[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread 12/27: Calling Chicago's BULLS***
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

12/28/2017  9:03 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I think the way Porzingis plays you have to get multiple double threats around him
Players equally competent at passing and shooting

The team we have around him right now is full of guys good at one but not the other skill.

Can shoot - Lee, McD
Can pass not shoot - Baker, Frank, Jack
Can score but not really anything else on O - Kanter, Beasley

Good teams have a couple of players capable to be double or triple threats from the perimeter

To his credit Hardaway was playing like a quality double threat before he got hurt.

When Frank starts to make some shots I think he can be a double threat player ... guy that can be a passer a pnr guy or a spot up shooter ... same for THJ. Rest of the team ... nope. CLee needs to come off the bench.

We are going nowhere till we get a swiss army knife SF

This.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/28/2017  10:59 AM
Knixkik wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:No hate for Kanter
I just think his value is overrated on this board
He does not make the team better on either end
Advanced stats show the team plays better without him

I love his toughness and attitude but there was a reason OKC brought him off the bench.
Playoff contenders will not start guys like Kanter IMO
He's a great instant energy offense big

He gets the team a ton of extra possessions and that's worth its weight in gold. The best teams each year are always good rebounding teams and he's one of the best.

Not to mention, his defense hasn't been nearly as bad as advertised.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/28/2017  11:06 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I think the way Porzingis plays you have to get multiple double threats around him

The team we have around him right now is full of guys good at one but not the other skill.

Can shoot - Lee, McD

Good teams have a couple of players capable to be double or triple threats from the perimeter

To his credit Hardaway was playing like a quality double threat before he got hurt.

When Frank starts to make some shots I think he can be a double threat player ... guy that can be a passer a pnr guy or a spot up shooter ... same for THJ. Rest of the team ... nope. CLee needs to come off the bench.

This.

https://dailyknicks.com/2017/12/28/knicks-trade-rumors-latest-buzz-dec-28/2/

Nicholas Batum. He is 29 years old so he is not in our desired age range but he is the swiss army knife SF that we are looking for.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/28/2017  11:24 AM
Until Frank embraces the role of alpha dog in the offensive end..we will continue to struggle on the road. He needs to stop giving up the ball as soon as he crosses the mid court line. The easiest way to do this is by setting a SF or SG screen as soon he passes mid court then another screen from the bigs on top of the key and keep attacking.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/28/2017  11:30 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Can shoot - Lee, McD

This.

https://dailyknicks.com/2017/12/28/knicks-trade-rumors-latest-buzz-dec-28/2/

Nicholas Batum. He is 29 years old so he is not in our desired age range but he is the swiss army knife SF that we are looking for.

I like Batum and mentioned him the other day in a possible Noah trade. But his contract is horrific. I think the Knicks would need to get more back to take on his deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/28/2017  11:42 AM
MS wrote:Beasley is the last person that should be taking the ball out in these situations.

Without Hardaway we are not good. Sloppy execution down the stretch again.

As much as it would be great to make the playoffs they need additional cheap talent in the worst way. Noah, Baker and Thomas kill any chance we can improve in free agency.

Really needed this one.

Without Hardaway? Dude, you jumped in every game thread early in the yr to tell this board that Hardaway was garbage... Now that he is out of the lineup, you see the value, huh?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/28/2017  2:04 PM
I saw Batum when knicks were in Charlotte....Dude is looking soft as he gets older. Not as defined. Sort of morphing into fellow Frenchman
Boris Diaw. His injury history and salary does not fit our timeline.
He would make us better today. We are not privy to Perry's chess game.
Game Thread 12/27: Calling Chicago's BULLS***

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy