[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Saying it right now--if hes healthy--go out and get I Thomas
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

1/3/2018  10:59 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Nah. You win in the nba w stars. I thomas proven star who brought boston to ECf

Even watching him last night-- first thing that comes to mind-- nba star. Knicks fans would adore him. We already have the size. Also anyone saying he's small hasn't watched him play much. Maybe the toughest mf in the whole league. Star star star. If healthy good money spent

Kp will be much improved as secondary option-- he's not a # 1. With hard away kp and thomas w role players-- that's more of a team that can compete

How are we gonna be able to afford signing him is what i'm wondering? We won't have the kind of money he wants until the 2020 offseason when J.Noah and C.Lee come off the books. So i'd love to hear the plan for getting the money to sign him this next offseason??

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/3/2018  11:03 AM
I wouldn't rule it out. Knicks just shouldn't commit to dumping assets in order to aquire him though. It has to be organic.

Kanter would have to opt out though or we would have to trade him in a salary dump. We also would have to renounce Dougie and KOQ if he isn't traded.

Matters how things play out. If we land a lotto pick and are in position to sign Thomas to a deal that makes sense. Should be an option. Given our situation Thomas on a 4 yr deal won't kill us. The beauty of having a guard like Frank is he can play with a Thomas and compliment him very well and then take over when he is ready.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/3/2018  11:19 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Nah. You win in the nba w stars. I thomas proven star who brought boston to ECf

Even watching him last night-- first thing that comes to mind-- nba star. Knicks fans would adore him. We already have the size. Also anyone saying he's small hasn't watched him play much. Maybe the toughest mf in the whole league. Star star star. If healthy good money spent

Kp will be much improved as secondary option-- he's not a # 1. With hard away kp and thomas w role players-- that's more of a team that can compete

You have to identify your stars properly. IT is a good player not a star there are a lot of holes inhis game number one being height the other being defense.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2018  11:27 AM
smallest player in the league with a physical game and physical issues. He's got great heart and makes shots. He's also a crazy high usage player. Boston knew they got the best of him and traded (kinda) high.

Knicks are only FA players if Kanter opts out. If that happens the question is simple... is that money best spent on Isiah Thomas? He makes no sense on this roster at 29 years old. If I am spending big money I want a great defensive player. I dont see anything in this FA market that makes sense.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2018  11:48 AM

C'mon man, don't just plug and play. Where does the money come from? Who goes? Who stays?
Chemistry? IT last year was surrounded by tough defenders. Now he has Crowder and Lebron around him.
How does he do with the knicks in that area?

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/3/2018  12:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  12:01 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Boston traded all their starters except for Hortford.... spare me the bull**** about they didn't want to pay Thomas.... Boston wanted to retool. They did it in a big way.

Cleveland is going to be sellers this off season. LeBron is gone. They probably trade Love for youth and let Thomas walk. They well be in full blown rebuild mode.

The Knicks are not trading half their team away like Boston and Cleveland.... the Knicks will be buyers!!! We will be trying to stack the team up to make a run. I'm sick of you mother****ers man. The Knicks are a borderline playoff tram now that plays hard every night. We get Isiah Thomas and maybe make a move for another role player, the Knicks could be in the finals fam!!! Wtf! So thirsty for a high draft pick and don't even see what we have. A healthy Thomas and another player putts us in the finals bruh!

KP, miles bridges, Kanter, Isiah Thomas and THJr could go to the finals you **** you!

You are entitled to your opinion regardless of its sophomoric stench. Next you’ll convince yourself that IT and Hardaway play hard defense and will win a championship with Kanter who if you recall required sitting on the bench in the playoffs. Ask Aldridge how much fun it was playing against Kanter or ask Boogie. Please. We try and respect you as a devout Knick fan and then you insist on opening your mouth and convince us all otherwise. If you think you think that’s a team heading to the finals then I’ve some swampland to sell you near the Everglades.

oh come on Paris. you know just because someone says it louder, it makes it truer

You guys have volume on your keyboard?

Who says Isaiah signs a huge deal?... maybe he signs a 3 year. Guy is going to score. We have Frenchy still... THJr showed what he can do. The problem is you guys read mother****er and get uptight.

Without the loud curse word.... you mean to tell me adding Isaiah Thomas and another player to this team doesn't give us a chance at the NBA finals? You are miserable if you think otherwise. I don't get you guys.

you're loud af bro... quit trying to bait me with your weak sauce, little boy

no one denies IT's talent... his size got exposed las tyear against Cleveland and he is a giant injury risk. that's the apprehension.

go scream your nonsense from a mountaintop, maybe it will make it truer

So you coming at me like Megatron because Isaiah Thomas is short and has an injury?

He's still an all star. You might not like the risk but Gordon Hayward broke his healthy foot right off in a freak injury. Adding an all-star like Isaiah is hardly a bad thing. I'm sure if Chris Paul wanted to be here you'd jump on it. That dude been hurt for 10 years.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/3/2018  12:42 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

How are we gonna be able to afford signing him is what i'm wondering? We won't have the kind of money he wants until the 2020 offseason when J.Noah and C.Lee come off the books. So i'd love to hear the plan for getting the money to sign him this next offseason??

We can get the money--were not far away.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2018  12:50 PM
Isiah was a late bloomer. Not perennial all star.
I like the little dude. But two years at that level when his game is so dependent on incredible athletic ability to
compensate for his size.
Nate Robinson window shut real fast once he got to about 30 and injuries started.
Gordon Haywood is young, has size and incrementally been improving every year. IT had a bad contract for a reason. He had yet to prove himself.
He has, and its very unfortunate he got hurt. Its a shytty business!!!
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

1/3/2018  12:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Hes a star player--we dont have that. We have parts. NBA star with basketball in hands makes everyone including tam better. Draft this guy sign this guy--if yu dont get a top 5 pick you are not getting a star. Signing these secondary players for 17mm per--same gist.

I Thomas=star pg who has a great deal of guts. We have other parts--we need the engine.

This would be the ultimate type (former Knick president) I Thomas move -- no thank you...no thank you.

BRIGGS
1/3/2018  1:05 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Hes a star player--we dont have that. We have parts. NBA star with basketball in hands makes everyone including tam better. Draft this guy sign this guy--if yu dont get a top 5 pick you are not getting a star. Signing these secondary players for 17mm per--same gist.

I Thomas=star pg who has a great deal of guts. We have other parts--we need the engine.

This would be the ultimate type (former Knick president) I Thomas move -- no thank you...no thank you.

We never got an Isiah Thomas on the KNicks? Carmelo is not as good as Isiah. Im sorry I watched the Cs a lot---Isiah is not what youn guys think. They guy is a star--theres a reason why they has the best record and went ot the ECF.

Who the heck do you want--George Hill type or a star? This team NEEDS a leader BADLY.

RIP Crushalot😞
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/3/2018  1:07 PM
Okay I'll bite. Great suggestion. Who would Cavs want? And why would they trade him? Please dont say KP.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BRIGGS
1/3/2018  1:27 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Okay I'll bite. Great suggestion. Who would Cavs want? And why would they trade him? Please dont say KP.

Free agency

RIP Crushalot😞
Finestrg
Member: #1069

1/3/2018  3:15 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Okay I'll bite. Great suggestion. Who would Cavs want? And why would they trade him? Please dont say KP.

Free agency

OK (and I don't know if I would give this dude $17mm per with the reasons everyone's saying but I agree it's a decision for summertime in FA when we reassess), but what about the here and now? We're a .500 team right now (maybe for not too much longer with the tough schedule coming up--I get that) minus arguably our 2nd best player in THJ which you figure we'll get back soon. 3 options right now: (1) concede the year and do nothing (really? Yet another year of this BS??), (2) go all in on some big trade for a guy like Tyreke Evans (nah...does he really move the needle? And he's playing great this year, you know he won't come cheap) or (3) see if we can uncover a Jeremy Lin-type on the cheap somewhere and see where that goes (along with reinforcing at another position or two--backup 4/5 and another wing?). I'd like to see us goes with door #3 for now. I don't think I wanna piss away the year. Not yet.. Let's see if a few minor enhancements on the cheap could help us. I think they could.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/3/2018  3:20 PM
EnySpree wrote:

So you coming at me like Megatron because Isaiah Thomas is short and has an injury?

He's still an all star. You might not like the risk but Gordon Hayward broke his healthy foot right off in a freak injury. Adding an all-star like Isaiah is hardly a bad thing. I'm sure if Chris Paul wanted to be here you'd jump on it. That dude been hurt for 10 years.

LMFAO

BRIGGS
1/3/2018  3:54 PM
Finestrg wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Free agency

OK (and I don't know if I would give this dude $17mm per with the reasons everyone's saying but I agree it's a decision for summertime in FA when we reassess), but what about the here and now? We're a .500 team right now (maybe for not too much longer with the tough schedule coming up--I get that) minus arguably our 2nd best player in THJ which you figure we'll get back soon. 3 options right now: (1) concede the year and do nothing (really? Yet another year of this BS??), (2) go all in on some big trade for a guy like Tyreke Evans (nah...does he really move the needle? And he's playing great this year, you know he won't come cheap) or (3) see if we can uncover a Jeremy Lin-type on the cheap somewhere and see where that goes (along with reinforcing at another position or two--backup 4/5 and another wing?). I'd like to see us goes with door #3 for now. I don't think I wanna piss away the year. Not yet.. Let's see if a few minor enhancements on the cheap could help us. I think they could.

Fine if it was up to me Id tank. We need more talent--this is nOT a bad team. You ad a healthy Isiah Thomas and a top 8 pick--get Hardaway back. Have more defined roles for kP--well be much much better.

Isiah is one of the players in the league that accounts for W's by his play--not many guys like that. He can change this team. We have the complimentary players with Frank Lee Tim--maybe a draft pick. We can be much better quick. Look at last night fine--and many games--we have no offenseive guy who ignities this--we dont have that player like a Harden a Paul a Curry--Isiah is one of those dudes.

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/3/2018  4:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  4:22 PM
Vmart wrote:

You have to identify your stars properly. IT is a good player not a star there are a lot of holes inhis game number one being height the other being defense.

Yes. And then you have to spend your cap space wisely. Championship teams have stars...on bargain contracts. You have to get more effective and efficient use of your 100 mil cap space than all other 29 teams to win a championship.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

1/3/2018  4:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  4:39 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Free agency

Fine if it was up to me Id tank. We need more talent--this is nOT a bad team. You ad a healthy Isiah Thomas and a top 8 pick--get Hardaway back. Have more defined roles for kP--well be much much better.

Isiah is one of the players in the league that accounts for W's by his play--not many guys like that. He can change this team. We have the complimentary players with Frank Lee Tim--maybe a draft pick. We can be much better quick. Look at last night fine--and many games--we have no offenseive guy who ignities this--we dont have that player like a Harden a Paul a Curry--Isiah is one of those dudes.

I here ya -- we might have to resort to this again (and what though--prob. fall one draft slot short of a difference maker because we have to win the last game or last 2 out of 3 and get Jordan Hill instead of Steph Curry all over again? I mean we suck balls at doing this -- if we're gonna tank then BY GOD, TANK and do it right!!! lol). But I'm not there yet -- maybe we have a certain length of time in mind--after this horrible stretch of road games, the all-star break, after Timmy's back for 5-10 games or so??, I dunno, but yeah, might have to go this route again unfortunately. And I feel you on IT -- good player than prob. does move the needle -- and another thing to keep in mind here: the FA PG situation the next couple of summers doesn't look great at all after I. Thomas:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/point-guard/ -- Paul and Parker are Bird players who aren't going anywhere + they're older anyway. At least IT's still in his 20s.
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2019/point-guard/ -- I like Cory Joseph, Dinwiddie and Joe Young, all UFAs I'd be interested in but they may not be the difference makers we're talking about. All good complementary players.

BUT...I still feel trying to find lightning in a bottle a-la Jeremy Lin in the meantime wouldn't be a bad thing. Worst case with this -- we uncover a decent PG that offers something different next to Frank, along with maybe a young enhancement or two at a couple of other positions. Couldn't hurt. Might really help actually. All I'm saying..

BRIGGS
1/3/2018  6:15 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Yes. And then you have to spend your cap space wisely. Championship teams have stars...on bargain contracts. You have to get more effective and efficient use of your 100 mil cap space than all other 29 teams to win a championship.

which team has a star on a bargain contact? free agency is what it is a contest to obtain services--you pay more.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/3/2018  6:17 PM
Finestrg wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Free agency

I here ya -- we might have to resort to this again (and what though--prob. fall one draft slot short of a difference maker because we have to win the last game or last 2 out of 3 and get Jordan Hill instead of Steph Curry all over again? I mean we suck balls at doing this -- if we're gonna tank then BY GOD, TANK and do it right!!! lol). But I'm not there yet -- maybe we have a certain length of time in mind--after this horrible stretch of road games, the all-star break, after Timmy's back for 5-10 games or so??, I dunno, but yeah, might have to go this route again unfortunately. And I feel you on IT -- good player than prob. does move the needle -- and another thing to keep in mind here: the FA PG situation the next couple of summers doesn't look great at all after I. Thomas:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/point-guard/ -- Paul and Parker are Bird players who aren't going anywhere + they're older anyway. At least IT's still in his 20s.
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2019/point-guard/ -- I like Cory Joseph, Dinwiddie and Joe Young, all UFAs I'd be interested in but they may not be the difference makers we're talking about. All good complementary players.

BUT...I still feel trying to find lightning in a bottle a-la Jeremy Lin in the meantime wouldn't be a bad thing. Worst case with this -- we uncover a decent PG that offers something different next to Frank, along with maybe a young enhancement or two at a couple of other positions. Couldn't hurt. Might really help actually. All I'm saying..

All good players--I just think we need an engine. I love Isiiah. Trying to define IT is hard---evaluating him as a 5-8 guard who is a suspect defender is just flat wrong. The NBA is different--and hes an animal in this game.

RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

1/3/2018  6:47 PM
Bad hips sink ships.
Saying it right now--if hes healthy--go out and get I Thomas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy