The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/16/2018  8:27 PM
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Ayton was absolutely invisible last night against a lesser opponent. This is the reason i would never trade a guy like KP for a top draft pick. I see a lot of good players in this draft, but it's tough to see any one of them as likely franchise players. Ayton is the most physically opposing players in years and looked terrible last night against guys who shouldn't even be in the same gym as him. Not sure what his competitive rep is, but it didn't look very strong.

I feel the same about the kid. At times he looked like a dude playing like he's trying not to get hurt... I didn't like that. Then immediately declares for the draft. Just doesn't sit well for me

I agree. Most of these guys, like Trae Young for example, play their hearts out then say they will take their time to make a decision, knowing damn well they are going pro. Ayton's actions in the game and after the game say he does not care whatsoever. He was just going thru the motions.

I don't blame the kids, I blame the process. Most of the prospects coming in are using college as a waystation to NBA eligibility. Everybody knew Ayton was declaring, so it shouldn't come as a shock. Honestly, Arizona's guards should get more blame for the L than Ayton anyway.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Zebo13
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6434
USA
3/16/2018  9:40 PM
It’s hard to hate Miles Bridges though! He’s got potential to be a fine NBA player, maybe even great if he’s truly committed to be the best he can be. Super athletic and aggressive. Looked really good today.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/16/2018  11:26 PM
Zebo13 wrote:It’s hard to hate Miles Bridges though! He’s got potential to be a fine NBA player, maybe even great if he’s truly committed to be the best he can be. Super athletic and aggressive. Looked really good today.

Miles Bridges has always been on our radar. If we drafted him it wouldn't be a shock at all. He well be there at #9.... the way the Knicks are playing, we might be looking at #5 or #6 in this draft. Depending if teams like Orlando and Phoenix draft need at point guard with Sexton and Trae Young, #5 or #6 could be very interesting for us.

I'm starting to stress about it with guys like Porter and Jackson possibly available for us, but really you can't lose when the worst we can do is Miles Bridges.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

3/16/2018  11:59 PM
I seriously think the Knicks are gonna hit the Jackpot this draft... then we will be terrible again next year, draft well again, but then get KP back and sign a big free agent and win a ****ing championship in 2020!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/17/2018  2:40 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:It’s hard to hate Miles Bridges though! He’s got potential to be a fine NBA player, maybe even great if he’s truly committed to be the best he can be. Super athletic and aggressive. Looked really good today.

Miles Bridges has always been on our radar. If we drafted him it wouldn't be a shock at all. He well be there at #9.... the way the Knicks are playing, we might be looking at #5 or #6 in this draft. Depending if teams like Orlando and Phoenix draft need at point guard with Sexton and Trae Young, #5 or #6 could be very interesting for us.

I'm starting to stress about it with guys like Porter and Jackson possibly available for us, but really you can't lose when the worst we can do is Miles Bridges.

Yeah I think we can safely go BPA but SF is stil our biggest need. I was into Miles until I paid attention to Mikal, but Miles still could be great.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/17/2018  3:24 AM
EnySpree wrote:I seriously think the Knicks are gonna hit the Jackpot this draft... then we will be terrible again next year, draft well again, but then get KP back and sign a big free agent and win a ****ing championship in 2020!

I love that plan!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
wargames
Member: #6053

3/17/2018  8:02 AM
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I seriously think the Knicks are gonna hit the Jackpot this draft... then we will be terrible again next year, draft well again, but then get KP back and sign a big free agent and win a ****ing championship in 2020!

I love that plan!

That should definitely be the plan!

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/17/2018  8:49 AM
Kings win! It's looking like we have a shot at 6th,though a single win for us could spell disaster.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/17/2018  9:02 AM
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:

I love that plan!

For real though, 2 top 10 picks and 1 good free agent in 2019 could change the fortunes of this team!

EnySpree

3/17/2018  9:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/17/2018  10:01 AM
Tankathon has Marvin Bagley ranked 6th.... I think that's too low. He's gotta go top 3.... the outside chance he falls to 6 is why we need to tank. Bagley with KP at center is what dreams are made of
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/17/2018  9:36 AM
Knixkik wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:

I love that plan!

For real though, 2 top 10 picks and 1 good free agent in 2019 could change the fortunes of this team!

2020? Right after I win powerball.....

EnySpree

3/17/2018  10:04 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:

I love that plan!

Make sure you play and when you win you better find me you negative Nancy. I need like 5 mill off your winnings

GustavBahler

3/17/2018  10:20 AM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:

I love that plan!

Make sure you play and when you win you better find me you negative Nancy. I need like 5 mill off your winnings

5 million? Sure Eny, righf after I see you in the Alba thread.

BigDaddyG
Member: #3049

3/17/2018  10:36 AM
EnySpree wrote:Tankathon has Marvin Bagley ranked 6th.... I think that's too low. He's gotta go top 3.... the outside chance he falls to 6 is why we need to tank. Bagley with KP at center is what dreams are made of

I like Bagley, but I think Carter and Jackson are better fits due to their defense. But i also think 6 might be to low for him. The Porter workouts will have a huge impact on Bagley's draft position. I've seen a few mocks list Porter at 6. Will be interesting...
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree

3/17/2018  12:01 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:

I love that plan!

Hey if you hit Powerball and you get a lump sum of 50 mill.... least you can do is give me 5 mill. You come with negativity and I counter you with winning the power ball in 2020 right before the draft. Good luck 🤞

EnySpree

3/17/2018  12:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Tankathon has Marvin Bagley ranked 6th.... I think that's too low. He's gotta go top 3.... the outside chance he falls to 6 is why we need to tank. Bagley with KP at center is what dreams are made of

I like Bagley, but I think Carter and Jackson are better fits due to their defense. But i also think 6 might be to low for him. The Porter workouts will have a huge impact on Bagley's draft position. I've seen a few mocks list Porter at 6. Will be interesting...

Wow well if you think Carter and Jackson's defense is that much better than Bagley to draft over Bagley, then my hopes are high we can get him at 6! Lol.... I'm really obsessing about it.

These NBA teams never know what they want. Perry has been consistent wherever he's been about drafting with a plan. We're in great hands with Perry. We just need to get him in position to get the right player

codeunknown
Member: #704
3/17/2018  12:22 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Colin Sexton is into the top 5 maybe even the top 3 with the lack of guards in the draft. Hes played his way up. There sno doubt in my mind--hes been dominant at 18 when it counts down the stretch.
another shrimp. Werent you harping about getting players with man bodies? Sexton and Trey Young are tiny leaves who will be blown away by NBA players. Sexton has a chance to get stronger but he's going to struggle for a long time in the NBA. Bledsoe was 24 when he became decent. Trey Young is a smaller Brandon Jennings.

The PGs in round 2 are better looks.

Deep draft. Lot of good NBA players. Not a lot of stars IMO

Interesting Young-Jennings comparison. Don’t agree with it at all as the likelihood, but that’s definitely the downside. Granted both are shrimps, but the shooting off the dribble is in a different category for Young, whose release is ~20% quicker with a 36% 3 point accuracy, nearly all off the dribble from well beyond nba 3 pt range. The standstill shooting is better with Young shooting 86 % on free throws on 8.6 attempts per game. Jennings has never managed that.

I think Young has more creativity off the dribble, quicker reaction time, and along with his shooting ability, makes him a more viable threat.

Both are miserable on defense. Both have/will struggle finishing at the rim in the nba. That said, I think Young is the best chance of transforming your offense for the better in the draft

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
GustavBahler

3/17/2018  1:57 PM
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:

I love that plan!

Hey if you hit Powerball and you get a lump sum of 50 mill.... least you can do is give me 5 mill. You come with negativity and I counter you with winning the power ball in 2020 right before the draft. Good luck 🤞

LOL @ trying to make me feel guilty for not promising to hand you 5 million dollars.

Im one of the more optimistic posters on this board but 2020? Got XTC?

EnySpree

3/17/2018  2:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:

I love that plan!

LOL @ trying to make me feel guilty for not promising to hand you 5 million dollars.

Im one of the more optimistic posters on this board but 2020? Got XTC?

If you don't slide the 5 mill over don't be mad at Karma even she comes to get you 💅

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/17/2018  5:53 PM
Mikal bridges with another great game. He's top 5 in my book.
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy