[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I'd re-sign KOQ now
Author Thread
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

5/31/2018  1:07 PM
Nalod wrote:Nalod has no opinion until our draft is complete.
Nalod also has no idea of the condition of Noah and after a relatively healthy year due to inactivity it can do a body good.

Relatively new to the board..only a couple of years...used to be on the NY time Knicks board in the late 90s early 2000s, but wanted to ask why Nalod always speaks in the first person?

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/31/2018  1:30 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
Nalod also has no idea of the condition of Noah and after a relatively healthy year due to inactivity it can do a body good.

Relatively new to the board..only a couple of years...used to be on the NY time Knicks board in the late 90s early 2000s, but wanted to ask why Nalod always speaks in the first person?

You new. So how you say I "Always"?
Mostly its an off season thing. I do this mostly to very clearly makes sure that I speak from opinion and not as if I have knowledge.
Also Nalod in real life is far more interesting person than the clearly lack of dimensional NBA fan.
Nalod is an arrogant shyt at times with little tolerance for the blame game or revisionist reconstructing thinking hindsight knowledge was there at the time a decision was made.
Also, For every Donovan Mitchell knick fan's "Yeah, I wanted him", they were more prone to wanting Malik Monk just a smidge more.
Since only briggs fully discloses who he is(its not his real name by the way) and photo (he fancies himself a Troy Aikeman look a like), nobody really uses their real name so we sort of speak in the third person. Some proclaim real insider stuff, others rehash what they have read. Some can' think for themselves.
For the most part the majority are bright and bring some good stuff to this long running site!!

ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

5/31/2018  5:28 PM
Nalod wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

You new. So how you say I "Always"?
Mostly its an off season thing. I do this mostly to very clearly makes sure that I speak from opinion and not as if I have knowledge.
Also Nalod in real life is far more interesting person than the clearly lack of dimensional NBA fan.
Nalod is an arrogant shyt at times with little tolerance for the blame game or revisionist reconstructing thinking hindsight knowledge was there at the time a decision was made.
Also, For every Donovan Mitchell knick fan's "Yeah, I wanted him", they were more prone to wanting Malik Monk just a smidge more.
Since only briggs fully discloses who he is(its not his real name by the way) and photo (he fancies himself a Troy Aikeman look a like), nobody really uses their real name so we sort of speak in the third person. Some proclaim real insider stuff, others rehash what they have read. Some can' think for themselves.
For the most part the majority are bright and bring some good stuff to this long running site!!

Nice...

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/6/2018  11:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2018  11:20 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:Tonight : 15 pts, 6 of 7, 11 RB, 3 assists, 1 BLK in 22 mins.

It's a nice stat line. Also, the biggest negative +/- for the team against an opponent that has a super weak front line.

KOQ per 36 includes 6.1 fouls, 4.3 assits for 2.9 TOs ...coming off bench.

Panos, do you consider KOQ a player you could see having solid minutes off bench for a deep playoff team? For me, no. I could see him as the second big off the bench as the backup to the backup big.

If you do resign KOQ, what's the sweetspot #'s (per year and how many years) where he could be a building block player on the Knicks but also very tradeable if he is indeed only considered a temporary player that you need to upgrade when playoffs happen?

If Kyle would take around 7mm--I would love to keep him. Hes a grizzled NBA vet who plays very good defense but does a little bit of everything quite well. Hes on our team and the continuity is also a factor. Hes good enough to step in and start 40 games if needed. If we waived and stretched Noah--I think that would pay atleast half of KOQ's 7mm price tag--if it went above 7mm than Id probably pass.

why would KOQ take less than the full MLE which he will certainly at 27yo get offers for and he's certainly worth.

A lot of people in this thread claiming KOQ was going to get a big payday, too rich, should be eating crow.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/6/2018  11:14 PM
Panos wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
fishmike wrote:
MS wrote:It's interesting more teams aren't after him.

He could make a big difference for OKC, Cleveland, Washington, Portland. It's a shame with the logjam we have because he is a true professional and a great guy to have on a team. He does everything pretty well and it's a shame to lose him.

Phil really ****ed us with Noah and Thomas.

how do you know those teams havent called?

With the Knicks exploring what to do with their four-center glut by the Feb. 8 trading deadline, NBA sources say the club has entertained more inquiries about Willy Hernangomez than any other player on their roster. The Knicks do not want to give up the 23-year-old Hernangomez — out of the rotation behind starter Enes Kanter and Kyle O’Quinn — unless they get a prime talent in return. So far they haven’t gotten any concrete offers, but teams that have been high on European players in the past have shown the most interest. The Knicks prefer to deal O’Quinn, who likely will opt out of his contract, and they have gotten only mild interest from a few playoff-contending teams who see him as a backup piece.
2 days ago – via New York Post

Here we go again. You just said that "teams aren't after him" and "only mild interest" because they see "him as a backup". So how does he command $10MM a year. Y'all are contradicting yourselves to prove your agenda. Which is it? Is he too expensive, or does he have no value?

Bump

I'd re-sign KOQ now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy