[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

do you really think frank has the ability to be a top 8 pg in this league
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/29/2017  9:25 AM
Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

ES
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/29/2017  9:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2017  9:57 AM
Frank is going to be great. He is a rookie who plays under control. It’s these type of players that win championships and lead. They put importance in team work as opposed to individual recognition. They are selfless always willing to help other get theirs and keep everyone moving and expecting the next pass.

You think he won’t be a double digit scorer in the NBA. I think he will I see Frank Averaging anywhere from 14-18 points and 8-10 assists while giving the Knicks stellar defense.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/29/2017  10:07 AM
Clyde mentioned several times last night that Frank had to learn how to play the point. I believe it was when he was comparing him to Tonu Parker. Frank as a euro was a bit of a mystery to me when he was drafted. Did he not play the point in France?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/29/2017  10:14 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

This kid has career avg's of 4ppg for a reason, and that's cool if that's not his game, but is that the kind of pg we want running JH system, a coach who is preaching run, run, run, and shoot more 3's, and that's really not franks game at all..

How many times have you seen him brick a mid range jumper with a wide open lane, he is going to be like that for his career, his mind set is defense, defense, defense. And before you say he's just young and he's learning , think about Shump, and how he use to run down the court top speed, only to stop by the 3 point line and wait for the defense.

players get stronger and wiser in this leagues, very really do they change their entire game as they get older, frank will never be a double digit scorer. In the right role frank has good value, but in a system like MDA or JH, not a good look

i know you want frank gone but we need a point guard like him. He will be a very good two way point guard. He is only 19 so its a bit unfair to expect him to have everything put together right away.
CrushAlot
USA
12/29/2017  10:20 AM
Vmart wrote:Frank is going to be great. He is a rookie who plays under control. It’s these type of players that win championships and lead. They put importance in team work as opposed to individual recognition. They are selfless always willing to help other get theirs and keep everyone moving and expecting the next pass.

You think he won’t be a double digit scorer in the NBA. I think he will I see Frank Averaging anywhere from 14-18 points and 8-10 assists while giving the Knicks stellar defense.

That would be amazing. Right now I see him becoming a 10 and 5 guy that shares the position with an Ish Smith type point. I hope you are right.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/29/2017  10:24 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:Frank is going to be great. He is a rookie who plays under control. It’s these type of players that win championships and lead. They put importance in team work as opposed to individual recognition. They are selfless always willing to help other get theirs and keep everyone moving and expecting the next pass.

That would be amazing. Right now I see him becoming a 10 and 5 guy that shares the position with an Ish Smith type point. I hope you are right.
i think he will put up good offensive numbers. We have to remember being so young and a euro it takes a little while to get used to playing here. However he has progressed faster than i thought
Vmart
USA
12/29/2017  10:30 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

The last time the Knicks went to the finals they had a platoon system going where it was Ward And Childs. As long as the team is winning who cares how they are getting it done.

CrushAlot
USA
12/29/2017  10:39 AM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The last time the Knicks went to the finals they had a platoon system going where it was Ward And Childs. As long as the team is winning who cares how they are getting it done.

That would be great but in that scenario Frank doesn't project out to put up the numbers you suggested. When I see numbers like your projection for Frank I think Mike Conley. I would love if Frank became that type of player.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/29/2017  10:42 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Teams are now playing way off him, giving him lanes, space, and he refuses to shoot. His in ability to score is having an effect on the entire team. Even as a rookie he should be showing signs that he can score when needed, and that has happen maybe twice this entire season, and only for a few min.

You lost me at "Career Avg" and your extrapolating this into the future.
Fan prerogative to post an opinion.
My prerogative to say "He is 19, a raw rookie, and its short sighted to label the kid after one third a season.
Fan prerogative to hit the reset button and pick the one guy doing better, but there are not too many rookies tearing it up early at the PG position.
This team was projected to win less than .500 for a reason.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/29/2017  10:47 AM

I agree with this and think it will happen as soon as next year. Over the last couple of weeks he's trying to push the pace per Hornacek's desires to go fast. Right now he might be pressing too much but it's the error of commission which is the better type in this situation

I just hope the chicken-littles will be man enough to fess up if he becomes such a player; I will do so if he becomes a dud

(5)(5)
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

12/29/2017  10:59 AM
To Frank's credit he seems coachable and is the only player who looks able to push the ball and play at the tempo Hornacek wants. There were many times Frank pushed the ball yesterday and had no one else on the team to pass to inside the 3 point line. I like Frank. He won't be a scoring stud or franchise player, but I think he can be a winner.
Vmart
USA
12/29/2017  11:02 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That would be great but in that scenario Frank doesn't project out to put up the numbers you suggested. When I see numbers like your projection for Frank I think Mike Conley. I would love if Frank became that type of player.

I’m using your scenario that there is more than one way to get to a destination.

knicks1248
12/29/2017  11:20 AM
He is a defensive player that will defer to other players on the court when it comes to offensive, that's his calling, and there is nothing wrong with that. Defensive players hardly turn into offensive players, just like scorers rarely turn into defenders.

I just think that you have to have a pg who can score at a good clip in this era of the NBA, and have a guy like frank on your bench for defensive purposes.

ES
knicks1248
12/29/2017  11:22 AM
90sKnicks wrote:To Frank's credit he seems coachable and is the only player who looks able to push the ball and play at the tempo Hornacek wants. There were many times Frank pushed the ball yesterday and had no one else on the team to pass to inside the 3 point line. I like Frank. He won't be a scoring stud or franchise player, but I think he can be a winner.

He does push the ball, but when the lane is open, he stops at the free throw line and looks for someone else to shoot, and yes, he can certainly be part of a winning team, but in the right role

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/29/2017  11:23 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Clyde mentioned several times last night that Frank had to learn how to play the point. I believe it was when he was comparing him to Tonu Parker. Frank as a euro was a bit of a mystery to me when he was drafted. Did he not play the point in France?

What Clyde was alluding to more so was Parker's craftyness. Frank doesn't have an arsenal of crafty moves at his disposal. That is what he lacks as well as tightening up his handle. These are all things he is capable of improving on over time with hard work and experience though.

That fake pass to Beasely for the layup is a prime example and was awesome.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
12/29/2017  11:30 AM
would you rather have Kriss dunn (who is top 5 in steals), or frank?
ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/29/2017  11:36 AM
knicks1248 wrote:would you rather have Kriss dunn (who is top 5 in steals), or frank?

But Kris Dunn sucked his rookie yr

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/29/2017  11:40 AM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It was a different league then...the game was still played inside out during those times. Now, its a perimeter oriented game...

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/29/2017  11:42 AM
Yes Frank will be a top pg in this league.
Frank will be a perennial all NBA defensive player
Frank will be a core part of a good team for many years
Frank will be the best guard taken in that class including the guys at the top
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/29/2017  11:46 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

yea well its pretty clear your not a good judge of triangle guards. If Frank got 30 minutes he would give you 8-10 assists. He's already being more aggressive attacking the basket and the defense. Wow that took 30 games. He's already one of better defenders in the league. Just watch last night. 2x they couldnt get Aldridge the ball on a switch because Frank was all over him. He challenges every shot and nobody breaks him down off the dribble.

I love it. Ish Smith. Yes please... keep that coming.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
do you really think frank has the ability to be a top 8 pg in this league

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy