[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anyway we could work a Kanter to Milwaukee for Brogdon Henson change?
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/28/2017  8:34 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:They need Kanter so badly--prfect fit--i dont want draft picks I want Brogdon.

where would the heart, soul, energy, toughness, rebounding going to come from after trading kanter, BROGdon?

Noah.

I think that ship has sailed. Maybe for 10 minutes a game when there was no chance for hack a noah.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
12/28/2017  8:57 PM
I think Briggs makes a good point. Brogden is a solid guard, young, tenacious and has upside. As stated above, Kanter is at his NBA peak but represents a static 5 without Solíd defense or the ability to stretch a defense. Our backcourt has been hammered recently. Tim is best suited as a flex 3. If Milwaukee is a taker, we should grab Brogden and draft a athletic 5.
Paris907
USA
12/28/2017  10:55 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:They need Kanter so badly--prfect fit--i dont want draft picks I want Brogdon.

where would the heart, soul, energy, toughness, rebounding going to come from after trading kanter, BROGdon?

Noah.

Noah is healthy... I think he would be ready to step right in.

What if we traded Noah for that same packedge? The Bucks would be playoff ready with Noah in the mix

Noah might be healthy but his lateral movement simply isn’t there. If he was, Perry and Horny would have showcased him with the possibility of finding suiters.

Paris907
USA
12/28/2017  11:00 PM
If we purge Kanter for Brogden, KP has already expressed his interest in remaining st the 4, which considering he boards poorly suits me fine. Yet with THJr, Frank and Brogden and KP the remaining position is the 5 as both Noah and OQ will either be trade fodder or a mentor. Wily may also be moved. Thus, if we end up as lottery, we end up with a need for a two way athletic 5 which can be drafted as there are 3 to be considered.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/29/2017  9:03 AM
KP cant hold the 5 yet on defense.
As for Noah, who the hell knows. He brings the passion and rebounding. He brings about 40million in contract money too!! He brings 2 seasons of injury breaking down too!
As for Brogdan, I’ve asked a few times......what is the money coming back? Kanter makes a substantial amount more.
CrushAlot
USA
12/29/2017  10:02 AM
Nalod wrote:KP cant hold the 5 yet on defense.
As for Noah, who the hell knows. He brings the passion and rebounding. He brings about 40million in contract money too!! He brings 2 seasons of injury breaking down too!
As for Brogdan, I’ve asked a few times......what is the money coming back? Kanter makes a substantial amount more.

I was surprised Noah didn't even get to dress for the Bulls game. That seems like something you would do out of respect. Is he done as a player? Is this coaching staff done with him?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/29/2017  11:49 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

I was surprised Noah didn't even get to dress for the Bulls game. That seems like something you would do out of respect. Is he done as a player? Is this coaching staff done with him?

Take the long picture. You play Kanter and KOQ - who may have started the season strong and ride them to the trade deadline and see what happens. What plus is there to play Noah IF those other 2 guys are also playing on the same level?

Throwing in Noah and Willy to the rotation... what benefit besides minutes for different dudes?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
12/29/2017  12:20 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Take the long picture. You play Kanter and KOQ - who may have started the season strong and ride them to the trade deadline and see what happens. What plus is there to play Noah IF those other 2 guys are also playing on the same level?

Throwing in Noah and Willy to the rotation... what benefit besides minutes for different dudes?

I agree with you. I was referring to the fact that they had him in street clothes for a game against his former team. I didn't expect him to get minutes.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/29/2017  12:55 PM
So the bucks are hoing to trade for Kanter after letting go of Monroe who is a similar player. I doubt it. Kanter is not the type of player tge Bucks want. I think they go after someone like Julius Randle or If they want a knick big they'll look at Kyle O.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/29/2017  2:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I agree with you. I was referring to the fact that they had him in street clothes for a game against his former team. I didn't expect him to get minutes.

Not his first time back to Chicago.
That contract showed a lot of respect! Im rooting for him to return strong.
Him and willy seem to be having a lot of fun on the bench. Especially Willy!

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/30/2017  9:14 AM
Kanter should be a 18 to 22 minutes a game player.
He clogs up the paint and if KP is your main other weapon you don't have the spacing especially when KP wants to post.

Dirk won a championship with a non post up guy. An off the ball active cutter and roller like Tyson.

If we want size next to KP, in today's league it needs to be a player like Tyson Chandler, ideally with a shot from outside as well.

In today's league, OQuinn has more value than Kanter next to KP.
I would keep OQuinn at 8M a year and let Kanter walk or deal him for a future asset or draft pick.

The players we need around KP and Frank must be able to knock down shots from outside the paint and also be able to roll or cut to the basket. I actually believe OQuinn is more of a complement player than Kanter.

nyknickzingis

12/30/2017  8:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2017  8:37 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Kanter should be a 18 to 22 minutes a game player.
He clogs up the paint and if KP is your main other weapon you don't have the spacing especially when KP wants to post.

Dirk won a championship with a non post up guy. An off the ball active cutter and roller like Tyson.

If we want size next to KP, in today's league it needs to be a player like Tyson Chandler, ideally with a shot from outside as well.

In today's league, OQuinn has more value than Kanter next to KP.
I would keep OQuinn at 8M a year and let Kanter walk or deal him for a future asset or draft pick.

The players we need around KP and Frank must be able to knock down shots from outside the paint and also be able to roll or cut to the basket. I actually believe OQuinn is more of a complement player than Kanter.

Just gonna add to this post that anyone who watches tonight's game should see why O'Quinn has more value than Kanter IMO.
There's just more value to a guy with O'Quinn's skill in today's league.
Kanter has value, but it needs to be in a 18 to 22 minutes a game role. He should be paid accordingly,
CrushAlot
USA
12/30/2017  9:24 PM
Awesome. Great win.
nyknickzingis

12/30/2017  10:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Awesome. Great win.

To me this win doesn't mean I want Kanter traded.
I just find that if you are going to build the team around Porzingis which is what we are doing, and KP is gonna play like in a Dirk/Durant type of role, then you shouldn't be also trying to post up Kanter.

O'Quinn and even Noah are better complements to what Porzingis does. I'd be super interested in what the team would look like if they played O'Quinn and Noah with KP and then Kanter with Thomas/Beasley at the 4. The offense this year has been holding us back a bit from really getting into being a playoff lock. If we can just become a bit quicker, less predictable on offense, I think we can be a very good team right now.

CrushAlot
USA
12/30/2017  10:42 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Awesome. Great win.

To me this win doesn't mean I want Kanter traded.
I just find that if you are going to build the team around Porzingis which is what we are doing, and KP is gonna play like in a Dirk/Durant type of role, then you shouldn't be also trying to post up Kanter.

O'Quinn and even Noah are better complements to what Porzingis does. I'd be super interested in what the team would look like if they played O'Quinn and Noah with KP and then Kanter with Thomas/Beasley at the 4. The offense this year has been holding us back a bit from really getting into being a playoff lock. If we can just become a bit quicker, less predictable on offense, I think we can be a very good team right now.

I was in the wrong thread, thought I was in the game thread.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
12/30/2017  11:42 PM
Would like to see Julius Randle & Jordan Clarkson on this team for Kantor (who I really like) but I would feel uncomfortable paying him a bunch of $ if he opts out. His body takes a beating down low.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/31/2017  1:23 PM
is Brogdon even available?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/31/2017  5:48 PM
Paris907 wrote:I think Briggs makes a good point. Brogden is a solid guard, young, tenacious and has upside. As stated above, Kanter is at his NBA peak but represents a static 5 without Solíd defense or the ability to stretch a defense. Our backcourt has been hammered recently. Tim is best suited as a flex 3. If Milwaukee is a taker, we should grab Brogden and draft a athletic 5.

Brogdan and Enes are both 25. I don't see the upside argument. We already have shooting guards and Brogdan isn't really full-time one. Again, He's like a younger version of Courtney Lee, which is fine, but not the biggest need. Now, Jabari Parker would be a step in the right direction....

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Juliano
Member: #7589

12/31/2017  7:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/31/2017  7:47 PM
I'll admit to having a very superficial bball knowledge, but everytime I've watched the Knicks play or even highlights, I've noticed the positive energy that KOQ or Kanter seem to bring to the table. Now, they probably are players with a known ceiling but having played team sports (Rugby and football -the one you call soccer- albeit to a very low level), I think team chemistry is a really underrated paremeter. You always need those feel good guys, the players that maybe aren't the first names on the teamsheet but whom you'd to to war with. Even on the bench they're cheering on and celebrating. Maybe it's all PR I know, but it does seem sincere.
Anyway we could work a Kanter to Milwaukee for Brogdon Henson change?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy