martin wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
martin wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I know some people want to deal him because some are obsessed with future draft picks but kanter is great and has earned his keep as part of this core.

Then trade this years pick to get rid of Noah. We need to get a superstar SF in here before Porzingis hits FA so either we need to tank hard or we need to shed salary to offer someone a fat deal

People's obsession with tanking is crazy.

Do u know of a better way to get star players on cost controlled deals? God forbid getting another player like KP at 5 million a year, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crazy to want that. Look at the core Philly has assembled, we aren't competing with them long-term without a significant upgrade in talent. Tanking is the only way for this team to add the talent needed without giving up multiple role players in the process.

Philly got that core because none of their draft picks could stay healthy. There is usually an uptick in a team's record the following season, after drafting a top lotto pick. Philly never had that because their picks were missing entire seasons, which allowed them (with some luck as well) to keep getting top lotto picks. Not the example to use.

Culture change starts with winning, not losing. Players, FAs, have to see that this franchise isnt a joke anymore. Winning, playoffs, will change that.

Culture change starts with an actual vision and philosophy.
The Sixers had "The(ir) Process" but what is the Knicks' vision? What is their philosophy? Because right now our strategy appears to be little more than throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks, which is no different from the losing strategy we've always implored.

The Sixers on the other hand were well oiled-machine: acquiring lottery picks from other teams (i.e. the Pelicans 2013 lottery pick, the Pelicans 2014 lottery pick, the Lakers 2018 lottery pick, the Kings' 2017 and 2019 lottery picks) as well as unearthing assets (e.g. Robert Covington and Richaun Holmes) IN ADDITION to Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons. Give me that over what we're doing any day.

The fact that you don't understand what the vision is is more indicative of you not paying attention, not what the team is actually doing.

Then articulate the vision for all of us that's blind to what is going on.

Here's the thing Nard, you simultaneously tell us that Knicks don't have a vision and philosophy while also letting us know that you haven't paid ANY attention to what the Knicks or Scott Perry has been preaching since he got here.

You can't have both.

Except I have..and I've even read the articles fishmike provided. And what they are doing doesn't jive.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/30/2017  10:45 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
martin wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
martin wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I know some people want to deal him because some are obsessed with future draft picks but kanter is great and has earned his keep as part of this core.

Then trade this years pick to get rid of Noah. We need to get a superstar SF in here before Porzingis hits FA so either we need to tank hard or we need to shed salary to offer someone a fat deal

People's obsession with tanking is crazy.

Do u know of a better way to get star players on cost controlled deals? God forbid getting another player like KP at 5 million a year, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crazy to want that. Look at the core Philly has assembled, we aren't competing with them long-term without a significant upgrade in talent. Tanking is the only way for this team to add the talent needed without giving up multiple role players in the process.

Philly got that core because none of their draft picks could stay healthy. There is usually an uptick in a team's record the following season, after drafting a top lotto pick. Philly never had that because their picks were missing entire seasons, which allowed them (with some luck as well) to keep getting top lotto picks. Not the example to use.

Culture change starts with winning, not losing. Players, FAs, have to see that this franchise isnt a joke anymore. Winning, playoffs, will change that.

Culture change starts with an actual vision and philosophy.
The Sixers had "The(ir) Process" but what is the Knicks' vision? What is their philosophy? Because right now our strategy appears to be little more than throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks, which is no different from the losing strategy we've always implored.

The Sixers on the other hand were well oiled-machine: acquiring lottery picks from other teams (i.e. the Pelicans 2013 lottery pick, the Pelicans 2014 lottery pick, the Lakers 2018 lottery pick, the Kings' 2017 and 2019 lottery picks) as well as unearthing assets (e.g. Robert Covington and Richaun Holmes) IN ADDITION to Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons. Give me that over what we're doing any day.

The fact that you don't understand what the vision is is more indicative of you not paying attention, not what the team is actually doing.

Then articulate the vision for all of us that's blind to what is going on.

Here's the thing Nard, you simultaneously tell us that Knicks don't have a vision and philosophy while also letting us know that you haven't paid ANY attention to what the Knicks or Scott Perry has been preaching since he got here.

You can't have both.

Except I have..and I've even read the articles fishmike provided. And what they are doing doesn't jive.

Great, please articulate it so that we have a starting point for conversation and baseline.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Enes Kanter: "The best acqusition since Kristaps Porzingis."

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy