[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trey Burke G League Player of the Month
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

1/6/2018  12:04 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:Kick Sessions to the curb and call up Burke. The rationale against it is if something happened to Jack you don't have a seasoned point guard to replace him and too much falls on Frank's shoulders. Well, It's not like Burke is a rookie. He's a four year NBA vet and when given the opportunity Sessions has looked horrible. Could Burke really be that much worse than Sessions if forced to play? Not to mention, Sessions doesn't look the least bit engaged on the bench. So what is he adding to the team.

Given this current tailspin and Jack looking shakier with each game, give the dude a look. What do we have to lose?

So you want to start the tank off early? I'm cool with the idea. Just don't try to sell me on Trey Burke saving the season.

Has nothing to do with tanking or saving the season. Has to do with the potential to contribute and help the team more than Sessions.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/6/2018  12:28 PM
Welpee wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:Kick Sessions to the curb and call up Burke. The rationale against it is if something happened to Jack you don't have a seasoned point guard to replace him and too much falls on Frank's shoulders. Well, It's not like Burke is a rookie. He's a four year NBA vet and when given the opportunity Sessions has looked horrible. Could Burke really be that much worse than Sessions if forced to play? Not to mention, Sessions doesn't look the least bit engaged on the bench. So what is he adding to the team.

Given this current tailspin and Jack looking shakier with each game, give the dude a look. What do we have to lose?

So you want to start the tank off early? I'm cool with the idea. Just don't try to sell me on Trey Burke saving the season.

Has nothing to do with tanking or saving the season. Has to do with the potential to contribute and help the team more than Sessions.

Real talk....I'm not sure Burke has that potential. I wouldn't call it a stopgap move, because Burke has never really shown he can play at a decent NBA level before. Whatever the case, I don't want him messing with Frank's minutes or development. Whether it's Burke or Sessions taking that spot, it doesn't matter to me.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/6/2018  12:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Real talk....I'm not sure Burke has that potential. I wouldn't call it a stopgap move, because Burke has never really shown he can play at a decent NBA level before. Whatever the case, I don't want him messing with Frank's minutes or development. Whether it's Burke or Sessions taking that spot, it doesn't matter to me.

Burke said part of the reason he signed with Westchester was because of his relationship with Scott Perry. Perry had Burke and Jack work out and signed Jack. Sessions was signed two weeks after Perry was hired. If Sessions was more of a Mills signing, Perry might be more willing to waive/trade him. I am not sure but it seems like Perry is a stand up guy and players that have relationships with him are loyal. I would think he would not want to burn bridges, even with league minimum guys. I think the Knicks try to make a move to free open a spot if they see Burke as a part of the future. It sounds like Burke was under the impression that he would eventually be on the big club.
***Noah credited Sessions training/workout routine with helping him stay ready for when he finally got minutes.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/6/2018  12:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2018  12:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Burke said part of the reason he signed with Westchester was because of his relationship with Scott Perry. Perry had Burke and Jack work out and signed Jack. Sessions was signed two weeks after Perry was hired. If Sessions was more of a Mills signing, Perry might be more willing to waive/trade him. I am not sure but it seems like Perry is a stand up guy and players that have relationships with him are loyal. I would think he would not want to burn bridges, even with league minimum guys. I think the Knicks try to make a move to free open a spot if they see Burke as a part of the future. It sounds like Burke was under the impression that he would eventually be on the big club.
***Noah credited Sessions training/workout routine with helping him stay ready for when he finally got minutes.
Sessions has a guaranteed contract. It's not like he won't get his money if he gets cut. Plus it frees him up to possibly fill a spot on a playoff team if a guard goes down (which always happens). I don't consider it doing Sessions a favor keeping him around to not play. And Sessions didn't produce when he had an opportunity so it's not like he wasn't given a chance.

So I'm not buying the loyalty thing for the last guy on the bench.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

1/6/2018  5:10 PM
Burke is exactly what this team needs. Give jack some vet rest and start frank and have Burke come off the bench. if Burke can do half of what he did in the g league he should eventually be our starter... Burke and Timmy Michigan reunited!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/6/2018  5:25 PM
Not opposed to giving Burke a shot. Its just when I hear him say to the media, that his offense is elite. Makes me want to look for another answer.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/6/2018  6:07 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Not opposed to giving Burke a shot. Its just when I hear him say to the media, that his offense is elite. Makes me want to look for another answer.

Exactly. The book was he needed to improve his playmaking and shot selection because he's already shown that the way he played before didn't work. I'd have to like to have seen him work on those area. Watching put up gaudy numbers against inferior competition shows me nothing. I already know he can score against lesser athletes. He did it in college. It's like when people got excited seeing Jimmer gun a few years ago. It was fine, but those aren't the impovements he needed to make in order to stick.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Trey Burke G League Player of the Month

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy