[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Healthy Noah
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

12/30/2017  9:31 PM
By far our best complement to KP and the team itself.
Too bad this wasn't the Noah we had last season or the one we could have had from day 1.
Even now, if we use him as the primary 5 if he's healthy, his impact is leaps and bounds.

I love his game when he's healthy.

He sets great screens.
He rolls so fast.
He runs back on D like a man possessed.
He rebounds.
He plays man defense.
He passes the ball.

Just everything you want.

Such a shame we never got the healthy Noah. If it's not a mirage tonight, Jeff needs to play Noah the most minutes at 5. Be it off the bench, or however they split it up. I like Noah as the Center that comes in and closes the half.

To me in skills in value in today's league

O'Quinn, Noah >>> Kanter

Kanter has the least value of the three. We should do everything we can to avoid paying him more than 18M a year. Don't let the numbers fool you. Winning teams have players with Noah and O'Quinn's skill at the 5. Not Kanter. Kanter has great numbers but he's not the impact guy his individual numbers make him out to be.

AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/30/2017  9:43 PM
AND he makes LAYUPS
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/30/2017  9:49 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:AND he makes LAYUPS

I won't give him this until he shows me he can do it again and again, because based on his last two years (the one in Chicago and the one in NY) he can't finish around the basket consistently anymore.

When Tim is back healthy, I'd really like to see a Noah/Porzingis/Hardaway/Lee/Frank lineup. I think this lineup will be able to compete at a very high level on both ends and has the floor balance.

meloshouldgo

12/30/2017  9:52 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:

I won't give him this until he shows me he can do it again and again, because based on his last two years (the one in Chicago and the one in NY) he can't finish around the basket consistently anymore.

When Tim is back healthy, I'd really like to see a Noah/Porzingis/Hardaway/Lee/Frank lineup. I think this lineup will be able to compete at a very high level on both ends and has the floor balance.

None of our centers can consistently make layups. Shouldn't give it to any of them

blkexec
Member: #748
12/30/2017  10:17 PM
Is there a link for Noah's highlights??

I missed that part of the game....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/30/2017  11:06 PM
This is what I meant by Kanters a good player but night not be a great fit for a team built around kp
RIP Crushalot😞
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/30/2017  11:44 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

None of our centers can consistently make layups. Shouldn't give it to any of them

I don't know what you're taking about. Kanter is pretty savvy around the basket.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/31/2017  4:24 AM
Y’all regurgitate to the point your convinced he can’t play nor sustain an the on the court.
its the great mistery of the season. “Extend” KOQ and Enes ad cut Noah!!!
He is healthy he has to play at some point.
Can he sustain/
Ira
Member: #91
12/31/2017  8:04 AM
Nalod wrote:Y’all regurgitate to the point your convinced he can’t play nor sustain an the on the court.
its the great mistery of the season. “Extend” KOQ and Enes ad cut Noah!!!
He is healthy he has to play at some point.
Can he sustain/

and can he stay healthy.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
12/31/2017  12:07 PM
I think we’ll get another good look at Noah vs SAS. He isn’t heat at guarding scoring bigs. Him shutting down a mediocre big isn’t that much a bonus. We’ve given up a lot of points to opposing centers this year though.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/31/2017  12:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/31/2017  1:10 PM
Noah hasn't been healthy in 3-4 years. He seems to finally have his mojo back. He's had a whole career Proving what he can do. All he has to do now is prove he's healthy. Glad to see him banging again out there.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/31/2017  1:25 PM
Sorry - kanter needs to start still. Noah should be the backup 5. Oquinn can get minutest at the 4 but he should be the one who loses time. Not Kanter.
meloshouldgo

12/31/2017  8:49 PM
Panos wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

I don't know what you're taking about. Kanter is pretty savvy around the basket.

He misses layups often, or maybe I remember them more because how ridiculous it looks. I didn't look up numbers

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/1/2018  1:02 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Panos wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

He misses layups often, or maybe I remember them more because how ridiculous it looks. I didn't look up numbers

Kanters shooting 59%.... so he misses 41% of his lay ups.... ****ing loser

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

1/1/2018  1:04 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:

I’ve been pretty tough on Noah, but the other night he brought the team to victory! A healthy Noah deserves minutes even if it’s just a few minutes a game. Before Noah entered the game the knicks were sleeping there way to another road loss. He woke us up to finish the game and get the W... he brought much needed veteran leadership esp on the road. I love KOQ but on the road Noah should get minutes.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

1/1/2018  4:44 PM
EnySpree wrote:Noah hasn't been healthy in 3-4 years. He seems to finally have his mojo back. He's had a whole career Proving what he can do. All he has to do now is prove he's healthy. Glad to see him banging again out there.

Even if he's healthy, he's lost a couple of steps. He doesn't do anything on offense, so at least he can focus all his efforts on energy play/defense. However he might be at the point where the Knicks can only use him every other game, or once every three games, so they can preserve him and get some efficiency from him when he does get on the court.

Instead of trying to get 10 minutes a game from him, 20 minutes every other game might just be more practical.

Like alot of older big men, he's going to also become more foul prone as time moves on. Noah is at least high IQ enough to know when to foul to pace things. But what made him so good on defense was his ability to give a lot of coverage all over the floor. His decision making is still on point, but his body is shot. He can't cover the same way anymore, so he's going to have to hack and reach in more.

At this point in his career, you just can't count on him. You have to prepare as if he'll be hurt for any game moving forward.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/2/2018  10:14 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Noah hasn't been healthy in 3-4 years. He seems to finally have his mojo back. He's had a whole career Proving what he can do. All he has to do now is prove he's healthy. Glad to see him banging again out there.

Even if he's healthy, he's lost a couple of steps. He doesn't do anything on offense, so at least he can focus all his efforts on energy play/defense. However he might be at the point where the Knicks can only use him every other game, or once every three games, so they can preserve him and get some efficiency from him when he does get on the court.

Instead of trying to get 10 minutes a game from him, 20 minutes every other game might just be more practical.

Like alot of older big men, he's going to also become more foul prone as time moves on. Noah is at least high IQ enough to know when to foul to pace things. But what made him so good on defense was his ability to give a lot of coverage all over the floor. His decision making is still on point, but his body is shot. He can't cover the same way anymore, so he's going to have to hack and reach in more.

At this point in his career, you just can't count on him. You have to prepare as if he'll be hurt for any game moving forward.

Can't count on him until we can count on him. We are not convinced he can play, until he actually plays.
I am really good with the way Knicks are handling him. He has to earn his way back on the court. This builds a healthy culture.
An entitled culture never works.
Few players have overcome injury proneness in the NBA. But it happens.
His career history is not a good indicator of things to come. He is two years removed from healthy. Thibs might have ran this kid into the ground.
He might have pressed it going into his contract year which might have compounded things. He was not in shape as he got his contract by passing his physical.
Bad outcome but good contract for him. Its in all in the past. He might be more than salvageable.
What is interesting is his career assist numbers. Before he got hurt they were pretty nice.
No, Im not banking on his return for form but I can and will root for him to do so!

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/noahjo01.html

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/2/2018  12:37 PM
Wow. One game where he comes in and he does not make a fool of himself and he is comeback player of the year on here?

So far we have paid $6M per FG for him this year. Let's see how he can add less value.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/2/2018  1:15 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Wow. One game where he comes in and he does not make a fool of himself and he is comeback player of the year on here?

So far we have paid $6M per FG for him this year. Let's see how he can add less value.

you need to take off your anti-Phil glasses for 2 minutes. Read the thread again. The guy is saying *IF* Noah is healthy his skill set is a great compliment to this current team. Thats it.

Noah is dead weight buried behind Kanter and KOQ and those guys have earned their minutes and continue to. We wont see value from Noah until a trade or someone gets hurt.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/2/2018  1:29 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Wow. One game where he comes in and he does not make a fool of himself and he is comeback player of the year on here?

Thank you

Healthy Noah

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy