[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Saying it right now--if hes healthy--go out and get I Thomas
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/2/2018  11:44 PM
Hes a star player--we dont have that. We have parts. NBA star with basketball in hands makes everyone including tam better. Draft this guy sign this guy--if yu dont get a top 5 pick you are not getting a star. Signing these secondary players for 17mm per--same gist.

I Thomas=star pg who has a great deal of guts. We have other parts--we need the engine.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

1/3/2018  5:49 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Hes a star player--we dont have that. We have parts. NBA star with basketball in hands makes everyone including tam better. Draft this guy sign this guy--if yu dont get a top 5 pick you are not getting a star. Signing these secondary players for 17mm per--same gist.

I Thomas=star pg who has a great deal of guts. We have other parts--we need the engine.

For how many years, Gambling wrong on Thomas could destroy four years of the Porzingis era.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/3/2018  7:41 AM
Briggs: I appreciate your suggestion. Boston didn’t want to pay him and Cleveland won’t either. The reason is simple. Yes, he has guts and will probably come back 95%. Then why won’t those teams pay him? Simple. Those teams are seeking a championship. They know that as they go further and further in the playoffs, he won’t be able to defend and teams will exploit him. Meanwhile the Marcus Smarts, Klados Thompsons, CHRIS Pauls, etc will contain him
In the 4th quarter when it matters. Remember what his asking price was. Pie in the sky.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/3/2018  8:11 AM
Boston traded all their starters except for Hortford.... spare me the bull**** about they didn't want to pay Thomas.... Boston wanted to retool. They did it in a big way.

Cleveland is going to be sellers this off season. LeBron is gone. They probably trade Love for youth and let Thomas walk. They well be in full blown rebuild mode.

The Knicks are not trading half their team away like Boston and Cleveland.... the Knicks will be buyers!!! We will be trying to stack the team up to make a run. I'm sick of you mother****ers man. The Knicks are a borderline playoff tram now that plays hard every night. We get Isiah Thomas and maybe make a move for another role player, the Knicks could be in the finals fam!!! Wtf! So thirsty for a high draft pick and don't even see what we have. A healthy Thomas and another player putts us in the finals bruh!

KP, miles bridges, Kanter, Isiah Thomas and THJr could go to the finals you **** you!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

1/3/2018  8:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  9:44 AM
I'm not quite there with I. Thomas as a player, but I understand what you're saying.. Yes, we definitely do need the engine. My thing is this though: the off-season is the off-season (draft, free agency) -- why not go out and try to improve the situation NOW in the meantime? Why not go take a minimum-risk flier on a player that could possibly galvanize us right now?? Why not try to get a guy that can complement what we're building with Frank; a player that offers elements to the attack that we simply don't have now (speed--open court and half court, breakdown ability (for anyone who watched the post game show--you heard Wally talking about this very thing, how breaking down guys off the dribble consistently can lead to easy offense -- we simply don't have that), legit offensive capability--ability to go manufacture some instant offense (tell me we couldn't have used that last night--I mean we had nothing out there last night--NOTHING!!), all elements at the point Jeff was accustomed to having before he came here?? I mean what if we found another Jeremy Lin with Cat Barber or Trey Burke? Where's Bryce Cotton these days (playing for the Perth Wildcats in Australia--I just looked him up )? Nice player that performed well for Utah when he got a crack at the show a couple of years ago. Go get me this kid -- he has what I'm talking about. Speaking of Australia--look at Patty Mills last night. What's the real difference between Mills and Bryce Cotton? Not much if you ask me. We could have our own Patty Mills with this guy, Cotton could wind up being even better.. These guys are out there man. No skin off our back not to try something like this. I mean what was Lin, some once in a lifetime opportunity? Come on man, no he wasn't. Good player that finally got a crack and he ran with it. There's plenty of guys like that out there, at all different positions, not just point guard.. I mean I think Cat Barber has more talent than Jeremy Lin to be perfectly honest..

Another quick thing with Jack if you watch carefully -- he's not some great passer by a long shot, so enough about how he's some great facilitator out there, ok? Dude shows nothing but tunnel vision with whatever he decides he's going to do (i.e. get the ball to KP in the post or look for his own shot). I mean I'm watching Doug running around off screen after screen in all these games and he simply doesn't get the ball because Jack's not reading his movements. Not even looking at him at all. I mean WTF? Doug's a weapon we should be looking to get the ball to more out there.. And that's not even mentioning how Jack offers virtually zero penetration out there at all -- when do you ever see Jack getting all the way to the cup for a dump off to KP, Kanter or KOQ for two? Never. Those guys have to work their asses off to get all their own offense.. I mean ****, Cat Barber can do that + a whole lot more, no??

FrenchFreak
Member: #7568

1/3/2018  8:51 AM
It would be such a Knicks thing to do to sign IT to a long, huge contract. He's approaching 30 with injury concerns and he's already a subpar defensive player. He's a very high usage guy on offense when I think what we really need is more of a pure distributor who can shoot the 3 better than IT does. Signing IT would be akin to tearing up the current plan and throwing it in the garbage.

I'd rather stick with Frank at the 1 and keep a Jack and/or Sessions type around to help him develop. The name of the game today is depth and getting good value out of guys making little to no money. Signing IT is the exact opposite of that.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/3/2018  8:57 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Hes a star player--we dont have that. We have parts. NBA star with basketball in hands makes everyone including tam better. Draft this guy sign this guy--if yu dont get a top 5 pick you are not getting a star. Signing these secondary players for 17mm per--same gist.

You are attempting to knock Porzingis in every thread by saying we don't have a star player. Thomas plays 1 side of the ball. Porzingis is a significantly better all-around player. We don't need an injury prone, aging, declining, undersized, 1 dimensional player on an expiring contract that will demand a 100+ mil dollar contract. Haven't you learned anything throughout the 2000s?

Finestrg

1/3/2018  9:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  10:29 AM
FrenchFreak wrote:It would be such a Knicks thing to do to sign IT to a long, huge contract. He's approaching 30 with injury concerns and he's already a subpar defensive player. He's a very high usage guy on offense when I think what we really need is more of a pure distributor who can shoot the 3 better than IT does. Signing IT would be akin to tearing up the current plan and throwing it in the garbage.

I'd rather stick with Frank at the 1 and keep a Jack and/or Sessions type around to help him develop. The name of the game today is depth and getting good value out of guys making little to no money. Signing IT is the exact opposite of that.

Agreed, but not to play. To help Frank, be a mentor and 3rd PG. Elevate Frank to starter, go get me a speedy game-changer type of PG to go with him, cut Sessions and keep Jack around to nursemaid Frank. That should be the immediate plan.

How 'bout this plan for the rest of the year:

• Elevate Frank to starting PG and go get either Cat Barber/Bryce Cotton to split the PG duty with Frank. Cut Sessions.

• Call up Orlando and try to work out a minor trade to get both Khem Birch (I think he'd be an upgrade over KOQ - just as good a rebounder, he'd give us more in the post and an even better shot-blocker) and the rights to 6'7" Jannis Timma, then bring Timma over here (tough, athletic, talented 25-year-old wing that KP's played with in Latvia. Looks like a much better player than Kuzminskas, 3 years younger and he's more versatile).

A couple of minor tweaks like this (the exact improvements/enhancements I think we could use right now) could galvanize us into the playoffs this year, not to mention give us 3 more talented young players to continue building with beyond this year. I think these moves possibly (I think more like probably) help us this year plus help accelerate the rebuild. Win win.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2018  9:11 AM
“If healthy”......
Big stretch there.
Wow dude was a top player the last two years! Another keen discovery? You fancy yourself the “Indiana Jones of the UK”?
Remember Dice? If healthy he was top 10 player. Amare, same. Player now 30 and wants big money, is a midget in a league and you say nothing of cost either by trade or cap space commitment.
Very nice player. What about the details? Where does this fit in with all the other recommendations you have made?
Paris907
USA
1/3/2018  9:15 AM
EnySpree wrote:Boston traded all their starters except for Hortford.... spare me the bull**** about they didn't want to pay Thomas.... Boston wanted to retool. They did it in a big way.

Cleveland is going to be sellers this off season. LeBron is gone. They probably trade Love for youth and let Thomas walk. They well be in full blown rebuild mode.

The Knicks are not trading half their team away like Boston and Cleveland.... the Knicks will be buyers!!! We will be trying to stack the team up to make a run. I'm sick of you mother****ers man. The Knicks are a borderline playoff tram now that plays hard every night. We get Isiah Thomas and maybe make a move for another role player, the Knicks could be in the finals fam!!! Wtf! So thirsty for a high draft pick and don't even see what we have. A healthy Thomas and another player putts us in the finals bruh!

KP, miles bridges, Kanter, Isiah Thomas and THJr could go to the finals you **** you!

You are entitled to your opinion regardless of its sophomoric stench. Next you’ll convince yourself that IT and Hardaway play hard defense and will win a championship with Kanter who if you recall required sitting on the bench in the playoffs. Ask Aldridge how much fun it was playing against Kanter or ask Boogie. Please. We try and respect you as a devout Knick fan and then you insist on opening your mouth and convince us all otherwise. If you think you think that’s a team heading to the finals then I’ve some swampland to sell you near the Everglades.

Finestrg

1/3/2018  9:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  9:19 AM
How about cutting Sessions and getting this guy to go along with Frank for the rest of the year? Dude's got game and he's still only 25:

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/3/2018  9:47 AM
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Boston traded all their starters except for Hortford.... spare me the bull**** about they didn't want to pay Thomas.... Boston wanted to retool. They did it in a big way.

You are entitled to your opinion regardless of its sophomoric stench. Next you’ll convince yourself that IT and Hardaway play hard defense and will win a championship with Kanter who if you recall required sitting on the bench in the playoffs. Ask Aldridge how much fun it was playing against Kanter or ask Boogie. Please. We try and respect you as a devout Knick fan and then you insist on opening your mouth and convince us all otherwise. If you think you think that’s a team heading to the finals then I’ve some swampland to sell you near the Everglades.

oh come on Paris. you know just because someone says it louder, it makes it truer

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Gudris
Member: #6213

1/3/2018  9:58 AM
Relax, if we go to playoffs and KP plays like all-star, a lot of free agents would want to come to NYC, to play with KP
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/3/2018  9:58 AM
No, this would be another mistake. IT is a small player and it always costs the team in the end. You won’t win a chip with him unless you have LeBron or on the GS Warriors. The Knicks getting IT would be stupidity at its finest. Learn from the past stick with the rebuild and see it through. What the Knicks are missing is maturity and coaching.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/3/2018  10:10 AM
Nah. You win in the nba w stars. I thomas proven star who brought boston to ECf

Even watching him last night-- first thing that comes to mind-- nba star. Knicks fans would adore him. We already have the size. Also anyone saying he's small hasn't watched him play much. Maybe the toughest mf in the whole league. Star star star. If healthy good money spent

Kp will be much improved as secondary option-- he's not a # 1. With hard away kp and thomas w role players-- that's more of a team that can compete

RIP Crushalot😞
Paris907
USA
1/3/2018  10:21 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

oh come on Paris. you know just because someone says it louder, it makes it truer

Hey SC, guess you’re right on that one. I understand it though. I became a fan in 67, I was 13. So I too share the frustration. What i know however is that the game has changed and the way to winning a championship has changed. Perry gets it and I think Steve does too. If you just wanna make the playoffs then a tweak here or there will get you there. If you want to win the East, you have to consider BOSTON and Sixers and they are considerably ahead so far. But you need to be very smart and
Secure another two picks that are top 10 and then a free agent once Noah and Lee and Thomas Off the books. Embiid is a problem and Boston wants Davis. Ask Baker what that feels like.

SupremeCommander

1/3/2018  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  10:52 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Nah. You win in the nba w stars. I thomas proven star who brought boston to ECf

Even watching him last night-- first thing that comes to mind-- nba star. Knicks fans would adore him. We already have the size. Also anyone saying he's small hasn't watched him play much. Maybe the toughest mf in the whole league. Star star star. If healthy good money spent

Kp will be much improved as secondary option-- he's not a # 1. With hard away kp and thomas w role players-- that's more of a team that can compete

I wanted Amar'e when we signed him and thought he was money well spent... ended up being wrong on that one, even accounting for his great first year. IT is small and plays with reckless abandon. I don't doubt IT's value in the first year of his new deal, I doubt the value at the end of the contract

and to add, I don't think you can have this both ways dude. to say "Saying it right now--if hes healthy--go out and get I Thomas" is like having your cake and eating it too. If people weren't scared of size, style, and his injury (a lot of people view these as related) he would not be available. Would you sign him to a long term deal RIGHT NOW?

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/3/2018  10:43 AM
FrenchFreak wrote:It would be such a Knicks thing to do to sign IT to a long, huge contract. He's approaching 30 with injury concerns and he's already a subpar defensive player. He's a very high usage guy on offense when I think what we really need is more of a pure distributor who can shoot the 3 better than IT does. Signing IT would be akin to tearing up the current plan and throwing it in the garbage.

+1, this smells like same shyte all over again. Just say NO to the next starphuck. That's what you do when you're a piece away. We need a couple more years to develop. NYers are so effing impatient!!!

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/3/2018  10:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  10:46 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

You guys have volume on your keyboard?

Who says Isaiah signs a huge deal?... maybe he signs a 3 year. Guy is going to score. We have Frenchy still... THJr showed what he can do. The problem is you guys read mother****er and get uptight.

Without the loud curse word.... you mean to tell me adding Isaiah Thomas and another player to this team doesn't give us a chance at the NBA finals? You are miserable if you think otherwise. I don't get you guys.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
SupremeCommander

1/3/2018  10:58 AM
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Paris907 wrote:

You guys have volume on your keyboard?

Who says Isaiah signs a huge deal?... maybe he signs a 3 year. Guy is going to score. We have Frenchy still... THJr showed what he can do. The problem is you guys read mother****er and get uptight.

Without the loud curse word.... you mean to tell me adding Isaiah Thomas and another player to this team doesn't give us a chance at the NBA finals? You are miserable if you think otherwise. I don't get you guys.

you're loud af bro... quit trying to bait me with your weak sauce, little boy

no one denies IT's talent... his size got exposed las tyear against Cleveland and he is a giant injury risk. that's the apprehension.

go scream your nonsense from a mountaintop, maybe it will make it truer

Saying it right now--if hes healthy--go out and get I Thomas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy