Member: #4451

1/2/2018  2:18 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Willy doesn't show toughness. You can't develop that either you got it or you don't. KP is not succeeding at the level he is by simply being 7'3 and athletic. He's tough as nails as a competitor. Willy doesn't have that. If had the moxy that KOQ, noah and Kanter show he would be a hands down all star. Outs not asking him developi g and playing minutes. Guy had the same opportunity KP has had. Willy has more Fiba experience. Willy has been a pro a long time. At 23, he's a man... no excuse for the kid to fall like this. Noah had no problem being Willy friend off the court. When Noah finally got his shot he took it. Willy has had multiple shots this year and flunked.

Willy was a finesse player last year and still is. He is not Kanter. Seems Enes also has been improving year to year.
Not sure what Noah, a former DPOY and 10 year vet has to do with being friends with being "Willy friend" but he has a big contract and obligation to himself as well.
Im not sure what the deal is with Willy but there is a skill set there. He might not have the makeup to sustain an NBA career and thus he falls back into his predraft trajectory. If he got big minutes would he be contributing? Yeah, but we only know he can do that on a losing team.
Enes and him are not the same player. Willy is more skilled offensively. Personally I see willy as a backup 4.
If Perry is true to his word he is still in our long term plans. Enes was never part of the plan and my take was KOQ was to start with Willy as back up. Noah himself has not been able to get off the bench as well!!! Against NOLA we were in a must win situation and with KOQ getting his 5th foul and the tandem of Cousins and Davis it was Noah's experience and defense that was called for.
How many teams would keep a 17mm glued to the bench? We did.
I understand Willy and his shortcomings but that does not mean he is done.

Point I'm making about friends is Noah and Willy have gotten close. You can see them together on social media. On the court it doesn't matter. Noah played one game and he's now ahead of Willy. No way Willy should ever play ahead of him. Willy is a finnese player, but he's still a man. He's got to take the spot he wants. He thinks he should automatically have it. Nah man. Even Kanter improved I defense and emerged as a leader. Willy and his potential isn't winning us anything. Franky is 19 and is playing over Sessions.... He's even getting minutes in crunch time often. What's Willy doing? He complained to the media twice about minutes.... I see a guy that needs to go

You seem to know a lot about what's inside of him.
I don't know if he has an entitlement issue or he is cut out for the NBA.
I don't know if he "needs to go" and we give up on him.
We can piece all kind of opinions together and speculate. Go to a game and watch him on the bench and he is having a good time.
But we did see NBA talent last year and he got some time to play with team Spain over the summer. Not sure if he improved as he should have in the off season.
My take is he has the rest of this and next to prove himself and earn a good contract.
KP knows what it takes to put the work in. If WIlly don't do it then its not good for KP's career no matter how good buddies they are off the court!!

I'm just not into waiting on grown men to develop toughness. That's what we are waiting for. He's having g a great time because he likes his teammates.... we're playing basketball though. When he's on the court he's not bringing it like everyone else, especially his teammates. I don't need to be a psychiatrist for that.... Willy doesn't deserve to play.

Now I understand potential and all that, but Willy isn't 19. I also understand the economics... Willy is on a rookie deal. We could surely move or let Kanter and KOQ walk and roll with Willy and Noah....

Do we want to continue to coddle guys that arent working hard? I thought we were building a culture? We can't baby Willy and then talk about building a winning culture.

Again who says Willy isnt working hard? Also they arent coddling him. The fact is we ended up with a loaded frontcourt and Kanter has been much better than even the knicks expected. Kyle got off to a great start even though he has started to come back to earth a bit. Truthfully there is no need to trade Willy unless we get a great offer or something since he is young and on a good deal.

His play is saying it. He's been terrible every time he has been out there. Very soft and nonchalant.

i know you are a huge fan of toughness but willy isnt that type of player. As someone else mentioned he is more of a finesse player. Now i agree he needs to improve on defense but that hopefully will happen with more playing time either in the second half or next year
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/2/2018  3:01 PM
I cant believe how good the prospects are this year at the top.

So much better than last year

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/2/2018  3:05 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Willy doesn't show toughness. You can't develop that either you got it or you don't. KP is not succeeding at the level he is by simply being 7'3 and athletic. He's tough as nails as a competitor. Willy doesn't have that. If had the moxy that KOQ, noah and Kanter show he would be a hands down all star. Outs not asking him developi g and playing minutes. Guy had the same opportunity KP has had. Willy has more Fiba experience. Willy has been a pro a long time. At 23, he's a man... no excuse for the kid to fall like this. Noah had no problem being Willy friend off the court. When Noah finally got his shot he took it. Willy has had multiple shots this year and flunked.

Willy was a finesse player last year and still is. He is not Kanter. Seems Enes also has been improving year to year.
Not sure what Noah, a former DPOY and 10 year vet has to do with being friends with being "Willy friend" but he has a big contract and obligation to himself as well.
Im not sure what the deal is with Willy but there is a skill set there. He might not have the makeup to sustain an NBA career and thus he falls back into his predraft trajectory. If he got big minutes would he be contributing? Yeah, but we only know he can do that on a losing team.
Enes and him are not the same player. Willy is more skilled offensively. Personally I see willy as a backup 4.
If Perry is true to his word he is still in our long term plans. Enes was never part of the plan and my take was KOQ was to start with Willy as back up. Noah himself has not been able to get off the bench as well!!! Against NOLA we were in a must win situation and with KOQ getting his 5th foul and the tandem of Cousins and Davis it was Noah's experience and defense that was called for.

Point I'm making about friends is Noah and Willy have gotten close. You can see them together on social media. On the court it doesn't matter. Noah played one game and he's now ahead of Willy. No way Willy should ever play ahead of him. Willy is a finnese player, but he's still a man. He's got to take the spot he wants. He thinks he should automatically have it. Nah man. Even Kanter improved I defense and emerged as a leader. Willy and his potential isn't winning us anything. Franky is 19 and is playing over Sessions.... He's even getting minutes in crunch time often. What's Willy doing? He complained to the media twice about minutes.... I see a guy that needs to go

You seem to know a lot about what's inside of him.
I don't know if he has an entitlement issue or he is cut out for the NBA.
I don't know if he "needs to go" and we give up on him.
We can piece all kind of opinions together and speculate. Go to a game and watch him on the bench and he is having a good time.
But we did see NBA talent last year and he got some time to play with team Spain over the summer. Not sure if he improved as he should have in the off season.
My take is he has the rest of this and next to prove himself and earn a good contract.
KP knows what it takes to put the work in. If WIlly don't do it then its not good for KP's career no matter how good buddies they are off the court!!

I'm just not into waiting on grown men to develop toughness. That's what we are waiting for. He's having g a great time because he likes his teammates.... we're playing basketball though. When he's on the court he's not bringing it like everyone else, especially his teammates. I don't need to be a psychiatrist for that.... Willy doesn't deserve to play.

Now I understand potential and all that, but Willy isn't 19. I also understand the economics... Willy is on a rookie deal. We could surely move or let Kanter and KOQ walk and roll with Willy and Noah....

Do we want to continue to coddle guys that arent working hard? I thought we were building a culture? We can't baby Willy and then talk about building a winning culture.

Again who says Willy isnt working hard? Also they arent coddling him. The fact is we ended up with a loaded frontcourt and Kanter has been much better than even the knicks expected. Kyle got off to a great start even though he has started to come back to earth a bit. Truthfully there is no need to trade Willy unless we get a great offer or something since he is young and on a good deal.

His play is saying it. He's been terrible every time he has been out there. Very soft and nonchalant.

i know you are a huge fan of toughness but willy isnt that type of player. As someone else mentioned he is more of a finesse player. Now i agree he needs to improve on defense but that hopefully will happen with more playing time either in the second half or next year

I'm not asking him to be Charles Oakley. You can be a finnese player and still play tough. Willy plays with no get up and go. He plays like he's ok with getting outworked. If that's the player he is than why does anybody want him around?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

1/2/2018  3:09 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I cant believe how good the prospects are this year at the top.

Big time. Lots of future all stars or better. The center spot ain't dead

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/2/2018  4:34 PM
EnySpree wrote:

IDK, weren't people saying the same thing last yr?

ES
BRIGGS
1/2/2018  5:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

You have potentials shaq new Duncan's in this draft
It's bot even close. Yes people said it would be a good draft.
RIP Crushalot😞
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
1/2/2018  7:32 PM
I keep hoping that somehow we get Mikal Bridges. I love getting dominant defenders who are also good offensive players.
EnySpree

1/2/2018  7:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I don't think guys were saying future all stars or better.... there's like 4 centers in this draft tat are freaks of nature and skilled. There's also alot of unbelievable forwards 6'8" and up that can do it all. There's about 4 really good point guards too. That's covering the whole lottery plus more.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/2/2018  9:35 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Frank has 3 points tonight on 1-3 —- you ready to purge him too ?? The word is finesse.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

1/3/2018  12:19 AM
Paris907 wrote:Check it out see if you agree with SI top 5 with three 5s in the top 5. I wanted the Knicksnto draft a 5 as this would compliment KP and solve our inside issues short term and long term.

Who owns Sports Illustrated? Time Warner

And what is Time Warner's association with the NCAA Tournament again?

Young is getting good buzz and good burn right now. He's not actually a great draft prospect. He's an exciting college player going against mostly inferior competition than he'd face in the actual NBA. If Oklahoma makes the NCAA Tournament, it's good marketing to get his buzz going right now.

Moving up a list means nothing when the actual draft comes back around and the tiers will sort itself out organically. Guys like Doncic, Porter, Ayton, Bamba, etc, will all stay near the top. They are there for a reason.

Could Young be a great NBA player? It's possible. Anything is possible. blkexec could start a thread where he doesn't talk about himself or doesn't turn the entire subject about himself (OK, I should stop talking fantasy here....) But is it likely? Probably not.

Sebastian Telfair was on the cover of Sports Illustrated once. So there's that.

BRIGGS
1/3/2018  12:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2018  12:28 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Paris907 wrote:Check it out see if you agree with SI top 5 with three 5s in the top 5. I wanted the Knicksnto draft a 5 as this would compliment KP and solve our inside issues short term and long term.

Who owns Sports Illustrated? Time Warner

And what is Time Warner's association with the NCAA Tournament again?

Young is getting good buzz and good burn right now. He's not actually a great draft prospect. He's an exciting college player going against mostly inferior competition than he'd face in the actual NBA. If Oklahoma makes the NCAA Tournament, it's good marketing to get his buzz going right now.

Moving up a list means nothing when the actual draft comes back around and the tiers will sort itself out organically. Guys like Doncic, Porter, Ayton, Bamba, etc, will all stay near the top. They are there for a reason.

Could Young be a great NBA player? It's possible. Anything is possible. blkexec could start a thread where he doesn't talk about himself or doesn't turn the entire subject about himself (OK, I should stop talking fantasy here....) But is it likely? Probably not.

Sebastian Telfair was on the cover of Sports Illustrated once. So there's that.

Its going to be like this --Aayton Young and Bagley(With Bamba outside at 4 looking in) Porter lost his shot at going top 3 Doncic wont go top 3 and the only other guy worthy Bamba will stay at 4 as hes just raw enough to warrant staying there.

Unless injury comes a callin--there it is a Tier 1 with 3-4 players in it. One is Young. The next tier with Porter Doncic--thast your top 6. I dont think there is a clear cut 7

RIP Crushalot😞
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/3/2018  5:54 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I dont really have a mock draft--but if we have picks 15-33 and 40--which is what it appears as of now

I know what players were not getting--so its waste of time to list

What Im looking for is a combination of best player available and fit--not necessarily position.

I like Nick Ward PF from Mich State a whole lot. Hes a beast inside-he might be as good as the top 3 prospects
I like the player I saw the other night--in terms of NBA he really stood out because hes 6-7/6-8 but handles the ball like a PG and can play point forward shooting guard point guard. Thats a diverse position less player. Has a true 7-1 wingspan as a tall guard too. Has that Tracy Mcrady type build long 6-8 with long arms
I like Shakur Juiston--one of the best defensive players I have seen with defensive versatility 6-7 230 hands big like Kwame good ballhandler great rebounder has a lot of upside physically--would be a dropper into rd 2 and would target with pick 40.
For PGs I like Jalen Brunson and Landry Shamet. I like the bigger players better--bt I know we need a PG and Im willing to sit back and find either one of these guy and be happy with either.

My guess is we pick 12, I think Philly, Utah finish with more wins.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/3/2018  5:59 AM

Why I thought we should of waited one more year to start adding pieces like Hardaway. There is only 3 really bad teams I think a top 5 pick was feasible this year

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree

1/3/2018  7:08 AM
Paris907 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Frank has 3 points tonight on 1-3 —- you ready to purge him too ?? The word is finesse.

Can you read or no?

reub
Member: #6227

1/3/2018  5:32 PM

Didn't I hear the same thing last year?
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
1/3/2018  8:16 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I dont really have a mock draft--but if we have picks 15-33 and 40--which is what it appears as of now

I know what players were not getting--so its waste of time to list

What Im looking for is a combination of best player available and fit--not necessarily position.

I like Nick Ward PF from Mich State a whole lot. Hes a beast inside-he might be as good as the top 3 prospects
I like the player I saw the other night--in terms of NBA he really stood out because hes 6-7/6-8 but handles the ball like a PG and can play point forward shooting guard point guard. Thats a diverse position less player. Has a true 7-1 wingspan as a tall guard too. Has that Tracy Mcrady type build long 6-8 with long arms
I like Shakur Juiston--one of the best defensive players I have seen with defensive versatility 6-7 230 hands big like Kwame good ballhandler great rebounder has a lot of upside physically--would be a dropper into rd 2 and would target with pick 40.
For PGs I like Jalen Brunson and Landry Shamet. I like the bigger players better--bt I know we need a PG and Im willing to sit back and find either one of these guy and be happy with either.

My guess is we pick 12, I think Philly, Utah finish with more wins.

I think the Bulls arenimoroved and May finish ahead of NYK.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/3/2018  8:18 PM

I agree. I don't see any franchise players from 2017 thus far. Just a bunch of really good players/all-stars. 2018 draft we will likely see a couple superstars.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/3/2018  8:25 PM
I'm taking BPA at the 1, 2, or 3 this draft. Mikal Bridges is my dream target if he somehow slips outside the top 10. I see us likely between 12-14.
2018 NBA Mock Draft 3.0: Trae Young Soars Into the Top 10 - Sports Illustrated

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy