Member: #11
USA
1/5/2018  1:52 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:At game 38 after missing 6-7 games.

I guess go back to what I was saying -- give him the Spurs treatment-- he needs scheduled rest games and a 28 minute or so restriction for most games. Guy is 7-3-- we have to accept the reality that he is not a franchise player to be counted on like a Patrick Ewing( who was a better player) and that we need to formulate a role that he can have success with.

Once again why I wanted to trade him, players his height have a dubious history. Very nice player but will need to be coddled his entire career. Will we have to keep on a 60 game schedule to keep him for the playoffs. This again was why it was so important to pick high this year to get our alpha.

you were wrong then and still wrong.

Nope I was right then and right now. Kp is NO franchise player. I think he'd be a GREAT third or even fourth piece. I don't think you want him as your 1 or 2. If we can get him to 3-4 where he's in a defined role playing 25-27 minutes-- this team would've been on it's way to better things. He can have his games where he goes for 30 but I'd rather have a tight 18-8-3-2 50% in 26 minutes

Lol you really are something else. You must be trying to just troll people with this nonsense.

You are living in faux reality. Because you believe something it has to be real. The REALITY is KP had 5 great games. Since then--and perhaps injury and or his own physical limitation have come into play--its simply not the same guy. I dont think its a case where he eats one more steak and hell be ok. Hes a 7-3 guy who has certain physical flaw and most likely a need to play less to keep him physically fit. He is NOT a franchise player--he MAY look like it at times--so do many players. The best thing the Knicks can do is build with him as a core piece--but certainly no franchise player--as in what the Spurs have with Pau Gasol--hes an important piece but does not carry the load. Can you undertsnad?

You are comparing him to the Pau Gasol on the Spurs? That's one of the dumbest things i have ever heard for real. He had only 5 great games? Where are you getting this? He was incredible until Hardaway went down with injury. Since then he had to increase an already sky high usage, and his numbers took a plunge. But saying he is like a 36 year old Gasol, i don't understand your mindset. Seriously, and i'm being honest, you cannot be taken seriously on anything related to the Knicks. You just say too many strange things these days.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/5/2018  2:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2018  2:06 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I guess go back to what I was saying -- give him the Spurs treatment-- he needs scheduled rest games and a 28 minute or so restriction for most games. Guy is 7-3-- we have to accept the reality that he is not a franchise player to be counted on like a Patrick Ewing( who was a better player) and that we need to formulate a role that he can have success with.

Once again why I wanted to trade him, players his height have a dubious history. Very nice player but will need to be coddled his entire career. Will we have to keep on a 60 game schedule to keep him for the playoffs. This again was why it was so important to pick high this year to get our alpha.

Nope I was right then and right now. Kp is NO franchise player. I think he'd be a GREAT third or even fourth piece. I don't think you want him as your 1 or 2. If we can get him to 3-4 where he's in a defined role playing 25-27 minutes-- this team would've been on it's way to better things. He can have his games where he goes for 30 but I'd rather have a tight 18-8-3-2 50% in 26 minutes

Lol you really are something else. You must be trying to just troll people with this nonsense.

You are living in faux reality. Because you believe something it has to be real. The REALITY is KP had 5 great games. Since then--and perhaps injury and or his own physical limitation have come into play--its simply not the same guy. I dont think its a case where he eats one more steak and hell be ok. Hes a 7-3 guy who has certain physical flaw and most likely a need to play less to keep him physically fit. He is NOT a franchise player--he MAY look like it at times--so do many players. The best thing the Knicks can do is build with him as a core piece--but certainly no franchise player--as in what the Spurs have with Pau Gasol--hes an important piece but does not carry the load. Can you undertsnad?

You are comparing him to the Pau Gasol on the Spurs? That's one of the dumbest things i have ever heard for real. He had only 5 great games? Where are you getting this? He was incredible until Hardaway went down with injury. Since then he had to increase an already sky high usage, and his numbers took a plunge. But saying he is like a 36 year old Gasol, i don't understand your mindset. Seriously, and i'm being honest, you cannot be taken seriously on anything related to the Knicks. You just say too many strange things these days.

You can believe yourself--but I think Vmart had it right--the guy looks like Keith Van Horn right now. Hes better than that--but hes not some kind of 30-15 guy thast in your mind. He needs to be part of a solution but he is not a number 1. I use Gasol as an example of a piece thats important--hes an important piece not what youre dreaming. Youre over rating him.

RIP Crushalot😞
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

1/5/2018  2:05 PM

😮 I would hold back on calling Ewing the better player, don’t get me wrong I love love love Ewing . But Ewing was a 22 year old senior in college ... as a 23 year old rookie who got injured and only played 50 games let’s compare basic stats .

KP: ppg 23 fg%43 3p%36 ft%82 reb 6.7 ast 1.2 blks 2.2 mpg 32

Ewing: ppg 20 fg%47 3pt%0 ft%73 reb 9.0 ast 2.0 blks 2.06 mpg 34

Don’t forget to consider Ewing was a year older ... I’d have to say they both are superstars but it’s way to early to call Ewing the better player, I think 22year old KP would run circles around 22 senior Ewing ... start debate next year when KP is the same age as Ewing when Ewing was a rookie .

BRIGGS
1/5/2018  2:07 PM
fitzfarm wrote:

😮 I would hold back on calling Ewing the better player, don’t get me wrong I love love love Ewing . But Ewing was a 22 year old senior in college ... as a 23 year old rookie who got injured and only played 50 games let’s compare basic stats .

Don’t forget to consider Ewing was a year older ... I’d have to say they both are superstars but it’s way to early to call Ewing the better player, I think 22year old KP would run circles around 22 senior Ewing ... start debate next year when KP is the same age as Ewing when Ewing was a rookie .

I saw 99% of P Ewings career. For 5 games I thought we had something better--but hes not P Ewing. Can he be a Pau Gasol 18-8-3-2- 50% I think most definitely.

RIP Crushalot😞
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/5/2018  2:57 PM
fitzfarm wrote:

I think you just made the case for being patient with KP. HOFer Ewing wasn't playing at HOF level at KP's current age.

However, I do think Ewings was a better player as a rookie than KP is at age 22. Look at it this way: the only two areas where KP has a significant advantage over Ewing is ppg and 3 pt shooting. The 3 pt shot basically accounts for KPs averaging three more ppg. And I don't think anybody would argue that KP is on the same planet as Ewing defensively in spite of the shot blocking numbers and the rebounding numbers are significantly in Ewing's favor. Also look at the roster Ewing was playing with as a rookie compared to KP.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/5/2018  3:12 PM
Welpee wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

I think you just made the case for being patient with KP. HOFer Ewing wasn't playing at HOF level at KP's current age.

However, I do think Ewings was a better player as a rookie than KP is at age 22. Look at it this way: the only two areas where KP has a significant advantage over Ewing is ppg and 3 pt shooting. The 3 pt shot basically accounts for KPs averaging three more ppg. And I don't think anybody would argue that KP is on the same planet as Ewing defensively in spite of the shot blocking numbers and the rebounding numbers are significantly in Ewing's favor. Also look at the roster Ewing was playing with as a rookie compared to KP.

I think we are in a finesse Era of basketball, and we don't have nearly enough finesse players. we take the least amount of 3's in the entire league. We certainly have a team full of back ups, and 3rd sting players.

ES
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

1/5/2018  3:37 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

I think we are in a finesse Era of basketball, and we don't have nearly enough finesse players. we take the least amount of 3's in the entire league. We certainly have a team full of back ups, and 3rd sting players.

I agree it’s not good in today’s nba to be last in 3 point % what happened to mcbuckets shot? It seems like everyone is rushing there shots ... horny has to do a better job at finding the hot hands, and keeping them on the floor. Not just subbing to sub.

As for Ewing and KP comparison.I too watched Ewing for most of his career I just can’t say Ewing was on a different planet talent wise. look at the team KP has, he’s the only star just like Ewing. Kp is way more skilled then Ewing ever was that undeniable, will KP become the leader and warrior Ewing was remains to be seen. But one on one KP over Ewing all day Ewing could never defend a player as fast as KP he couldn’t even keep up with the dream. Again love love love Ewing but this is a different NBA and KP has the Perfect skill set to be THE SUPERSTAR in today’s NBA . He is only 22 growing pains and inconsistency are expected esp for a 7’3 giant... if KP can stay healthy and keep getting stronger, it’s not a matter of if he’ll win a championship it’s when.

Think about this would a slow beefy center that sets up in the post 80% of the time even get big minutes in today’s nba ?

Knixkik
USA
1/5/2018  3:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2018  3:38 PM
Welpee wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

I think in the mist of this, Porzingis has gotten seriously underrated defensively. He's #1 in the entire league in defensive FG% at the rim. That is an indicator of elite defensive ability. It takes away blocks and just focuses on the impact he has defensively at the rim. Guys simply can't score against him. Ontop of that, he hasn't been getting beat on closeouts at the 3pt line this season. Because of this, he is no longer a liability guarding stretch 4s. Not saying he's better than Ewing defensively, but he is absolutely an elite defensive big, as was Ewing.

Kemet
Member: #6148

1/5/2018  4:01 PM
KP has his strong areas n weak areas ..
KP is not a franchise player!
KP does not have the skills or talent to be the 1 or 2 option on offense.
KP has a very low b.ball IQ, he's not much of a team player.
KP may block a shot or 2 but KP is a liability on defense.
KP is still a raw project that need veteran mentoring.
PLUS .. KP fragile body would not have made a NBA team in the 1980's ..
Georgetown head coach John Thompson would have sat KP on the bench throughout his rookie season.
BRIGGS
1/5/2018  5:39 PM
Kemet wrote:KP has his strong areas n weak areas ..
KP is not a franchise player!
KP does not have the skills or talent to be the 1 or 2 option on offense.
KP has a very low b.ball IQ, he's not much of a team player.
KP may block a shot or 2 but KP is a liability on defense.
KP is still a raw project that need veteran mentoring.
PLUS .. KP fragile body would not have made a NBA team in the 1980's ..
Georgetown head coach John Thompson would have sat KP on the bench throughout his rookie season.

Patrick Ewing was a s close to three NC than anyone except from UCLA. How could someone not count what P Ewing did at G Town. Clearly he wouldve been great in the NBA if he left.

RIP Crushalot😞
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/5/2018  7:24 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

I agree it’s not good in today’s nba to be last in 3 point % what happened to mcbuckets shot? It seems like everyone is rushing there shots ... horny has to do a better job at finding the hot hands, and keeping them on the floor. Not just subbing to sub.

As for Ewing and KP comparison.I too watched Ewing for most of his career I just can’t say Ewing was on a different planet talent wise. look at the team KP has, he’s the only star just like Ewing. Kp is way more skilled then Ewing ever was that undeniable, will KP become the leader and warrior Ewing was remains to be seen. But one on one KP over Ewing all day Ewing could never defend a player as fast as KP he couldn’t even keep up with the dream. Again love love love Ewing but this is a different NBA and KP has the Perfect skill set to be THE SUPERSTAR in today’s NBA . He is only 22 growing pains and inconsistency are expected esp for a 7’3 giant... if KP can stay healthy and keep getting stronger, it’s not a matter of if he’ll win a championship it’s when.

Think about this would a slow beefy center that sets up in the post 80% of the time even get big minutes in today’s nba ?

Ewing was a true center (except for that ridiculous twin towers experiment with Cartwright), so in a way it's a difficult comparison because they play different positions, their styles of play is different and their roles are completely different. One on one I would take Kevin Garnett over Shaq all day. Doesn't mean KG was a better player than Shaq.

Saying Ewing couldn't defend KP is like saying Ewing couldn't defend Durant. Of course not. And guess what, KP and Durant wouldn't be able to handle Ewing in the paint. If KP is getting worked over by player like Marcus Smart in the paint how in the world would he be able to stand up to Ewing.

You gotta look at this from both sides.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/5/2018  9:56 PM
This is a guy who blew off the exit interview with a HOFer, decided he was the smartest guy in the room and decided he needed to be the best player on a Latvian team during the summer, has done nothing than make childish noises that he's never leaving but thinking about leaving, and no he says he's tired.

Tired.

And the response is that he needs to be surrounded by players who will do all the work. Maybe he'll stay then.

Trade this guy asap.

Knixkik
USA
1/5/2018  10:48 PM
fwk00 wrote:This is a guy who blew off the exit interview with a HOFer, decided he was the smartest guy in the room and decided he needed to be the best player on a Latvian team during the summer, has done nothing than make childish noises that he's never leaving but thinking about leaving, and no he says he's tired.

Tired.

And the response is that he needs to be surrounded by players who will do all the work. Maybe he'll stay then.

Trade this guy asap.

The things you are saying, remind me why we have the worst fan base in all of sports.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/5/2018  11:27 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fwk00 wrote:This is a guy who blew off the exit interview with a HOFer, decided he was the smartest guy in the room and decided he needed to be the best player on a Latvian team during the summer, has done nothing than make childish noises that he's never leaving but thinking about leaving, and no he says he's tired.

Tired.

Trade this guy asap.

The things you are saying, remind me why we have the worst fan base in all of sports.

This. But KP does need to be a bit more wavy with the media. You can't say that.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

1/6/2018  4:22 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Tired.

Trade this guy asap.

No, he's right.

Zinger has a negative reputation of liking the night life and the clubs a little too much. In some ways, he's very much like Derek Jeter was as a young player.

If the Knicks need to rest him, Briggs idea of 28+ minutes a game makes little to no sense. If you need to rest a player, you rest him every third game by sitting him. Or much like Wade was with the Heat, you let him sit every other game when you have a back to back set.

Zinger is a very talented player. That being said, dude needs to have his tampon changed a little too often to act like a real team leader.

All Zinger has to do is going to his coaches in private, say he needs a breather. Then the team can work up some phantom injury to give him a game off. Like every other elite player in the league does. What you don't do is talk about it in the press.

Suck it up princess.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/6/2018  7:34 AM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

He gives about 10 great games at the start of each season but is quite far from a franchise player and probably not a legit all-star level player even if he gets voted in. No one really knows what he will amount to right now or whether we'd be better off taking a large package of assets in a trade vs maxing him out soon. Both choices are big gambles. I still lean towards keeping him but my thinking is split about 55-45%. There's a high chance (it may be 50-50) people will look back in a few years and say that those suggesting a trade were right.
Gudris
Member: #6213

1/6/2018  9:08 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

He gives about 10 great games at the start of each season but is quite far from a franchise player and probably not a legit all-star level player even if he gets voted in. No one really knows what he will amount to right now or whether we'd be better off taking a large package of assets in a trade vs maxing him out soon. Both choices are big gambles. I still lean towards keeping him but my thinking is split about 55-45%. There's a high chance (it may be 50-50) people will look back in a few years and say that those suggesting a trade were right.

So beeing Top15 scorer, Top3 shot blocker and Nr1 rim protector is not enough for ALL STAR? what are you smoking? :F

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/6/2018  11:08 AM
Gudris wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

So beeing Top15 scorer, Top3 shot blocker and Nr1 rim protector is not enough for ALL STAR? what are you smoking? :F

You're using the per game volume stats that became outdated before the first iPhone.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/6/2018  11:18 AM
does jeff read the papers? KP should not be playing over 30 minutes a game. If he is giving us 15 pts, I think we can get similar production from the players on the bench.
Kp says he's tired out. Breaking down

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy