3/15/2018  10:26 PM
Bulls win! Rejoice!
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

3/15/2018  11:12 PM
#5 pick is not out of reach yet!
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/16/2018  3:00 AM
Colin Sexton is into the top 5 maybe even the top 3 with the lack of guards in the draft. Hes played his way up. There sno doubt in my mind--hes been dominant at 18 when it counts down the stretch.
RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/16/2018  7:24 AM
Cartman718 wrote:#5 pick is not out of reach yet!

I have a hard time seeing how we can get to 5. We're bound to win a few more games between now and the end of the season. We almost won last night, which was nice to see that kind of effort.

I think we end up in the 8/9 slot when the season ends.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/16/2018  7:33 AM
franco12 wrote:

I have a hard time seeing how we can get to 5. We're bound to win a few more games between now and the end of the season. We almost won last night, which was nice to see that kind of effort.

The same way we dropped a couple of spots for consecutive years, ping pong balls. Thats why I cant put too much stock in our record determining our pick. Look at Cleveland, a few years back. Anything can happen. Try enjoy theze last few games of the season.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/16/2018  9:32 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
franco12 wrote:

The same way we dropped a couple of spots for consecutive years, ping pong balls. Thats why I cant put too much stock in our record determining our pick. Look at Cleveland, a few years back. Anything can happen. Try enjoy theze last few games of the season.

We are due!!

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
blkexec
Member: #748
3/16/2018  9:42 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
franco12 wrote:

We are due!!

correction.....we are overdue!!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
wargames
Member: #6053

3/16/2018  9:46 AM
franco12 wrote:

Honestly, I don't see us winning a game except for that Bulls game on the 19th because that would be the most Knick move ever.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/16/2018  9:47 AM
wargames wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Honestly, I don't see us winning a game except for that Bulls game on the 19th because that would be the most Knick move ever.

i doubt it...i think markannen will score 30 in that game

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/16/2018  11:53 AM
Ayton was absolutely invisible last night against a lesser opponent. This is the reason i would never trade a guy like KP for a top draft pick. I see a lot of good players in this draft, but it's tough to see any one of them as likely franchise players. Ayton is the most physically opposing players in years and looked terrible last night against guys who shouldn't even be in the same gym as him. Not sure what his competitive rep is, but it didn't look very strong.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/16/2018  12:07 PM
Knicks can get to 6. I think that is feasible but tough. They have 2 more wins than Dall/Sac so think of that as "2 games back."
6-7 has a decent chance to move up to top 3 and we will have a good player there.

I dont care who we get so long as he's good. If we are picking later I like Bridges from nova. Maybe Sexton. If we are picking earlier I like the BPA especially Donic.

There are a bunch of good players. Work em out and take the best prospect. Next year is likely a tanking year also I am less worried about a rookie who can help (Bridges may be one of the most NBA ready anyway) and more focused on getting the BPA. I have no problem with a guy like Frank taking his lumps and producing and underwhelming rookie season statistically. Just keep building it right... with good 2 way players.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/16/2018  12:09 PM
Knixkik wrote:Ayton was absolutely invisible last night against a lesser opponent. This is the reason i would never trade a guy like KP for a top draft pick. I see a lot of good players in this draft, but it's tough to see any one of them as likely franchise players. Ayton is the most physically opposing players in years and looked terrible last night against guys who shouldn't even be in the same gym as him. Not sure what his competitive rep is, but it didn't look very strong.

I feel the same about the kid. At times he looked like a dude playing like he's trying not to get hurt... I didn't like that. Then immediately declares for the draft. Just doesn't sit well for me

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
PhilinLA
Member: #696
3/16/2018  12:09 PM
Ayton was a no show. That cost him tons.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/16/2018  12:13 PM
It's funny that we really are actively tanking lol....

Beasley, Troy, Kanter, Burke, Timmy, Mudiay, Frank, KOQ, Lee and Thomas should be enough to win more than we are. Im not complaining though. I really want a shot at some of the higher ranked guys

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
USA
3/16/2018  12:42 PM
PhilinLA wrote:Ayton was a no show. That cost him tons.
until he works out for the top teams and they are like my god we gotta take this kid. I hear you though...
Knixkik
USA
3/16/2018  1:48 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Ayton was absolutely invisible last night against a lesser opponent. This is the reason i would never trade a guy like KP for a top draft pick. I see a lot of good players in this draft, but it's tough to see any one of them as likely franchise players. Ayton is the most physically opposing players in years and looked terrible last night against guys who shouldn't even be in the same gym as him. Not sure what his competitive rep is, but it didn't look very strong.

I feel the same about the kid. At times he looked like a dude playing like he's trying not to get hurt... I didn't like that. Then immediately declares for the draft. Just doesn't sit well for me

I agree. Most of these guys, like Trae Young for example, play their hearts out then say they will take their time to make a decision, knowing damn well they are going pro. Ayton's actions in the game and after the game say he does not care whatsoever. He was just going thru the motions.

Knixkik
USA
3/16/2018  1:53 PM
Even if we move up to 6 or 7, i'm still likely taking Mikal Bridges.

In the past 9 games, he has made either 3 or 4 three-pointers on less than 10 attempts each game. He hasn't had one game in that 9 game stretch where he shoots below 37.5% from three. That is just insane consistency. Add to that his elite defense, he is an ideal prospect for us. He is the only player in this draft who would boost our shooting, perimeter defense, athleticism, leadership, and consistency level all at once. He is a JR so his stock is lower than the top guys, rightfully so, but he is going to be a very good player. I am starting to think that his floor is Otto Porter and he ceiling is much higher.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/16/2018  3:51 PM
PhilinLA wrote:Ayton was a no show. That cost him tons.

LOL hes going #1 and its a no brainer

RIP Crushalot😞
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/16/2018  4:03 PM
Knixkik wrote:Even if we move up to 6 or 7, i'm still likely taking Mikal Bridges.

In the past 9 games, he has made either 3 or 4 three-pointers on less than 10 attempts each game. He hasn't had one game in that 9 game stretch where he shoots below 37.5% from three. That is just insane consistency. Add to that his elite defense, he is an ideal prospect for us. He is the only player in this draft who would boost our shooting, perimeter defense, athleticism, leadership, and consistency level all at once. He is a JR so his stock is lower than the top guys, rightfully so, but he is going to be a very good player. I am starting to think that his floor is Otto Porter and he ceiling is much higher.

Some of those higher picks bigs are tantalizing and mesmerizing but I agree Mikal is my guy.

fishmike
USA
3/16/2018  4:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Colin Sexton is into the top 5 maybe even the top 3 with the lack of guards in the draft. Hes played his way up. There sno doubt in my mind--hes been dominant at 18 when it counts down the stretch.
another shrimp. Werent you harping about getting players with man bodies? Sexton and Trey Young are tiny leaves who will be blown away by NBA players. Sexton has a chance to get stronger but he's going to struggle for a long time in the NBA. Bledsoe was 24 when he became decent. Trey Young is a smaller Brandon Jennings.

The PGs in round 2 are better looks.

Deep draft. Lot of good NBA players. Not a lot of stars IMO

The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy