fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/22/2018  8:44 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Skill Set? Tremendous shooter with NBA range, prolific scorer and tremendous passer. The lottery extends to 14 picks, at this point, there is no question that a guy, who led the NCAA in Scoring and Assist in the one of the elite conferences against t0p notch comp, is one of the 14 best prospects at this point.

Ever watch Irving and Curry try to play defense? If you draft a player like Young, its up to management to pair him with two-way players. Other than Irving, the Celts have a bunch of two-way-players on the floor with him at all times, as does the Warriors. Why can't Young play in the same backcourt as Frank? I mean Frank is an elite PNR defender I'm not saying pick Young at #1, but if we are picking @ 9 and Young is sitting there, we really have to give him strong consideration...

Yea... thats what people who like him say. 36% from 3 and 42% over all is a "tremendous shooter?" I bet Ron Baker shot better. Here's the thing... Curry and Irving are two of the best offensive players in the league.

It will come down to workouts. His body of works is like 10 great games and a lot of duds. Leading the NCAA in assists when also lead in TOs (just a guess) is impressive? Dude, do you actually look at his shot selection? That's a guy you want? He acts like Steph Curry but he's got Brandon Jenning's game.

Hey... Maybe Im wrong. Maybe he destroys it in workouts. I see a guy light years from being NBA ready. Is he a better prospect than Fox?

Dont you have any concern that it took the NCAA about 12 games to figure out how to shut this guy down? Im not jumping on you... Im just kinda salty over players who think shooting it more is the solution to literally everything
2nd half of his season was ABYSMAL

I vote for Fish to be wrong. He usually is.

Wasn't Young the first player to lead the NCAA in dimes and points...
Ever?! Grant it, he will have his challenges at next level, he will be a very good player. Uh ink he will surprise and go top 6. But this goes back to guys thinking the lottery is for picking role players. Ie. Frank the tank and SGA. SGA smells like another WCS, Winslow, Frank...etc.

I like Mikal Bridges. But think that by the time they win the Championship, he will be out of our reach.

yea and Kurt Thomas led the nation in scoring and rebounding. You love AAU players who jack shots and dont win too much. I can see why you would be enamored with him. We will see. I would love nothing more than Young to go top 5. Knock a better player down to us.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/22/2018  9:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2018  9:14 AM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Skill Set? Tremendous shooter with NBA range, prolific scorer and tremendous passer. The lottery extends to 14 picks, at this point, there is no question that a guy, who led the NCAA in Scoring and Assist in the one of the elite conferences against t0p notch comp, is one of the 14 best prospects at this point.

Ever watch Irving and Curry try to play defense? If you draft a player like Young, its up to management to pair him with two-way players. Other than Irving, the Celts have a bunch of two-way-players on the floor with him at all times, as does the Warriors. Why can't Young play in the same backcourt as Frank? I mean Frank is an elite PNR defender I'm not saying pick Young at #1, but if we are picking @ 9 and Young is sitting there, we really have to give him strong consideration...

Yea... thats what people who like him say. 36% from 3 and 42% over all is a "tremendous shooter?" I bet Ron Baker shot better. Here's the thing... Curry and Irving are two of the best offensive players in the league.

It will come down to workouts. His body of works is like 10 great games and a lot of duds. Leading the NCAA in assists when also lead in TOs (just a guess) is impressive? Dude, do you actually look at his shot selection? That's a guy you want? He acts like Steph Curry but he's got Brandon Jenning's game.

Hey... Maybe Im wrong. Maybe he destroys it in workouts. I see a guy light years from being NBA ready. Is he a better prospect than Fox?

Dont you have any concern that it took the NCAA about 12 games to figure out how to shut this guy down? Im not jumping on you... Im just kinda salty over players who think shooting it more is the solution to literally everything

Ever?! Grant it, he will have his challenges at next level, he will be a very good player. Uh ink he will surprise and go top 6. But this goes back to guys thinking the lottery is for picking role players. Ie. Frank the tank and SGA. SGA smells like another WCS, Winslow, Frank...etc.

I like Mikal Bridges. But think that by the time they win the Championship, he will be out of our reach.

yea and Kurt Thomas led the nation in scoring and rebounding. You love AAU players who jack shots and dont win too much. I can see why you would be enamored with him. We will see. I would love nothing more than Young to go top 5. Knock a better player down to us.

Hey, Kurt Thomas was a very good NBA player. For many teams. Lol. And guess you missed the fact he was the FIRST player to lead in assists as well. Pretty good sign he may be a very good play maker. And you keep saying teams "Adjusted" and stopped him in second half of the year. You fail to mention that it was by double and triple teaming him. That won't happen in the NBA as he will have better talent around him. But I don't want to get into defending Trae Young cuz I probably like some other picks more in the top 10. Just think he will have more of an impact than SGA and not as bad as your claiming. Think your just hating on a Briggs pick. Although Briggs has hundreds. Do agree that he has the makings of a bust, due to his size, but most lottery picks have that chance as well.
But Isn't a guy like Trae a non issue for the Knicks? Thought we Needed a SF? Dont we already have Frankie?

Like guys that jack up shots?...nah. Do think that the lottery is where you can take a chance on getting the next Curry, Towns, LBJ. True those were risks as well but they became game changers. Don't think the lottery is where you play it safe and pick a role guy with a wingspan who can be had in later rounds. Ie. Frank or SGA.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/22/2018  9:35 AM
I hope if we draft Trae Young fans are patient while he grows into the high expectation.
fishmike
USA
3/22/2018  9:56 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Hey, Kurt Thomas was a very good NBA player. For many teams. Lol. And guess you missed the fact he was the FIRST player to lead in assists as well. Pretty good sign he may be a very good play maker. And you keep saying teams "Adjusted" and stopped him in second half of the year. You fail to mention that it was by double and triple teaming him. That won't happen in the NBA as he will have better talent around him. But I don't want to get into defending Trae Young cuz I probably like some other picks more in the top 10. Just think he will have more of an impact than SGA and not as bad as your claiming. Think your just hating on a Briggs pick. Although Briggs has hundreds. Do agree that he has the makings of a bust, due to his size, but most lottery picks have that chance as well.
But Isn't a guy like Trae a non issue for the Knicks? Thought we Needed a SF? Dont we already have Frankie?

Like guys that jack up shots?...nah. Do think that the lottery is where you can take a chance on getting the next Curry, Towns, LBJ. True those were risks as well but they became game changers. Don't think the lottery is where you play it safe and pick a role guy with a wingspan who can be had in later rounds. Ie. Frank or SGA.

Not hating on Young at all, or Briggs for that matter. Every year Briggs gives us about 20-30 players who are surefire NBA superstars and must haves. Its fun to chat about.

I just look for context. Young is shooting like 42% overall and 35% from 3. First off there is nothing Curry like about that. Second Young is a TO machine. 8-9 assists in college is much less impressive when you have 5+ TOs to go with it. Also his team was what? 18-14 and a pretty easy out in the tourney's first round. Finally how many guys like Young are successful in the NBA, much less stars? NBA wont have to double and triple team Young. Young isnt enough of a threat to finish around the basket for that. NBA will let him have his feast of long jumpers.

To me its pretty simple.. There arent any players like Young in the NBA. They dont work. The closest example is a guy who is probably the best shooter in the history of the game. The other guy is maybe Iverson?

For me its simple... Young needs to be shoot like Curry (he doesnt) or be as quick as Iverson (he isnt) to be a high end NBA player and that strikes me as a very bad gamble.

Bridges from Nova is my fav for the Knicks and has been for awhile. Hopefully that makes you uncomfortable as I know you like him also
I have same concerns about Sexton... size... shrimpy players. I would take SGA over either Young or Sexton in this draft. Easy. Also consider that Curry's combine scores wowed. He tested to be a far superior athlete than most gave him credit for. That remains to be seen with Young, but showing he's an explosive athlete would certainly help his cause in this conversation.

Nalod
USA
3/22/2018  10:11 AM
The league "process" will judge young and then its in the hands of his god.
Workouts measure. KP blew people away with his.

Came across this article this morning. never heard of this kid but he could enter in to the draft conversation:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22869177/anfernee-simons-declares-nba-draft-forgoing-collegiate-eligibility

reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

3/22/2018  12:30 PM
Porter should not be discounted. He may drop and I wouldn't mind waiting a whole year for him to heal so that we can get a high pick next year too.
fishmike
USA
3/22/2018  12:49 PM
reub wrote:Porter should not be discounted. He may drop and I wouldn't mind waiting a whole year for him to heal so that we can get a high pick next year too.
I just cant fathom him dropping to 9... he came back at end of the year. You can assume he's going to get in even better shape if he wants to. He's a lock for top 3. Sucks he missed a year of CBB so he might need a little time but so what. Thats probably a positive.

The REAL question is if the Knicks move to say 2 or 3 do you take Porter there?

blkexec
Member: #748
3/22/2018  1:52 PM
Nalod wrote:I hope if we draft Trae Young fans are patient while he grows into the high expectation.

Did you just use the words "fans" and "patient" in the same sentence???

To make matters worse, put NY in front of fans. There's nothing patient about NYC or the knicks.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

3/22/2018  4:42 PM
fishmike wrote:
reub wrote:Porter should not be discounted. He may drop and I wouldn't mind waiting a whole year for him to heal so that we can get a high pick next year too.
I just cant fathom him dropping to 9... he came back at end of the year. You can assume he's going to get in even better shape if he wants to. He's a lock for top 3. Sucks he missed a year of CBB so he might need a little time but so what. Thats probably a positive.

Your top 3 lock is Ayton, Doncic and Bagley.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/23/2018  12:37 AM
Nalod wrote:The league "process" will judge young and then its in the hands of his god.
Workouts measure. KP blew people away with his.

Came across this article this morning. never heard of this kid but he could enter in to the draft conversation:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22869177/anfernee-simons-declares-nba-draft-forgoing-collegiate-eligibility

I have heard of him, never seen him play. But read that he was really really good.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
USA
3/23/2018  8:18 AM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Your top 3 lock is Ayton, Doncic and Bagley.

Maybe... Ayton seems like an easy #1. Doncic and Bagley come down to workouts in my opinion. If Doncic works out and shows he's athletic by NBA standards he's a top 2 pick. If he's just average he may slide a few spots. Same with Porter. If Porter works out for teams and shows the athleticism everyone saw that had him the #1-2 recruit in the nation it will be hard to keep him out of the top 3.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/23/2018  8:36 AM
Im kind of drifting down candidates here

At 9 options with assumption that things hold to form

#9 Colin Sexton

Id like to trade a 2020 #1 pick restricted to 7 with Phoenix for their 16 pick(which seems to be way too much for them 3 in rd 1) and take Zaire Smith

Trade pick 44 and Frank Ntklina for the rights to pick 21(Philly) to take Aaron Holiday or Chandler Hutchinson

Pick 37 Chandler Hutchinson Aaron Holiday or Tyler Davis C Texas AM

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
3/23/2018  8:49 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Im kind of drifting down candidates here

#9 Colin Sexton

Id like to trade a 2020 #1 pick restricted to 7 with Phoenix for their 16 pick(which seems to be way too much for them 3 in rd 1) and take Zaire Smith

Trade pick 44 and Frank Ntklina for the rights to pick 21(Philly) to take Aaron Holiday or Chandler Hutchinson

Sorry, I’m not going thru this season of hell to discard Frank and a late 2nd for one of your impulsive concepts. If the knicks were intent on finding deep value at 21 that deal has to be done based on PHilly drafting one particular guy at that spot and then the trade is consummated. Not based on hope one of three.
While we should never not do deals on fear, i’d Puke fo years if frank grew into a good/great player and Holiday is the lessor Holiday brother!!! “Chandlers” disspoint. Tyson Chandler uneven career and Parsons Chandler also. Even “Chan”, like “CHANning Frye” was not great for us. Just say no to “Chan”!. Given your penchant for morning afterglow you are no doubt still high on a Texas AM Davis who had a good game from the night before. We know you Briggs, you like what you see and you want it. Then you watch another game, and another and before you know it you want more picks because you fall in love easy. Your a fan. It’s good to want nice things!

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/23/2018  10:02 AM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Not hating on Young at all, or Briggs for that matter. Every year Briggs gives us about 20-30 players who are surefire NBA superstars and must haves. Its fun to chat about.

I just look for context. Young is shooting like 42% overall and 35% from 3. First off there is nothing Curry like about that. Second Young is a TO machine. 8-9 assists in college is much less impressive when you have 5+ TOs to go with it. Also his team was what? 18-14 and a pretty easy out in the tourney's first round. Finally how many guys like Young are successful in the NBA, much less stars? NBA wont have to double and triple team Young. Young isnt enough of a threat to finish around the basket for that. NBA will let him have his feast of long jumpers.

To me its pretty simple.. There arent any players like Young in the NBA. They dont work. The closest example is a guy who is probably the best shooter in the history of the game. The other guy is maybe Iverson?

For me its simple... Young needs to be shoot like Curry (he doesnt) or be as quick as Iverson (he isnt) to be a high end NBA player and that strikes me as a very bad gamble.

Bridges from Nova is my fav for the Knicks and has been for awhile. Hopefully that makes you uncomfortable as I know you like him also
I have same concerns about Sexton... size... shrimpy players. I would take SGA over either Young or Sexton in this draft. Easy. Also consider that Curry's combine scores wowed. He tested to be a far superior athlete than most gave him credit for. That remains to be seen with Young, but showing he's an explosive athlete would certainly help his cause in this conversation.

Wait...we agree on something? Better let Martin know this is the end of the forum.

Valid points about Young. However, you can give a good argument for any of these picks being possible flops.

Hope we do get Bridges. And hope he is not a flop. Btw, Watching last night, liked what I saw from Knox. He seemed to be the most athletic player on the court. SGA looked ok. But he looks like a 14 year old. Just hard to predict how any college freshman will pan out in the pros. Gripe I had with the Frank pick.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BRIGGS
3/23/2018  11:46 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Im kind of drifting down candidates here

#9 Colin Sexton

Knicks needs

#1 BY Far we need a player who can make plays with dribble. We dont have that and we wont win without it

#2 Athleticism--I really like Smith and I think he easily could be a top 5 pick next year. Hes got nice form on his jumpshot has better handling skills than Bridges and plays very very good defense.

#3 I dont mind using a future pick to ADD a pick to accelerate rebuilding with reasonable protection. This "might" be the year to do it

#4 Adding Holiday and Sexton might be the best thing we can do. It would add two really good PG who can make plays with the dribble

#5 Im OK with letting Frank N go if I get back something that I feel fits better I like Hutchinson and Holiday over Frank. Hutchinson would give us a playmaker from the 3 with more size and athleticism than we have Holiday gives us that second play maker who can play with Sexton.

#6 The center has become the RB in football--you need them but Ill hold my horses. I like that match up if I can get it---Tyler Davis at 6-10 260 for pick 44.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/23/2018  12:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2018  12:40 PM
I'm back from a very enjoyable bout travelling around Mexico, so here is the latest picture for the tank standing. I'm not going to bother listing the teams we don't have a hope in hell of catching up with (So the means no suns, griz, Magic or Hawks

5) Mavs 22-50

Games remaining: Hornets, Kings, Lakers, Wolves, Cavs, Blazers, Magic, Pistons, Sixers, Suns

Verdict: VERY UNLIKELY

6) Nets 23-49

Games remaining: Raptors, Cavs, Magic, Heat, Pistons, Sixers, Bucks, Bulls, Bulls, Celtic

Verdict: NOT GREAT (but possible) Have no incentive to tank. The 2 games Vs the Bulls are crucial for us

7) Kings 24-49

Games remaining: celtics, Mavs, Pacers, Warriors, Lakers, Suns, Griz, Spurs, Rockets

Verdict: POSSIBLE if they win the 3 vs Mavs, Suns and Griz and we don't win any more

8) Bulls 24-47

Games remaining: Bucks, Pistons, Rockets, Heat, Magic, Wiz, Hornets, Celtics, Nets, Nets, Pistons

Verdict: UNLIKELY simply due to them tanking shamelessly. The Nets games are vital- either the Nets or the Bulls needs to win both- no splits! Then we might move up a spot

9) Knicks 26-46

Games remaining: Twolves, Wiz, Hornets, Sixers, Pistons, Magic, Heat, Bucks, Cavs, Cavs

Verdict: WILL LIKELY FUCK THIS UP

So the odds are not great, but there are some possibilities. The wild cards will be the Hornets and Pistons- if they switch to tank mode it could shake things up

BRIGGS
3/23/2018  12:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:I'm back from a very enjoyable bout travelling around Mexico, so here is the latest picture for the tank standing. I'm not going to bother listing the teams we don't have a hope in hell of catching up with (So the means no suns, griz, Magic or Hawks

5) Mavs 22-50

Games remaining: Hornets, Kings, Lakers, Wolves, Cavs, Blazers, Magic, Pistons, Sixers, Suns

6) Nets 23-49

Games remaining: Raptors, Cavs, Magic, Heat, Pistons, Sixers, Bucks, Bulls, Bulls, Celtic

Verdict: NOT GREAT (but possible) Have no incentive to tank. The 2 games Vs the Bulls are crucial for us

7) Kings 24-49

Games remaining: celtics, Mavs, Pacers, Warriors, Lakers, Suns, Griz, Spurs, Rockets

Verdict: POSSIBLE if they win the 3 vs Mavs, Suns and Griz and we don't win any more

8) Bulls 24-47

Games remaining: Bucks, Pistons, Rockets, Heat, Magic, Wiz, Hornets, Celtics, Nets, Nets, Pistons

Verdict: UNLIKELY simply due to them tanking shamelessly. The Nets games are vital- either the Nets or the Bulls needs to win both- no splits! Then we might move up a spot

9) Knicks 26-46

Games remaining: Twolves, Wiz, Hornets, Sixers, Pistons, Magic, Heat, Bucks, Cavs, Cavs

So the odds are not great, but there are some possibilities. The wild cards will be the Hornets and Pistons- if they switch to tank mode it could shake things up

The Nets had won 2 in a row and were up in the 3rd Q against the Hornets by 25 and lost. That was a stone killer. The Bulls might not win again

RIP Crushalot😞
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/23/2018  2:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:I'm back from a very enjoyable bout travelling around Mexico, so here is the latest picture for the tank standing. I'm not going to bother listing the teams we don't have a hope in hell of catching up with (So the means no suns, griz, Magic or Hawks

5) Mavs 22-50

6) Nets 23-49

7) Kings 24-49

8) Bulls 24-47

9) Knicks 26-46

We play the Cavs at the end, but its a possibility they will be resting their starters for the playoffs...Same with Celts and other teams who have spoys locked up...

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/23/2018  4:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2018  4:49 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

5) Mavs 22-50

6) Nets 23-49

7) Kings 24-49

8) Bulls 24-47

9) Knicks 26-46

The Nets had won 2 in a row and were up in the 3rd Q against the Hornets by 25 and lost. That was a stone killer. The Bulls might not win again

That’s why the two nets vs bulls games are important- as long as they don’t split them, it means one of those two teams has to add on 2 wins. No doubt they’ll split them though!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/23/2018  10:09 PM
Hey Eny, you inspired me to play poweball. I won.......7 bucks!!! Was honestly happy because its the most Ive ever won in any lottery, ever. LOL
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy