Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/1/2018  12:21 PM
fishmike wrote:
Juliano wrote:
fishmike wrote:he's never gonna get that call. It was a stupid play by Baker to throw his body up there when AD had a clear dunk. One could say AD was simply protecting himself there also.

Doens't seem very intuitive though that someone could smash another people's face like this yet still get the call.

watch it again. Baker is lucky all he got is a black eye. Baker had no position and threw his body in between AD and the rim. A stupid play. You think AD tried to hurt Baker? If anything AD was 100% right to protect himself from a guard who instead of letting a big man take his dunk decided to do something stupid and was rewarded accordingly.
I don't know man. I like what baker did. Showed toughness. No easy layups.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/1/2018  1:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Juliano wrote:
fishmike wrote:he's never gonna get that call. It was a stupid play by Baker to throw his body up there when AD had a clear dunk. One could say AD was simply protecting himself there also.

Doens't seem very intuitive though that someone could smash another people's face like this yet still get the call.

watch it again. Baker is lucky all he got is a black eye. Baker had no position and threw his body in between AD and the rim. A stupid play. You think AD tried to hurt Baker? If anything AD was 100% right to protect himself from a guard who instead of letting a big man take his dunk decided to do something stupid and was rewarded accordingly.
Then KP is the one who fouls. Watch the play in real time. Its just not a good sports play. He cant block AD's shot. The guy is 6'10 with crazy long wingspan. All Baker did was throw his body in front of a bus.

Baker is a young guy. I dont hold this against him at all. On some level I agree with you and I prefer to see them err on the side of aggression than caution. Thats how you get better. However if Ron is going to sacrifice his body he can pick better spots. The only thing he can accomplish there is hurt himself, hurt AD, foul AD or some combo of the 3. Its all good. He'll learn.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Zebo13
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6434
USA
1/1/2018  2:26 PM
fishmike wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Juliano wrote:

Then KP is the one who fouls. Watch the play in real time. Its just not a good sports play. He cant block AD's shot. The guy is 6'10 with crazy long wingspan. All Baker did was throw his body in front of a bus.

Baker is a young guy. I dont hold this against him at all. On some level I agree with you and I prefer to see them err on the side of aggression than caution. Thats how you get better. However if Ron is going to sacrifice his body he can pick better spots. The only thing he can accomplish there is hurt himself, hurt AD, foul AD or some combo of the 3. Its all good. He'll learn.

HE actually got surprisingly close to getting ball.

GameThread: In the Big Easy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy