[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How can this dude drop so low--dont get it?
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Posts: 35583
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
12/28/2017  11:09 AM
EnySpree wrote:Its all on Willy. I haven't seen that floater or a drop step from him all year. His picks aren't as good, he isn't running the floor. I think the dude expected preferential treatment and got let down. He's had plenty of chances to show he could play and he was terrible. Sucks for him. I'm really over talking about the guy. He needs a another team....

You nailed it. He seems to have taken it easy and assumed he was getting the PT. He needs to mature a little.

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Posts: 30733
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
12/28/2017  11:11 AM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:Willie not playing is more agenda driven than anything else. JH is playing Kanter and because he is the big piece in the Melo trade. Wants to show that the Knicks did well in the trade. Also because Willie is Phil’s guy.

Remember when Mark Jackson commented on Jarret Jacks shoes he was wearing different color shoes so Jackson said I wouldn’t take him on my team in the play ground because of his shoes. Then JVG said what if it was LeBron wearing different shoes I’m taking him first is what Jackson said. Well I feel Willie is Jarret Jack. The odd man out. Willie is so much more skilled than O’Quin yet he can’t get more burn than him. Maybe the emphasis is on defense and Willie needs to step it up.

But I do believe that they are hurting Willie’s development he needs to play a lot more he can’t improve his defense unless he plays.

Im thinking Enes is better than Willy.
Jeff is playing to win. Winning gets you paid in the NBA if your a coach.
Jeff is also developing players.
Jeff is building a culture. You do this by rewarding those who play well. KOQ is playing really well.
Enes is playing real good ball.
KP is happy, team is happy but I suspect Willy is not.
Your suggesting Jeff is punishing WIlly because he is phil's guy. I don't agree with that.

Mark Jax is talking like a coach and he has to come up with controversial stuff to say on the air.
Jack has been great for the knicks. I don't care what he wears on his feet as long as its up to NBA code.
I love JVG but there are times he is being a pompous ass as an announcer.

If JH is developing players then why isn’t a Willis getting any run or Dotson. Only one he is developing is Ntlikina. The rest not so much.

Nalod
Posts: 55926
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
12/28/2017  1:19 PM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:Willie not playing is more agenda driven than anything else. JH is playing Kanter and because he is the big piece in the Melo trade. Wants to show that the Knicks did well in the trade. Also because Willie is Phil’s guy.

Remember when Mark Jackson commented on Jarret Jacks shoes he was wearing different color shoes so Jackson said I wouldn’t take him on my team in the play ground because of his shoes. Then JVG said what if it was LeBron wearing different shoes I’m taking him first is what Jackson said. Well I feel Willie is Jarret Jack. The odd man out. Willie is so much more skilled than O’Quin yet he can’t get more burn than him. Maybe the emphasis is on defense and Willie needs to step it up.

But I do believe that they are hurting Willie’s development he needs to play a lot more he can’t improve his defense unless he plays.

Im thinking Enes is better than Willy.
Jeff is playing to win. Winning gets you paid in the NBA if your a coach.
Jeff is also developing players.
Jeff is building a culture. You do this by rewarding those who play well. KOQ is playing really well.
Enes is playing real good ball.
KP is happy, team is happy but I suspect Willy is not.
Your suggesting Jeff is punishing WIlly because he is phil's guy. I don't agree with that.

Mark Jax is talking like a coach and he has to come up with controversial stuff to say on the air.
Jack has been great for the knicks. I don't care what he wears on his feet as long as its up to NBA code.
I love JVG but there are times he is being a pompous ass as an announcer.

If JH is developing players then why isn’t a Willis getting any run or Dotson. Only one he is developing is Ntlikina. The rest not so much.

does Willy or Jeff get the nod to last years progress? Same coach, same player.
Did Willy not put in the work over the summer outside of training with Spain?
Did KOQ in a contract year and a few years older have the fortitude to put it in?
Did Enes coming in and playing very well push him back?
Im as baffled as anyone to why he has regressed. Im not blaming anyone, but any player in their first three years is "developing" if they are still on the roster.
That includes Baker. Did Baker regress? Did he put on too much muscle mass? Kid looks bigger this year. Is the offense too fast for him? Where did his shot go?
We seem at this time to be commited to Dotson. Frank. Baker. And yes Willy!!! This in contrast to years past we are very much a team developing!!!!
We not half way thru season. Team looks bad on the road. Last night real bad.
But, Before fouling out Frank was out there and while the shots were not dropping he is making moves a few weeks he was not making. Im ok with losing games with yoot.
Baker is back on the bench. If the ire of his 4mm contract vs. 2mm his likely value somehow ruined the team then we looking at the wrong places.
Dotson? He is "developing" but it takes time. He is hesitant. Very much looks like a rookie.

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
CrushAlot
Posts: 56972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/28/2017  1:32 PM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:Willie not playing is more agenda driven than anything else. JH is playing Kanter and because he is the big piece in the Melo trade. Wants to show that the Knicks did well in the trade. Also because Willie is Phil’s guy.

Remember when Mark Jackson commented on Jarret Jacks shoes he was wearing different color shoes so Jackson said I wouldn’t take him on my team in the play ground because of his shoes. Then JVG said what if it was LeBron wearing different shoes I’m taking him first is what Jackson said. Well I feel Willie is Jarret Jack. The odd man out. Willie is so much more skilled than O’Quin yet he can’t get more burn than him. Maybe the emphasis is on defense and Willie needs to step it up.

But I do believe that they are hurting Willie’s development he needs to play a lot more he can’t improve his defense unless he plays.

Im thinking Enes is better than Willy.
Jeff is playing to win. Winning gets you paid in the NBA if your a coach.
Jeff is also developing players.
Jeff is building a culture. You do this by rewarding those who play well. KOQ is playing really well.
Enes is playing real good ball.
KP is happy, team is happy but I suspect Willy is not.
Your suggesting Jeff is punishing WIlly because he is phil's guy. I don't agree with that.

Mark Jax is talking like a coach and he has to come up with controversial stuff to say on the air.
Jack has been great for the knicks. I don't care what he wears on his feet as long as its up to NBA code.
I love JVG but there are times he is being a pompous ass as an announcer.

If JH is developing players then why isn’t a Willis getting any run or Dotson. Only one he is developing is Ntlikina. The rest not so much.

Jeff said after the Knicks got Kanter that the proclamation that Willy was a part of the core was made too early and that things had changed. Willy hasn't earned minutes yet. Dotson has gotten spot minutes and also has played in Westchester. That to me is a developmental approach with Dotson. No clue about what is going on with Willy only that we have been told he has not earned the minutes in practice. This could be on Willy and his offseason approach to training/improvement.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
reub
Posts: 21777
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

12/28/2017  5:34 PM
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Vmart wrote:Willie not playing is more agenda driven than anything else. JH is playing Kanter and because he is the big piece in the Melo trade. Wants to show that the Knicks did well in the trade. Also because Willie is Phil’s guy.

Remember when Mark Jackson commented on Jarret Jacks shoes he was wearing different color shoes so Jackson said I wouldn’t take him on my team in the play ground because of his shoes. Then JVG said what if it was LeBron wearing different shoes I’m taking him first is what Jackson said. Well I feel Willie is Jarret Jack. The odd man out. Willie is so much more skilled than O’Quin yet he can’t get more burn than him. Maybe the emphasis is on defense and Willie needs to step it up.

But I do believe that they are hurting Willie’s development he needs to play a lot more he can’t improve his defense unless he plays.

Im thinking Enes is better than Willy.
Jeff is playing to win. Winning gets you paid in the NBA if your a coach.
Jeff is also developing players.
Jeff is building a culture. You do this by rewarding those who play well. KOQ is playing really well.
Enes is playing real good ball.
KP is happy, team is happy but I suspect Willy is not.
Your suggesting Jeff is punishing WIlly because he is phil's guy. I don't agree with that.

Mark Jax is talking like a coach and he has to come up with controversial stuff to say on the air.
Jack has been great for the knicks. I don't care what he wears on his feet as long as its up to NBA code.
I love JVG but there are times he is being a pompous ass as an announcer.

If JH is developing players then why isn’t a Willis getting any run or Dotson. Only one he is developing is Ntlikina. The rest not so much.

does Willy or Jeff get the nod to last years progress? Same coach, same player.
Did Willy not put in the work over the summer outside of training with Spain?
Did KOQ in a contract year and a few years older have the fortitude to put it in?
Did Enes coming in and playing very well push him back?
Im as baffled as anyone to why he has regressed. Im not blaming anyone, but any player in their first three years is "developing" if they are still on the roster.
That includes Baker. Did Baker regress? Did he put on too much muscle mass? Kid looks bigger this year. Is the offense too fast for him? Where did his shot go?
We seem at this time to be commited to Dotson. Frank. Baker. And yes Willy!!! This in contrast to years past we are very much a team developing!!!!
We not half way thru season. Team looks bad on the road. Last night real bad.
But, Before fouling out Frank was out there and while the shots were not dropping he is making moves a few weeks he was not making. Im ok with losing games with yoot.
Baker is back on the bench. If the ire of his 4mm contract vs. 2mm his likely value somehow ruined the team then we looking at the wrong places.
Dotson? He is "developing" but it takes time. He is hesitant. Very much looks like a rookie.

They've got Baker and McDermott trying to play like Lance Thomas. Too much driving and dribbling. They need to be simple 3 and D guys to be effective.

EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

12/28/2017  6:28 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Its all on Willy. I haven't seen that floater or a drop step from him all year. His picks aren't as good, he isn't running the floor. I think the dude expected preferential treatment and got let down. He's had plenty of chances to show he could play and he was terrible. Sucks for him. I'm really over talking about the guy. He needs a another team....

I’ve thought that we started the season not playing Willy to increase the other guys value— and our team and it’s big players just played themselves into jobs.
We’ve done a good job devaluing the asset and hurting Willy’s psych. Is there no way to get him minutes at the 4-5?

Why are we worried about hurting another man's feelings, if he wanted to play he would be playing. KOQ and Kanter are playing because they deserve to.

You know why I'm here....
Nalod
Posts: 55926
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
12/29/2017  2:58 PM
Willy looks like the happiest knick! Go to a game and look at him, he is smiling and having fun.
Gets to warm up and hug his friends on the other team!!
How low can you go??
Lower than KOQ. Lower than Enes.
Whats the long view? THE LONG VIEW!!!
You know, that period of time that is longer than 10 games?
Fans can see it, so we don't know it, and if we don't know it we can't very well be the guy to discuss it.
So we enter a stretch of time when we either get our shyt together on the road and if not trade KOQ. Boom.
Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
fwk00
Posts: 20972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/20/2015
Member: #6048

12/30/2017  12:34 AM
Personally, I think Willy is a threat to KP's ego. Long term, Willie may be the better prospect but Willy is being held back.
The kid can play and showed it last year. This year he's deferring to Porgy so as not to offend. Porzingus treats him like a sidekick rather than a teammate. There's a funny chemistry.

Also leaking into KP interviews are the veiled threats that he'll leave if the Knicks aren't winning. I have a bad vibe about KP that refuses to subside. His attitude is disingenuous as all hell as if he's already the franchise without doing so much as taking the team to a .500 record.

My guess is that CLee and KOQ will get dealt shortly. This team is not responding to the idea that games can be and must be won. This ain't horseshoes.

CrushAlot
Posts: 56972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/30/2017  10:50 AM
fwk00 wrote:Personally, I think Willy is a threat to KP's ego. Long term, Willie may be the better prospect but Willy is being held back.
The kid can play and showed it last year. This year he's deferring to Porgy so as not to offend. Porzingus treats him like a sidekick rather than a teammate. There's a funny chemistry.

Also leaking into KP interviews are the veiled threats that he'll leave if the Knicks aren't winning. I have a bad vibe about KP that refuses to subside. His attitude is disingenuous as all hell as if he's already the franchise without doing so much as taking the team to a .500 record.

My guess is that CLee and KOQ will get dealt shortly. This team is not responding to the idea that games can be and must be won. This ain't horseshoes.


I am not sure I get what you are saying. Hornacek said Enes and Kyle earned their minutes. Willy was beat out in a competition for playing time. I don't know how that translates to Willy deferring to KP. In regards to KP leaving, Begley said on a podcast that he thought there was no way KP resigns if the Knicks trade Willy. That was awhile ago and I don't think the team had experienced success yet. But I do think they are very good friends and I don't see the dynamic between them that you are referencing.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
CrushAlot
Posts: 56972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/30/2017  10:50 AM
fwk00 wrote:Personally, I think Willy is a threat to KP's ego. Long term, Willie may be the better prospect but Willy is being held back.
The kid can play and showed it last year. This year he's deferring to Porgy so as not to offend. Porzingus treats him like a sidekick rather than a teammate. There's a funny chemistry.

Also leaking into KP interviews are the veiled threats that he'll leave if the Knicks aren't winning. I have a bad vibe about KP that refuses to subside. His attitude is disingenuous as all hell as if he's already the franchise without doing so much as taking the team to a .500 record.

My guess is that CLee and KOQ will get dealt shortly. This team is not responding to the idea that games can be and must be won. This ain't horseshoes.


I am not sure I get what you are saying. Hornacek said Enes and Kyle earned their minutes. Willy was beat out in a competition for playing time. I don't know how that translates to Willy deferring to KP. In regards to KP leaving, Begley said on a podcast that he thought there was no way KP resigns if the Knicks trade Willy. That was awhile ago and I don't think the team had experienced success yet. But I do think they are very good friends and I don't see the dynamic between them that you are referencing.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
How can this dude drop so low--dont get it?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.