45 AM
Amazing how much tanking wwe have done and haven't moved up 1 spot. At this point losing out might not even get us to 8.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/24/2018  9:53 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Just watching both players tonight- I’d take cater over bridges. He can do much more for a team.

I disagree, although both are great options.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/24/2018  12:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Just watching both players tonight- I’d take cater over bridges. He can do much more for a team.

You have until june to change your mind as many times as you wish.
Villanova is impressive. Brunson looks polished but hard to gauge. Could be a Bibby, Could be his dad, could be Burke?
Bridges looks smooth, 6-8 Allan Houston smooth.
Sat with some friends and we all agreed we would vote for Jay Wright if he ran for POTUS. Dude looks like James Freaking Bond! Huggy in comparison looks like a bad ad for diabetes.
Good coaches both! Not sure how good Wright would be at the pro level but he'd damn look good doing it. Got that Pat Riley cool. We were laughing, he'd move and smooth out his suit which had not a freaking wrinkle. Im in a suit and tie every day BTW. His pocket Square was spot on! Dude was full George Clooney! LOL..........
All this don't mean they are NBA Knick ready. Briggs falling in love every night! Don't we all?

Knixkik
USA
3/24/2018  1:44 PM
I won't waiver from Bridges being my top choice. I've been high on him all year. I want the best shooter and defender in the draft.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/24/2018  1:48 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Amazing how much tanking wwe have done and haven't moved up 1 spot. At this point losing out might not even get us to 8.

That's why I wanted to tank much earlier. What really bites are the 4 wins vs the Nets- take those off and we're at 5th with a shot at the top 3. Still, I think our record when I started this thread January 6th was 18 wins- so in all this time we've only added 4 victories.

However, last year, bizarrely, if we'd won one more game, we could have ended up with he 3rd pick in the 2017 draft (Kings finished with one more win than us, but jumped to third in the lottery). In the KP draft if we'd lost one more game we could have ended 1st (Twolves had one more loss and jumped to 1st in the draft). Basically we're cursed either way.

reub
Member: #6227

3/24/2018  2:42 PM
Knixkik wrote:I won't waiver from Bridges being my top choice. I've been high on him all year. I want the best shooter and defender in the draft.

If we have Trae Young, Mikal Bridges and Carter to choose from I'll want all three. We couldn't go wrong there.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/24/2018  3:23 PM
reub wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I won't waiver from Bridges being my top choice. I've been high on him all year. I want the best shooter and defender in the draft.

If we have Trae Young, Mikal Bridges and Carter to choose from I'll want all three. We couldn't go wrong there.
Young is a tough guy to judge. He is one of three guys to lead the ncaa in scoring and assists and could impact the game on offense like Steph/Lillard. But there are so many concerns as well. Hopefully the Knicks continue to scout well and get this right.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/24/2018  5:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2018  5:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Hey Eny, you inspired me to play poweball. I won.......7 bucks!!! Was honestly happy because its the most Ive ever won in any lottery, ever. LOL

Believe in the power of the word!!!!

But yo... play that when I said to play it! Let's keep that ball rolling!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/24/2018  6:11 PM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Hey Eny, you inspired me to play poweball. I won.......7 bucks!!! Was honestly happy because its the most Ive ever won in any lottery, ever. LOL

Believe in the power of the word!!!!

But yo... play that when I said to play it! Let's keep that ball rolling!

Hmmmmm cant help but notice "Father Eny" that I have yet to hear an offer to make me stupid powerball rich if such good fortune befalls you......

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
3/24/2018  6:43 PM

Nalod- Bridges looks smooth, 6-8 Allan Houston smooth.

I don't see it. Bridges is 6'7"and thin, no way anything close a shooter to Houston. Bridges looks like a decent player but no way a star, no way a 20 pt a night scorer. Not what you want for a 8th pick. He is way too small for guarding some NBA small forwards. I'm ok with him with the 20th pick, looking for a star with the 8th pick. I also don't want the other Bridges either

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BRIGGS
3/24/2018  8:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2018  8:01 PM
BigRedDog wrote:

I don't see it. Bridges is 6'7"and thin, no way anything close a shooter to Houston. Bridges looks like a decent player but no way a star, no way a 20 pt a night scorer. Not what you want for a 8th pick. He is way too small for guarding some NBA small forwards. I'm ok with him with the 20th pick, looking for a star with the 8th pick. I also don't want the other Bridges either

I'm kind of with you. First off I'm 100% with you on miles bridges and I don't like Jackson either. I like mikal but I agree with your sentiment-- he's a nice piece for the right team-- a more athletic Danny green and that's a nice piece. But I'd probably go in a different direction

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/24/2018  8:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

Young is a tough guy to judge. He is one of three guys to lead the ncaa in scoring and assists and could impact the game on offense like Steph/Lillard. But there are so many concerns as well. Hopefully the Knicks continue to scout well and get this right.

I would not pass on young. Watch his videos when he played with the best kids in his class.

If we don't move down or up I think I'd be happy with one of Carter sexton or Young

RIP Crushalot😞
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/24/2018  10:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

I would not pass on young. Watch his videos when he played with the best kids in his class.

If we don't move down or up I think I'd be happy with one of Carter sexton or Young

Agree with you on Bridges...He's a 3 and D guy but he still has a ways to go. Needs to get stronger, and put the ball on the floor to create his own shot. He will be better suited on a team that has guards that can get into the pain and dish. Briges is more of a stand still shooter...He wont look as good with us early on....I feel like we need a more impact player in this draft. Sexton and Young have a higher ceiling. Dont see Carter dropping all the way to 9...Young will be snatched up by the Bulls, right before us if he is still on the board

Knixkik
USA
3/24/2018  10:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2018  10:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

I'm kind of with you. First off I'm 100% with you on miles bridges and I don't like Jackson either. I like mikal but I agree with your sentiment-- he's a nice piece for the right team-- a more athletic Danny green and that's a nice piece. But I'd probably go in a different direction

You guys are underselling his star potential. A rich man's Otto Porter is a star, no doubt about it. There's a reason Porter got 100M. Scoring 20 a night doesn't necessarily make a star. There's other ways to do it.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/24/2018  11:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2018  11:52 PM
Yeah, I want the 25 year old finished Allan Houston, not the skinny kid on his dads team that didn’t finish no 1 seeds on a balanced team.
I want Trae young video dude, not the kid that lost like 9 of last 11 games who missed shots.
I’m also very impressionable to the moment too.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/25/2018  7:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2018  7:44 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

You guys are underselling his star potential. A rich man's Otto Porter is a star, no doubt about it. There's a reason Porter got 100M. Scoring 20 a night doesn't necessarily make a star. There's other ways to do it.

I want him for his defense, put Mikal and Frank on the floor together on the wing with KP at the rim you have the makings of a great defensive team. We will still need our ball dominant guard but there is a lot of those in the NBA and wouldn't be shocked if Kemba ends up here eventually.
I like Mikal a lot I just hope he gets to 9. I do agree with some of the worries about strength he needs some more weight on him and his age suggests he may not fill out much more.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
USA
3/25/2018  9:13 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

I want him for his defense, put Mikal and Frank on the floor together on the wing with KP at the rim you have the makings of a great defensive team. We will still need our ball dominant guard but there is a lot of those in the NBA and wouldn't be shocked if Kemba ends up here eventually.
I like Mikal a lot I just hope he gets to 9. I do agree with some of the worries about strength he needs some more weight on him and his age suggests he may not fill out much more.

My thought exactly too. If we build that defensive foundation then add a guy like Walker, this team will be in great shape.

BRIGGS
3/25/2018  11:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2018  12:04 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

Id even throw Knox in this group. Have to remember hes 18 years old too. At one point I felt he was top 3.

Im going to assume the top 5 will be

Aayton
Doncic
Bagley
Porter
Bamba

so that leaves a list of

Jackson Carter Young Sexton Knox Mikal Bridges (these will be the potential Knicks choices at 9)

We can add in SAG but were not taking him as we have Frank.

That is your top players in the lottery--although doesnt mean they may be the best players in the draft obviously.

My guess is we pick out of Knox Carter Sexton Young. I just think Bridges is a SG at the pro level and we are into two of them already big$$$. We have needs at PG SF and C

Right now Im at

#1 Sexton #2 Young #3 Carter #4 Knox

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/25/2018  12:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:

Id even throw Knox in this group. Have to remember hes 18 years old too. At one point I felt he was top 3.

Im going to assume the top 5 will be

Aayton
Doncic
Bagley
Porter
Bamba

so that leaves a list of

Jackson Carter Young Sexton Knox Mikal Bridges (these will be the potential Knicks choices at 9)

We can add in SAG but were not taking him as we have Frank.

That is your top players in the lottery--although doesnt mean they may be the best players in the draft obviously.

My guess is we pick out of Knox Carter Sexton Young. I just think Bridges is a SG at the pro level and we are into two of them already big$$$. We have needs at PG SF and C

Right now Im at

#1 Sexton #2 Young #3 Carter #4 Knox

Outside of KP, I don't think anyone would say that ANY of the players on Knicks roster could be envisioned on a deep playoff team.

BPA, regardless of position.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy