[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This is weird to say but Mike Beasley is the best player on the team right now
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/2/2018  11:51 PM
Yeah--same guy who many people did not want--than wanted off the team after 5 games. Hes the most dependable player.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/3/2018  5:24 AM
He's very important to what we are doing now. His good play is outweighing the bad. The Knicks can't forget about him when Hardaway is back.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/3/2018  8:38 AM
I know Kp shot's selection is mad suspect, I expected Beasley to shoot the shots kp are now taking.
ES
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/3/2018  9:02 AM
Beasley is giving us what JR Smith did during his 6th man season and it's a huge boost. With defenses planning for Porzingis, it's nice to have another guy who can get points in a hurry. Things will change slightly when Hardaway comes back, but Beasley is proving to be a keeper. The guy who concerns me is McDermott. He has been invisible and doesn't score or defend. In order to have an impact he needs to be making threes at a higher volume which he isn't doing.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2018  9:58 AM
suddenly I feel a bit dumber for reading this
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/3/2018  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  1:05 PM

Sure, At times it seems as though the offense should run through him in the low post. He has been tough going to basket. Don't understand why opposing teams don't give him the jumper, as it is his weakness. If the guy could just learn how to set up his team mates, he would be a high level player. However, his problem has always been consistency. That is why so many teams have given up on him.
Best player? Nah
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/3/2018  11:14 AM
its not a bit weird to read nonsense from you though
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
1/3/2018  11:16 AM
Kind of sad statement... but it is true one.
Same as Biz the team is not ready for NBA prime time for sure.
It is about 2-3 seasons until it will be ready... but Biz will never be ready.
I think we are progressing normally and even a bit accelerated comparing to my expectations.
The win total can be 33 not 30 and we can have 3 starters in KP, Frank, and Angry Grandpa set.
This a progress. But a lot of work to do.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/3/2018  11:24 AM
He fills a need. The need he fills just so happens to be the most glaring one since the other players cover most of the other roles. So he then becomes elevated due to demand.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
USA
1/3/2018  11:32 AM
martin wrote:suddenly I feel a bit dumber for reading this

Briggs just makes threads based on what a player does that specific game and proclaims some extreme rationale about them. I have gotten used to it over the years.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2018  11:41 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Briggs just makes threads based on what a player does that specific game and proclaims some extreme rationale about them. I have gotten used to it over the years.

Ginobli's shot was not counted because Beas was not paying attention and just took the ball as if he rebounded it.
Funny as hell moment.
Watch him get lost on defense from time to time is also a hoot.
He is our best one on one player as the offense is stagnating. Frank was under the weather last nite which is why his minutes was reduced and was not effective.
Might has well put that out there before anyone indicts his career over his play.
Beas makes tough shots look easy.
Clyde told us the game was ugly last night. It happens. Spurs are a damn good team. We are average.
That's an improvement from last season.
"best player"? Last nite they all looked pretty bad to me. For the money, Bea's is Melo "Lite". That's not a bad thing.

BRIGGS
1/3/2018  12:41 PM

lol I always like to learn--tell me who has been better than Mike Beasley on the Knicks in the last ten games? Remember hes your favorite players favorite player!

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/3/2018  12:42 PM
Knixkik wrote:

No its the truth--no one has been better than Beasley over the last ten games. Its stupid to argue--hes been the best--give him credit.

RIP Crushalot😞
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/3/2018  12:53 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

No its the truth--no one has been better than Beasley over the last ten games. Its stupid to argue--hes been the best--give him credit.

I thought Kanter was just the trade steal of the last decade, now it's suddenly Iso-NoD-Beas?

Next up for a thread of his own -- MVP candidate Noah...

Knixkik
USA
1/3/2018  1:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  1:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

He's been really good, but let's remember that the entire defense is centered on containing Porzingis, and Beasley can go out there and play freely without much pressure. He is doing is job well and has been providing exactly what we need. But the circumstances have allowed it in his current role. As long as he is limited to this role, he should continue to excel.

BRIGGS
1/3/2018  1:16 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

He's been really good, but let's remember that the entire defense is centered on containing Porzingis, and Beasley can go out there and play freely without much pressure. He is doing is job well and has been providing exactly what we need. But the circumstances have allowed it in his current role. As long as he is limited to this role, he should continue to excel.

You can sugarcoat it--but Beasley's been the best player. KP? No 1 game otherwise hes been blah. Kanter secondary player anyone else? No

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/3/2018  1:23 PM
Beasley has really cut down on the brain farts. Doesn't act phased when things are starting to get out of reach. Which helps Beasley's teammates keep their head in the game.

I really hope we make the playoffs. This bench might have its ups and downs. It also has its share of experienced vets, playoff experience, more healthy than broken down. Noah stays healthy, we could surprise a few teams.

BRIGGS
1/3/2018  1:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Beasley has really cut down on the brain farts. Doesn't act phased when things are starting to get out of reach. Which helps Beasley's teammates keep their head in the game.

I really hope we make the playoffs. This bench might have its ups and downs. It also has its share of experienced vets, playoff experience, more healthy than broken down. Noah stays healthy, we could surprise a few teams.

Id probably start Noah if I wanted to make the playoffs. Hell help KP--the others are good players--but they wont have the synergy with KP. And he needs it

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/3/2018  1:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  1:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Beasley has really cut down on the brain farts. Doesn't act phased when things are starting to get out of reach. Which helps Beasley's teammates keep their head in the game.

Id probably start Noah if I wanted to make the playoffs. Hell help KP--the others are good players--but they wont have the synergy with KP. And he needs it

It would really be pushing our luck to try to ride Noah to the playoffs. Gradually increase his minutes for the rest of the season. If the Knicks make the playoffs, turn him loose.

Would rather have Noah relatively healthy, and available for heavy minutes in the playoffs vs. regular season games. Believe we can make it without Noah starting, with better PG play.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/3/2018  2:14 PM
We certainly treat Beasley like he's a valuable star on the team
I don't like his ISO heavy game at all.
He holds the ball, he can't shoot and teams know he will drive

We should be trying to remove ourselves from being the type of team Beasley makes us look like but in reality seems we like it.

This is weird to say but Mike Beasley is the best player on the team right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy