1/6/2018  12:56 AM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
TPercy wrote:Welp This is what happens when you only have two NBA legit starters in the backcourt and one of them is injured and if we are being honest with ourselves Frank isn't even an NBA player right now....not by a long shot.

Wouldnt go that far, but the almost complete lack of offense from Frank and Baker is really hurting us.

Dude Frank plays good D but it is nowhere near enough for us to compensate for his dreadful offense.
He turns the ball over a lot
His handle is really sloppy
he can't make a layup to save his life
he can't shoot
He has poor shot selection
He can't create his own shot
His confidence in his game is inconsistent at best

None of this is to say that he can't be a pretty decent player in the future; in fact, I think he will, but we are kidding ourselves if we thinking Frank is an NBA player right now.

Come on man. Stop with the BS!!! Frank is an NBA talent but he's 19 and it's not his fault that we don't have a better player in front of him. Watching him many of the turnovers are due to teams knowing he likes to bounce pass off Screens. He's successful WAY more than he's turning it over even if they don't always score off his passes. Frank is the LEAST of our issues. They will most likely do something about this soon. The Guard issue is highlighted more without THJ.

Having NBA Talent doesn't make you an NBA player. NBA level performances make you an NBA player and Frank hasn't been producing that. That doesn't mean that he won't show it in the future but nix you are having a laugh if you think Frank's performances are to the standards of an NBA point guard. We need a point guard so badly it isn't even funny and deep down nix you know it.

Agree. So many on here keep saying he is only 19 as an excuse yet get mad when someone suggests he should be on the bench until he improves his offense. Isn't that what coaches did with rookies back in the day? Specially 19 year olds? Frank at best should be coming in for short stints. Now if the Knicks plan is to lose and get him more experience, that's a different story.

I hear ya. He needs time to grow but without a legit PG starter Frank dosen't have much time.

Frank is going to have his struggles with scoring, but he still managed to be a +3 with 4 assists in 25 minutes. The kid has a positive impact almost all the time. He's literally a baby and still manages to have a positive impact. I don't wanna hear about him being a problem cuz he's not.

KP going 5-14, Jack going 4-12 and LT going 0-2 in place of THJ is a problem.

The Knicks need to get so much more from the point guard position. Frank is playing 21 minutes a game and is averaging less than one free throw a game. The d isn't that good.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Bizzy211
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #601
USA
1/6/2018  1:21 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
TPercy wrote:Welp This is what happens when you only have two NBA legit starters in the backcourt and one of them is injured and if we are being honest with ourselves Frank isn't even an NBA player right now....not by a long shot.

Wouldnt go that far, but the almost complete lack of offense from Frank and Baker is really hurting us.

Dude Frank plays good D but it is nowhere near enough for us to compensate for his dreadful offense.
he can't shoot

None of this is to say that he can't be a pretty decent player in the future; in fact, I think he will, but we are kidding ourselves if we thinking Frank is an NBA player right now.

Come on man. Stop with the BS!!! Frank is an NBA talent but he's 19 and it's not his fault that we don't have a better player in front of him. Watching him many of the turnovers are due to teams knowing he likes to bounce pass off Screens. He's successful WAY more than he's turning it over even if they don't always score off his passes. Frank is the LEAST of our issues. They will most likely do something about this soon. The Guard issue is highlighted more without THJ.

Having NBA Talent doesn't make you an NBA player. NBA level performances make you an NBA player and Frank hasn't been producing that. That doesn't mean that he won't show it in the future but nix you are having a laugh if you think Frank's performances are to the standards of an NBA point guard. We need a point guard so badly it isn't even funny and deep down nix you know it.

Agree. So many on here keep saying he is only 19 as an excuse yet get mad when someone suggests he should be on the bench until he improves his offense. Isn't that what coaches did with rookies back in the day? Specially 19 year olds? Frank at best should be coming in for short stints. Now if the Knicks plan is to lose and get him more experience, that's a different story.

I hear ya. He needs time to grow but without a legit PG starter Frank dosen't have much time.

Frank is going to have his struggles with scoring, but he still managed to be a +3 with 4 assists in 25 minutes. The kid has a positive impact almost all the time. He's literally a baby and still manages to have a positive impact. I don't wanna hear about him being a problem cuz he's not.

KP going 5-14, Jack going 4-12 and LT going 0-2 in place of THJ is a problem.

The Knicks need to get so much more from the point guard position. Frank is playing 21 minutes a game and is averaging less than one free throw a game. The d isn't that good.

Pause

Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Bizzy211
USA
1/6/2018  1:22 AM
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

he can't shoot

I agree 100%

SRacide
Member: #7604

1/6/2018  1:39 AM
If you hear all the french media that sucks Frank ...
I am a fan of Frank by patriotism but it is not necessary to hide this is not an eighth round of Draft.
To watch is stat in Strasbourg in a mediocre french championship
PPG 5.2 RPG 1.3 PPG 1.4 out of 39 matches.
Frank will be a correct player of nba in the future but not a great player or even a good ...
I hope I'm wrong
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/6/2018  1:54 AM
Bizzy211 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

he can't shoot

I agree 100%

I repeat Frank was a +3 with 4 assists, 1 blk and 1 TO in 25 minutes and he's delivering the ball well to his teammates. He isn't missing their shots. He isn't a shot maker at this point but he's having a positive impact with his D and passing.

Frank is NOT the reason we're losing and shouldn't really be mentioned when you have such poor performance from the starters. Frank was doing his part to help slow the opponent down and setup his teammates. The SCORERS on the team simply must do their jobs better.

SRacide
Member: #7604

1/6/2018  3:15 AM
I do not know how to handle the Frank case internally.
May be too soft with him.
Frank is more of a guy with hard talk than praise
Bizzy211
USA
1/6/2018  6:52 AM
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

he can't shoot

I agree 100%

I repeat Frank was a +3 with 4 assists, 1 blk and 1 TO in 25 minutes and he's delivering the ball well to his teammates. He isn't missing their shots. He isn't a shot maker at this point but he's having a positive impact with his D and passing.

Frank is NOT the reason we're losing and shouldn't really be mentioned when you have such poor performance from the starters. Frank was doing his part to help slow the opponent down and setup his teammates. The SCORERS on the team simply must do their jobs better.

Im sure everyone who is complaining has seen the same from Frank

- Non existent penetration which does nothing to disrupt or cause chaos amongst the opposing teams defense... which in turns makes our offense look stale and forces our scorers to work harder trying to get off a shot.

His limited offense also puts zero pressure on the opposing teams defense to have to pay any attention to him.

Frank dribbles the ball up the court and passes it at the 3 point line 80% of the time.

It's okay to expect more from players... we arent saying get rid of him. We are saying hes not providing starter or even second string production. Less than 3-4 free throws is atrocious and just highlight what some are complaining about.

Even if we upgrade our PG position it doesnt mean we win it all, but it is a need... and a start.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/6/2018  11:15 AM
Bizzy211 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

he can't shoot

I agree 100%

- Non existent penetration which does nothing to disrupt or cause chaos amongst the opposing teams defense... which in turns makes our offense look stale and forces our scorers to work harder trying to get off a shot.

His limited offense also puts zero pressure on the opposing teams defense to have to pay any attention to him.

Frank dribbles the ball up the court and passes it at the 3 point line 80% of the time.

It's okay to expect more from players... we arent saying get rid of him. We are saying hes not providing starter or even second string production. Less than 3-4 free throws is atrocious and just highlight what some are complaining about.

Even if we upgrade our PG position it doesnt mean we win it all, but it is a need... and a start.

Frank is running the offense the way it’s been designed and how they’re asking him to run it. Yes he’s not a great finishing threat but he’s getting the ball to his teammates in position to score. Frank is not the reason guys are missing their shots. Frank does a BETTER job of running the offense than the other guards but people are wrongly focused on him. HERE’S THE PROBLEM!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/6/2018  12:27 PM
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

he can't shoot

I agree 100%

Frank is running the offense the way it’s been designed and how they’re asking him to run it. Yes he’s not a great finishing threat but he’s getting the ball to his teammates in position to score. Frank is not the reason guys are missing their shots. Frank does a BETTER job of running the offense than the other guards but people are wrongly focused on him. HERE’S THE PROBLEM!

If the offense is designed for him to pass the ball after he crosses mid court or to stop above the three point line, dribble and wait for a teammate to get open off of a screen he is doing a great job. I think there is a bit more to it though. Not penetrating and putting pressure on the defense, not drawing fouls etc. is hurting the team. I am fine with thinking this is part of his development but I can't believe that what I am seeing is Frank running the offense correctly or more correctly then the other point guards.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/6/2018  1:02 PM
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

he can't shoot

I agree 100%

What offense is designed to give up wide open shot? He makes it easier for double teams on other team mates when he passes up wide open shots. Not to mention that he never makes a one on one move on a with the lane wide. Specially when he has a smaller defender on him. Nah, the kid is just scared and acts like dear in headlights on offense.

Fyi. The plays where Lee did not pass it back to KP in post, he had a level 2 help defender behind him. But do Agree, sometimes Lee let's things get to his head.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/6/2018  1:30 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:What offense is designed to give up wide open shot? He makes it easier for double teams on other team mates when he passes up wide open shots. Not to mention that he never makes a one on one move on a with the lane wide. Specially when he has a smaller defender on him. Nah, the kid is just scared and acts like dear in headlights on offense.

Fyi. The plays where Lee did not pass it back to KP in post, he had a level 2 help defender behind him. But do Agree, sometimes Lee let's things get to his head.

Lee is just not a good post entry passer or passer in general

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
1/6/2018  4:44 PM
Franks PNR game looks tight with KOQ. I would like to continue to see he and KP together. KP needs to set better screens too as somebody said. His frame isn’t really built for it but his long arms can help. I really want to see Noah with KP more. Nasty defense and ball movement would improve immediately.
Bizzy211
USA
1/6/2018  7:29 PM
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

he can't shoot

I agree 100%

I think the misinterpretation is Frank being the sole problem... that just isnt true. I think if we combine what you are saying and what is being said about Frank maybe collectively there can be an identifiable bottom line. Frank has issues and must improve, the team has issues and must improve. Bith issues can co-exist and be the cause for the Knicks futility.

In regards to Frank.... he isnt helping. I just hope the designed play isnt for him to not penetrate and pass it at the 3 point line to your Center or PF... seems crazy. #Morefreethrows

CrushAlot
USA
1/6/2018  8:05 PM
Bizzy211 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

he can't shoot

I agree 100%

I think the misinterpretation is Frank being the sole problem... that just isnt true. I think if we combine what you are saying and what is being said about Frank maybe collectively there can be an identifiable bottom line. Frank has issues and must improve, the team has issues and must improve. Bith issues can co-exist and be the cause for the Knicks futility.

In regards to Frank.... he isnt helping. I just hope the designed play isnt for him to not penetrate and pass it at the 3 point line to your Center or PF... seems crazy. #Morefreethrows

Well said. Agree about the designated play. The image that has been in my head all day is when Frank crossed half court, contorted his body so he was moving forward but facing backwards and he passed the ball back to KOQ as he crossed half court.
CrushAlot
USA
1/6/2018  8:05 PM
Bizzy211 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

he can't shoot

I agree 100%

Well said. Agree about the designated play. The image that has been in my head all day is when Frank crossed half court, contorted his body so he was moving forward but facing backwards and he passed the ball back to KOQ as he crossed half court.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/7/2018  1:00 PM
Frank literally has negative Win shares right now. His offensive display is toxic and not up to par nix. He isn't our biggest problem right now but that doesn't mean that he doesn't suck.
The Future is Bright!
Second wind: Porzingis refreshed after off day

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy