Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

12/25/2017  3:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:KP committing TOs, Beas missing free throws, no one doing anything on offense and you guys blame the PG who is supposed to be the fourth option on offense?

Instead of penetration or a PnR, frank gives it to kp 17 feet for a post up, and doesn't even cut, so franks man can easily double kp, and with no spacing, kp throws a wild pass...It all starts from the pg poition

Yeah and he keeps KP from making free throws too

I mean that's on kp, but he really has to work for his points, nothing comes easy for him,because our pgs dont set him up. Our pg's barely avg 10 points combine. I don't care how you look at it, even with Frank, my focus would be on changing the talent at that posistion

You wanna focus on something? Try Kristap's bra straps getting in the way of his free throw shooting.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Gudris
Member: #6213

12/25/2017  4:46 PM
We need THj back asap
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/25/2017  5:20 PM
Definitely need more scoring in the backcourt. Frank is becoming more confident, but he's a ways off from being considered a reliable, and timely scorer.

Thats what we need in the interim. Not a knock on Frank, he's a project, and Jack is no spring chicken.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/25/2017  7:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/25/2017  7:25 PM
Wheels are coming off , good for the longterm outlook of the team we need to lose this road trip should end our season
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
12/25/2017  8:04 PM
What a joke, those guys are scrubs. Emid had two years left in the league, maybe. Simmons is mediocre. That’s he-she announcer clearly got the same memo as the refs that the Sixers are the new scrub darlings. Not getting my League Pass money next year if this is the product they’re producing.

Merry Christmas homies! Hot butter Rum flowing at the Zebo manor!

Welpee
Member: #6239

12/25/2017  9:27 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:KP committing TOs, Beas missing free throws, no one doing anything on offense and you guys blame the PG who is supposed to be the fourth option on offense?

Instead of penetration or a PnR, frank gives it to kp 17 feet for a post up, and doesn't even cut, so franks man can easily double kp, and with no spacing, kp throws a wild pass...It all starts from the pg poition

I mean that's on kp, but he really has to work for his points, nothing comes easy for him,because our pgs dont set him up. Our pg's barely avg 10 points combine. I don't care how you look at it, even with Frank, my focus would be on changing the talent at that posistion

Wrong again. This is KP and the coaches who have made KP one dimensional. He doesn’t move with out the ball. Constantly posting up 20-25 from the basket. No cuts no movement he has become stagnation at it finest. He is now starting to feel the punishment he gets constantly posting. His game is totally out of wack. He has become a lazy offensive player.

Question: how many players over 7 feet tall can you think of who moved well without the ball? If you want to criticize him for not doing what he did earlier in the season and being more effective posting up and getting buckets in the mid-range game I can co-sign on that. But expecting someone his size to be great at moving without the ball is a little far fetched in my opinion.
reub
Member: #6227

12/25/2017  9:30 PM
TREY BURKE
TREY BURKE
TREY BURKE
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/25/2017  9:49 PM
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Wrong again. This is KP and the coaches who have made KP one dimensional. He doesn’t move with out the ball. Constantly posting up 20-25 from the basket. No cuts no movement he has become stagnation at it finest. He is now starting to feel the punishment he gets constantly posting. His game is totally out of wack. He has become a lazy offensive player.

Question: how many players over 7 feet tall can you think of who moved well without the ball? If you want to criticize him for not doing what he did earlier in the season and being more effective posting up and getting buckets in the mid-range game I can co-sign on that. But expecting someone his size to be great at moving without the ball is a little far fetched in my opinion.

I get the admiration society here. But the fact that he can move without the ball is something you haven’t noticed. KP moves well with the basketball in his hand too. So to say he can’t move without the ball makes you seem you don’t know his game. During the Euro games KP was doing majority of his impact by moving well without the ball. Something the Knicks and coaching staff have moved away from. Now they are using KP in the Melo role the same complaints we had of Melo not moving without the ball, posting up and hanging up the ball not passing. Everyone wants to see KP succeed but the formula for his success less post up and more movement without the ball.

reub
Member: #6227

12/25/2017  9:51 PM
reub wrote:TREY BURKE
TREY BURKE
TREY BURKE

It's time.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/25/2017  10:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Definitely need more scoring in the backcourt. Frank is becoming more confident, but he's a ways off from being considered a reliable, and timely scorer.

Thats what we need in the interim. Not a knock on Frank, he's a project, and Jack is no spring chicken.

Was able to avoid finding out the score because cable/wifi was out at my in laws. A bit concerned about the hard time Frank had with McConnell. McConnell is like the Knick killer. The Knicks needed better play at the point today and they need to hit their free throws. The Knicks should never t have lost at home to this team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/25/2017  10:44 PM
Knick point guards out scored 43-4 tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/26/2017  8:39 AM
They need to go less into Kanter. As domininant as he is playing, the team needs more flow to their offense. Too much "feeding" mentality. Get up the court, feed Kanter or Porzingis. Defense can easily read this.

Can't see this team make the playoffs or stay above .500 if they keep playing around Kanter. They have to get Lee, McDermott, Frank shots. Going to the big inside is the easiest way to escape a real plan on offense. It looks good at first, but the same way as isolations, eventually they get predictable and the opposing team figures it out. We do the same with Porzingis.

A coincidence since Kanter has began being more featured in the offense there is less assists for the team? Ball won't move if we keep going inside like that. We need to find a way to get more than just Kanter and Porzingis shots.

Especially since the team already does this around Porzingis, they can't also start playing around Kanter that way. You'll see Kanter put up monster stats but we won't score enough. We also need to give Noah a look. O'Quinn is not a better player than a healthy Noah, in my opinion. Noah can keep us a big active team on the glass for 48 minutes, As soon as Kanter sits, you see the change in O'Quinn not being able to be that same force inside. On the plus, O'Quinn is real good at shooting the ball from a little distance.

Welpee

12/26/2017  8:48 AM
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I get the admiration society here. But the fact that he can move without the ball is something you haven’t noticed. KP moves well with the basketball in his hand too. So to say he can’t move without the ball makes you seem you don’t know his game. During the Euro games KP was doing majority of his impact by moving well without the ball. Something the Knicks and coaching staff have moved away from. Now they are using KP in the Melo role the same complaints we had of Melo not moving without the ball, posting up and hanging up the ball not passing. Everyone wants to see KP succeed but the formula for his success less post up and more movement without the ball.

Aside from the little snide unnecessary comments, yeah maybe a 17 year old skinny kid may have moved better without the ball than a maturing 22 year old man who's has put on more weight and his tried to bulk up. Expecting him to play in the NBA like he did as a teenager makes little sense. And just because someone doesn't agree with all of your knocks on Porzingis doesn't make one a part of anybody's "admiration society." If you bothered to read my response, I noted that KP is not doing the things he did early in the season that was making him very effective. KP is NOT going to be a star in the league off of his ability to move without the ball at his size. His play in the post and the mid-range game (in addition to his ability to knock down threes) is his ticket to stardom.
Welpee

12/26/2017  8:51 AM
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Aside from the little snide unnecessary comments, yeah maybe a 17 year old skinny kid may have moved better without the ball than a maturing 22 year old man who's has put on more weight and his tried to bulk up. Expecting him to play in the NBA like he did as a teenager makes little sense. And just because someone doesn't agree with all of your knocks on Porzingis doesn't make one a part of anybody's "admiration society." If you bothered to read my response, I noted that KP is not doing the things he did early in the season that was making him very effective. KP is NOT going to be a star in the league off of his ability to move without the ball at his size. His play in the post and the mid-range game (in addition to his ability to knock down threes) is his ticket to stardom.
Are we really "featuring" Kanter or has he created opportunities for himself working the boards? Even the best passing teams are more effective having a guy in the post who can get high percentage shots. It's not mutually exclusive.
Welpee

12/26/2017  9:22 AM
reub wrote:TREY BURKE
TREY BURKE
TREY BURKE
Yeah, why not? At this point we know Sessions isn't going to give us anything so we're losing nothing just letting him go. I would be comfortable with Frank and Burke if something happened to Jack.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/26/2017  9:24 AM
needed this one - the Knicks are about to nosedive
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/26/2017  1:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2017  2:15 PM
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

What's the sense of moving without the ball when your pg can't get the ball to you anyway. I really don't understand how a PnR with kp turns into a fckng post up, just because kp got the smaller player on him..

we need better pg play to make life easier, the skill set of jack and frank is limiting the amount of stuff we can do on offense as a whole.

ES
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/27/2017  5:43 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:needed this one - the Knicks are about to nosedive

Yep , we have seen this before. Get ready to lose 9 of 10

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/27/2017  11:24 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

I've been prepared for this moment since the beginning of the season! I like winning, but one more lottery pick is what we need going forward. I don't want us to be a repeat of the Suns (when Hornacek was their coach and they performed way better than anticipated in the first year of their rebuilding, just missed out on the playoffs by one game, got a a bad pick, then re-upped all their players, and gradually fell apart over the next few years).

Welpee

12/27/2017  11:41 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I've been prepared for this moment since the beginning of the season! I like winning, but one more lottery pick is what we need going forward. I don't want us to be a repeat of the Suns (when Hornacek was their coach and they performed way better than anticipated in the first year of their rebuilding, just missed out on the playoffs by one game, got a a bad pick, then re-upped all their players, and gradually fell apart over the next few years).

Yeah, but in the 2014 draft other than Embiid was anybody who was picked above the Sun's pick a franchise changing player? In spite of his numbers even the #1 pick (Wiggins) is a little suspect. With Embiid you had to wait three years to get him on the court semi-consistently and you're always on pins and needles regarding his health. Rolling the dice on the lottery almost like playing the real lottery.
Merry Christmas!!!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy