[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Do You think the knicks will make any roster moves by the trade dead line?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/3/2018  11:01 PM
Knixkik wrote:
MS wrote:At this point they absolutely need too.

This team is not a playoff team. THJR's injury is very worrisome and we can't compete without him.

Most Value
Lee
KOQ
Kanter
Dougy

I would be listening to offers on everyone above. Lee's value will never be higher, he's been fantastic all year long and playing tremendous basketball, same goes for KOQ. I like KOQ and would be interested on a 3year 18MM deal as our backup center. Kanter is an enigma, sometimes he looks downright unstoppable others he just disappears. If we can move him for the right package, need to listen. He's going to want to get paid.

I like what I see from Doug, but he is an easily replaceable role player, the kind we always lock ourselves into a **** contracts like we have done over the years with Jefferies, Novak, Thomas and just about every other 7th/8th player.

Beasley has played surprisingly well, could we get a high draft pick for him and a player above?

The good news is we seemed to stay afloat without Hardaway for awhile, who is probably our 2nd best player. But any team won't survive a long stretch without one of the most important pieces.

This is true... the Knicks are at a cross roads.... they could try to make a trade or roster move to help them win as currently constructed...or they can trade everyone away at the deadline. Neither is wrong. Neither guarantees to be a better situation

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/4/2018  11:29 AM
I know this big man log jam is ridiculous, four slow centers on a team desperate for speed.

Session, Baker, jack KOQ, Noah, Willy, Dotson, lance = yard sale

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/4/2018  1:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Ive never really thought of it before--but James Dolan and Kim Jung un are closely resembled. Always wear black about 5-6 supreme leaders of their nation. Will getcha if you fall out of line. Kim jim Dolan! Itsok Jimmy--you probably have 8 more billion than me. But at 6-4 and still resembling Troy Aikman--Is got enuff:)

Troy at age 49:

Don't sweat it Briggs, you have enough self esteem to match them!

90sKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6452

1/4/2018  5:54 PM
Paris907 wrote:Hey I realize it’s a back to back,but the Wizards arenahootinf 59% tonight. Makes me question acquisition of Mirotic. Bradley B just drive inside at will. IT is not gonna deal w that nor will Trey Burke or the litany of most others mentioned.

Bingo! Finally someone who gets it. The knicks main problem is defense and they never will be taken seriously as a team until they improve drastically in that area. They are the worst perimeter defending team in the NBA. It has not improved this year and Phil Jackson is gone as is Melo and no longer can be scapegoats. Only Baker, Lance, and Frank defend with any consistent intensity and mental aptitude. But since they aren't flashy offensively everyone criticizes them and places praise on players like KP, Kanter, Beasley, and Lee who can be high volume scorers, but lack discipline and consistent effort on defense.

Don't just assume because someone gets a lot of blocks or steals that they are good defenders. Part of defending is 1-on-1 defense which is only about 25% of defense. The rest is anticipating plays, switches, and rotations, and good old-fashioned effort that unfortunately never more than 1-2 knicks on the court at a time possess.

San Antonio missed 13 straight shots in the fourth quarter of the game against the Knicks and yet the final result was never in doubt? Why? Because even while missing shots and being sloppy offensively, they were still defending as a team at an elite level.

What made the 90s Knicks special and winners was their defensive commitment, discipline, pride, and effort.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/4/2018  10:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2018  10:50 PM
I don't know if they will but I would trade two of Kanter, OQuinn, Willy and Noah for perimeter talent.
No one is touching Noah so that leaves OQuinn, Kanter and Willy.

KP should be playing more 5 to close games anyway

Kanter or OQuinn/Noah/Porzingis
Porzingis/Thomas/Beasley
3 brought in via trade/McDermott
Hardaway/Lee
Jack/Frank/Baker

What 3 man could we get for Kanter,Willy or OQuinn, Willy? A trade like that gives our team more balance of talent.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/5/2018  5:00 PM
THE KNICKS maybe looking into trading KOQ and lance for mirotoc come January 15th..his agent is dead serious about getting him off the bulls
ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/5/2018  6:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:THE KNICKS maybe looking into trading KOQ and lance for mirotoc come January 15th..his agent is dead serious about getting him off the bulls

Not a bad deal.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/5/2018  6:05 PM
MS wrote:At this point they absolutely need too.

This team is not a playoff team. THJR's injury is very worrisome and we can't compete without him.

Most Value
Lee
KOQ
Kanter
Dougy

I would be listening to offers on everyone above. Lee's value will never be higher, he's been fantastic all year long and playing tremendous basketball, same goes for KOQ. I like KOQ and would be interested on a 3year 18MM deal as our backup center. Kanter is an enigma, sometimes he looks downright unstoppable others he just disappears. If we can move him for the right package, need to listen. He's going to want to get paid.

I like what I see from Doug, but he is an easily replaceable role player, the kind we always lock ourselves into a **** contracts like we have done over the years with Jefferies, Novak, Thomas and just about every other 7th/8th player.

Beasley has played surprisingly well, could we get a high draft pick for him and a player above?

Should the Pelicans be lottery-bound and the DeMarcus Cousins situation actually becomes a situation, I could easily see Kanter being a solid replacement for him. I'd want no parts of Cousins though nor would I want to pony up the other assets necessary to get him. But as a 3-way trade, I could see the move working out well for us if we received a portion of the draft assets that NOP would get outright.

NardDogNation

1/5/2018  6:09 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I don't know if they will but I would trade two of Kanter, OQuinn, Willy and Noah for perimeter talent.

Porzingis/Thomas/Beasley
Hardaway/Lee
Jack/Frank/Baker

What 3 man could we get for Kanter,Willy or OQuinn, Willy? A trade like that gives our team more balance of talent.

The market favors perimeter talent over pivot men. I doubt we'd be able to get any perimeter talent that is worthwhile for any of the aforementioned. Our best bet might be to leverage them for cap flexbility and the best picks available.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/5/2018  6:55 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I don't know if they will but I would trade two of Kanter, OQuinn, Willy and Noah for perimeter talent.

Porzingis/Thomas/Beasley
Hardaway/Lee
Jack/Frank/Baker

The market favors perimeter talent over pivot men. I doubt we'd be able to get any perimeter talent that is worthwhile for any of the aforementioned. Our best bet might be to leverage them for cap flexbility and the best picks available.

While I won’t argue that the market Appears to favor guards, answer me why 4 of the top 5 mock draft picks are 4 or 5s. I can see teams structuring increasingly with bigs and stretch bigs but defense never goes out of style.

NardDogNation

1/5/2018  10:11 PM
Paris907 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Porzingis/Thomas/Beasley
Hardaway/Lee
Jack/Frank/Baker

While I won’t argue that the market Appears to favor guards, answer me why 4 of the top 5 mock draft picks are 4 or 5s. I can see teams structuring increasingly with bigs and stretch bigs but defense never goes out of style.

Talent trumps all. Still doesn't change the fact that if all things are rwlatively equal, a "good" perimeter player has more value than a "good" pivot. There is a reason, after all, why many of the best big men in the game could be had for cap space and why it only took a 10th pick in the draft to acquire a talent like DeMarcus Cousins.

wargames
Member: #6053

1/6/2018  1:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2018  1:58 AM
I think a trade is likely. Timmy is injured, KP is exhausted, and the team has youth it needs to develop

With that said the knicks need for a SF (because Frank would be given even more time at PG with Jack spelling him) leads me to two potential trade partners

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb9b9vlb

The reasons Miami does it is 2 fold. 1 its gets them from under Tyler Johnson's ballon payments. and two they play better without Winslow because he messed up their spacing. The reasons the knicks do it is two fold, 1 Tyler Johnson's money is significant, but when he comes off the knicks would have legit Max money to try and lure a superstar FA (Butler, Draymond, Kwahi, potentially Middleton) to play with KP even after they kept their core through bird rights. Also if Winslow shot was made even a bit better regularly he is an above average SF.

or

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8lok3ed

The spurs do it cause Lee is an upgrade over Green right now and they are always trying to win it. Kyle Anderson is an up and coming player (from NYC). Knicks do it because Green's contract is a year shorter and Kyle anderson is an expiring who they would have bird rights too. Both Danny and Kyle or local kids and it would be great to put both Oquinn, and Courtney on a winning team.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
NardDogNation

1/6/2018  9:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2018  9:22 AM
Should the Pelicans feel compelled to move DeMarcus, we might have a shot at a three team trade with the Cavs. The objective would be for us to get the Nets pick and possibly a pick swap with our own pick and the Pelicans'; the Pelicans to get Enes Kanter and Courtney Lee; with Cavs getting DeMarcus. Here's the breakdown of the deal to get it to work financially:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8motyzy

And best of all, we create some financial flexibility in the immediate future.

wargames
Member: #6053

1/6/2018  11:11 AM
NardDogNation wrote:Should the Pelicans feel compelled to move DeMarcus, we might have a shot at a three team trade with the Cavs. The objective would be for us to get the Nets pick and possibly a pick swap with our own pick and the Pelicans'; the Pelicans to get Enes Kanter and Courtney Lee; with Cavs getting DeMarcus. Here's the breakdown of the deal to get it to work financially:

I like that deal a lot, but when is the last time the knicks made a "long term move" like that?

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
NardDogNation

1/6/2018  6:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2018  6:43 PM
wargames wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:Should the Pelicans feel compelled to move DeMarcus, we might have a shot at a three team trade with the Cavs. The objective would be for us to get the Nets pick and possibly a pick swap with our own pick and the Pelicans'; the Pelicans to get Enes Kanter and Courtney Lee; with Cavs getting DeMarcus. Here's the breakdown of the deal to get it to work financially:

I like that deal a lot, but when is the last time the knicks made a "long term move" like that?

I'm not sure the Knicks ever made a "long term move" during the Dolan regime. The hope is that Scott Perry is cut differently than every other GM we've had under Dolan and will change the culture. I'm skeptical of that but will hope he is sober-minded in building this team. Sometimes it's necessary to take a step back to take two forward. I think the type of deal I proposed is an example of that if it satisfies all parties. However, I think Dell Demps is a lame-duck and might not have the juice to make another franchise-changing deal. To be frank, I'm shocked he wasn't let go eons ago. His tenure there is a cautionary tale for the Knicks when it comes to building too quickly with overpriced/overrated role players e.g. Ryan Anderson, Tyreke Evans, Omer Asik, etc.

That aside, what team could/would pursue Channing Frye for a draft pick? I wouldn't want to keep him around and rather than cutting someone only to let Frye walk at the end of the season. I'd prefer to dump him for a second round pick or figure out a way to use him to offload more salary.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/6/2018  6:33 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
wargames wrote:

I'm not sure the Knicks ever made a "long term move" during the Dolan regime. The hope is that Scott Perry is cut differently than every other GM we've had under Dolan and will change the culture. I'm skeptical of that but will hope he is sober-minded in building this team. Sometimes it's necessary to take a step back to take two forward. I think the type of deal I proposed is an example of that if it satisfies all parties. However, I think Dell Demps is a lame-duck and might not have the juice to make another franchise-changing deal.

Well, thankfully, we probably won't be able to offload enough salary for IT unless Kanter opts out, which is unlikely. The THJ saved us from that scenario.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NardDogNation

1/6/2018  6:41 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
wargames wrote:

I'm not sure the Knicks ever made a "long term move" during the Dolan regime. The hope is that Scott Perry is cut differently than every other GM we've had under Dolan and will change the culture. I'm skeptical of that but will hope he is sober-minded in building this team. Sometimes it's necessary to take a step back to take two forward. I think the type of deal I proposed is an example of that if it satisfies all parties. However, I think Dell Demps is a lame-duck and might not have the juice to make another franchise-changing deal.

Well, thankfully, we probably won't be able to offload enough salary for IT unless Kanter opts out, which is unlikely. The THJ saved us from that scenario.

Yeah, I edited my initial post to reflect that concern. We're a dumb enough team to throw major money at a 29 year old 5"7' PG with an injury history, which would obviously be a major mistake.

And as I said in the edited post, we should beware the job a guy like Dell Demps did in New Orleans which seems to be taking shape here in New York. Kristaps is not enough to start building an expensive team around like they did with Davis. The Pelicans ended up squandering the prime years of a generational talent instead of taking their time building through the draft. To think, they could've had Giannis Antetokounmpo if they simply kept their picks. Imagine how devastating a Davis-Giannis combo could've been instead of the flaming pile of dog**** they've had the past several seasons!

NardDogNation

1/6/2018  7:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2018  7:18 PM

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yagyfl35

Same concept as before but expanded to include the Pacers, so that we avoid having to cut someone and save an additional $3 million in the process. That deal would place us further below the cap and potentially give us more flexibility to make moves that get us additional draft picks.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/6/2018  7:25 PM
I think Mo Harkless is a good buy low target for us. Would give us a long, legit defensive SF and is only 24 I believe. Have been hoping maybe we co7ld swing a Lee/KOQ deal for say Harkless And Vonley (young PF)

This would free up time for likes of Dotson/Baker and Willy H.

NardDogNation

1/6/2018  7:32 PM
LivingLegend wrote:I think Mo Harkless is a good buy low target for us. Would give us a long, legit defensive SF and is only 24 I believe. Have been hoping maybe we co7ld swing a Lee/KOQ deal for say Harkless And Vonley (young PF)

This would free up time for likes of Dotson/Baker and Willy H.

Why would the Blazers do it? They need 3-men more than any other position and would be giving away their only viable one to accomodate us and an undersized 33-year old 2-guard.

Do You think the knicks will make any roster moves by the trade dead line?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy