[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kp says he's tired out. Breaking down
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/4/2018  4:20 AM
At game 38 after missing 6-7 games.

I guess go back to what I was saying -- give him the Spurs treatment-- he needs scheduled rest games and a 28 minute or so restriction for most games. Guy is 7-3-- we have to accept the reality that he is not a franchise player to be counted on like a Patrick Ewing( who was a better player) and that we need to formulate a role that he can have success with.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Gudris
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6213

1/4/2018  5:23 AM
BRIGGS wrote:At game 38 after missing 6-7 games.

I guess go back to what I was saying -- give him the Spurs treatment-- he needs scheduled rest games and a 28 minute or so restriction for most games. Guy is 7-3-- we have to accept the reality that he is not a franchise player to be counted on like a Patrick Ewing( who was a better player) and that we need to formulate a role that he can have success with.

Apparently there is a problem with diet and/or rest(sleep) , with balanced diet and rest(sleep) there should be no problem like this
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/4/2018  5:54 AM

Once again why I wanted to trade him, players his height have a dubious history. Very nice player but will need to be coddled his entire career. Will we have to keep on a 60 game schedule to keep him for the playoffs. This again was why it was so important to pick high this year to get our alpha.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/4/2018  7:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2018  7:43 AM

You are losing your mind. And Porzingis is significantly better than Ewing was at age 22. Add to the fact that Porzingis has become one of the best defensive players in the league. He needs help, doing it all by himself will wear down anyone.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/4/2018  8:32 AM
He shouldn't have been playing in the summer. No sympathy.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/4/2018  8:35 AM
he had anemia when he was younger.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/4/2018  8:36 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Once again why I wanted to trade him, players his height have a dubious history. Very nice player but will need to be coddled his entire career. Will we have to keep on a 60 game schedule to keep him for the playoffs. This again was why it was so important to pick high this year to get our alpha.

you were wrong then and still wrong.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
1/4/2018  8:56 AM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

you were wrong then and still wrong.

He couldn't be more wrong. Porzingis is still just 22 and will continue to develop his body and endurance. And hopefully the knicks add pieces to take pressure off of him. It's amazing how each era we have a superstar that guys want to get rid of. Thank god fans don't run the team.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/4/2018  8:59 AM
Gudris wrote:

Apparently there is a problem with diet and/or rest(sleep) , with balanced diet and rest(sleep) there should be no problem like this

Yeah, thats the answer genius. Gee why didnt anyone else think about that?

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/4/2018  9:03 AM

Ewing's knees were pretty much shot at 22, had to develop into a jump shooter because of it. As far as I can tell this is about conditioning more than anything else. The way KP gets thrown around by defenders shows he isn't there yet. Doesn't mean he cant get there. Going to take time.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/4/2018  9:55 AM
I blame JH for this. To much posting up he can’t handle that kind of punishment on a nightly basis. Once in awhile Ok but they just do it to much. He is best moving without the ball and facing the basket. Taking set up jumpers and for goodness sake get him closer to the damn basket to finish.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/4/2018  10:31 AM
Blame is over rated.
And of course we never give the opponent credit for out playing us.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/4/2018  10:43 AM
Nalod wrote:Blame is over rated.
And of course we never give the opponent credit for out playing us.

Blame the opponent.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/4/2018  10:49 AM

Briggs - I think this is a fair concern, but the dude is still just 22 1/2 years old. He is a baby!

Now- he should be limited to 28-30 minutes a game, maybe fewer on the 2nd of a back to back.

But I don't think you can say he isn't a franchise player. Too soon.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/4/2018  10:53 AM
you know who was more injury prone and played less regular season minutes and games than KP has in a season plus? Kawhi Leonard
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/4/2018  10:55 AM
He's had fatigue issues from the time he picked up a basketball, it's gotten better over the yrs but let's face it, he's still needs to get a lot stronger.

When labron rough him after all those consecutive 30 point games, the rest of the league got the memo, and now he's on the ground more than Iverson, and thats without the ball. Yeah he's getting some calls, but he's not built to take that kind of punishment.

He's not ready for double teams

ES
Knixkik
USA
1/4/2018  11:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2018  11:03 AM
franco12 wrote:

Briggs - I think this is a fair concern, but the dude is still just 22 1/2 years old. He is a baby!

Now- he should be limited to 28-30 minutes a game, maybe fewer on the 2nd of a back to back.

Briggs makes all of his threads based on jumping to conclusions and deciding something soon too. His thoughts will always be based on whatever has happened the last couple of games. Porzingis, despite scoring 24 ppg and being the best rim protector by percentage in the entire league, has not looked like a franchise player the last couple of games, therefore Briggs will make that conclusion. Funny thing is he compared him to Ewing as far as a player to be counted on, and Ewing missed significant time in his first 2 seasons, which were his age 23 and 24 seasons. He was not physically dependable until age 25, which is around the age most guys are physically matured. But i guess you can't let facts get in the way of a good knee-jerk argument.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/4/2018  12:16 PM
Knixkik wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Briggs makes all of his threads based on jumping to conclusions and deciding something soon too. His thoughts will always be based on whatever has happened the last couple of games. Porzingis, despite scoring 24 ppg and being the best rim protector by percentage in the entire league, has not looked like a franchise player the last couple of games, therefore Briggs will make that conclusion. Funny thing is he compared him to Ewing as far as a player to be counted on, and Ewing missed significant time in his first 2 seasons, which were his age 23 and 24 seasons. He was not physically dependable until age 25, which is around the age most guys are physically matured. But i guess you can't let facts get in the way of a good knee-jerk argument.

I get it- Briggs concern. I was in the camp of considering trading KP- and for 3 first rounders from the celts, that might have been a great deal.

I think this year we have to find out if KP can be the franchise player we build around/with. Early, he answered the question. But I am a bit concerned. Yes, he is young, and I think our FO & coaching staff have to get on the same page and not over-play him.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/4/2018  12:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2018  1:03 PM
What is often overlooked is if KP was traded, the concept is one thing but then you break it down and it is often overlooked there are few young players that come right in and perform.
Anthony davis has been fragile. Embiid. Norlens. Fultz. this year few rookies are really break out stars. Donovan and Kuzma are the early darlings as there are each year.
We had David Lee once upon a time.
So the notion of alternatives and that they would be locked in solid players is often taken for granted.
WIth all of Briggs suggestions many of them are good, but no team can take them all on. Thus, how do you qualify the result?

In some ways KP is better than I thought he'd be because we have never seen a kid his size do these things. At the same time he like many young players have the physical obsticles and injury prevention. Lots of players go thru this. It makes Lebron and Jordan almost super human in retrospect! Shaq and Melo were largely unscathed. Yet we forget Kurt Thomas early career problems, Steph Curry, and closer to home BroPez.
Seems like "SUperstar" Blake Griffith who just got a big extension is always injured. CP3 as well.
So to set the bar and label KP at 22 unable to be the man is a bit premature. He has the skills. His first 10 games were a revelation as to what his talent can do.
But like many others the ability to sustain is a big puzzle. Draft picks don't solve that, it could make the team worse.
I dont' have the answer, but Im not pretending to either. Proposing an empty open concept is not with Merit in my book. Same with new coach proclamations and the ever ending "We need a star at the 3." No shyt.
Lots of teams have questions. Lonzo at the 2nd pick and his lakers are not so pretty these days. They are also in danger of handing the Celtics another prize.
Philly is the perfect example of how fragile players and talent is. OK4, Norlens, Emiiiiiiid, Simmons and fultz make KP look like an iron man. At least KP has shown longer stretches of brilliance.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/4/2018  1:31 PM
Knixkik wrote:

You are losing your mind. And Porzingis is significantly better than Ewing was at age 22. Add to the fact that Porzingis has become one of the best defensive players in the league. He needs help, doing it all by himself will wear down anyone.

Briggs blows with the wind -- game to game.

Ewing entered the NBA his rookie season at age 23 -- and only played 50 games. His 2nd season at age 24 -- he only played 63 games.

KP will be 23 NEXT YEAR and will have 3 NBA seasons under his belt --- KP is far ahead of Ewing at similar stage and it's not even close. KP is even a better rim protector and smarter defender around the rim.

As Briggs stated months ago -- Willy will be better than KP in 3 years...LOL

Kp says he's tired out. Breaking down

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy