Interesting 5 games stretch coming up
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/13/2018  8:56 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Think I'm moving my vote towards S-Gilgeous Alexander ---- kid just doesn't all and has such a beautiful feel & pace of play.

Love the thought of Shae and Frank playing off one another --- maybe we pick up a defensive wing with 2nd round pick.

SGA and Frank might be almost too much alike. Very similar prospects. Both defense-first combo guards who struggle to break down players off the dribble. If we go guard i would prefer Young or Sexton simply because this team needs another look out there.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/13/2018  9:55 AM
I just don't see us making up ground. Big game against Dallas. We should forfeit, so we can guarantee a loss. make up some lame excuse, send the team on the charter to the next destination, say it was a scheduling conflict.

Too many teams are embracing the lose now, the Philly process.

I just looked at the 2019 'lottery fix', and unless I am missing something, there is still a motivation to lose. Should just give everyone a more or less equal chance of landing the top 3 or 5 picks, then reset on record after that.

That way, there is no motivation to lose. None.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/13/2018  11:07 AM
Knixkik wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Think I'm moving my vote towards S-Gilgeous Alexander ---- kid just doesn't all and has such a beautiful feel & pace of play.

Love the thought of Shae and Frank playing off one another --- maybe we pick up a defensive wing with 2nd round pick.

SGA and Frank might be almost too much alike. Very similar prospects. Both defense-first combo guards who struggle to break down players off the dribble. If we go guard i would prefer Young or Sexton simply because this team needs another look out there.

I don't know SGA is in the paint all game long -- he isn't explosive but he understands change of pace...loves to get his feet in the paint and is able to finish both at the rim & off floaters/pull-ups.

I like the combination of length, playing the right way and the upside with Frank/SGA.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/13/2018  2:47 PM
Suns may be perfect trade partners at this draft. They currently have the 15th and 16th pick and #32 in the 2nd round.

#7-9 & #48 for #15,#16 & #32.

Michael Porter jr's brother. I really like his skill set. He if the perfect type of compliment to KP when KP slides over to Center for some mins. He can shoot, defend, real good passer, put the ball on the floor. The type of hard to find all around skill set from forwards. Has good size and wing span at 6'10 7'0. Only a Freshman as well.

We need these ball mover types at the forward position.

A combination of Johntay Porter, Chandler Hutchinson & Jalen Brunson is the type of combination we need.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/13/2018  3:09 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Suns may be perfect trade partners at this draft. They currently have the 15th and 16th pick and #32 in the 2nd round.

Michael Porter jr's brother. I really like his skill set. He if the perfect type of compliment to KP when KP slides over to Center for some mins. He can shoot, defend, real good passer, put the ball on the floor. The type of hard to find all around skill set from forwards. Has good size and wing span at 6'10 7'0. Only a Freshman as well.

A combination of Johntay Porter, Chandler Hutchinson & Jalen Brunson is the type of combination we need.

I like collision over brunson, but I agree about Chandler. Haven't really followed Porter, bit scouting reports say he's a questionable athlete. Have you watched him much? He looks like he needs to work on his body. Do you think that will make a difference with his athleticism? Is he deceptively long like KOQ? I might like him as a possible early second rounder if we can't pick up one of the top bigs in the lottery.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/13/2018  4:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2018  4:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Suns may be perfect trade partners at this draft. They currently have the 15th and 16th pick and #32 in the 2nd round.

I like collision over brunson, but I agree about Chandler. Haven't really followed Porter, bit scouting reports say he's a questionable athlete. Have you watched him much? He looks like he needs to work on his body. Do you think that will make a difference with his athleticism? Is he deceptively long like KOQ? I might like him as a possible early second rounder if we can't pick up one of the top bigs in the lottery.

I was thinking about KOQ as I watched him. But he can shoot the 3 and put the ball on the floor. If he had all those things you mentioned he would be a top 5 lotto pick. He is a guy with rare combination of skills who Knicks should look to mold to their liking. To me it looks like he has good feet though to guard stretch 4s even while looking pudgy. Not a position less defender but isn't to slow to close out the shooter. Def needs to work on his body. But that is probably the easiest thing to improve. KP is a work in progress passer & post player. Porter looks like an inside outside player who can pass very well & attack a close out which will create more scoring or passing opportunities for him. Only a freshman.

Ideally would want a 3 man rotation at PF/C with KP, defensive anchor rebounder finisher, unique inside outside passer like Porter. Which would be 2 strong compliments to KPs game.

I like the way Nova molds their players. From Hart last season to Mikal & Brunson. They all form NBA bodies and games. Brunson is also son of former Knicks scrub. Which means he is gonna ball out in the NBA. That's usually how it goes.

That Frank/Hardaway, Williams/Hutchinson wing combination could be lethal. The mix of length, gunning, & ball moving.

And Hutchinson may be the perfect wing to pair Frank with when the plays PG. Since he has point forward attributes.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/14/2018  8:17 AM
Im on board with going after Aaron Holiday--I had him in my priority Chicago pick before but I think hes going late 1. A smart PG with pedigree and a proven 3 point gun from the PG position with toughness.
RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/14/2018  8:41 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Im on board with going after Aaron Holiday--I had him in my priority Chicago pick before but I think hes going late 1. A smart PG with pedigree and a proven 3 point gun from the PG position with toughness.

so wait - are you saying to pick him in the first round with our own pick, around 9?

Seems like a stretch.

Knixkik
USA
3/14/2018  8:50 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Im on board with going after Aaron Holiday--I had him in my priority Chicago pick before but I think hes going late 1. A smart PG with pedigree and a proven 3 point gun from the PG position with toughness.

I was really high on him early in the year when he was projected as a 2nd round pick. Obviously his play is starting to catch up with people, so he is likely a 1st round pick now, making it unlikely we will have anyway to get him, because we obviously aren't using our lottery pick.

Bretrobert1
Member: #6028

3/14/2018  4:23 PM

Aaron Holiday played one of the worst games of basketball I've seen a starting point guard play in the NCAA tournament last night.

"I love you guys." -Norman Dale
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/14/2018  9:46 PM
Unexpected win for the magic tonight! Puts them on 21 wins
BRIGGS
3/14/2018  10:00 PM
Bretrobert1 wrote:

Aaron Holiday played one of the worst games of basketball I've seen a starting point guard play in the NCAA tournament last night.

Hes got a whole portfolio of work? I like him early 2 late 1.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
3/14/2018  10:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2018  10:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bretrobert1 wrote:

He's always reminded me of darron Collison. I think he will be a very good back up pg.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/15/2018  10:49 AM
Knicks have a decent chance at the 7th or 8th spot IMO. Here are the remaining winnable games. Maybe and outside chance at #6.

9 - NY: 24-44 ( Chicago, Orlando )
8 - Chicago: 23-44 ( Memphis, NY, Orlando, Brooklyn, Brooklyn)
7 - Dallas: 22-46 (Brooklyn, Sac, Orlando, Phoenix)
6 - Sacramento 22-47 (Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix)

Orlando could jump up if with a streak of 6 games in a row against bottom 10 teams.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/15/2018  6:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bretrobert1 wrote:

Holiday has shot up to 16 on ESPN's big board. I was hoping he'd be around in the second-round too. He still might by the time everything is said and done.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
3/15/2018  10:13 PM
Andrew wrote:Knicks have a decent chance at the 7th or 8th spot IMO. Here are the remaining winnable games. Maybe and outside chance at #6.

9 - NY: 24-44 ( Chicago, Orlando )
8 - Chicago: 23-44 ( Memphis, NY, Orlando, Brooklyn, Brooklyn)
7 - Dallas: 22-46 (Brooklyn, Sac, Orlando, Phoenix)
6 - Sacramento 22-47 (Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix)

Orlando could jump up if with a streak of 6 games in a row against bottom 10 teams.

were not that far away from 3.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/15/2018  10:15 PM
Chicago has all their worst players on the court in tight game
RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/15/2018  10:17 PM
Akk! Bulls are tanking hard, please let the griz be even worse
BRIGGS
3/15/2018  10:21 PM
Bulls +1 with 1 second
RIP Crushalot😞
The 2018 Tank/Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy