[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kp says he's tired out. Breaking down
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

1/4/2018  4:02 PM
On offense take Tim away is there a team with a weaker supporting cast around a franchise player?

KP has no one else that can create and the defensive pressure has upped on him.
He himself has physically slowed down.
Didn't Phil say KP wasn't ready to carry a team yet?

Give him another season or two.
This season is huge for KPs development. He is learning what it truly takes to be the man.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/4/2018  4:14 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:On offense take Tim away is there a team with a weaker supporting cast around a franchise player?

KP has no one else that can create and the defensive pressure has upped on him.
He himself has physically slowed down.
Didn't Phil say KP wasn't ready to carry a team yet?

Give him another season or two.
This season is huge for KPs development. He is learning what it truly takes to be the man.

This has been the case in the past with the Knicks roster construction. Hopefully this is fixed in the next year or two. From Jeff,
KP is our guy, let’s throw it to him and that’s when we’re standing around.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/4/2018  10:28 PM
I disagree
Last years team had more firepower
Rose was able to create
Melo
KP (although without the post game he has now)

This years team - the teams 4th option from last year CLee has become our number two shot taker after KP since the THJ injury.

Let's all be realistic and real

When the melo trade went down most of us would have said the KP/THJ led team wins 30 games tops. Now without Tim, they have won at that rate which is not too bad. You take away THJ and CLee is our second consistent option ... a guy on most other teams would be a fifth option or 6 man.

I am interested to see this team play with THJ back and also interested in seeing what we do about the Center rotation. Noah played great and still wasn't really used in either game after. Willy is being wasted. We need to make a trade for more perimeter talent that can create off the dribble at the cost of one of our bigs. And get THj back. Think after that we are at least a .500 team being led by Porzingis.

Porzingis will not be a 30 points a night guy until he is physically able to get bigger stronger fitter. I do think he will do it. Each year his production has gone up.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/4/2018  10:54 PM
Keep the guy at 26-28 minutes max. Play him 65-70 games. I dont think physically he can be a number 1. But HE CAN be a nice piece on a team that will need depth. This is not a 45 minute guy back to back--etc... some time coaches dont get it but our coaches will need to keep him under monitor--if we want him to be fresh and consistent
RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/4/2018  11:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2018  11:28 PM
KP needs a PG to work with, a Stockton to his Malone so to speak. Not the same kind of player, but its another case of a big man needing a real floor general to take help him take his game to the next level.

His job in part would be keeping KP out of situations where being 7'3 works against him. Knowing the best place to get him the ball, and making sure he goes to the right spots to get it. As well as being able to be part of a one two punch offensively, when necessary.

Frank might be that PG, has to be someone or KP's development will take longer. Already has the physical aspect of playing in the NBA to deal with, this would be one less headache.

CrushAlot
USA
1/4/2018  11:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Keep the guy at 26-28 minutes max. Play him 65-70 games. I dont think physically he can be a number 1. But HE CAN be a nice piece on a team that will need depth. This is not a 45 minute guy back to back--etc... some time coaches dont get it but our coaches will need to keep him under monitor--if we want him to be fresh and consistent
He also needs to be a bit more media savvy. He could have said I didn't have it tonight, I need to bring more energy, we miss Tim, etc. But saying he is tired and more leads to anemia stories, and criticism because he played for Latvia. At this point he is the franchise player and he is scrutinized.
CrushAlot
USA
1/4/2018  11:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Keep the guy at 26-28 minutes max. Play him 65-70 games. I dont think physically he can be a number 1. But HE CAN be a nice piece on a team that will need depth. This is not a 45 minute guy back to back--etc... some time coaches dont get it but our coaches will need to keep him under monitor--if we want him to be fresh and consistent
He also needs to be a bit more media savvy. He could have said I didn't have it tonight, I need to bring more energy, we miss Tim, etc. But saying he is tired and more leads to anemia stories, and criticism because he played for Latvia. At this point he is the franchise player and he is scrutinized.
BRIGGS
1/5/2018  3:58 AM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:At game 38 after missing 6-7 games.

I guess go back to what I was saying -- give him the Spurs treatment-- he needs scheduled rest games and a 28 minute or so restriction for most games. Guy is 7-3-- we have to accept the reality that he is not a franchise player to be counted on like a Patrick Ewing( who was a better player) and that we need to formulate a role that he can have success with.

Once again why I wanted to trade him, players his height have a dubious history. Very nice player but will need to be coddled his entire career. Will we have to keep on a 60 game schedule to keep him for the playoffs. This again was why it was so important to pick high this year to get our alpha.

you were wrong then and still wrong.

Nope I was right then and right now. Kp is NO franchise player. I think he'd be a GREAT third or even fourth piece. I don't think you want him as your 1 or 2. If we can get him to 3-4 where he's in a defined role playing 25-27 minutes-- this team would've been on it's way to better things. He can have his games where he goes for 30 but I'd rather have a tight 18-8-3-2 50% in 26 minutes

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/5/2018  8:31 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I guess go back to what I was saying -- give him the Spurs treatment-- he needs scheduled rest games and a 28 minute or so restriction for most games. Guy is 7-3-- we have to accept the reality that he is not a franchise player to be counted on like a Patrick Ewing( who was a better player) and that we need to formulate a role that he can have success with.

Once again why I wanted to trade him, players his height have a dubious history. Very nice player but will need to be coddled his entire career. Will we have to keep on a 60 game schedule to keep him for the playoffs. This again was why it was so important to pick high this year to get our alpha.

Nope I was right then and right now. Kp is NO franchise player. I think he'd be a GREAT third or even fourth piece. I don't think you want him as your 1 or 2. If we can get him to 3-4 where he's in a defined role playing 25-27 minutes-- this team would've been on it's way to better things. He can have his games where he goes for 30 but I'd rather have a tight 18-8-3-2 50% in 26 minutes

At 3;58am whose going to ask you: "Why can't they just do this going forward?" And why would the team be on its way to better things? I don't understand this? Has KP and the knicks done irrepairable damage?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/5/2018  8:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2018  8:50 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Lol you really are something else. You must be trying to just troll people with this nonsense.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/5/2018  10:06 AM

He said he was breaking down?? Where?

http://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1T0FuwyAQfA2-YS1g4-TgQxrXH-gDIgzrGDmAZbAi9_WF9lxpNSvNjGZ2Ta8aeelEZXsO7AIMWtZAA6Jm9fjJWcvv947dBiGvA2lgVj5ag6bWwVVLLzi0oFWnFUIrNcqpU0x3M5MTMM159eqXlLZIxI3wMY9R9nWu3uo1lojMlNa8gBVoM3h80zPsK_2zUYMz-oh03W1Maot0C_u39U8bS6QYj-QeWrlN2acnYhiV_yoXEv4xlDLCZXHEcOwa_9cdGnu4rKPLbLX3aIzF-o3Z2cCplhB-f079pJJeHtZQfpXsBwbzZJg

In defense of Kristaps Porzingis, the latest overreaction by media sensationalists and shortsighted fans is a sign of what’s actually wrong with the New York Knicks.
New York Knicks power forward Kristaps Porzingis has hit a proverbial wall. Since opening the season with 11 games in MVP-caliber form, Porzingis has shot just 39.4 percent from the field and 33.7 percent from beyond the arc.

While those numbers are admittedly concerning, the overreaction by media members and impatient fans is far more disappointing.

Porzingis needs to improve his quality of play, but he’ll be the first to acknowledge that as true. He’s spoken at length about the new challenges he’s encountered in 2017-18, making a grand total of zero excuses along the way.

According to Ian Begley of ESPN New York, the latest explanation Porzingis offered for his inconsistency is that he’s downright exhausted.

“I’m tired. I’m so tired right now,” he said after the New York Knicks lost 121-103 to the Washington Wizards. “I have one day now to rest my legs and then get back and play better and have more energy, and also try and bring the team’s energy up.”

That seemingly harmless comment has caused a media firestorm.

Stephen A. Smith of ESPN’s First Take claims that Porzingis, “Doesn’t have the body,” to be the franchise player. Fans have flocked to Twitter to echo those same concerns. In the process, the basketball world has lost its perspective.

In defense of Porzingis, only one thought comes to mind: Porzingis doesn’t need to be defended.

For as much as we want to blame James Dolan and James Dolan alone, Knicks fans and media members have played their part in the disaster that’s been the post-Ewing era. For every ill-advised trade has been the segmented fan response of, “We need to make a trade,” at the first sign of trouble.

That reality reared its ugly head as recently as the opening month of the 2017-18 NBA regular season, when many angrily questioned why the team didn’t trade for Eric Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is certainly a fine player, as the Milwaukee Bucks have come to learn. Milwaukee traded its 2018 first and second-round draft picks to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for Bledsoe, however, albeit with protections on both selections.

Rather than developing Frank Ntilikina or evaluating the prospects in the 2018 NBA Draft, fans and writers alike grew upset that the organization didn’t trade for a 28-year-old point guard with a history of knee injuries.

Four postseason appearances in 16 seasons will cause this type of impatience, but shortsightedness is what got New York here in the first place.

If you’re wondering how this applies to Porzingis, it’s all about the need for instant gratification. Porzingis has been open and honest about every hurdle he’s encountered, thus providing the window into the NBA that fans often long for.

Instead of taking a communal approach to supporting Porzingis during his first season as a go-to scoring option, fans are already questioning if he has what it takes to prosper.

This is expected from media pundits who make their money off of hot takes and knee-jerk reactions. For the fan base to turn on the player who’s most responsible for the Knicks’ bright future, however, is a confirmation of what rival fans have long said about us.

Demanding greatness is a part of what makes New York’s fan base great, but its impatience is a reason why the organization has been in the gutter for the better part of 20 years.

@NYDNSports
Kristaps Porzingis made the worst kind of concession speech with his 'tired’ excuse http://nydn.us/2EVDm5B - @FisolaNYDN

There’s nothing wrong with pointing out when a player is struggling. To question if Porzingis is worth the hype after just 38 games, however, is a response that’s disingenuous to a player who deserves the opportunity to work through his first season as a franchise player with the support of his fan base.

Take your frustration out of the equation and look at the context of the situation.

Carmelo Anthony was still a Knick as late as the day before training camp. Roughly 24 hours before the 2017-18 season technically began, the player who was going to share the offensive workload with Porzingis was traded.
Even if the NBA community knew Anthony was going to be traded, no one knew what the return would be. Thus, no offseason workouts could be scheduled to get a head start on 2017-18.
Porzingis ranks No. 5 in the NBA in usage percentage at 32.5 percent. Even Anthony, who shouldered a massive workload, recorded a usage percentage of 32.5 or higher just once in his Knicks career.
Tim Hardaway Jr., the No. 2 offensive option, has missed the past 17 games with a lower leg injury.
The only Knick other than Hardaway and Porzingis who can generate consistent isolation offense is Michael Beasley, who ranks No. 76 in the NBA in Defensive RPM.
Despite all of this, Porzingis ranks No. 1 in the NBA in defensive field goal percentage at the rim. He’s the only player in the Association who’s facing at least 5.0 shots at the rim per game and still holding opponents below 50.0 percent shooting.

In other words: Porzingis isn’t allowing his quality of play on offense to dictate his effort on defense—something we haven’t said about a Knicks franchise player since Patrick Ewing.

Whether or not Porzingis is the franchise player or Frank Ntilikina is the star point guard of the future, patience remains the key. This is the first season of a long-term rebuild, which means it will take time for everything to come together.

You don’t have to like it, but you must understand that your disapproval doesn’t change the fact that it’s true.

As far as Kristaps Porzingis is concerned, he doesn’t need to be defended. New York Knicks fans simply need to be supportive if they want the culture to change.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/5/2018  10:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2018  10:12 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:

He said he was breaking down?? Where?

http://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1T0FuwyAQfA2-YS1g4-TgQxrXH-gDIgzrGDmAZbAi9_WF9lxpNSvNjGZ2Ta8aeelEZXsO7AIMWtZAA6Jm9fjJWcvv947dBiGvA2lgVj5ag6bWwVVLLzi0oFWnFUIrNcqpU0x3M5MTMM159eqXlLZIxI3wMY9R9nWu3uo1lojMlNa8gBVoM3h80zPsK_2zUYMz-oh03W1Maot0C_u39U8bS6QYj-QeWrlN2acnYhiV_yoXEv4xlDLCZXHEcOwa_9cdGnu4rKPLbLX3aIzF-o3Z2cCplhB-f079pJJeHtZQfpXsBwbzZJg

In defense of Kristaps Porzingis, the latest overreaction by media sensationalists and shortsighted fans is a sign of what’s actually wrong with the New York Knicks.
New York Knicks power forward Kristaps Porzingis has hit a proverbial wall. Since opening the season with 11 games in MVP-caliber form, Porzingis has shot just 39.4 percent from the field and 33.7 percent from beyond the arc.

While those numbers are admittedly concerning, the overreaction by media members and impatient fans is far more disappointing.

Porzingis needs to improve his quality of play, but he’ll be the first to acknowledge that as true. He’s spoken at length about the new challenges he’s encountered in 2017-18, making a grand total of zero excuses along the way.

According to Ian Begley of ESPN New York, the latest explanation Porzingis offered for his inconsistency is that he’s downright exhausted.

“I’m tired. I’m so tired right now,” he said after the New York Knicks lost 121-103 to the Washington Wizards. “I have one day now to rest my legs and then get back and play better and have more energy, and also try and bring the team’s energy up.”

That seemingly harmless comment has caused a media firestorm.

Stephen A. Smith of ESPN’s First Take claims that Porzingis, “Doesn’t have the body,” to be the franchise player. Fans have flocked to Twitter to echo those same concerns. In the process, the basketball world has lost its perspective.

In defense of Porzingis, only one thought comes to mind: Porzingis doesn’t need to be defended.

For as much as we want to blame James Dolan and James Dolan alone, Knicks fans and media members have played their part in the disaster that’s been the post-Ewing era. For every ill-advised trade has been the segmented fan response of, “We need to make a trade,” at the first sign of trouble.

That reality reared its ugly head as recently as the opening month of the 2017-18 NBA regular season, when many angrily questioned why the team didn’t trade for Eric Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is certainly a fine player, as the Milwaukee Bucks have come to learn. Milwaukee traded its 2018 first and second-round draft picks to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for Bledsoe, however, albeit with protections on both selections.

Rather than developing Frank Ntilikina or evaluating the prospects in the 2018 NBA Draft, fans and writers alike grew upset that the organization didn’t trade for a 28-year-old point guard with a history of knee injuries.

Four postseason appearances in 16 seasons will cause this type of impatience, but shortsightedness is what got New York here in the first place.

If you’re wondering how this applies to Porzingis, it’s all about the need for instant gratification. Porzingis has been open and honest about every hurdle he’s encountered, thus providing the window into the NBA that fans often long for.

Instead of taking a communal approach to supporting Porzingis during his first season as a go-to scoring option, fans are already questioning if he has what it takes to prosper.

This is expected from media pundits who make their money off of hot takes and knee-jerk reactions. For the fan base to turn on the player who’s most responsible for the Knicks’ bright future, however, is a confirmation of what rival fans have long said about us.

Demanding greatness is a part of what makes New York’s fan base great, but its impatience is a reason why the organization has been in the gutter for the better part of 20 years.

@NYDNSports
Kristaps Porzingis made the worst kind of concession speech with his 'tired’ excuse http://nydn.us/2EVDm5B - @FisolaNYDN

There’s nothing wrong with pointing out when a player is struggling. To question if Porzingis is worth the hype after just 38 games, however, is a response that’s disingenuous to a player who deserves the opportunity to work through his first season as a franchise player with the support of his fan base.

Take your frustration out of the equation and look at the context of the situation.

Carmelo Anthony was still a Knick as late as the day before training camp. Roughly 24 hours before the 2017-18 season technically began, the player who was going to share the offensive workload with Porzingis was traded.
Even if the NBA community knew Anthony was going to be traded, no one knew what the return would be. Thus, no offseason workouts could be scheduled to get a head start on 2017-18.
Porzingis ranks No. 5 in the NBA in usage percentage at 32.5 percent. Even Anthony, who shouldered a massive workload, recorded a usage percentage of 32.5 or higher just once in his Knicks career.
Tim Hardaway Jr., the No. 2 offensive option, has missed the past 17 games with a lower leg injury.
The only Knick other than Hardaway and Porzingis who can generate consistent isolation offense is Michael Beasley, who ranks No. 76 in the NBA in Defensive RPM.
Despite all of this, Porzingis ranks No. 1 in the NBA in defensive field goal percentage at the rim. He’s the only player in the Association who’s facing at least 5.0 shots at the rim per game and still holding opponents below 50.0 percent shooting.

In other words: Porzingis isn’t allowing his quality of play on offense to dictate his effort on defense—something we haven’t said about a Knicks franchise player since Patrick Ewing.

Whether or not Porzingis is the franchise player or Frank Ntilikina is the star point guard of the future, patience remains the key. This is the first season of a long-term rebuild, which means it will take time for everything to come together.

You don’t have to like it, but you must understand that your disapproval doesn’t change the fact that it’s true.

As far as Kristaps Porzingis is concerned, he doesn’t need to be defended. New York Knicks fans simply need to be supportive if they want the culture to change.

It's a good article that puts things into perspective. Knicks fans are by far the most Hot Take driven fan base, with a "what have you done for me lately" attitude. Briggs has proven to be a poster child for this type of thinking within the fanbase. Changing opinions like the wind and to very extreme measures. KP is now a 3rd or 4th option according to him, and Beasley is our best player. This the the mindset of this fanbase. Extreme impatience for consistency on all levels.

CrushAlot
USA
1/5/2018  10:54 AM
NOt sure where to start with the Ogden article. He spends a lot of time going after the NY media and Knick fan base. In regards to Begley, I know Begley called Ogden out for writing entire articles on one sentence tweets from Begley and other Knick media members. I believe they went back in forth a bit about that. Some of his defense of KP is just inaccurate.

Porzingis ranks No. 5 in the NBA in usage percentage at 32.5 percent.

KP skipped voluntary team workouts this past offseason. He spent his summer playing for Latvia and did not return to NY until just before media day. Ogden needs to check things out a bit better if he is going to call out fans and media for reacting to something a player actually said.
BRIGGS
1/5/2018  12:01 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Lol you really are something else. You must be trying to just troll people with this nonsense.

You are living in faux reality. Because you believe something it has to be real. The REALITY is KP had 5 great games. Since then--and perhaps injury and or his own physical limitation have come into play--its simply not the same guy. I dont think its a case where he eats one more steak and hell be ok. Hes a 7-3 guy who has certain physical flaw and most likely a need to play less to keep him physically fit. He is NOT a franchise player--he MAY look like it at times--so do many players. The best thing the Knicks can do is build with him as a core piece--but certainly no franchise player--as in what the Spurs have with Pau Gasol--hes an important piece but does not carry the load. Can you undertsnad?

RIP Crushalot😞
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/5/2018  12:01 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Nope I was right then and right now. Kp is NO franchise player. I think he'd be a GREAT third or even fourth piece

Great....now lets just add 3 other all-star level players and we'll be set.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
1/5/2018  12:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2018  12:05 PM
Andrew wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Nope I was right then and right now. Kp is NO franchise player. I think he'd be a GREAT third or even fourth piece

Great....now lets just add 3 other all-star level players and we'll be set.

I hate to say this but this is the most reality based thing I have read. Youre right--just like the Spurs--we need to add the right talents. HOPEFULLY Tim Hardaway can be 1. Thats why I believe we needed a second top 5 pick so badly moreso than a Carmelo trade. We dont want to be continually stuck. If we can add a top 5-6 pick and Isiah thomas for example--that would be a huge pull for the franchise--as long as IT is healthy. We could be relevant quickly with other good small moves.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
1/5/2018  12:08 PM
KP did his workouts in the summer. He hired his own team to do so. We saw the videos and the people he hired.
We are fans, we know this. We expect media to be accurate.
KP's first season "as the man". He has to learn how to do this. Its also possible that he won't have the body for it.
Bascially you water that down and say "he might not be the transformative player of his generation as his skill set might dictate, but he is an allstar caliber player!".
He might not be our top dog. PIppen was a great no. 2. Melo, he is HOF bound with heavy cred but was he a "franchise player"? Only if he had the right team around him. That's a long list of players we can put on that. Ewing, Dominique Wilkens, Dantly, English, Barkley, Without the mailman to deliver, does Stockton get his HOF status? If Stockton don't give him the mail, can Malone "Deliver"?
KP showed us something in the first 11 games. He is now showing us he is not superman. Or not yet at 22. HOw many players got that cred at that age? A few did. Jordan was nursing a broken leg his sophomore season. Was not a god until he was 26.
No, he is not a franchise player, but he wasn't last year either. With Melo, we did not make the playoffs. Without him the current trajectory is not on track either. In my view Melo was an allstar player but his franchise tag was as valid as the team he had around him. KP is tired. With Timmy still out the team is offensively challenged.
At 22 Anthony davis was breaking too. Philly has yet to install a franchise player as they kept breaking too.
Briggs is more a typical fan as he reacts to whats infront of him even though he tries to scout and predict. The self congratulatory bost of "I told ya so" might be more gratifying to him than a team succeeding. Knicks hit a bump in the road. Question is does the season flush out or does it correct itself back to the early part of the season.

I don't know. Who does?

reub
Member: #6227

1/5/2018  12:10 PM

Briggs, are you The Glass Half Rebuilt?

BRIGGS
1/5/2018  1:09 PM
reub wrote:

I think that we couldve a simlar success to the Celtiocs "lead by IT" (if hes healthy) when looking at their roster from last year.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
1/5/2018  1:14 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:

I think that we couldve a simlar success to the Celtiocs "lead by IT" (if hes healthy) when looking at their roster from last year.

We don't have the young depth at guard they did.
You think we make conf. finals if a healthy IT was on our roster?
Is by concept or was there a trade done?

Kp says he's tired out. Breaking down

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy